PDA

View Full Version : It's all about Europe

eastcoasthibby
24-05-2016, 08:50 AM
The whole blown out of proportion and (in many instances, as is now being presented ) false allegations about player assaults, is all about The NEW Rankgers trying to pressurise the SFA & SFL to strip us of the European place.
They have been selling the European slant to potential signings and for publicity income since they beat Celtic , with us blowing that out of the water we now see their plan B,C, D ....coming into play.
The desperation of that initial statement, Kings comments and the speed at which their attached media supporters at the BBC, SKY , national west coast press all kicked into action reflects how desperate and co-ordinated it all is.
We have gone from all the desperation to get them back into the SPL to the need now for them to be in Europe ....it is almost unbelievable how much influence they have in Scottish football and the media.
Europe means a big cash injection for them and without it now their aspirations,and spending won't be what was planned, I won't be surprised to find out in months to come that their finances are not in good shape.AGAIN !!!

24-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Were they kicked out of Europe following their Manchester rioting of 2008 where they completely torn up and trashed a town centre, fought with police, kicked and attacked a singled out police man on the ground, started fires, smashed up cars/shop windows, looted shops etc etc?

Doncaster_Hibby
24-05-2016, 09:44 AM
There does seem to be something of a media backed conspiracy to get Hibs's rightful place in Europe given over to cup final losers Glasgow Rangers.

Since90+2
24-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Absolutely zero chance of that happening. None.

As more and more videos and images are released it appears that the majority of people doing the fighting are Rangers fans.

Bill Milne
24-05-2016, 09:48 AM
I said to a mate yesterday that I suspected Sevco were campaigning to have our Europa League place awarded to them. I haven't changed my mind.

As a previous poster said, Europe would have been fundamental to their sales pitch for new recruits. Who knows, it may even jeopardise their financial position, I leave that to more financially astute posters to debate!!

marinello59
24-05-2016, 09:49 AM
There does seem to be something of a media backed conspiracy to get Hibs's rightful place in Europe given over to cup final losers Glasgow Rangers.

Our European spot won't be taken away but even if it was the rules don't allow it to go to Sevco.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:51 AM

But surely if the SFA did decide to deny Hibs a European place, the place would default to the next highest team in the SPL. Scottish Cup losers don't qualify for Europe unless the Scottish Cup winners are also the champions.

Bill Milne
24-05-2016, 09:53 AM
But surely if the SFA did decide to deny Hibs a European place, the place would default to the next highest team in the SPL. Scottish Cup losers don't qualify for Europe unless the Scottish Cup winners are also the champions.

Quite!! Someone needs to point this out to Jim Traynor and/or the Daily Hun!!

Haymaker
24-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Were they kicked out of Europe following their Manchester rioting of 2008 where they completely torn up and trashed a town centre, fought with police, kicked and attacked a singled out police man on the ground, started fires, smashed up cars/shop windows, looted shops etc etc?

That was the big bad Chelsea fans.

SunshineOnLeith
24-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Absolutely zero chance of that happening. None.

As more and more videos and images are released it appears that the majority of people doing the fighting are Rangers fans.

This.

Let them have their wee tantrum. Nobody who matters is taking them remotely seriously.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 10:08 AM
This.

Let them have their wee tantrum. Nobody who matters is taking them remotely seriously.

have Police Scotland released a picture and an appeal about corner flag guy yet?

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Eufa must be really disappointed at missing out on another chance for one of their important tournaments to be tarnished by the scenes from Manchester again. Even saves them worrying about the accounts issue now!

ballengeich
24-05-2016, 10:27 AM
As far as I know there is no football rule which allows the result of a match to be changed because of fan behaviour after the final whistle. We won the Scottish Cup and no lies output by the losers and their press lapdogs is going to change that. Our success carries a Europa League place and I don't see how that can be denied.

Regarding the cup runners up - a couple of seasons ago UEFA changed qualification rules so losers in the final no longer get a place. If a spot is available it goes to the next placed in the league, so even if there is some obscure rule which stops us entering, The Rangers can't get the vacant place.

danger1875
24-05-2016, 10:43 AM
:top marks
The whole blown out of proportion and (in many instances, as is now being presented ) false allegations about player assaults, is all about The NEW Rankgers trying to pressurise the SFA & SFL to strip us of the European place.
They have been selling the European slant to potential signings and for publicity income since they beat Celtic , with us blowing that out of the water we now see their plan B,C, D ....coming into play.
The desperation of that initial statement, Kings comments and the speed at which their attached media supporters at the BBC, SKY , national west coast press all kicked into action reflects how desperate and co-ordinated it all is.
We have gone from all the desperation to get them back into the SPL to the need now for them to be in Europe ....it is almost unbelievable how much influence they have in Scottish football and the media.
Europe means a big cash injection for them and without it now their aspirations,and spending won't be what was planned, I won't be surprised to find out in months to come that their finances are not in good shape.AGAIN !!!