PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Cup

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 11:34 AM
So, anyone fancy doing a clean sweep of domestic cups and prioritising this one next season?

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 11:44 AM
So, anyone fancy doing a clean sweep of domestic cups and prioritising this one next season?

Eh, naw.

HibeeLR
24-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Promotion, that is the only focus

Wouldn't mind another Scottish cup though 😏

hibsdaft
24-05-2016, 11:48 AM
no chance. will part cringe if we win that thing.

the focus has to be the league - we should field a youth team for the challenge cup, and possibly the league cup too.

AndyM_1875
24-05-2016, 12:21 PM
no chance. will part cringe if we win that thing.

the focus has to be the league - we should field a youth team for the challenge cup, and possibly the league cup too.

League is the focus next year. First & last.
But winning cups is nice. A habit I can happily get used to.

If we get a run in this cup and end up in the Final against Houston's Failkirk fuds, you bet I want to win it.

ShinyFantastic
24-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Forget priorities. We've got a quintuple to win!

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't be prioritising it but if we won it I would't be in the least embarrassed.

makaveli1875
24-05-2016, 12:41 PM
i reckon he should use it to give the reserves and youths some game time , save the 1st team for trying to win the league , get into europa groups , defending SC

killie-hibby
24-05-2016, 03:04 PM
i reckon he should use it to give the reserves and youths some game time , save the 1st team for trying to win the league , get into europa groups , defending SC

That should be the clubs plan.

calumhibee1
24-05-2016, 03:14 PM

Getting into the Europa groups will take a miracle. Anything is possible after this weekend though.

jacomo
24-05-2016, 03:35 PM
League is the focus next year. First & last.
But winning cups is nice. A habit I can happily get used to.

If we get a run in this cup and end up in the Final against Houston's Failkirk fuds, you bet I want to win it.

Speaking of which, what happened to them? Did they enjoy their promotion party on Sunday?

Big_Franck
24-05-2016, 03:42 PM

Agreed. Hopefully this is what we'll do.

Hibernian Verse
24-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Getting into the Europa groups will take a miracle. Anything is possible after this weekend though.
If we get past the 2nd qual round (a miracle in itself) we'll face an easier tie in the 3rd. If we can get to the Playoff round that will be a huge achievement but can't see us getting to the Groups not even in my wildest dreams.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

corby hibee
24-05-2016, 04:04 PM
This cup and the league cup will be used for resting key players, don't the format change next season on the challenge cup with highland, welsh and irish teams involved?