PDA

View Full Version : The unassaulted

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 08:45 AM
List here those of the the rangers eleven who we can quote as saying they weren't assaulted or there's corroborated evidence they weren't.

The the rangers mouthpiece says every player.

Dean Shiels. Family say he wasn't.

Kenny Miller. Wife says he wasn't.

McD
24-05-2016, 08:47 AM
List here those of the the rangers eleven who we can quote as saying they weren't assaulted or there's corroborated evidence they weren't.

Andy Halliday. Dylan McGeouch says he wasn't, stood by him in the centre of the pitch.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:49 AM

Andy Halliday - Dylan says he was with him.

Lee Wallace - pictured walking off the pitch unscathed with no obvious injuries or distress (other than being a Scottish Cup loser)

A couple of other players that I don't know - pictured unscathed behind Stubbs in the entrance to the tunnel as Stubbs gave his post match interview facing the pitch.

24-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Oh dear is the huns myths starting to unravel already. Must try harder next time eh boys!

:giruy2:

MacBean
24-05-2016, 08:52 AM
From Lee Wallace's mother - Supplied from a close friend of his mother's
"He's fine, just shaken up, It's more me and his wife that are fuming."

Gatecrasher
24-05-2016, 08:53 AM
The only ones I have seen is the guy having a pop at Wallace and their keeper getting pushed, those guys will be dealt with by the police but it isn't anywhere near as bad as some are trying to say.

Heisenberg
24-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Danny Wilson wasn't. Seen walking off the pitch. Same with Barrie Mckay. In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.

The media have been playing up to the huns ever since they released their first statement trying to detract from the fact that we'd won the cup. It won't ****ing happen. 114 years is no more. Get it right up them.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:55 AM

The only reason he was shaken is that he was part of the team that lost the cup as Hibs won for the first time in 114 years. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 09:02 AM
So they finished with twenty one players if their meejah mouthpiece is right. Still couldn't win. Keep them coming

24-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Danny Wilson wasn't. Seen walking off the pitch. Same with Barrie Mckay. In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.

The media have been playing up to the huns ever since they released their first statement trying to detract from the fact that we'd won the cup. It won't ****ing happen. 114 years is no more. Get it right up them.

:agree:

Newry Hibs
24-05-2016, 09:05 AM
I suspect any players coming out with 'I wasn't touched' (or by their family / friends) - are in fact handing in their transfer requests.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:08 AM
So they finished with twenty one players if their meejah mouthpiece is right. Still couldn't win. Keep them coming

They didn't even have a full bench! :greengrin

PapillonVert
24-05-2016, 09:15 AM
I suspect any players coming out with 'I wasn't touched' (or by their family / friends) - are in fact handing in their transfer requests.

Or having their transfer requests handed in for them by the Propagandist in Chief.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Or having their transfer requests handed in for them by the Propagandist in Chief.
Hmmm. Where this is heading might be that someone somewhere is lying about the the rangers players.

Who is saying they are injured when they aren't? Pouring fuel on a fire seemingly without any responsibility for the outcome.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Hmmm. Where this is heading might be that someone somewhere is lying about the the rangers players.

Who is saying they are injured when they aren't? Pouring fuel on a fire seemingly without any responsibility for the outcome.

It's becoming more and more like a massive case of sour grapes. They've been bigging themselves up for weeks about how they were going to win the cup, be back in Europe, buying fantastic new players, challenging for the title next season that the defeat on Saturday became too much for them to handle. They had to try to rationalize away the loss by going into full-on denial about the unfairness of it all and how badly done by they were.

I wonder if they already had a massive invoice from Mike Ashley for all the cup winning memorabilia that they ordered! :greengrin

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 09:47 AM
In fact the only one i've actually seen physically touched was Wes Foderingham when a Hibs fan gave him a wee nudge.

The only reason he was shaken is that he was part of the team that lost the cup as Hibs won for the first time in 114 years.

Nah. Wallace was pushed fairly forcefully, and briefly squared up to the guy who did it. He had every right to feel intimidated at that point, and did well to quickly recover his composure and stroll nonchalantly off the pitch. If you've played for the the huns as long as he has you're no doubt well aware of what alcohol-fuelled fitba fans are capable of.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Nah. Wallace was pushed fairly forcefully, and briefly squared up to the guy who did it. He had every right to feel intimidated at that point, and did well to quickly recover his composure and stroll nonchalantly off the pitch. If you've played for the the huns as long as he has you're no doubt well aware of what alcohol-fuelled fitba fans are capable of.

