PDA

View Full Version : "Prolonged and severe provocation"

Caversham Green
24-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Does five minutes of dancing about celebrating your team's dramatic victory constitute more "severe and prolonged provocation" than two hours of bigoted insults and vile songs about our manager's medical history? While pondering this it struck me that I hadn't heard a single chant or song that was simply in support of Ranger (no not one, no not one). Plenty rubbish about irrelevant religious allegiances but nothing actually supporting the team.

While most of the time their support was drowned out by the excellent Hibs fans (brilliant show again BTW) I would have expected to occasionally hear a chant about the team itself, but nothing, not a sausage. Nor did I hear a single Hibs song that was about anything other than the club.

So well done to everyone for the remarkable restraint shown throughout the game - even the few who let themselves down afterwards. I've never been prouder to be a Hibby.

jacomo
24-05-2016, 12:22 PM
It's another part of the lie perpetrated by The Rangers.

It will unravel. The very idea that a club could seek to justify their fans running onto the pitch for a fight is just unbelievable.

It's the kind of thing an abuser would say in court to justify beating his wife.

Killiehibbie
24-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Did we throw missiles and injure any of them during the game?

erin go bragh
24-05-2016, 12:30 PM

Henderson pinged in a couple of missiles that done severe damage ;)

GGTTH 2016 SC WINNERS

Killiehibbie
24-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Henderson pinged in a couple of missiles that done severe damage ;)

GGTTH 2016 SC WINNERS
He certainly did:flag:

stoneyburn hibs
24-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Yes, Stokes fired first with a ground missile, then an Exocet which damaged their pride. The Captain then follow followed that up with another Exocet to damage their pride beyond repair and sent the Blue nose army into retreat.

Andy74
24-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Does five minutes of dancing about celebrating your team's dramatic victory constitute more "severe and prolonged provocation" than two hours of bigoted insults and vile songs about our manager's medical history? While pondering this it struck me that I hadn't heard a single chant or song that was simply in support of Ranger (no not one, no not one). Plenty rubbish about irrelevant religious allegiances but nothing actually supporting the team.

While most of the time their support was drowned out by the excellent Hibs fans (brilliant show again BTW) I would have expected to occasionally hear a chant about the team itself, but nothing, not a sausage. Nor did I hear a single Hibs song that was about anything other than the club.

So well done to everyone for the remarkable restraint shown throughout the game - even the few who let themselves down afterwards. I've never been prouder to be a Hibby.

I think the Ramgers fans that came on the pitch did so almost immediately so I don't get the general point.

Pete
24-05-2016, 12:44 PM
There was provocation and it can't be easy seeing your players being surrounded or jostled.

However, it's no excuse for vigilantism and it won't stand up in court. The Rangers statement is trying to excuse and justify violence and it's clear they have written it with no advice being sought first. Maybe they are that arrogant they don't think they need it and that they set their own parameters.

Jim44
24-05-2016, 12:58 PM
According to FF, Foderingham has tweeted that action must be taken against us. Traynor, while he is generally despised by the Sevco fans, has been endorsed, in view of his brilliant inflamatory statement, by them to be their spokesman. They are also calling on all wives, girlfriends and players families to document the events of Saturday to back up their version of events.

Caversham Green
24-05-2016, 01:05 PM
I think the Ramgers fans that came on the pitch did so almost immediately so I don't get the general point.

According to the Rangers statement they only came on after "severe and prolonged provocation". Are we to believe you or Jim Traynor?

No need to answer that.

Pete
24-05-2016, 01:07 PM
According to FF, Foderingham has tweeted that action must be taken against us. Traynor, while he is generally despised by the Sevco fans, has been endorsed, in view of his brilliant inflamatory statement, by them to be their spokesman. They are also calling on all wives, girlfriends and players families to document the events of Saturday to back up their version of events.

The Wags can say what they want but unless there is evidence it will probably mean nothing. Nothing to the police investigation anyway.

As for their goalie, he'll do well to shut it. He can ask for individuals to be prosecuted but on what basis does he want the club punished? Thickos lashing out like toddlers. GTF.

Jones28
24-05-2016, 01:09 PM
The Wings Over Scotland article posted the other day clearly shows Rangers fans entering the field of play after the players had cleared the pitch. If they we're running on like the ****ing saviours Traynor et al are making them out to be why wasn't it as soon as they saw Hibs fans surrounding their players?

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 01:14 PM
The Wags can say what they want but unless there is evidence it will probably mean nothing. Nothing to the police investigation anyway.

As for their goalie, he'll do well to shut it. He can ask for individuals to be prosecuted but on what basis does he want the club punished? Thickos lashing out like toddlers. GTF.

To be fair, the actual quote is:

"As for the disgraceful scenes after the game I for one think action must be taken! No player should have to evade attack on the pitch"

He's right and anyone who actually did attack or attempt to attack a player on the pitch will be prosecuted.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 01:16 PM

... and strangely, rather than rushing across to aid their beleagured players, stopped and started paggering with the nearest Hibbies. :rolleyes:

Sprouleflyer
24-05-2016, 01:44 PM
... and strangely, rather than rushing across to aid their beleagured players, stopped and started paggering with the nearest Hibbies. :rolleyes:

Who were no where near any Rangers players.

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Prolonged and severe provocation is still not an excuse for violence.

GreenLake
24-05-2016, 02:02 PM
After kick off their first song was rule Britannia which is ironic since any decent British citizens would consider the minority of their fans as inflamed hemorrhoids on the sphincter of our nation.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Who were no where near any Rangers players.

Exactly. :agree:

Skåne Hibs
24-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Rangers are just terrified that their fans will implicated as hooligans running onto the pitch because they were sore about losing.
No one should be attacking players or running to the opposition end to start trouble, but for them to paint their fans as white knights only coming onto the pitch to defend the Rangers squad from being attacked is laughable.

They've seen a chance to deflect the attention away from the fact their squad were beat by a team with a fraction of their budget. They think they can use their media and SFA contacts to get us thrown out of Europe and then they will replace us.

What they have failed to note is that for the Police to follow the line of Rangers fans coming on to defend players, the Police themselves would have to admit huge failings in security (and be f***ing delusional!).

Lancs Harp
24-05-2016, 02:20 PM
At the time of the invasion no one knew of players being attacked. I wasn't on the pitch but from an elevated view you couldn't see anything, Rangers fans didn't come onto the pitch to protect their players and officials we all know that was bull. The Rangers players confined themselves to the dressing room immediately after the match and didn't talk to the press and we only found out about the alleged incidents sat on the bus waiting to go home. It just doesn't stack up.

DCI Gene Hunt
24-05-2016, 02:22 PM
All a load of baws as far as I'm concerned, bitterly soor grapes down Govan way with lots of dummies being spat out. They expected to just turn up and walk out with the SC and be regarded as Heroes and Legends with the media fawning all over Sevco with fairytale headlines.

Sadly for them it was not to be, fact is they were gubbed in injury time (sore way to lose) and Hibs finally had their dream come true. It's not gone down well at all in deepest darkest Gleska, the fans are baying for blood and the "Heroes/Legends" are now having calls for scalping, the board are utterly seething at the loss of their fairytale cup win and associated income (already in financial ruins as it is), as are their media mates; the result is that The Rangers and everyone associated with them are frantically flinging schytt around in the desperate hope that some of it will stick somewhere, in order to 1) discredit the winning side; 2) recover some mightily lost face; 3) deflect the Orcish behaviour of their club and support; 4) try and gain some sort of high ground from being so fatally crestfallen; 5) use the opportunity to have a go at someone else as revenge for all the (rightful) criticism and abuse that Sevco has endured since its inception; and finally 6) to try and appease the baying hoardes of Sevco supporters who are utterly raging at their club's failure to win.

Defeat never tasted so bitter :cb

Gene

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Get ready to pick yourself up the floor after reading this. It is simply outstanding

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/tweet_me_real_good___the_first_minister_fails_the_ country_888224/index.shtml

Kato
24-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Get ready to pick yourself up the floor after reading this. It is simply outstanding

http://www.followfollow.com/news/tmnw/tweet_me_real_good___the_first_minister_fails_the_ country_888224/index.shtml

Written by someone who is permanently angry by the sounds of it.

This bit is revealing "In a time when the first twenty four hours of a news cycle are considered to be the most important as that is when you can shape the narrative and promulgate the message that you wish to be understood by your target audience, "....

....and just who was talking the most and loudest about this in the first twenty four hours?

Iggy Pope
24-05-2016, 02:32 PM

The writer has quite the vocabulary. Hardly surprising given his two heads.

SlickShoes
24-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Sounds like an official The Rangers statement.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Sounds like an official The Rangers statement.

Yes, one is tempted to ask "is that you, James Traynor?". :greengrin

Pete
24-05-2016, 02:55 PM

"As for the disgraceful scenes after the game I for one think action must be taken! No player should have to evade attack on the pitch"

He's right and anyone who actually did attack or attempt to attack a player on the pitch will be prosecuted.

Fair do's.

He should still shut it though for being a moaning hun prick.

rcarter1
24-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Prolonged and severe provocation is still not an excuse for violence.

Certainly not in court, and the Rangers fans that got involved in battles knew what they were doing and made this decision for themselves. However the group of 50-100 Hibs fans that decided it was a good idea to jump about and shout crap in front of the Rangers fans (well away from the area where they could have been shaking hands with Hibs players or the like) need their sanity checked. And if they get panned by the authorities I wont be defending them.

CraigHibee
24-05-2016, 03:15 PM
We've had to endure this for years from that ****my mob with their religious bile, smelly tramps

Jim44
24-05-2016, 04:35 PM

That is overwhelmingly mind boggling. The guy has serious mental health problems and I hope he wrote his diatribe with a blunt crayon as a pencil or pen in his crazed hands would be lethal weapons.

Lago
24-05-2016, 04:45 PM
:top marks
Certainly not in court, and the Rangers fans that got involved in battles knew what they were doing and made this decision for themselves. However the group of 50-100 Hibs fans that decided it was a good idea to jump about and shout crap in front of the Rangers fans (well away from the area where they could have been shaking hands with Hibs players or the like) need their sanity checked. And if they get panned by the authorities I wont be defending them.

Paisley Hibby
24-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Oh my! That's hilarious. Seems to have been written by Victor Meldrew after he'd swallowed a dictionary.

marinello59
24-05-2016, 05:07 PM

What an an absolute roaster. Another one that reads like a parody.

RoYO!
24-05-2016, 05:25 PM
I think the bottom line here is that no one outside of this very small fishbowl cares!!

It's not making any national news that I can see and will get a couple of footnotes here and there when the findings come out. Then it will be promptly forgotten about again.

macd123
24-05-2016, 05:27 PM

Someone correct me if I ´m wrong but looking at the live footage, the whole incident was finished 3 minutes and 30 seconds after the final whistle.

NAE NOOKIE
24-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Wow :faf:

magpie1892
24-05-2016, 06:10 PM
Yes, Stokes fired first with a ground missile, then an Exocet which damaged their pride. The Captain then follow followed that up with another Exocet to damage their pride beyond repair and sent the Blue nose army into retreat.

No, no, no. Gray deployed a nuclear device.

There were no sevco survivors.

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2016, 06:18 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1140184736041586&set=gm.1178365338842506&type=3&theater

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2016, 06:20 PM

Saturday Boy
24-05-2016, 06:25 PM

Is that the front page from tomorrow's Daily Ranger? :wink:

O'Rourke3
24-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Wow, I mean wow..... So we planned this a year ago, taking the challenge on in a final we couldn't know we would win?
There's a Dark Net anti Rangers web site where groups of fans plot and plan against them while challenging each other to outdo the last one.
Interestingly the Loyal Govaneers voted for SNP across the board recently in Glasgow so there must be a shed load of incomers from other shores determined to deliver an Independent Government....
Interestingly this tube thinks as FM she travels around 24/7 with spin doctors.....

Please confirm folks. Did we not see Nicola's second statement on Sunday morning? 36 hours would have meant Monday.

WOW! Can we get this in the vault!

brog
24-05-2016, 06:31 PM

That's an interesting comment. He's 100% correct but previously the narrative was that all the players were attacked. The big lie is falling apart. I would also add that no player. or fan should be subjected to vile & sectarian abuse coming from the terraces & being participated in by close to 100% of their supporters.

GlesgaeHibby
24-05-2016, 06:32 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1084611-Scottish-Police-Federation-say-police-response-was-quot-nothing-short-of-remarkable-quot/page1

This thread is an absolute belter...they are so thick and unable to grasp basic facts it's quite scary.

"they would have been in the Rangers end if not for the actions of a heroic few of our own."

The Rangers thugs that came onto the pitch to fight with a minority of idiots in our support weren't just looking to join in a fight, they were heroes, protecting the hordes of bigots still in the stand (most of whom were already halfway home).

Hope they die again, and this time for good.

marinello59
24-05-2016, 06:43 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1084611-Scottish-Police-Federation-say-police-response-was-quot-nothing-short-of-remarkable-quot/page1

This thread is an absolute belter...they are so thick and unable to grasp basic facts it's quite scary.

"they would have been in the Rangers end if not for the actions of a heroic few of our own."

The Rangers thugs that came onto the pitch to fight with a minority of idiots in our support weren't just looking to join in a fight, they were heroes, protecting the hordes of bigots still in the stand (most of whom were already halfway home).

Hope they die again, and this time for good.

Their own in have portrayed them as heroic vigilantes. Sevco should be hammered for that but it has only been met with media silence.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-05-2016, 06:48 PM

This is mental, I'm not a fan of Sturgeon but wow.

As to the subject of the thread, I'd probably say "prolonged and severe provocation" is a reasonable description to be honest. Some of the videos from the Huns end make a small section of our support look pretty bad. I'm not defending the Huns in any way shape or form, but we also can't stick our heads in the sand and say the Hibs support behaved perfectly.

Pete
25-05-2016, 01:43 AM

Guess how the daily record have interpreted this.

"Foderingham wants action taken AGAINT HIBS".

Surprise surprise.

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 02:02 AM
Do you think they'll take us outta Europe? I will go mental at the s f a if they do.

Pete
25-05-2016, 02:07 AM
Do you think they'll take us outta Europe? I will go mental at the s f a if they do.

Trust the 'tache. We'll be OK.

Billed a few grand for damages and a suspended fine. We're like a coiled spring should the punishment be any heavier.

It's the quiet ones you have to watch.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-05-2016, 05:37 AM
Whats happened to our friend JFK-1 since last Saturday? He was all over this board like a rash in the preceding couple of weeks.

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 06:38 AM

Agree. But let's get perspective here. The whole episode is being presented by The Rangers and the meeja as "thousands of Hibs fans rioting on the pitch at Hampden, attacking The Rangers players, staff and fans".

The truth of the matter is that a small minority indulged in reprehensible behaviour. We accept this and we support the authorities in pursuing them through the proper channels.

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Agree. But let's get perspective here. The whole episode is being presented by The Rangers and the meeja as "thousands of Hibs fans rioting on the pitch at Hampden, attacking The Rangers players, staff and fans".

The truth of the matter is that a small minority indulged in reprehensible behaviour. We accept this and we support the authorities in pursuing them through the proper channels.

Absolutely. :thumbsup: