PDA

View Full Version : Feeling disappointed watching the video of us singing SoL

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Just watched a fans video of us all singing Sunshine on Leith for the first time since the final. I love the song and I sung it in various boozers around Leith over the weekend. Running on the pitch I'm fine with. Jumping about with your mates I'm also fine with. Taking a few pics I'm also fine with but why did people stay on the pitch for so long? They must have known there was going to be a presentation of the Scottish Cup that we have all been waiting to see since the day we were all born. They must have known they wouldn't do it with fans on the pitch.

To finally see the video with the backdrop of mounted police, on foot police and stewards on the park has left me feeling sad. It is hardly an image I want to remember from the final. I think back to the Killie final with the players looking up at us as they wandered the pitch taking it all in. Those idiots that went on and caused trouble for no other reason than because they wanted to should be identified and never allowed back to a Hibs match ever again. You robbed us and you robbed the players and backroom staff of Hibs from what should have been an everlasting memory of a joyous occasion singing SoL. Our club is in the news for all the wrong reasons and we will be hammered by the authorities at a time when we need money to survive another season in this dreadful league. I don't think I'll watch it again. Unlike the winning goal as I've watched that what seems like a thousand times. :flag::flag::flag:

Big_Franck
24-05-2016, 03:37 PM
I love the videos of SOL from saturday and to be honest I don't really care that there was no lap of honour. We did it and that's all that really matters to me.

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Who cares what the news says?? If you look even vaguely carefully outside the goldfish bowl of Scottish media there's plenty of positive coverage.

You be sad if you want to mate, the rest of us will remember the day, the WHOLE day, with nothing but delirious joy in our hearts

Since90+2
24-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Sad is not a feeling I would associate with Saturday.

Onceinawhile
24-05-2016, 03:40 PM
I love the videos of SOL from saturday and to be honest I don't really care that there was no lap of honour. We did it and that's all that really matters to me.

Totally agree.

The majority of fans were fine with it, if slightly peeved, because it was understandable even if you didn't partake (as I didn't).

The players have also said it didn't tarnish the day for them.

jacomo
24-05-2016, 03:42 PM
The authorities wanted to punish us all and so they banned the lap of honour.

Waste of the horses really - David Gray could have ridden one around, holding the cup above his head.

I won't give them the satisfaction of being even slightly bothered about it.

Let's win it again in 2017 and do it then.

SJM
24-05-2016, 03:44 PM
The authorities wanted to punish us all and so they banned the lap of honour.

Waste of the horses really - David Gray could have ridden one around, holding the cup above his head.

I won't give them the satisfaction of being even slightly bothered about it.

Let's win it again in 2017 and do it then.

Spot on.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 03:44 PM
It's not like the players weren't there. They joined in from the stands.

It was everything I thought it would be and more. A memory to last forever.

The actual game itself was far better than anything I'd even remotely dreamed of. If I let myself think we could win, it was hanging on for pens or a spawny deflection and then the alamo. A 3-2 where we dominated but had to come off the ropes and win it in injury time never entered my head for a second.

Totally and absolutely wonderful. :flag:

iwasthere1972
24-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Just watched a fans video of us all singing Sunshine on Leith for the first time since the final. I love the song and I sung it in various boozers around Leith over the weekend. Running on the pitch I'm fine with. Jumping about with your mates I'm also fine with. Taking a few pics I'm also fine with but why did people stay on the pitch for so long? They must have known there was going to be a presentation of the Scottish Cup that we have all been waiting to see since the day we were all born. They must have known they wouldn't do it with fans on the pitch.

To finally see the video with the backdrop of mounted police, on foot police and stewards on the park has left me feeling sad. It is hardly an image I want to remember from the final. I think back to the Killie final with the players looking up at us as they wandered the pitch taking it all in. Those idiots that went on and caused trouble for no other reason than because they wanted to should be identified and never allowed back to a Hibs match ever again. You robbed us and you robbed the players and backroom staff of Hibs from what should have been an everlasting memory of a joyous occasion singing SoL. Our club is in the news for all the wrong reasons and we will be hammered by the authorities at a time when we need money to survive another season in this dreadful league. I don't think I'll watch it again. Unlike the winning goal as I've watched that what seems like a thousand times. :flag::flag::flag:

You're over thinking things. So what that there are mounted police etc. I've watched the video countless times and the only things that my eyes are focused on are the team and other Hibs officials, the fans and the Scottish Cup.

Enjoy the occasion because we've waited long enough for it.

Loads of lies being banded about by The Rangers and the media but, although we as a club are responsible for some of the events from Saturday, we are not to blame for the mindless Rangers morons who felt a need to also invade the pitch with only one thing in mind. That being to knock ten bells out of a Hibs fan who was probably only on their celebrating a Scottish Cup Win. Something their team has yet to achieve.

GGTTH

patlowe
24-05-2016, 03:47 PM
I agree with the OP - incredible day and weekend but I do feel a slight sense of disappointment both that we didn't get a lap of honour and that we gave Rangers PR machine and the media an opportunity to deflect from the win. It didn't hamper my celebrations in the hours and days to come mind :greengrin

Ross4356
24-05-2016, 03:49 PM

This^^ When I was singing it at the end of the game I was looking at the rest of my fellow Hibs Supporters and not the Glesga polis

Steve20
24-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Sunshine on Leith was amazing on Saturday. I've watched it back a few times since and it's still great. :flag:

green day
24-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Nah, it adds to the Hibs story. **** the media, they hate us anyway.

Circle the wagons.

Crammond Hibee
24-05-2016, 03:52 PM

I agree
Seeing the players on the pitch at full time is part of the day.

hibs0666
24-05-2016, 03:53 PM
To be honest I think we are going to get hammered by the SFA and reasonably so. We will have to take responsibility for our erses and the medicine that is coming our way.

But we won it and it is a magical thing.

Carheenlea
24-05-2016, 03:56 PM
Now that the dust has settled, I feel some disappointment that we didn't get to see the players celebrate on the park at the end and show off the cup. We don't have a team photo on the podium with green and white ticker tape and and fireworks. The players were denied, what for some might be the only time in their lives, to celebrate with their young kids on the pitch and enjoy SOL from there rather than squeezed up on the podium. The day was incredible, a day I'll never forget, snd Sunday was extraordinary as well. I just feel there are 20 minutes missing from it all, 20 minutes that might have been the best 20 minutes of it all.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Next up - "I won the lottery but they gave me the £10M in 20s and I wanted 50s". :grr:

Pete
24-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I agree
Seeing the players on the pitch at full time is part of the day.

Lol part of the day is normally sloping off at the final whistle.

We've won the cup with a last minute goal yet some people are complaining that the players weren't in the right place afterwards or there were too many police on the pitch spoiling the ambience.

Bloody hell. Just take it as it was and look back fondly. :rolleyes:

#2 Double Tap
24-05-2016, 04:00 PM
To be honest I think we are going to get hammered by the SFA and reasonably so. We will have to take responsibility for our erses and the medicine that is coming our way.

But we won it and it is a magical thing.

we won the cup. it was and will be all worth it!

Crammond Hibee
24-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Next up - "I won the lottery but they gave me the £10M in 20s and I wanted 50s". :grr:

No you won £10m and were given £9m
Shortchanged
As we were on Saturday

Waxy
24-05-2016, 04:03 PM
The SOL was amazing.Not bothered about a lap of honour, just wanted to see our legend captain lift the Scottish cup, and we all did.

cam2644
24-05-2016, 04:06 PM

To finally see the video with the backdrop of mounted police, on foot police and stewards on the park has left me feeling sad. It is hardly an image I want to remember from the final. I think back to the Killie final with the players looking up at us as they wandered the pitch taking it all in. Those idiots that went on and caused trouble for no other reason than because they wanted to should be identified and never allowed back to a Hibs match ever again. You robbed us and you robbed the players and backroom staff of Hibs from what should have been an everlasting memory of a joyous occasion singing SoL. Our club is in the news for all the wrong reasons and we will be hammered by the authorities at a time when we need money to survive another season in this dreadful league. I don't think I'll watch it again. Unlike the winning goal as I've watched that what seems like a thousand times. :flag::flag::flag:You'll probably be a bit disappointed when you go to Heaven too!

Kato
24-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Me and a pal left the ground singing "You can stick your lap of honour up yer ****". By the time everyone had left the pitch there was no real reason to cancel other than the SFA's noses being put out of joint.

Nothing at all spoiled that day.

SlickShoes
24-05-2016, 04:10 PM
I'd change nothing about Saturday myself, it was perfect. Better than I could have dreamed.

If we had won in any other manner there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion, but a last minute goal and coming from a losing position, was a recipe for chaos.

Police should have realised when the goal went in and positioned themselves accordingly but they didn't, whoever was match commander made an arse of the end of the game.

The pitch was completely clear after 15 minutes, it's not that long and to be honest on the day it flew by because I was in the stands hugging and kissing people that were feeling the sheer elation I was.

jockodile
24-05-2016, 04:12 PM
No cup getting lifted and no SOL, which could have easily happened, would have been the 9m instead of 10m.

As it is we got 9.75m and back up to 10 after the parade on Sunday.

Its only due to the persistent negative coverage from the usual sources that it can feel as if we missed something. We did, but only a little.

Contrast that to walking out from the last 2 cup finals and you will get a proper sense of perspective.

Pete
24-05-2016, 04:13 PM
No you won £10m and were given £9m
Shortchanged
As we were on Saturday

It's more like winning ten million and moaning about being a tenner short.

"Short changed" :tee hee:

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 04:19 PM
It's alright. We can do the lap of honour when we win it next season [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Risboro Hibby
24-05-2016, 04:24 PM
It did spoil the actual 5 to 10 minutes just after the final whistle for me but that was all. I like the opening statement could not understand for the life of me why the fans were not going back to their seats It was obvious there would be no cup presentation while they were on and as I had said in a statement on the day I feared the authorities might at that moment have decided to present the cup in the dressing room and cancel playing SOL and GGTH. If they had and let's face it because of the behaviour of some of our fans they might have it certainly would have marred the day but fortunately I am probably just a panicker

lord bunberry
24-05-2016, 04:24 PM

Words have yet to come into use that describe how little I care about all of that.
2016 Scottish Cup Winners- Hibernian FC that's all that matters to me.

ShinyFantastic
24-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Would never change any of it. We won the cup for god sake be happy!!!

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2016, 04:32 PM
The chances of the Hibs fans running onto the pitch at the end were so incredibly likely that nobody but an idiot would have discounted the possibility. In view of that a huge slice of the blame for what subsequently happened, real or imaginary, should be laid squarely at the door of the Hampden authorities, the SFA and especially the police.

The whole thing points to a crassly negligent attitude where the various bodies responsible for security at the match either failed to learn what the occasion would mean to the Hibs support should the club win, or worse they did but chose to ignore it as a factor in how security might be affected.

They knew they had screwed up and preventing the players from taking the cup round was IMO the result of a petted lip rather than a security issue, considering that by the time the fans had cleared the pitch there was barely a currant bun left in the stadium.

As for spoiling SOL at the end ............ not for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2016, 04:32 PM
You be sad if you want to mate, the rest of us will remember the day, the WHOLE day, with nothing but delirious joy in our hearts

Succinct and to the point.

Onion
24-05-2016, 04:33 PM
I agree with the OP - incredible day and weekend but I do feel a slight sense of disappointment both that we didn't get a lap of honour and that we gave Rangers PR machine and the media an opportunity to deflect from the win. It didn't hamper my celebrations in the hours and days to come mind :greengrin

Agree, would have been good to have the lap of honour and sing song, but the match and ending was everything any Hibs fan could possibly have wished or dreamed of.. and then some.

People who were most pissed off are the TV companies and press who would have planned for 30+ mins of footage which they were denied by the fan invasion. They wanted and expected a Sevco win. 2nd prize would have been Hibs fans performing like orchestrated puppets for their "world-wide audience" but it didn't play out that way. Shame :wink:

21 May 2016 was a spontaneous outpouring of raw emotion for Hibs fans and players which you could not script. I'll carry nothing but positive memories of that day and weekend to my grave without a minute's regret for the neutral or media.

O'Rourke3
24-05-2016, 04:34 PM
If you liked the players looking up at the Killie final, there's plenty footage of the players joining in. Stoke's reaction says it all. The difference is a half empty stadium or a half empty stadium with some horses.

Albanian Hibs
24-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Feeling sad? Are you ****ing joking?!

Frazerbob
24-05-2016, 04:40 PM
I agree with the OP. Fantastic day obviously but definitely had the shine taken off it by the pitch invaders not getting their ***** back into the stands more quickly. Grown men continued to throw themselves to the ground, pretend to pray and try to shake hands with police long after the vast majority realised what was going on and headed back to the stands. The fans in the stand were, booing, shouting and singing at them to get off but still they were ****ing about. The ovation given to the police when they finally walked the last few fans off said it all.

No lap if honour with their kids and no team photo on the pitch with the cup is a real shame.

Still absolutely buzzing though!

SJM
24-05-2016, 04:44 PM
If someone had told any hibee ever that we can win the cup today with a last min winner from our captain having been behind but there would be no lap of honour due to the emotion of many fans in utter shock led to a pitch invasion nobody would ever be disappointed.

We done it, we won the cup, where there to see the hibs go up to lift the Scottish cup. Nothing will ever take that feeling away from me.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Who cares what the news says?? If you look even vaguely carefully outside the goldfish bowl of Scottish media there's plenty of positive coverage.

I do remember the day as being fantastic. No one will ever take that away from me. When each goal went in it was magical. It was just the sight of all those bright yellow vests on the pitch that made me sad when I watched the video.

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2016, 04:46 PM
The spontaneous outpouring of emotion that was encapsulated by the pitch invasion was better than any choreographed lap of honour/confetti that Hampden might have laid on for us.

Personally, I love the backdrop to Sunshine on Leith of the broken goalposts and torn up turf. It's raw, and it's real. I'm sure something stage managed would have 'looked better on TV' but who cares? We were celebrating for us, not for a TV audience.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 04:47 PM
If someone had told any hibee ever that we can win the cup today with a last min winner from our captain having been behind but there would be no lap of honour due to the emotion of many fans in utter shock led to a pitch invasion nobody would ever be disappointed.

We done it, we won the cup, where there to see the hibs go up to lift the Scottish cup. Nothing will ever take that feeling away from me.

We were in real danger of them getting the cup presented to the team in the dressing room.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Feeling sad? Are you ****ing joking?!

Felling sad with the video is what I said. FFS

essexhibee
24-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Doesn't tarnish it for me. Utterly beautiful stuff. No other football song comes close.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 04:49 PM
The chances of the Hibs fans running onto the pitch at the end were so incredibly likely that nobody but an idiot would have discounted the possibility. In view of that a huge slice of the blame for what subsequently happened, real or imaginary, should be laid squarely at the door of the Hampden authorities, the SFA and especially the police.

The whole thing points to a crassly negligent attitude where the various bodies responsible for security at the match either failed to learn what the occasion would mean to the Hibs support should the club win, or worse they did but chose to ignore it as a factor in how security might be affected.

They knew they had screwed up and preventing the players from taking the cup round was IMO the result of a petted lip rather than a security issue, considering that by the time the fans had cleared the pitch there was barely a currant bun left in the stadium.

As for spoiling SOL at the end ............ not for me.

I loved singing it at the end of the game. It was the video that just made me feel sad not seeing the team/backroom staff on the pitch with their families as was the case with the Killie game.

Pete
24-05-2016, 04:50 PM
I don't know if anyone has noticed but there are enough people in the media, at Sevco and the SFA trying to put a damper on things already.

No offence but this is the last place I want to hear any moaning about any aspect of the greatest day in our history. No families on the pitch, too many horses, my bovril was too salty...who cares?

SJM
24-05-2016, 04:51 PM
We were in real danger of them getting the cup presented to the team in the dressing room.

It didn't though, I seen it with my own eyes. Scenes I thought I would ever see (I think it happened anyway) epic doesn't do it justice.

TAHibby
24-05-2016, 04:51 PM
No lap of honour was the result of 'punishing a naughty child' and nothing more. There was no other issues at that point and no reason the players couldn't have brought the cup down onto the pitch

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2016, 04:52 PM
I got caught in a brief rain shower in Leith on Sunday evening, which left me feeling sad :boo hoo:

SJM
Why has there been no official announcement on who decided there would be no lap of honour? There's no danger anyone would have ran on the pitch again so it couldn't be on the grounds of player safety. They where safe enough the next gain day parading it in gods country.

AndyB_70

After giving half to Hibs of course.

Jamesie
Agree with the OP and would go as far as to say the footage from the CIS Cup win in 2007 makes a much better watch - a shame too as this could have been so much more.

Kato
24-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I loved singing it at the end of the game. It was the video that just made me feel sad not seeing the team/backroom staff on the pitch with their families as was the case with the Killie game.

So you've said, tough luck.

SJM
24-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Agree with the OP and would go as far as to say the footage from the CIS Cup win in 2007 makes a much better watch - a shame too as this could have been so much more.

It may make a better watch but if you where at the game then watching back you will remember the way you felt whilst belting out sunshine on leith after david gray lifted that cup.

Jamesie
24-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Why has there been no official announcement on who decided there would be no lap of honour? There's no danger anyone would have ran on the pitch again so it couldn't be on the grounds of player safety. They where safe enough the next gain day parading it in gods country.

How can you be certain of that though? If the Scottish Cup had gone "missing" can you imagine how heads would have rolled within the Polis / stewards? That may seem outlandish but I also wouldn't have anticipated anyone's priority being to thieve camera gear minutes after we'd won the Scottish Cup, but they did.

Jamesie
24-05-2016, 04:55 PM
It may make a better watch but if you where at the game then watching back you will remember the way you felt whilst belting out sunshine on leith after david gray lifted that cup.

I was there but it just all felt a bit more restrained this time round, which was a shame.

SJM
24-05-2016, 04:56 PM
How can you be certain of that though? If the Scottish Cup had gone "missing" can you imagine how heads would have rolled within the Polis / stewards? That may seem outlandish but I also wouldn't have anticipated anyone's priority being to thieve camera gear minutes after we'd won the Scottish Cup, but they did.

The police where in position at that time and everyone had been on the pitch and left.
The cup could have went missing in between 150,000 of us on Sunday, it didn't though it was party time as it would have been after we lifted the cup.

Who's to say it was a hibee that chored the camera gear also? Does anyone know of anyone walking out the stadium with this equipment or even back to their seats? Some boy in front of me dropped his iPhone in the celebrations running onto the pitch, I picked it up and waited until he was back and Handed it to him. I would be astonished and embarrassed if anyone was on the chore right after what god had blessed us with. That's more like Hun behaviour.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 04:57 PM
I got caught in a brief rain shower in Leith on Sunday evening, which left me feeling sad :boo hoo:

I bought a packet of fruit pastilles on my way to Leith Walk and there were only 2 green ones. :boo hoo:

Jamesie
24-05-2016, 04:58 PM
The police where in position at that time and everyone had been on the pitch and left.
The cup could have went missing in between 150,000 of us on Sunday, it didn't though it was party time as it would have been after we lifted the cup.

Not convinced a double row of Polis could have stopped the momentum of the charge of the crowd if it had decided to re-enter the pitch. And for how heavily policed Sunday was there was no chance of that cup going missing.

Aldo
24-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Just watched a fans video of us all singing Sunshine on Leith for the first time since the final. I love the song and I sung it in various boozers around Leith over the weekend. Running on the pitch I'm fine with. Jumping about with your mates I'm also fine with. Taking a few pics I'm also fine with but why did people stay on the pitch for so long? They must have known there was going to be a presentation of the Scottish Cup that we have all been waiting to see since the day we were all born. They must have known they wouldn't do it with fans on the pitch. To finally see the video with the backdrop of mounted police, on foot police and stewards on the park has left me feeling sad. It is hardly an image I want to remember from the final. I think back to the Killie final with the players looking up at us as they wandered the pitch taking it all in. Those idiots that went on and caused trouble for no other reason than because they wanted to should be identified and never allowed back to a Hibs match ever again. You robbed us and you robbed the players and backroom staff of Hibs from what should have been an everlasting memory of a joyous occasion singing SoL. Our club is in the news for all the wrong reasons and we will be hammered by the authorities at a time when we need money to survive another season in this dreadful league. I don't think I'll watch it again. Unlike the winning goal as I've watched that what seems like a thousand times. :flag::flag::flag:

Watch them all signing SOL and enjoying every minute. They had their lap of honour in Sunday through the streets of Edinburgh and I wonder what they thought on top of that bus as the looked down Leith Walk??

Would suspect that was better than a lap of honour!!

LaMotta
24-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Felling sad with the video is what I said. FFS

Read the comments on this video of Sunshine on Leith, because there are people from all over the world who are delighted with the rendition they heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3b_lw7t2TE

I genuinely can’t believe that any Hibs fan could feel anything other than overwhelming joy at watching this. I showed this video to my dad the other day who is in his 70’s and I seen him cry for the first time in my life. I can assure you they weren’t tears of sadness.

:flag:

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 05:00 PM

I was walking up Leith Walk. It was pissing down.

Pete
24-05-2016, 05:01 PM

You're making your fellow supporters sound like a bunch of marauding vikings. Steal the cup??

As for it being a bit restrained...I think there were enough random, unchecked outpourings of emotion minutes beforehand to even things out.

SJM
24-05-2016, 05:01 PM
I was there but it just all felt a bit more restrained this time round, which was a shame.

I was in too much shock/delight/euphoria to notice and it felt like an outer body experience in comparison to 2007 where it was nothing like Sat an even that was amazing. I feel for the guys that feel they missed out in a non patronising way, I just don't feel similar.

(((Fergus)))
24-05-2016, 05:06 PM
A genuine mass pitch invasion with unbridled euphoria and moderate hun skelping vastly outweighs any routine, stage-managed SFA/BBC bull*****. Not only was the invasion perfect, we can also enjoy the seething and whining of the establishment ****.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Not sad with this version. Hardly a police horse in sight.

https://twitter.com/dmcgeouch/status/735078280047497216

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I was walking up Leith Walk. It was pissing down.

How did that make you feel?

Just Alf
24-05-2016, 05:13 PM
How did that make you feel?
Wet :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Wet :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You just beat me to it.

superfurryhibby
24-05-2016, 05:21 PM
At the time, I was mightilly pissed off with the people on pitch. I wanted to bask in seeing the players getting their rightful acclaim and whilst I understand passion, I felt it was a poor response.

That's not changed, it did take a wee bit of the shine of the day, but deep down, nothing can undermine the sensation of seeing Gray's goal and the joyous celebrations with my friends and family when we got back to Edinburgh that night.

The police should have been more prepared too. They were slow off the mark and contributed to the general mayhem by not pre-empting the invasion.

RIP
24-05-2016, 05:28 PM

There was no justification for cancelling the lap of honour. The Hibs Board and Hibs Supporters Association must submit an official complaint.

A disgraceful example of spite against the 99.8% of Hibernian fans who behaved impeccably.

Andy we need to put these events into perspective.

Keith_M
24-05-2016, 05:30 PM
As others have already said, there was no genuine reason to NOT have a lap of honour.

The Hibs Fans had already cleared the pitch and were happily celebrating in the Stands. The Rangers Fans, including the thugs that entered the field purely to attack celebrating Hibbies, had left the stadium.

The Police and Stewards cocked up and they knew it. That is the only reason they there was no lap of honour, as they had finally rallied the troops in an effort to save face.

As for The Rangers players refusing to accept their medals; that was purely down to a petted lip.

stoneyburn hibs
24-05-2016, 05:30 PM
The celebrations on Saturday will be with us forever, wouldn't have been better any other way.

Frazerbob
24-05-2016, 05:33 PM
So you've said, tough luck.

Any need?

carnoustiehibee
24-05-2016, 05:34 PM
A genuine mass pitch invasion with unbridled euphoria and moderate hun skelping vastly outweighs any routine, stage-managed SFA/BBC bull*****. Not only was the invasion perfect, we can also enjoy the seething and whining of the establishment ****.

Of all the posts over the wkd this tops the lot. I wouldn't of had it any other way.

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2016, 05:39 PM
As for The Rangers players refusing to accept their medals; that was purely down to a petted lip.

The best evidence of this is that the referee and other officials still went up to get their mementos before we did. I actually felt a tiny bit bad (like, maybe 0.00000001% bad) for the few decent Rangers fans who'd stayed back presumably to applaud their team's efforts.

TrinityHibs
24-05-2016, 05:54 PM
It's alright. We can do the lap of honour when we win it next season [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can do the lap of honour at ER in front of a full house against Morton if we want to because its ours for a year

OsloHibs
24-05-2016, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that image of us with everyone looking at us! And I love seeing the players all on the balcony together.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Nobody will EVER forget those scenes at the end, those were not normal celebrations you see any other year. :top marks

greenlex
24-05-2016, 06:08 PM
The only thing I was disappointed with on Saturday was not seeing Rangers players trudge up for their losers medals. Shame on you all.

Mr White
24-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Ruined nothing for me. It was the result of spontaneity and the wrecked posts add to it imo. An iconic image from a wonderful day.

cmcd
24-05-2016, 06:12 PM
I agree with the OP. Fantastic day obviously but definitely had the shine taken off it by the pitch invaders not getting their ***** back into the stands more quickly. Grown men continued to throw themselves to the ground, pretend to pray and try to shake hands with police long after the vast majority realised what was going on and headed back to the stands. The fans in the stand were, booing, shouting and singing at them to get off but still they were ****ing about. The ovation given to the police when they finally walked the last few fans off said it all.

No lap if honour with their kids and no team photo on the pitch with the cup is a real shame.

Still absolutely buzzing though!

I waited for 67 Years for this and yes I was disappointed . Still a great day

inglisavhibs
24-05-2016, 06:42 PM

You are going to let a few idiots ruin your memory of Saturday! Sol was probably the best ever and we are not the only supporters who enjoy it.

northstandhibby
24-05-2016, 06:56 PM
The SOL was amazing.Not bothered about a lap of honour, just wanted to see our legend captain lift the Scottish cup, and we all did.

Agree with this.

Best weekend of sport and celebration for me ever. The Huns were their usual sectarian chanting hate-mob. We did them over on the park and I couldn't care less what happened after. I was glad to see Hampdump ripped up. It should be demolished and removed from Sectarian City.

Glory Glory

EH75
24-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm also feeling disappointed. Disappointed that I have to go back to normal life in the knowledge that whatever our club does, whatever it wins, over the rest of my entire life I will never again experience anything quite like what I experienced at the weekend. It was wonderful.

Dunedin Hibs
25-05-2016, 12:17 AM
It's not like the players weren't there. They joined in from the stands.

It was everything I thought it would be and more. A memory to last forever.

The actual game itself was far better than anything I'd even remotely dreamed of. If I let myself think we could win, it was hanging on for pens or a spawny deflection and then the alamo. A 3-2 where we dominated but had to come off the ropes and win it in injury time never entered my head for a second.

Totally and absolutely wonderful. :flag:

While I'm worth my room on this Earth...spot on..

Salt N Sauzee
25-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Not one bit bothered about there being no lap of honour. David Gray scored an injury time winning against Rangers to win the cup we've been chasing for 114 years. If we went back to Saturday at full time, I'd run on the pitch again and again. A day I'll remember for all the right reasons no matter how hard the Weegie Media try to ruin it for us. We done it.