24-05-2016, 12:37 PM
In talks with Aberdeen

HTD1875
24-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Noooo

DarrenSQH
24-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Surely he wont go.

No ambition if he only wants to play in round 1 of europe and not round 2.....

hibee_nation
24-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Looks like he is off then, pity we will miss him.

Steve88
24-05-2016, 12:42 PM
I hope the lad stays but Hibs really should get their finger out and get his contract sorted seeing as it expires soon.

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Gutted.

scoopyboy
24-05-2016, 12:44 PM
In talks with Aberdeen

Oh no he's not.:greengrin

HibbyScott
24-05-2016, 12:45 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-hanlon-wants-to-finish-his-career-with-hibs-1-4134731

Hopefully this wasn't just paper talk! Would love for Paul to sign a new long term deal and get us promoted!

easty
24-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Looks like he is off then, pity we will miss him.

Not really. If Aberdeen want him, then it makes sense for his agent, or whoever, to make it public. Means Hibs will now have to offer a good deal to stay, to compete with Aberdeens offer, a good deal that he deserves anyway.

Brightside
24-05-2016, 12:46 PM
Has held talks. Thats was already known. He also has further talks with Hibs.

Aberdeen aren't the only team waiting to take him if the Hibs deal doesn't improve.

HibeeLR
24-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Cmon Hibs, give this legend a new deal, whatever it takes!!

KeithTheHibby
24-05-2016, 12:50 PM
I think he will sign a new deal with us.

hibee_nation
24-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Not really. If Aberdeen want him, then it makes sense for his agent, or whoever, to make it public. Means Hibs will now have to offer a good deal to stay, to compete with Aberdeens offer, a good deal that he deserves anyway.

Hope we get him sorted with a good deal he deserves

nellio
24-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Hope we offer him a new deal.

Do we know that he wants to stay though? Might not want another season down in the championship?

high bee
I will drive him there myself.

Once he sees how dull and depressing Aberdeen is he will be straight back to ER.

Jones28
Surely to **** we can offer a good enough deal to attract him to stay, we just lifted the Scottish cup ffs :flag:

Kojock
24-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Spoke to him on Sunday and he said he wasn't going to Aberdeen but was none committal about his ER future

jacomo
24-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Obviously hoping Paul will choose to stay with us.

Hibs are in a better place financially than we were on Saturday morning. But, thinking about next season, more supporters = bigger budget for the playing squad.

I don't live in Scotland and get back to Edinburgh only 2-3 times a year these days, so buying a season ticket is something I can't really justify. But I will certainly be doing what I can to support the club.

scoopyboy
24-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Hope we offer him a new deal.

Do we know that he wants to stay though? Might not want another season down in the championship?

We have offered him a new deal but it is poor.

100% he wants to stay.

He would play in the Championship no problem if Hibs can move.

Michael
24-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Come on Hibs, give him what he wants! He's a legend!

BroxburnHibee
24-05-2016, 01:06 PM
Best way we can keep players is get the season tickets bought!!!!

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 01:08 PM
I heard if Hibs make suitable offer, he signs. He's going nowhere until Hibs talks are dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
24-05-2016, 01:15 PM
I heard if Hibs make suitable offer, he signs. He's going nowhere until Hibs talks are dead.

In a nutshell.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 01:19 PM

I presume he's not asking for anything ridiculous? He's certainly consistently among the top 4 or 5 performers at the club, any offer should reflect that.

scoopyboy
24-05-2016, 01:22 PM
I presume he's not asking for anything ridiculous? He's certainly consistently among the top 4 or 5 performers at the club, any offer should reflect that.

Without being 100% I think we would stay easy if he was offered the same as what he's on now.

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Without being 100% I think we would stay easy if he was offered the same as what he's on now.

So we're offering a cup winner a new contract on less than his current one?? :confused: :confused:

That's piss poor if true.

scoopyboy
24-05-2016, 01:30 PM
So we're offering a cup winner a new contract on less than his current one?? :confused: :confused:

A correct interpretation of what I'm saying.

People shouldn't think he's being greedy, he's not.

AndyB_70
24-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Season ticket sales keeps players at Easter Road otherwise we can't afford him.

nellio
24-05-2016, 01:35 PM

100% he wants to stay.

In that case I hope the club digs deep and gives him what he deserves.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2016, 01:35 PM
If we can get better players in then fine......he does cost us a few goals over the season

nellio
24-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Absolutely no chance we will be able to attract a central defender as good as or better than Paul whilst we are down here.

Although I do admit we managed to get McGregor who has been very good but I suspect he signed because he's a hibs fan himself.

Disc O'Dave
24-05-2016, 01:39 PM

Presumably the offer was made before he became a cup winner, and was based on a likely drop in income due to a third season in the championship, the lack of parachute payment, and of course the slew of comments on here, pre-cup win, about folk not renewing season tickets after being "let down by the team once again"

Presumably the altered financial outlook would allow us to review that offer. Presumably we should await the outcome of that negotiation before accusing the club of doing anything that's "piss poor"? no?

Brightside
24-05-2016, 01:39 PM
If we can get better players in then fine......he does cost us a few goals over the season

away and boil yer heid man.

HibeesLittleHel
24-05-2016, 01:40 PM

THIS :aok:

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2016, 01:44 PM
away and boil yer heid man.

Lol.....hooked

Brightside
24-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Lol.....hooked

:na na::na na:

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Presumably the offer was made before he became a cup winner, and was based on a likely drop in income due to a third season in the championship, the lack of parachute payment, and of course the slew of comments on here, pre-cup win, about folk not renewing season tickets after being "let down by the team once again"

Presumably the altered financial outlook would allow us to review that offer. Presumably we should await the outcome of that negotiation before accusing the club of doing anything that's "piss poor"? no?

As long as that offer is reviewed upwardly and sharpish, then perhaps.

If the current offer on the table isn't off it and a better one of the table by the end of the week at the latest then a) he'll probably be an Aberdeen player and b) it would be piss poor of the club.

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 01:57 PM

Agree. He doesn't want crazy money - he wants a fair deal. I believe (I may be wrong) we offered him a cut deal at the end of the season and he turned it down. New talks underway with Hibs though.

biotech
24-05-2016, 02:02 PM
That's the problem with having a cup winning team. People want your players.

Hope he stays, but will not be the last to be temped over the closed season.

SJM
24-05-2016, 02:29 PM
No talks with Aberdeen says Medals (you know Scottish Cup winner) MacKay :greengrin:greengrin

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/hibs-defender-paul-hanlon-not-in-talks-with-dons-says-agent/

corby hibee
24-05-2016, 02:53 PM
He wants to stay but think deserves a better deal, need to be sorted asap, heard a few huns saying he wants to sign for them :rolleyes:

Iggy Pope
24-05-2016, 02:57 PM
He wants to stay but think deserves a better deal, need to be sorted asap, heard a few huns saying he wants to sign for them :rolleyes:

Doubt he would be back at his old boy's house anytime after that mind....

Super_JMcGinn
24-05-2016, 03:19 PM

Hibs will offer him a decent deal, if not he'll move on with everyones best wishes.

Given the goals we conceded this year from crosses, a big defender like Rob Jones in please :greengrin

ancient hibee
24-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Wow a made up story in Scottish media.I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic took him.He's certainly no worse than anything they've got in the middle of their defence.

bookert
24-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Hibs will offer him a decent deal, if not he'll move on with everyones best wishes.

Given the goals we conceded this year from crosses, a big defender like Rob Jones in please :greengrin

Wondered how long it would take here is what a big ball winning centre half thinks of Hanlon.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/james-mcpake-scots-caps-will-come-paul-hanlon-s-way-at-hibs-1-4026891

heretoday
24-05-2016, 04:25 PM

Hear Hear! It wouldn't break my heart to see Hanlon go.

Lago
24-05-2016, 04:32 PM
But what is happening is the reality of a 3rd season in the 2nd tier of Scottish football

KWJ
24-05-2016, 05:03 PM
It's a very important contract for him that I'd expect to take him through his peak.

Understandable that he'd want to make sure he's offered a fair amount. Hopefully the Scottish Cup win allows us to provide him with that but if not I don't think any Hibs fan could begrudge him a move to Aberdeen or better.

Iceman1875
24-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Paul Hanlon is a must for next season. what would he cost per week, £1500? £72k in wages a year is worth a player of his ability IMO

At Easter Road we play...

SJM
24-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Wow a made up story in Scottish media.I wouldn't be surprised if Celtic took him.He's certainly no worse than anything they've got in the middle of their defence.

Celtic? No danger. They don't bring in a manager at £2.5m per year to make the champions league to sign Paul Hanlon or a free. Would like him to stay but Celtic chat is mental.

Nicho87
24-05-2016, 06:57 PM
Would hate to see him join any other scottish club or rangers. Sign him up

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 06:58 PM

You'd hate to see him leave though, eh?:wink:

Iggy Pope
24-05-2016, 07:07 PM

Better player for Hibs than Rob Jones ever was. The facts can't be re-written.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 07:09 PM

Incredible.

inglisavhibs
24-05-2016, 07:10 PM
agreed

inglisavhibs
24-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Incredible.
It's not incredible. We have less season ticket sales, no parachute payment, and no TV coverage for our league.We were on TV many times this season and also had two fantastic cup runs which can't be guaranteed next season. We can't pay money we don't have and what we need is a surge in season tickets for next season. It's up to us to back the club after the best day in our football lives.

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 07:16 PM
It's not incredible. We have less season ticket sales, no parachute payment, and no TV coverage for our league.We were on TV many times this season and also had two fantastic cup runs which can't be guaranteed next season. We can't pay money we don't have and what we need is a surge in season tickets for next season. It's up to us to back the club after the best day in our football lives.

we'll be on bt sport plenty next year :wink:

Sergey
24-05-2016, 07:27 PM
we'll be on bt sport plenty next year :wink:

Are you sure, Sean? I don't think there's a TV agreement in place.

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 07:27 PM
As long as that offer is reviewed upwardly and sharpish, then perhaps.

If the current offer on the table isn't off it and a better one of the table by the end of the week at the latest then a) he'll probably be an Aberdeen player and b) it would be piss poor of the club.I can hardly take your comments seriously. you were one of the main protagonists calling for a group of Hibs fans being banned for abusing a disabled man, were you not? :wink: Naw, the deal cannot be done yet, lots of talk to be done still, imho.

Mr White
24-05-2016, 07:29 PM

There is for the europa league :greengrin

matty_f
24-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Get a season ticket. Sign up to HSL. But shares. Do whatever it takes. If we want Hanlon we need to give the club a wee hand here.

monktonharp
He wants to stay but think deserves a better deal, need to be sorted asap, heard a few huns saying he wants to sign for them :rolleyes:those people, and their comments are irrelative in the modern world. may have a few clusters in your home town, clinging to the old ways.

J-C
There is for the europa league :greengrin

And all the cup games, well most of them.

Stantons Angel

for gawds sake the laddie has just helped win us the cup!

lets keep negativity away for the closed season at least!

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 07:36 PM

Well our European adventure will most certainly be documented on BT :greengrin

Saturday Boy
24-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Well our European adventure will most certainly be documented on BT :greengrin

Can't be 100% sure, but I don't think they showed ICT, St Johnstone or Aberdeen in this season's Europa League.

Jim44
24-05-2016, 07:42 PM

100% he wants to stay.

This is the cost of our dire failure in the league this season. Scottish Cup was brilliant, but bread and butter league performance was always going to shape our future.

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Can't be 100% sure, but I don't think they showed ICT, St Johnstone or Aberdeen in this season's Europa League.

they didn't reach the group stage :wink:

Criswell
24-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Can't really blame him for wanting a move. He's been at ER all his career, probably on a fairly basic wage so I imagine he's looking for a move to the English Championship at least to boost his earnings and seek new challenges. I would be amazed if he went to Aberdeen. If he does go he can leave with the knowledge that he has attained the status of "Legend" after Saturday.

The_Sauz
24-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Get a season ticket. Sign up to HSL. But shares. Do whatever it takes. If we want Hanlon we need to give the club a wee hand here.
WTF..When did you become the HSL PR Guru on .net:grr: Ozzy....get him telt!

:na na:

The_Sauz
24-05-2016, 09:41 PM
No TV will be a blessing! Just think all the games will be on a Saturday, and if that happens, more will come through gates :agree:

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2016, 12:54 AM
No TV will be a blessing! Just think all the games will be on a Saturday, and if that happens, more will come through gates :agree:If we make the Europa league groups (we won't) then we'll have 6 Sunday games...

superfurryhibby
25-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Hanlon must stay. C'mon Hibs, get it sorted!

Tom Hart RIP
25-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Aberdeen paper says Paul's agent Gary McKay says there have been no talks between him and Aberdeen