PDA

View Full Version : So, who's away?

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Summer will be a pretty exciting one for the club - we NEED to spend to get out of this division and chances are the cup win and knock on effect (STs, merchandise sales) will give us some much needed cash. But who will we be saying goodbye to?

Henderson Gunnarsson and Stokes' loans have ended - Henderson could be persuaded to come back for another year (but I doubt it) and Stokes I have no doubt is away. Gunnarsson will probably be quite happy to come back as backup.

Hanlon, El Alagui, Thomson, Dagnall and Logan are all out of contract. El Alagui and Dagnall will go. Thomson might retire and stay on as a coach. I hope we keep Hanlon and Logan will probably get a new deal, but I suspect he'd be backup to a new keeper.

We'll see bids for Cummings and McGinn - Cummings will probably leave (unless the EL has swung it for him) and McGinn will stay for at least another year, hopefully more if we get promoted.

I suspect we'll also see early releases for Stanton, Handling, Forster, Harris and other fringe players.

jacomo
24-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I understand that we will receive a development fee for Cummings even at the end of his contract.

If so, it changes the financial risk. We could easily keep him for his final year even if he refuses to sign a new deal.

I've said elsewhere that I imagine Brendan Rodgers will want Hendo as part of his squad. If he doesn't, then he would be one of the priorities for me. Stokes as well, although that might be even less realistic.

Personally, I do think Stanton and maybe another of the Hibs kids have something to offer. We'll see.

Quite a lot of work for Stubbs and the team to do, then, but the amount of players out of contract gives them quite a lot of leeway too.

Geo_1875
24-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Henderson and Stokes will go back to Celtc for their new manager to have a look. If he doesn't fancy them they'll be up for sale. I wouldn't mind going in for Henderson.

Thomson said on Sunday that he's away. Don't know if he'll keep on playing, possibly at a lower level.

Gunnarsson would be good to have if Hanlon does go.

If we go for a new goalkeeper we'll need to let 2 go.

Busy time for the manager with the Euro games so early.

KDY Hibs
24-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Hope we keep handling, been unlucky with injury and I think he could play his part next season.

Brightside
24-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Summer will be a pretty exciting one for the club - we NEED to spend to get out of this division and chances are the cup win and knock on effect (STs, merchandise sales) will give us some much needed cash. But who will we be saying goodbye to?

Henderson Gunnarsson and Stokes' loans have ended - Henderson could be persuaded to come back for another year (but I doubt it) and Stokes I have no doubt is away. Gunnarsson will probably be quite happy to come back as backup.

Hanlon, El Alagui, Thomson, Dagnall and Logan are all out of contract. El Alagui and Dagnall will go. Thomson might retire and stay on as a coach. I hope we keep Hanlon and Logan will probably get a new deal, but I suspect he'd be backup to a new keeper.

We'll see bids for Cummings and McGinn - Cummings will probably leave (unless the EL has swung it for him) and McGinn will stay for at least another year, hopefully more if we get promoted.

I suspect we'll also see early releases for Stanton, Handling, Forster, Harris and other fringe players.

There was no sign of Stanton or Harris at any of the events...unless i missed them. So id expect them to be released. Dagnall and Farid will also be away. Thomson won't be on the playing squad. Id expect Gunnarson to be offered something - with a view to taking Fontaines place in the squad once he leave next season. WE will sign a right back, two wingers, two strikers.

staunchhibby
24-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Sam Stanton is still under contract.They would need to pay remainder of contract which they will not do

Marco G
24-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Henderson and Stokes will go back to Celtc for their new manager to have a look. If he doesn't fancy them they'll be up for sale. I wouldn't mind going in for Henderson.

Thomson said on Sunday that he's away. Don't know if he'll keep on playing, possibly at a lower level.

Gunnarsson would be good to have if Hanlon does go.

If we go for a new goalkeeper we'll need to let 2 go.

Busy time for the manager with the Euro games so early.Rogers has already said he wants a "tight" squad, so presume fringe players could go on loan. May still be too early for Henderson to claim a starting place, so who knows we might see him next season at Easter Road. Can't see him being sold, since he does have a lot of potential.

SJM
24-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Stokes is hoping to get the final year of his contract activated - both he and Hendo will both want to go back and try and get in the plans. Can't blame them, both will always get a cheer from me whenever up against them.

Thomson is looking to go p/t with coaching at us. Fraid & Daggers will be gone. Hanlon is in talks with Aberdeen, could see him leaving a legend. Hope we keep Gunnarsson. Not sure about Logan but he can easily do a job at this level. Cummings I reckon will be gone if a new deal isn't agreed too.

Northern Hibby
24-05-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm looking forward to see what Jamie Insall can offer next year.

The Green Goblin
24-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Ach, I understand the op, but gie us a few more days of celebrating in our wee dream eh? Reality can wait a bit longer....

Andy74
24-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Sam Stanton is still under contract.They would need to pay remainder of contract which they will not do

Not if another team wants to take him.

J-C
24-05-2016, 02:35 PM
There was no sign of Stanton or Harris at any of the events...unless i missed them. So id expect them to be released. Dagnall and Farid will also be away. Thomson won't be on the playing squad. Id expect Gunnarson to be offered something - with a view to taking Fontaines place in the squad once he leave next season. WE will sign a right back, two wingers, two strikers.

Gunnarsson is a RB, so he won't be to take Fontaine's place.

I noticed Insall on the bus partying but as you said no sign of Harris or Stanton, a bit weird as they were part of the 1st team squad at the start of the season.

Carmichael might be one that will leave, he's been injured nearly all season and we need width but only have Boyle or that.

Depending on what tactics Stubbs goes with, we'll need either 1 or 2 strikers, preferably a biggish skilful forward in the Malonga mould, I just don't want a big lump up top, someone like Josh McGenns.

Brightside
24-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Gunnarsson is a RB, so he won't be to take Fontaine's place.

I noticed Insall on the bus partying but as you said no sign of Harris or Stanton, a bit weird as they were part of the 1st team squad at the start of the season.

Carmichael might be one that will leave, he's been injured nearly all season and we need width but only have Boyle or that.

Depending on what tactics Stubbs goes with, we'll need either 1 or 2 strikers, preferably a biggish skilful forward in the Malonga mould, I just don't want a big lump up top, someone like Josh McGenns.

Gunnarsson fills in at CB...for me his future is there. I was sitting with Insall on Sunday morning. He's a lovely lad, tells me he has lost 2 1/2 stone since he's been here, and until Sat hadn't had a drink in 8 months. I love his attitude and hope he gets a chance next season. Every team he has played for has been promoted!

MSK
24-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Gunnarsson fills in at CB...for me his future is there. I was sitting with Insall on Sunday morning. He's a lovely lad, tells me he has lost 2 1/2 stone since he's been here, and until Sat hadn't had a drink in 8 months. I love his attitude and hope he gets a chance next season. Every team he has played for has been promoted!Met and chatted to Insall at the sponsors do on Sunday, he is crackers 😁

Hibernian Verse
24-05-2016, 03:26 PM
Stanton was with the players on Saturday along with Insall so they'll be staying. Not sure about Harris.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Might be old news but looks like Hanlon is away.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1355170-hibernian-defender-paul-hanlon-holds-signing-talks-with-aberdeen/

Lago
24-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Gunnarsson fills in at CB...for me his future is there. I was sitting with Insall on Sunday morning. He's a lovely lad, tells me he has lost 2 1/2 stone since he's been here, and until Sat hadn't had a drink in 8 months. I love his attitude and hope he gets a chance next season. Every team he has played for has been promoted!
Thats a good news story re Insall deserves to succeed with that attitude. :aok:

biotech
24-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Personally, think Logan will leave and Oxley will be given the no. 1 spot. Logan is a legend, but only ever a short term signing. Oxley still has time to mature into a quality keeper.

Tom Hart RIP
24-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Stanton was with the players on Saturday along with Insall so they'll be staying. Not sure about Harris.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I thought I'd seen Sam celebrating with the rest after the game but I'm glad you confirmed it.

WhileTheChief..
24-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Probably be quiet on this front until the end of the month. Players and staff will have holidays now and those out of contract are prob released then.

First bit of biz should be to clarify Stubbs position followed by the permanent signing of Henderson. Hibs legend yes but he won't be in Rodgers' plans at Celtic.

Hopefully we'll try and keeps Stokes but I'd imagine he won't be short of offers after that performance.

Sell Cummings to get Stokes & Henderson and I'll be well chuffed.

staunchhibby
24-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Sam was part of the official party and he was at Cameron House on the Friday and can be seen celebrating in the dressing room afterwards.:thumbsup::gwa: