PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Random acts of Hibsness (contagious)

E10 Rifle
24-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Folks, a couple of days on and I just wanted to warn you that I seem to have picked up some form of illness from Glasgow on Saturday. It seems to involve just randomly stopping, putting both in arms in the air, clenching fists and whispering "yes", "ya beauty", "we did it" etc. The reaction seems to be completely involuntary as it has happened in the street, in a supermarket, at work and at home and seems to be getting worse. Outbreaks of singing sometimes follow the physically reaction as well as inane grinning.

I say this only as I was on a Hibs.net bus through to Hampden and wondered if anyone else had come down with the same symptoms and whether it was contagious?

Newry Hibs
24-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Just the Carnival de Paris tune. In my head. All the time.

Bothar Casca
24-05-2016, 10:03 AM
I keep fist bumping anyone I see in anything remotely Hibs related.

scm70nyd1973
24-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Alert the WHO coz it has already reached NZ - additional symptom is that tear glands have deteriorated so fast that they are like 2 running taps - the slightest thing (eg like when I say "thank you thank you" to my wife when she makes me a cup of tea and I think of a line from SOL results in release of copious amounts of H20) sets the taps off - v alarming and no cure to be found

BSEJVT
24-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Worrying times

I keep singing Stokesy's on fire and grinning inanely

I have also developed a severe addiction to Hibs related sites and social media and have lost the ability to concentrate on work.

I have even learned how to search Twitter

Wife is on the phone to NHS 24 as we speak

Help!

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 10:38 AM
For some reason, I can't get the song "let's go fly a kite" out of my head. Really weird.

Geo_1875
24-05-2016, 10:41 AM
My face actually hurts from smiling so much.

leithsansiro
24-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I offered a high 5 to a guy wearing green in Tesco this morning. He returned the gesture, with a rousing "Goan the Hibees!"

Has made me smile all day

mghibs
24-05-2016, 11:27 AM
I have had .net open since Saturday, in addition to Martin Boyle's Twitter feed, and when wandering about the town have received strange looks when proclaiming 'we were there!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Permanently on .net.

Attempted to log into Betfair today with wrong username and password several times before realising I was on .net username and password autopilot.

Grinning broadly at anyone wearing green.

Spontaneous tears if reading viewing Cup Final related material.

DaveF
24-05-2016, 11:58 AM
At work but hardly working. Head is still in the clouds with smile stuck on face.

Still waiting for my congratulations from a few yams but they seem to have forgotten where I sit :-)

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 12:03 PM
At work but hardly working. Head is still in the clouds with smile stuck on face.

Still waiting for my congratulations from a few yams but they seem to have forgotten where I sit :-)

They'll still be crying a different kind of tears. They lost the biggest match of their season on Saturday.

O'Rourke3
24-05-2016, 12:16 PM

Similarly here. Still in their beds apparently. 2songs going through my head on permenant play - All the Hibees love Gray.... And, Mark's hat was broken.....

Sent via the bushes @ EM

dcm89
24-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Random outburst of the john McGinn song added with a soft shoe shuffle round the living room after two glasses of wine. Bejesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayern Bru
24-05-2016, 06:44 PM
I have watched David Gray's goal on YouTube so often that I know the commentary off by heart and when I close my eyes all I see is Gray hurtling towards the stand.

Beautiful. :greengrin

EdinMike
24-05-2016, 06:58 PM
All the songs burned into my head from the weekend have slowly turned into Blue Rose Code - Edina which brings a tear to my eye atest he best of times ! I've been looking through the world wide coverage too with a huge grin on my face all day

MyJo
24-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Im afraid something is wrong with my eyes, everytime i watch a video from saturday, or see/hear about people reactions and emotions to winning the cup i seem to develop some sort of allergic reaction that causes a lump in my throat and excessive blinking.

I have also found myself walking around Tesco this morning loudly whistling Sunshine on Leith and have spent the last hour in work humming Achey Breaky Heart.........im beyond help :greengrin

rodhibs55
24-05-2016, 07:03 PM
I have watched David Gray's goal on YouTube so often that I know the commentary off by heart and when I close my eyes all I see is Gray hurtling towards the stand.

Currently in Germany absolutely murder flight yesterday hangover from hell. But still thinking is it real. Can't wipe the smile off my face, still humming super John Mcginn in my head at a business meeting with a smile as broad as the forth. German colleagues
Just Don't Understand
GGTTH

Jx67pg-5599705920@pers.craigslist.orgust Don't Understand
GGTTH

Rosevillehibby
24-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Worrying times

I keep singing Stokesy's on fire and grinning inanely

I have also developed a severe addiction to Hibs related sites and social media and have lost the ability to concentrate on work.

I have even learned how to search Twitter

Wife is on the phone to NHS 24 as we speak

Help!

swap 'we've got McGinn, super john McGinn... for stokesy song and this is ME as well:flag::flag:

i dont want help... and i want it to last forever!!:flag:

BanjoWill
24-05-2016, 07:51 PM
The condition can also involve giggling to yourself on a regular basis. A symptom seems to be that even by Tuesday night my full voice has not returned yet.

HibbyDave
24-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Driving on M90 southbound today and drew level with a silver 06 plate van with a Hibs scarf flying from the drivers window.....I was the random driver in the white Merc keeping pace with you JUST because of the Hibs Scarf!

Cant stop smiling or watching the highlights every chance I get.

GGTTH:flag::flag::flag:

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Playing bowls last night with a green tee shirt on and of course my green bowls, when my running bowl takes a glancing contact of a shorter bowl and crashes into the head. Instantly I jump in the air proclaiming "just like the ball bulleted of Davie Gray's head into the net yaaaaaas". The jambos amongst us not amused. :-)

24-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Dunno how many strangers i hugged and high fived on saturday. When we got back from hampden, i was walking up ER just high fiving strangers who walked by and shouting yeeeees! :thumbsup:

leggeto
24-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Brilliant celebration, he just didn't know what to do but go to the fans,I particularly liked Darren McGregor using the polisman to jump up on to them

hibbydog
24-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Dunno how many strangers i hugged and high fived on saturday. When we got back from hampden, i was walking up ER just high fiving strangers who walked by and shouting yeeeees! :thumbsup:

When I'm driving through town, I find myself looking for hibbys to toot at.

Normally find a few and don't go home without shouting 'mon the Hibs' towards at least one complete stranger

Strange behaviour, but most enjoyable

TrinityHibs
24-05-2016, 09:46 PM

He's just scored again:flag::flag::flag:

HibeeMG
24-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Slightly different but I'm on a wee break with Mrs MG in the Lake District. While parking up in Kendal I interrupted our conversation to laugh hysterically at some gadge wearing a Rangers top. Window went down and started singing SOL!

Jones28
24-05-2016, 09:58 PM
All the songs burned into my head from the weekend have slowly turned into Blue Rose Code - Edina which brings a tear to my eye atest he best of times ! I've been looking through the world wide coverage too with a huge grin on my face all day

That is an excellent song

The_Sauz
24-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Just the Carnival de Paris tune. In my head. All the time.
You mean this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PX_tGWyt_g&ab_channel=BrookJones

:greengrin

matty_f
24-05-2016, 10:01 PM
I can't seem to stop posting Hibs stuff across social media.

Pretty sure if I don't stop soon I'll be unfriended by a few folk. :faf:

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-05-2016, 10:07 PM
Sat and tanned a bottle of champagne in the house tonight. On a Tuesday. We are the Hibees, we do what we want [emoji126]

The_Sauz
24-05-2016, 10:21 PM
I keep playing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3s4Boo_3E&ab_channel=LachlanHyde

Danderhall Hibs
24-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Sat and tanned a bottle of champagne in the house tonight. On a Tuesday. We are the Hibees, we do what we want [emoji126]

:hilarious :aok: