PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Europe: The away leg

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Who would you like to get?

I'm going and getting ready to book flight when we know who our opponents are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
24-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Lille would be nice?

NYHibby
24-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Can people stop abusing the announcement tag in thread titles? It has become a trend.

CropleyWasGod
24-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Lille would be nice?

I thought so, too, but they're not in until at least the following round.

SlatefordHibby
24-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Can people stop abusing the announcement tag in thread titles? It has become a trend.

:agree:

I keep thinking the content is going to be an actual announcement but it never is.

Billy Whizz
24-05-2016, 12:04 PM

If it's some Russian state, we may struggle to get visas in time

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 12:11 PM

I use TapaTalk and I have no idea which one to click so I always just put announcement. My apologies mate.

Edit: and I've just noticed if you scroll down there is a 'no prefix' option. I'm an idiot :rofl:

My_Wife_Camille
24-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Does the order of home and away leg depend on who is seeded and who's not or does it depend on the order the draw is made?

I'll miss one of the games because I'll be on holiday and would hate to miss the away trip

LancashireHibby
24-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Llandudno please.

Peevemor
24-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Lille would be nice?

No - Lille is Lille and Nice is Nice - they're 700+ miles apart. :wink:

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Slovakia or Austria would be my choice.

Failing that either Ireland or Wales.

SJM
24-05-2016, 03:41 PM
Anywhere apart from Russia, Ukraine Isreal or Scandinavia.

Won't be seeded so someone ***** would be good too instead of a first match humping.

CB_NO3
24-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Took 13th, 14th and 15th off as a holiday at work then took 20th, 21st and 22nd as a holiday also. The week we are at home, ill cancel they holidays.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Took 13th, 14th and 15th off as a holiday at work then took 20th, 21st and 22nd as a holiday also. The week we are at home, ill cancel they holidays.

Done the same.

Missed Malmo but not missing this one.

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Won't be making it unless it's in Wales or (at a stretch) Ireland or Iceland.

Home leg - absolutely.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Does the order of home and away leg depend on who is seeded and who's not or does it depend on the order the draw is made?

I'll miss one of the games because I'll be on holiday and would hate to miss the away trip

Anyone know?

I have holiday availability on the Thursday and Friday of the first leg but if it goes with seeding then that will be the home match so no point in booking holidays for that.

If it's a case that it depends on the draw then I'll book the holidays now and see how the draw goes. If it ends up being the week of the home leg then I can just cancel the holidays.

I've always wanted to watch Hibs abroad in a European tie and haven't managed it so far.

Keith_M
24-05-2016, 06:03 PM
This must be about the fourth thread on DotNet this week labelled as an 'Announcement'.

Is this a new trend?

:greengrin

IanM
24-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Larnaca please! Was gonna book the holiday to Cyprus this week but I'll hold off a couple of weeks just in case

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Anyone know?

I have holiday availability on the Thursday and Friday of the first leg but if it goes with seeding then that will be the home match so no point in booking holidays for that.

If it's a case that it depends on the draw then I'll book the holidays now and see how the draw goes. If it ends up being the week of the home leg then I can just cancel the holidays.

I've always wanted to watch Hibs abroad in a European tie and haven't managed it so far.

Draw procedure:

• Each side in each seeding group was allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded numbers were placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded numbers in the same group positioned in another.

• A ball was taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.

• The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn played their first game at home, against the teams whose numbers match the next ball drawn.

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 06:16 PM

Draw procedure:

• Each side in each seeding group was allocated a number. Balls containing the seeded numbers were placed in one bowl, with balls for the unseeded numbers in the same group positioned in another.
• A ball was taken from each bowl and put into a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled.
• The clubs whose numbers correspond to the first ball drawn played their first game at home, against the teams whose numbers match the next ball drawn.

Sudds_1
24-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Draw procedure:

in Scotland its much more simple............

....heat the ball if The Rangers or Celtic
....make sure heated ball comes out first and that any tie avoids the other heated ball.
....repeat process for subsequent draws

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Draw procedure:

So it's random then?

inglisavhibs
24-05-2016, 06:36 PM

Any Cypriot team for me.

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 06:42 PM
So it's random then?

