PDA

View Full Version : Rangers/Warburton Congratulate Hibernian on Cup Win

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Amid all the demands from The Rangers for statements from Hibs and Mr Petrie (see what I did there?) have we had a statement yet from The Rangers or Warburton to congratulate Hibernian on winning the Cup?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I respectfully don't think we have.

BroxburnHibee
24-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Nope note one word.

Funny the media are not reporting that......

Treadstone
24-05-2016, 11:17 AM
I'd like Magic Hat to give his take with all due respect on the caning they took stats wise ((shots, on target, corners). You know all the offensive categories.

Waxy
24-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Cmon Rangers stop being clueless. Congratulate the Hibees.

hughio
24-05-2016, 11:24 AM
They've got too much self-esteem to be conscious of anyone else.

Also known as HUBRIS.

GIRFUY

Off the bar
24-05-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't think there has been anything released from them other than Jim Traynors swivel eyed rants. No analysis of the game no congratulations for us. Nothing. They must be in breach of contract after that as I'm sure the clubs are obliged to face the press after all games.

hfc rd
24-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Big bunch of bad losers!

jacomo
24-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Has there ever been a football club who have tried so hard to get another one into trouble?

Obviously there is all the usual 'whataboutery', but this is really something.

'No one likes us, boo hoo.' Maybe you shouldn't act like such utter pr!cks, then?

.Sean.
24-05-2016, 11:33 AM
If that prat and his scabby club tried to congratulate us I'd tell him to respectfully ram it up his erse

'Warburton's a fanny, he wears a fanny's hat...' :na na:

Simkin911
24-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Anyone know how to start a petition demanding 'congratulations' ? Loads of petitions flying around... Another won't hurt. 🤔

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 11:36 AM
I don't want a congratulations from them.

They have shown themselves up for what they are and can stick their congratulations up their erses.

MrSmith
24-05-2016, 11:37 AM
He's lost it now cos he's a twat!

Scorrie
24-05-2016, 11:38 AM

They have shown themselves up for what they are and can stick their congratulations up their erses.

Yep. That should be the official Hibs statement should congratulations be forthcoming!

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 11:39 AM
They must be in breach of contract after that as I'm sure the clubs are obliged to face the press after all games.

Too dangerous to come out of the dressing room.

MrSmith
24-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Don't want any of their rubbish nor petitions as I want to see our club start to take action against the liars out there. We need to get lawyers onto this asap.

marinello59
24-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Don't want any of their rubbish nor petitions as I want to see our club start to take action against the liars out there. We need to get lawyers onto this asap.

Our club has already played a blinder here. I fully trust Dempster, Petrie and Farmer to continue doing so in a dignified manner.
Proud to be a Hibby.

Treadstone
24-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Too dangerous to come out of the dressing room.

Ye hurting?

GreenLake
24-05-2016, 11:44 AM
I would like to congratulate Warburton on winning the Championship with one of the nicest football playing teams in his club's history. They try to play attractive attacking football and it will be well deserved when they win their first major trophy. Good job!

BroxburnHibee
24-05-2016, 11:44 AM

Neither do I but we should still show them up for what they are.

The biggest bunch of sore losers.....ever!!!!!

stoneyburn hibs
24-05-2016, 11:45 AM
They can respectfully shove any congratulations.

MrSmith
24-05-2016, 11:52 AM
Marinello59 Our club has already played a blinder here. I fully trust Dempster, Petrie and Farmer to continue doing so in a dignified manner.
Proud to be a Hibby.

Yeah I agree to an extent but we must challenge the lies being reported!

hibsbollah
24-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Anyone else looking forward to our next away game at Ibrox? Will be a bit tasty. I might leave the wee one at home for that one...

The Green Goblin
Yeah I agree to an extent but we must challenge the lies being reported!

I think that will only fuel the tit for tat stuff they are dying to get into with us.

The only thing which will matter or determine what happens next is the independent's commission's report and that is what RP and LD were thinking about when they included the phrases "widest possible terms of reference" and "without fear or favour" in their statement (imho).

Caversham Green

I was looking forward to Warburton explaining again why holding on to the ball is more important than scoring goals.

Brightside
24-05-2016, 12:10 PM
User Actions
Follow

Simon Rowntree
‏@Simon_Rowntree
I am outside Ibrox Stadium and #Rangers fans are protesting against the signing of Joey Barton. Season tickets and scarves are being burned.

JimBHibees
24-05-2016, 12:13 PM
User Actions
Follow

Simon Rowntree
‏@Simon_Rowntree
I am outside Ibrox Stadium and #Rangers fans are protesting against the signing of Joey Barton. Season tickets and scarves are being burned.

Why?

Caversham Green
24-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Why?

Because he's a Kafflick?

DH1875
24-05-2016, 12:19 PM
User Actions
Follow

Simon Rowntree
‏@Simon_Rowntree

EH???

ackeygraham
24-05-2016, 12:20 PM
What about a guard of honour?:wink:

kevo1875
24-05-2016, 12:30 PM
In fairness warburton has no been able to congratulate us cos he has been in the toilet since gray scored the winner with h ibs symptoms

overdrive
24-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Why?

Its a fake news account.

PapillonVert
24-05-2016, 12:53 PM
Why?

He tweeted his congrats to Stubbsy after THE Cup win?

PapillonVert
24-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Its a fake news account.

Ah, righto. Wondered about that.

It WAS plausible, though.

CallumLaidlaw
24-05-2016, 01:16 PM
User Actions
Follow

Simon Rowntree
‏@Simon_Rowntree

Season tickets??? :greengrin
Sure they'll be gutted to miss out on all the home games they have left this season

Treadstone
24-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Wonder how long Joeys website comment piece on getting rid of the Royal family will last.

I sense a petition.

Hibs Class
24-05-2016, 08:10 PM

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 08:49 PM
The fact that we haven't heard from him or his magic hat since Saturday night actually makes things even sweeter.

They're absolutely seething inside.

Pleasing. :aok:

Sir David Gray
24-05-2016, 08:51 PM

BroxburnHibee
24-05-2016, 09:01 PM
We didn't do the guard of honour....

.Sean.
24-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Been singing OH WARBURTON'S A FANNY all day and I'll probably still be singing it this time ten years. Despise the ignorant arrogant baldy Hun prick

RoYO!
24-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I'd be surprised if he's the the Rangers manager this time next year.

greenlex
24-05-2016, 09:17 PM
We didn't do the guard of honour....

Zactly Dave . Who gives a flying one what they'do or think about congratulating us.

w pilton hibby
24-05-2016, 09:19 PM

Warbs seems to have disappeared. All the Barton pics I've seen show him posing with Davie Weir.

ballengeich
24-05-2016, 09:26 PM
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/surprise-candidate-emerges-as-real-possibility-for-derby-county-managers-job/

No idea if this site has any credibility, but it would explain why he's not been heard from since the final and wasn't at Ibrox to welcome Barton.

CraigHibee
25-05-2016, 02:18 AM
They can stick any congratulations up their manky old hun pipes, don't want it thanks

Ozyhibby
25-05-2016, 02:36 AM
http://theceltsarehere.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/wheres-warbo-and-just-whats-going-on-at.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man Down Under
25-05-2016, 05:15 AM
It a bit of a shame he can't look past the fans behaviour, which the club can't take too much responsibility for, and see that during the 90 minutes the team and staff were involved, it was a great game of football on both sides and as the pundits were saying, a great advertisement for Scottish football.
Sure, give your 2 cents on the crowd behaviour after the game had ended (not everything you have in your pocket), but congratulate the team too, it would make him look less like a huffy child.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Biggie
25-05-2016, 05:51 AM
It a bit of a shame he can't look past the fans behaviour, which the club can't take too much responsibility for, and see that during the 90 minutes the team and staff were involved, it was a great game of football on both sides and as the pundits were saying, a great advertisement for Scottish football.
Sure, give your 2 cents on the crowd behaviour after the game had ended (not everything you have in your pocket), but congratulate the team too, it would make him look less like a huffy child.

Agree mate, but when you're a prick, you're a prick.....

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 06:29 AM

He is going to use the silly events after the game as a way to say nothing about what was truly important today. His team played well in parts and scored two good goals, but if one or two of our excellent chances had gone in it would have been a severe defeating from us. I think what will bother him the most is them getting level then taking the lead and us not folding like his cheap suit. We persevered and came back to shove him right onto the back foot before Gray delivered the hammer blow. The feeling of inevitable and fair defeat is something he had not expected and it must have been a bowel dropping experience. The pitch invasion scenes and stupid actions of a few nut jobs gave him the opportunity to live in denial and bury his baldy head in the sand.

Hibernian 3 Rangers 2. GIRUY

Caversham Green
25-05-2016, 06:44 AM
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/surprise-candidate-emerges-as-real-possibility-for-derby-county-managers-job/

No idea if this site has any credibility, but it would explain why he's not been heard from since the final and wasn't at Ibrox to welcome Barton.

That's interesting. I heard a couple of months ago that he had approached Reading after Steve Clarke was sacked but they felt he wouldn't be a good fit for the club. The comment was along the lines of 'Same reason he wasn't kept on at Brentford - there's a bit of a personality problem there'. The original source was good but it was all third hand so I didn't get much more out of the guy.

greenginger
25-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Could it be the reasoning behind the outrage at the pitch invasion , invention of player assaults , and general anger in Sevconia.

Warburton left because of the hatred shown to Rangers, fear for his life , yadi,yadi, yadi.........

Sevconians can't be allowed to think he left for Derby County because they were a better/bigger Club

Sproule Three
25-05-2016, 08:10 AM
What about a guard of honour?:wink:

They clearly don't hold that against us - their defence gave Stokesy one for 90 minutes 😂

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2016, 08:14 AM
They clearly don't hold that against us - their defence gave Stokesy one for 90 minutes 😂

😂

RoYO!
25-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Every day that passes without a comment from him is another day that he is sitting there SEETHING!

What a lovely thought...

Springbank
25-05-2016, 09:47 AM

Brilliant

It's up there with the meme that's doing the rounds

"police Scotland release image of the only man who ran riot on the Hampden pitch on Saturday"

The photo is of Stokes celebrating his opener..

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Brilliant

It's up there with the meme that's doing the rounds

"police Scotland release image of the only man who ran riot on the Hampden pitch on Saturday"

The photo is of Stokes celebrating his opener..

You got it...please?

Springbank
25-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Will try to post it here - I'm pretty rubbish at the tech side that's all

Springbank
25-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Ought to get it from this link:
https://twitter.com/LeithCitizen/status/735428396457545728?s=02

CropleyWasGod
25-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Ought to get it from this link:
https://twitter.com/LeithCitizen/status/735428396457545728?s=02

Cheers :)

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Has anyone seen the magic hat yet?

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Just sent an email to Hibs asking them to ask Alan Stubbs to check in his back pocket :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 02:26 PM
looks they've finally come out of the bunker to be able to discuss the game - http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-learn-final-defeat/

Andy.1875
25-05-2016, 02:36 PM
looks they've finally come out of the bunker to be able to discuss the game - http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/well-learn-final-defeat/

At least Davie Weir has come out and congratulated Hibs:

“It’s disappointing to get in to a winning position as well and not hold on to that, so many aspects of the game we were disappointed with but within that as well you have to give Hibs credit for winning the Cup.
“With all that has been going on this weekend sometimes that has got lost a little bit, so credit to them, they played better than us on the day and in my opinion deserved to win.”

Brightside
25-05-2016, 02:53 PM

“It’s disappointing to get in to a winning position as well and not hold on to that, so many aspects of the game we were disappointed with but within that as well you have to give Hibs credit for winning the Cup.
“With all that has been going on this weekend sometimes that has got lost a little bit, so credit to them, they played better than us on the day and in my opinion deserved to win.”

No warberton at the press conference or to welcome Barton. Strange days indeed.....Derby?

RoYO!
25-05-2016, 02:58 PM

Well said Davie Weir. Just gone up in my estimation.

hibs0666
25-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Well said Davie Weir. Just gone up in my estimation.

I'm just glad to hear he is out of hospital and that the prognosis is looking good.

Waxy
25-05-2016, 03:01 PM

Well done.

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Warburton and War Barton

greenginger
25-05-2016, 04:04 PM
JJ thinks Warby might be getting interviewed for the Derby County gig.

https://johnjamessite.com/

calumhibee1
25-05-2016, 05:52 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/reececoventry72/status/734178502170251264

just a small minority.

Smartie
25-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Fair play to Weir.

He'll have been under a lot of pressure not to say that, credit to him for doing so.

Rangers past few statements have been totally inflammatory.

Hopefully this is a sign that they are starting to de-escalate the nonsense.

pennyhibee
25-05-2016, 07:01 PM
It must be difficult to come out with a reasoned statement as a member of the rangers staff after that incredibly manic instant rant from traynor ,the official voice of the rangers . So credit to Kenny miller and davie weir. I would also expect to see traynor back working for the record next season if the rangers really want to be taken seriously.

jacomo
25-05-2016, 07:12 PM
It must be difficult to come out with a reasoned statement as a member of the rangers staff after that incredibly manic instant rant from traynor ,the official voice of the rangers . So credit to Kenny miller and davie weir. I would also expect to see traynor back working for the record next season if the rangers really want to be taken seriously.

I think his final column for the DR was a suicide note for his journalistic career. He's a ranting buffoon.

jacomo
25-05-2016, 07:13 PM

just a small minority.

Charming peepul.

Aldo
25-05-2016, 07:21 PM
At this moment in time I don't really care what they come out with next!!

Weir has salvaged some pride with this statement. But the only one who can say he is a true professional is Kenny Miller! Love him or loathe him he was the only one that can hold his head up and say that he congratulated the opposition by going into the dressing room!!

What I now find strange is that it's gone relatively quite on the spin front!

Lying must have run out of lies to spin against opposition.

I would suggest the knob who appeared in court today for assaults etc on Holt and Wallace will possibly be followed by one other potentially for the Foderingham incident!

If there are any others I would be very surprised.

Not that both were attempted to punch which suggests no injury...... No like what Chick Hun had reported!!

leither17
25-05-2016, 07:26 PM
At this moment in time I don't really care what they come out with next!!

Weir has salvaged some pride with this statement. But the only one who can say he is a true professional is Kenny Miller! Love him or loathe him he was the only one that can hold his head up and say that he congratulated the opposition by going into the dressing room!!

What I now find strange is that it's gone relatively quite on the spin front!

Lying must have run out of lies to spin against opposition.

I would suggest the knob who appeared in court today for assaults etc on Holt and Wallace will possibly be followed by one other potentially for the Foderingham incident!

If there are any others I would be very surprised.

Not that both were attempted to punch which suggests no injury...... No like what Chick Hun had reported!!

I'm sure another boy has pleads guilty to the Foderingham incident

Aldo
25-05-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm sure another boy has pleads guilty to the Foderingham incident

Good now get him banned!!

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 07:39 PM

Respect. This helps celebrate the incredible achievement of the team and separate it from the actions of few idiots. Also relieved that not everyone employed by Rangers is willing to close ranks in order to support their agenda of revenge.

Finn2015
25-05-2016, 07:43 PM
The Rangers and their fans stem from a culture that is triumphalist, gloating and provocative so it really is amazing that they can't handle it when they perceive they are being provoked

O'Rourke3
25-05-2016, 07:45 PM

just a small minority.

Very brave too, behind all the polis......

calumhibee1
25-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Very brave too, behind all the polis......

I was mainly talking about the sectarian singing. Which just makes the fact the rangers have commended there fans behaviour as ridiculous as it would be if Hibs had commended ours.

hibees 7062
25-05-2016, 09:06 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13268353_1116757711730436_5210430913065675322_o.jp g

Sammy7nil
25-05-2016, 09:12 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13268353_1116757711730436_5210430913065675322_o.jp g

DR reports Stokes punches Magic Hat man

OsloHibs
26-05-2016, 02:16 AM
Is he outta hibernation yet?

GreenLake
26-05-2016, 03:50 AM

That should be on the cover of Time magazine for Man of the Year 2016!

I like how he showed true professional restraint and ran away from the Neanderthals towards his own supporters. Warburger was just an obstacle he needed to pass on the way.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2016, 06:04 AM
Has anyone seen the magic hat yet?

Warby made it disappear. Now THATS Magic!

He'll like it - not a lot but he'll like it...

brog
28-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Hope this works, it excellent, enjoy!

https://theclumpany.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/a-wee-sing-a-long

Cosmic Truth
28-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Ye hurting?

I think he was being sarcastic. Surely?

Cosmic Truth
28-05-2016, 09:58 AM
Every day that passes without a comment from him is another day that he is sitting there SEETHING!

What a lovely thought...

The count is never out of the media, dishing out his opions on everything, or claiming someone has been disrespectful to him, or Scotland's newest club. Imagine what he'd have been like if Sevco had won, and Stubbs had done a runner?

Cosmic Truth
28-05-2016, 10:13 AM
The Rangers and their fans stem from a culture that is triumphalist, gloating and provocative so it really is amazing that they can't handle it when they perceive they are being provoked

Spot on.

They make up ludicrous excuses for the fact their supporters attack people. A steward in Bucharest waved a tricolour. They even claimed that a telly breaking down in Manchester was reason enough to go on the rampage. When their fans do riot, if it's in Glasgow, they say it must have been Celtic fans trying to make them look bad, and if they riot abroad, it was Chelsea fans who done it. Some nutter on the Cal Kaye phone in said The Green Brigade all marched up to Hampden. Like Hibs couldn't sell out their allocation to their own supporters! Ra peepul are born liars who don't feel any shame whatsoever in telling outrageous lies.

The zombies sing a wee ditty about a disaster that killed a million people, sing about child abuse at Celtic Boys Club in the 70's, and sing a wee toe tapper about Jimmy Saville, a monster who preyed on sick, and vulnerable, children for decades, but if someone calls them a hun, suddenly they become all sensitive, claim it's sectarian, and try to get whoever said it arrested, and sacked from their job.

They really are a vile club, with vile supporters.

northstandhibby
28-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Spot on.

They make up ludicrous excuses for the fact their supporters attack people. A steward in Bucharest waved a tricolour. They even claimed that a telly breaking down in Manchester was reason enough to go on the rampage. When their fans do riot, if it's in Glasgow, they say it must have been Celtic fans trying to make them look bad, and if they riot abroad, it was Chelsea fans who done it. Some nutter on the Cal Kaye phone in said The Green Brigade all marched up to Hampden. Like Hibs couldn't sell out their allocation to their own supporters! Ra peepul are born liars who don't feel any shame whatsoever in telling outrageous lies.

The zombies sing a wee ditty about a disaster that killed a million people, sing about child abuse at Celtic Boys Club in the 70's, and sing a wee toe tapper about Jimmy Saville, a monster who preyed on sick, and vulnerable, children for decades, but if someone calls them a hun, suddenly they become all sensitive, claim it's sectarian, and try to get whoever said it arrested, and sacked from their job.

They really are a vile club, with vile supporters.

Yep, Listened to the Call Kaye phone in and I think it was Caller Archie who phoned in about seeing fans in green leaving from club near parkhead and was warned about trouble ahead and what were Celtic fans doing going to the final?

Pure berk, there were lots of clubs booked by hibbies in and around Glasgow. Pure moron was Archie.

Kaye chose her on-air callers very carefully. Mostly Huns. Animals.

Glory Glory

The Falcon
28-05-2016, 10:27 AM

What a lovely thought...

Totally.

Every day that passes and the whinging like wee lassies continues unabated. That only adds value to our win for me. :greengrin

Onion
28-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Totally.

Every day that passes and the whinging like wee lassies continues unabated. That only adds value to our win for me. :greengrin

:agree: You can half understand the initial reaction as they must have been mortified to have lost in the way they did and had to blame someone. Now the dust has settled, those who know they went overboard have started to reflect and shut up. Those that continue are the usually Hun bampots, the sort that would run onto a pitch and try to ruin the opponents celebration :greengrin

DCI Gene Hunt
28-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Someone mentioned the BBC Radio Scotland Call Kaye phone-in. I often listen to this whilst on the road with work and heard a bit of the phone-in mentioned. As stated program was mostly (with only a couple of exceptions) filled with seething Sevconians throwing a tantrHun about how their team lost and the big bad Hibbies attacking the innocent Sevconians and how the big bad Hibbies should be punished. Utter rubbish and clearly orchestrated anti-Hibs propaganda dressed up as a "debate" by the impartial BBC.

Not the 1st occurrence, this radio program has form. In early April I was on a ferry from Barra and listening to the show presented by Louise White, Sevco has just got promotion, the show was utterly disgusting and was merely a thinly-veiled back slapping exercise for Sevco. Many callers calling in to complain that no one else winning the league would have a dedicated radio show, much defensive language from the presenter and The Rangers apologists (Weegie media minions). I considered lodging a complaint with the BBC but 1) BBC Scot is Weegiefied and Pro-Sevco so it would be pointless, and 2) I've got better things to do with my life.

Gene

ahibby
28-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Yes well done Davie Weir for telling like it is. I was also impressed by the players in both teams in the way they conducted themselves during the game. They were/are all a credit to the game.