OK, point taken. but that still doesn't square with the allegations of a black eye and severe bruising all over his body.

Moulin Yarns
24-05-2016, 09:53 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36366773

marinello59
24-05-2016, 09:56 AM

That's the footage I saw and Lee Wallace comes out of it well. The Rangers players aren't the problem here at all. Some of them must feel that their own club is using them as pawns in this propaganda game they are playing.

jacomo
24-05-2016, 10:00 AM

Even if Lee Wallace wasn't struck, threatening an opposition player in that manner is cowardly and bang out of order.

Whatever happened to him and Foderingham, it's indefensible.

I have absolutely no problem with the neds involved getting punished.

The lies and the smears from The Rangers and their pals need to be exposed though.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 10:02 AM
I agree. By posting here we will know who to actually focus on and hopefully get to identifying those wearing our colours that actually were assaulting players and dealing with them.

Nowt wrong with us doing a bit of investigation for any lazy journalists looking in.

hibsmad
24-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Please lets not try to excuse what happened to Wallace and the other player next to him (think it was Holt?). Someone swung a punch at both of them and it is inexcusable. If we are trying to defend or make light of that then it doesn't give much credibility to our other arguments.

What happened to Foderingham should also not have happened, however, and I have not paid any attention to the pitch invasions down south either this year or in previous play offs, but would they not include lots of other instances like this? I would imagine that a small push in the back accompanied by a "get it round ye" type comment would be quite typical in these instances. Not excusing it but am asking a genuine question, if we are going to accept that pitch invasions happen, as media outlets such as Sky seem to have in England, then would we not expect this?

So as far as instances involving Rangers players/staff are concerned, do we not only have one that would merit the coverage it is receiving? One ******** Hibs fan and thats it?

Ryan69
24-05-2016, 10:24 AM

Not a The Rangers player,but Keatings was...by a The Rangers official.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Please lets not try to excuse what happened to Wallace and the other player next to him (think it was Holt?). Someone swung a punch at both of them and it is inexcusable. If we are trying to defend or make light of that then it doesn't give much credibility to our other arguments.

What happened to Foderingham should also not have happened, however, and I have not paid any attention to the pitch invasions down south either this year or in previous play offs, but would they not include lots of other instances like this? I would imagine that a small push in the back accompanied by a "get it round ye" type comment would be quite typical in these instances. Not excusing it but am asking a genuine question, if we are going to accept that pitch invasions happen, as media outlets such as Sky seem to have in England, then would we not expect this?

So as far as instances involving Rangers players/staff are concerned, do we not only have one that would merit the coverage it is receiving? One ******** Hibs fan and thats it?
Agree every word. Let's do the investigative journalism and see who comes out as not assaulted. That leaves all the victims and offenders to identify.
Hopefully Hibernian will verify if Keatings was assaulted in any fashion and by whom and make sure that gets exposed to the same extent if true.

joebakerforever
24-05-2016, 10:56 AM
I would hope that the Independent Investigation being set up, to have as part of it's remit to obtain witness statements from all players from both sides, and match officials in order to ascertain the level of violence (actual & attempted assaults, spitting, verbal threats, etc.) that took place.

I heard Kenny Shiels being interviewed on Sportscene and he stated that some eejit did have a swing at Dean and missed. He also made a point of sympathising with the vast majority of Hibees who kept off the pitch and were denied the pleasure of sharing the post match on-field celebrations by their team because the selfish actions of the pitch invaders.

Pete
24-05-2016, 10:59 AM

Me neither but I'm not sure any punishments will be restricted to the law of the land.

Looking at the Rangers fan websites they are naming hibs fans who are in the photos and giving out details of where they are from. In some instances they are encouraging intimidation and even violence. This is fans who are innocent until proven guilty and in some cases they clearly do nothing or aren't even involved at all.

I hope the police are made aware and are watching closely as I don't trust these people not to exact some sort of revenge. The club they support released a statement commending and excusing the Rangers fans who were violent so I wouldn't put it past any of them.

nickwhibs
24-05-2016, 10:59 AM

Was just going to say that. Still waiting for a The Rangers official apology on that one.

MacBean
24-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Even if Lee Wallace wasn't struck, threatening an opposition player in that manner is cowardly and bang out of order.

The lies and the smears from The Rangers and their pals need to be exposed though.

Absolutely, i was just passing on the info.
The actions of the thugs who have acted in this way are in no way acceptable and i fully expect the appropriate actions will be taken against those responsible.

drumatic44
24-05-2016, 11:04 AM
It's becoming more and more like a massive case of sour grapes. They've been bigging themselves up for weeks about how they were going to win the cup, be back in Europe, buying fantastic new players, challenging for the title next season that the defeat on Saturday became too much for them to handle. They had to try to rationalize away the loss by going into full-on denial about the unfairness of it all and how badly done by they were.

I wonder if they already had a massive invoice from Mike Ashley for all the cup winning memorabilia that they ordered! :greengrin

Couldn't agree more. They probably thought that all they had to do was turn up, Stokes' opener rattled them a bit, then they equalise and took the lead, and thought that'll do us. But what they hadn't bargained for was the fact that Hibs pretty much controlled the game and fought back against .it has to be said a pretty **** defence. Bitter bitter losers !!

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Me neither but I'm not sure any punishments will be restricted to the law of the land.

Looking at the Rangers fan websites they are naming hibs fans who are in the photos and giving out details of where they are from. In some instances they are encouraging intimidation and even violence. This is fans who are innocent until proven guilty and in some cases they clearly do nothing or aren't even involved at all.

I hope the police are made aware and are watching closely as I don't trust these people not to exact some sort of revenge. The club they support released a statement commending and excusing the Rangers fans who were violent so I wouldn't put it past any of them.

But all this is officially condoned by their club. Remember their press statement - fans protecting players "as every club's fans would". Vigilante violence is being legitimized by The Rangers yet this hasn't been commented on by the meeja.

That statement on Sunday was disgraceful in its advocating anarchy and lawlessness as a legitimate response to some goading at a football match. It also named specific people including Rod Petrie and a journalist with the implication that they were legitimate targets for violence. I would expect the SFA to take action but won't hold my breath.

I hope the "Independent" Commission considers the statements released by both clubs in the wake of Saturday's game.

hughio
24-05-2016, 11:18 AM

This is what I believe is the right attitude

The New rangers Fc's hubris should be exposed.

Don't try and defend the handful of radges who wanted violence.That IS indefensible.

Carheenlea
24-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Shiels' father stated on Sportsound last night that a Hibs fan had a swing at his son, but no contact was made, and Shiels got off the pitch unscathed.

Hexham Hibee
24-05-2016, 11:36 AM
The problem as I see it is the use of the word "assault". Rangers statements refer to players being physically and verbally assaulted. This instantly is translated to all being beaten up. But in reality only a small SEEM to have been physically assaulted. But when you get Keith Jackson claiming that all 11 players were attacked immediately Rangers fans think their players were all hospitalised.
I sincerely hope the investigation clearly differentiates between the two. Evidence of verbal assault is far more difficult to prove, more difficult I would think.

pentlando
24-05-2016, 11:47 AM

I'm fairly sure I've seen a clip from earlier/later that shows a hibs fan wearing the full kit over a morphsuit type costume running around that area. I suspect it was him and not an actual player (as surely the Hibs fans would be surrounding Keatings).

Alfred E Newman
24-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Regardless of who did what , a lot of people let Hibs down badly on Saturday. If everyone had stayed in the stands like the vast majority did, and celebrated with their fellow supporters we would be basking in the glory of the day instead of having the clubs name dragged through the mud through no fault of their own.

QMU-1875
24-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Was just going to say that. Still waiting for a The Rangers official apology on that one.

Any evidence? Not heard a thing about this

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm fairly sure I've seen a clip from earlier/later that shows a hibs fan wearing the full kit over a morphsuit type costume running around that area. I suspect it was him and not an actual player (as surely the Hibs fans would be surrounding Keatings).

Yep, don't think there's a number on the back of his shirt. Still good evidence for the impartial investigation though.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Just got asked if the horse that got punched by the the rangers fan will be pressing charges. Will leave that to Scotland's finest or the SSPCA!

marinello59
24-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Just got asked if the horse that got punched by the the rangers fan will be pressing charges. Will leave that to Scotland's finest or the SSPCA!

The horse was obviously goading the Sevconian.

lord bunberry
24-05-2016, 12:01 PM
I'd like to hear from the doctor that administered the medical attention that 6 of the rangers players required. We've heard reports of players being given a right kicking and all players in the team being assaulted. If this is the case then there must be some kind of medical report available.
Some fans took things too far and should be punished according to the law of the land, not by hysterical ramblings from a media that's dancing to the tune of a glib and shameless liar.

Bostonhibby
24-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Deleted

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 12:02 PM
OK, point taken. but that still doesn't square with the allegations of a black eye and severe bruising all over his body.
That bit, as John Collins once said about similar pish coming out of the west coast media, "is just lies".

LaMotta
24-05-2016, 12:04 PM
I'd like to hear from the doctor that administered the medical attention that 6 of the rangers players required. We've heard reports of players being given a right kicking and all players in the team being assaulted. If this is the case then there must be some kind of medical report available.
Some fans took things too far and should be punished according to the law of the land, not by hysterical ramblings from a media that's dancing to the tune of a glib and shameless liar.

A wee bung to the doctor by Rangers will ensure the medical reports will be fabricated the same way they are by vets in Horse Racing when horses are pulled out of races at the last minute claiming to be injured ( but really its started raining and the ground has gone soft meaning their chances of winning go down).

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 12:06 PM
Their keeper now on twitter in last couple of hours saying players shouldnt have had to "evade" attack by fans. Assault claims getting debunked all over the place.

HOWEVER, any Hibs fans that did push or swing at Rangers players have let the club and the supporters down badly.

lord bunberry
24-05-2016, 12:07 PM
A wee bung to the doctor by Rangers will ensure the medical reports will be fabricated the same way they are by vets in Horse Racing when horses are pulled out of races at the last minute claiming to be injured ( but really its started raining and the ground has gone soft meaning their chances of winning go down).

A vet wouldn't be forced to lie in court though. It would be much harder to force a doctor and the players allegedly involved to lie under oath.
It is possible that the Rangers club doctor is actually a vet, considering some of the animals that play for them :greengrin

LaMotta
24-05-2016, 12:09 PM
A vet wouldn't be forced to lie in court though. It would be much harder to force a doctor and the players allegedly involved to lie under oath.
It is possible that the Rangers club doctor is actually a vet, considering some of the animals that play for them :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/tee%20hee%20hee.gif

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 12:17 PM

Yeah, and presumably if anyone was kicked to the body they would go to hospital for a precautionary scan against internal bleeding.

lord bunberry
24-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah, and presumably if anyone was kicked to the body they would go to hospital for a precautionary scan against internal bleeding.
You would think they would've at least got the police involved.

Jack Hackett
24-05-2016, 12:24 PM
Have any of the lynch mob meedja actually written any pieces criticising Sevco for their utterly **** performance in the game itself...or are they too busy with their Pullitzer Prize aspirations?

Glesgahibby
24-05-2016, 12:25 PM
It's quite simple,any player attacked,will be interviewed by the police.They should then be able to prove or disprove the allegations.
If I was a player who wasn't attacked,why would I risk being collard for waistline police time?
IMO these alligation by the Rangers via there media fan base will come back and bite them on the @rse!

Moulin Yarns
24-05-2016, 12:28 PM
On twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjOAIV8XAAA6tJJ.jpg

(((Fergus)))
24-05-2016, 12:33 PM
I've been scouring the internet for videos of huns being assaulted and other than that shove on the goalie I have been sorely disappointed. Under normal circumstances, the lack of hun skelpings might have taken the shine off the victory but I am not going to let it spoil this occasion.

Pete
24-05-2016, 12:37 PM
It's quite simple,any player attacked,will be interviewed by the police.They should then be able to prove or disprove the allegations.
If I was a player who wasn't attacked,why would I risk being collard for waistline police time?
IMO these alligation by the Rangers via there media fan base will come back and bite them on the @rse!

:agree:

This is where the fabrications stop and the truth will come out. The Rangers players are probably sick of the whole thing and aren't to blame in any way but there is surely camera footage somewhere of any claim they make. The claims by the hacks such as Halliday being surrounded and bummed will give way to the facts.

I also don't believe there should be any SFA investigation until the criminal one is complete. Only then can we get a real picture regarding "assaults" on their players. If it goes ahead with the presumption that they were all attacked then we might get a rougher ride than is fair.

The Leith Dutch
24-05-2016, 12:40 PM
On twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjOAIV8XAAA6tJJ.jpg

To be fair - the guy saying if he'd got on the pitch he'd have attacked the Rangers players too is actually quite funny :)

Moulin Yarns
Remember folks, the The Rangers fans are all innocent angels

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjOM3C3XAAIXR68.jpg:large

nickwhibs
Any evidence? Not heard a thing about this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Grumpybaws/status/734072577711321088