Whichever ball comes out first :aok:

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Whichever ball comes out first :aok:

Cheers, I'll put the holidays in tomorrow then and hope that the away leg is first. :aok:

I would love to be drawn against AEK Larnaca! :greengrin

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 06:45 PM
English not in the early rounds? Wales or Ireland would suit me. can get my son in Wales, and maybe the kids. Ireland, fine too with friends there. other than that I have not seen Estonia/Latvia etc and a Euro nation will be ok for travel, no visas?

FromTheCapital
24-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Cheers, I'll put the holidays in tomorrow then and hope that the away leg is first. :aok:

Larnaca would be fantastic!

I'd imagine it'd be quite expensive, though.

SJM
24-05-2016, 06:55 PM
It's not going to be Ireland or Wales if we are not seeded (which we won't). If I knew where to look I would post a list of qualified second round seeded sides.

HibeeLR
24-05-2016, 07:03 PM
It's not going to be Ireland or Wales if we are not seeded (which we won't). If I knew where to look I would post a list of qualified second round seeded sides.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_UEFA_Europa_League

Includes a list of every team that has qualified, we'll be facing one of the better ranked teams most likely

SJM
24-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Cheers 😍👍👍

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 07:05 PM
English not in the early rounds? Wales or Ireland would suit me. can get my son in Wales, and maybe the kids. Ireland, fine too with friends there. other than that I have not seen Estonia/Latvia etc and a Euro nation will be ok for travel, no visas?

We won't need a visa unless we get drawn against teams from Belarus, Russia, Azerbaijan or Turkey.

I don't think there's any others.

Green Man
24-05-2016, 07:08 PM
I'm hoping for Slavia Prague. Then after we beat them and get through the 3rd qualifying round I want Sparta Prague in the playoff.

OxoHibby
24-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Llandudno please.

That would work

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 07:13 PM
We won't need a visa unless we get drawn against teams from Belarus, Russia, Azerbaijan or Turkey.

I don't think there's any others.last time I went to Turkey, you just had to hand a big nasty polis man an English tenner at the airport.

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm hoping for Slavia Prague. Then after we beat them and get through the 3rd qualifying round I want Sparta Prague in the playoff.stop putting all your Pragues in one basket

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 07:18 PM
last time I went to Turkey, you just had to hand a big nasty polis man an English tenner at the airport.

You need a visa unless you're a cruise ship passenger and you arrive at a port for a tourist visit.

Frazerbob
24-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Obviously I want the draw that gives us the best chance of qualifying. As I have no idea who that is, I'd go for a country I've never visited before or a return to Tel Aviv or Minsk. Canny wait, love a Europen adventure! Pity it could be very short notice for booking.

Green Man
24-05-2016, 07:25 PM
stop putting all your Pragues in one basket

I could go for Plzen in the playoff instead, home of the original Pilsner lager :greengrin

H18 SFR
24-05-2016, 08:02 PM

Is Lacarna anywhere near the holiday resorts in Cyprus?

NYHibby
24-05-2016, 08:21 PM
last time I went to Turkey, you just had to hand a big nasty polis man an English tenner at the airport.

You need a visa unless you're a cruise ship passenger and you arrive at a port for a tourist visit.

Turkey switched from the old system where you would buy a visa stamp at the airport to an e-visa in the last year or so. I haven't used the new system, but I have heard that it is instant.

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Is Lacarna anywhere near the holiday resorts in Cyprus?

It's about 30 miles from Ayia Napa.

I'm going to Paphos in October and it's about 80 miles from there.

Glory Lurker
24-05-2016, 08:29 PM
I've been in too much of a delirious daze since Saturday to have paid attention to the dates. Not a chance of away trip for me, so will just have to go in the next round.

CB_NO3
24-05-2016, 08:48 PM
What would happen if Hearts got to round 2 and we were at home the same night? Would they move a Europa League fixture to a Wednesday?

IanM
24-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Larnaca would be fantastic!

I'd imagine it'd be quite expensive, though.

Cousin stays there and used to pay upwards of £500 for a return but since Jet2 got on board you can get for £200 these days

H18 SFR
24-05-2016, 09:38 PM
Just checked out Lacarna on jet2 holiday, family of 4 all inclusive for £1100. Please dear god let us draw Lacarna.

jgl07
24-05-2016, 09:57 PM
All this talk of Russian, Ukrainian, or French teams is way premature.

Hibs are in the Second Qualifying Round and none of the larger countries come in till the Third Qualifying Round.

Hibs really need to avoid a Swedish or Norwegian team who will be in the middle of their season when Hibs will be barely out of pre-season training.

An Irish club would suit me fine.