PDA

View Full Version : Our club is under attack

Spike Mandela
24-05-2016, 08:25 AM
3 days after the cup final, the Scottish media with nothing else to write about, now that it is close season, are still clearly forming an orchestrated attack on our club with on message articles obviously fed from King's PR flunkeys.

What do we do to fight back?

This won't blow over. Rangers clearly bitter and setting themselves up as 'victims' are hellbent on fighting everyone from Ashley, Green, Whyte, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, us and pretty much every other club in the country.

As long as King, the glib and shameless liar, along with his compliant media and servile football authorities are allowed to dictate the agenda Scottish football is going to be poisonous for decades to come.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Let them seeth....for we care not
0 YEARS SINCE HIBS WON THE SCOTTISH CUP

ehf
24-05-2016, 08:31 AM
3 days after the cup final, the Scottish media with nothing else to write about, now that it is close season, are still clearly forming an orchestrated attack on our club with on message articles obviously fed from King's PR flunkeys.

This won't blow over. Rangers clearly bitter and setting themselves up as 'victims' are hellbent on fighting everyone from Ashley, Green, Whyte, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, us and pretty much every other club in the country.

As long as King, the glib and shameless liar, along with his compliant media and servile football authorities are allowed to dictate the agenda Scottish football is going to be poisonous for decades to come.

Sit back and enjoy it; Sevco and their acolytes are making utter fools of themselves. They might as well be moaning about Santa Claus not bringing them the Christmas present they wanted, or the Tooth Fairy leaving them 50p instead of a pound.

Andy74
24-05-2016, 08:32 AM

Yep, The Scotsman article this morning on fans setting up a fund to pay for Rangers fans legal fees still quite happily states that Hibs fans attacked Rangers players. The general tone of the articles still suggests it was fine for Rangers fans to come on to protect them. Watch it again. The Rangers players all wander off within seconds.

QMU-1875
24-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Yep, The Scotsman article this morning on fans setting up a fund to pay for Rangers fans legal fees still quite happily states that Hibs fans attacked Rangers players. The general tone of the articles still suggests it was fine for Rangers fans to come on to protect them. Watch it again. The Rangers players all wander off within seconds.

Article not mention the sum they are raising? £1,690

Onion
24-05-2016, 08:37 AM
The SFA has already told them to shut up, which is embarrassing enough. They're simply making fools of themselves, again. Their behaviour is little different to when they were rightly "relegated" to the 3rd Div. This will blow over in a few days when they and their media pals realise that no one is listening any more, and other more important things start to make the news.

Geo_1875
24-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Don't worry mate. The SFA have already proved that Independent Commission's into industrial scale fraud don't work. Why should one looking at a minor scuffle be any different?

Velma Dinkley
24-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Complaints about any inaccurate/biased/damaging reports in the media can be made here: https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/

HibbySpurs
24-05-2016, 08:40 AM
Let them seethe....

There is evidence already out that is causing their claims to unravel....

The police and the SFA (thanks to it being no longer 100% hun dominated) will see trough their nonsense....

Hibs will be punished

AND

The Rangers will be punished also

24-05-2016, 08:43 AM
The Huns and their wee pals within the media are wanting to exaggerate and milk this in order to reflect from the game. They are hurting and bitter as ****.

This "we are victims, our fans were excellent it was all the big bad hibees etc etc" is utterly cringeworthy and laughable. Rangers of all clubs have absolutely no scope to take any sort of moral high ground. Manchester 08, sectarian songs about killing catholics every single week, nazi salutes, songs about Stubbs' cancer etc etc (the list quite literally is endless). They are an absolute shower, an embarrassment not only to football but the entire nation. Yes there were a small proportion of hibs fans who took it too far but the majority were on there out of pure ecstasy and delight with no malicious intent. Rangers fans came on for a fight (they certainly weren't on to celebrate were they!) so this pathetic party line they've got going that all the rangers fans were angels is complete nonsense.

As for these supposed mass player assaults. First it was 3 players then now apparently the whole team were attacked, despite nobody actually having witnessed most of these taking place. Kenny Millar and Dean Shiels have already come out and stated they were not touched by any hibs fans and in fact in the video footage you actually see hibs fans shaking Millars hand. McGeough as well has also came out and said him and Halliday stood together on the half way line and Halliday was absolutely fine.

The west coast media and their arse sooking to the huns is nothing new and they are lapping up these lies in order to help deflect from the real story of the day - their beloved Rangers bottled away a lead for hibs to end the 114 year Scottish Cup curse.

24-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Thankfully the truth is starting to emerge that is disproving all these wee myths their coming out with. Unlucky boys, must try harder next time :na na:

Smartie
24-05-2016, 08:44 AM
I think we keep doing as we're doing - rise above it.

We co-operate fully with any investigation, we do not condone any of the violence and if any fine come our way then we deal with it.

This is probably going to be pretty embarrassing for Rangers - they have jumped in with emotionally-charged statements made in the heat of the moment that could (an imo will) make them look daft after the enquiry has been completed.

We don't know for sure what we're defending exactly so I don't know why we should be defensive. I've certainly got no urge to defend fannies that after winning the cup chose to assault Rangers players or run up to the Rangers end and start battling their fans (if indeed any/much of that happened).

It's important that we don't get dragged down to their level, which is frankly an embarrassment. It's not nice to see the club getting panned in the press but we're best off keeping our powder dry.

franks
24-05-2016, 08:45 AM

Here here.

24-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Oh the seethe is fantastic :greengrin

If your in need of a good laugh get on twitter, they are absolutely spewing, the seethe and the sour grapes from them is absolute comedy gold. Sat yesterday on it, genuinely laughing out loud :thumbsup: I honestly thought things couldn't get much better until I saw that :greengrin

Cabbage East
24-05-2016, 08:47 AM
I genuinely don't care. Rangers are making fools of themselves.

We won the Scottish Cup.

Moulin Yarns
24-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Article not mention the sum they are raising? £1,690

Fans group Vanguard Bears are now looking to raise £1872 for those arrested or fined over their part in the disorder

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-supporters-group-launch-bid-to-fund-fans-legal-fees-1-4135831

SlickShoes
24-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Find the guy that shoved foderingham, find the guy that tried to punch wallace, ban them for life, let the police deal with it. Accept any fines for breakages on the field and that's it.

The SFA are responsible for securing their own event, they will be the main person at fault in all of this at the end of any investigation.

You can only hope that this investigation looks at Rangers fan behavior during the game as well as after they invaded the pitch for a fight.

Hibs are doing the right thing here and we should also be taking the same line as the club, let the authorities deal with it as they see fit, ignore the biased media and bask in the glory of burying that 114 year hoodoo.

Big_Franck
24-05-2016, 09:07 AM
There appears to be very little evidence of any violence on the pitch anyway. Bar a wee shove on Foderingham and a punch thrown at Wallace (who knows if any contact was made) I've not seen evidence of Hibs fans attacking their players or fans. Sevco made that claim and it's just been repeated time and again by the media with little or no evidence provided to back it up.

I have seen videos of Rangers fans attacking the Hibs fans near their end though, and I also seen one of them trying to grab a child in a Hibs top. Weirdos.

Nutmegged
24-05-2016, 09:15 AM
The truth will out, some of our fans will rightly be taken to task and held to account, what we should do is support that course of action while making sure the very same happens to those on the other side.

JimBHibees
24-05-2016, 09:17 AM
There appears to be very little evidence of any violence on the pitch anyway. Bar a wee shove on Foderingham and a punch thrown at Wallace (who knows if any contact was made) I've not seen evidence of Hibs fans attacking their players or fans. Sevco made that claim and it's just been repeated time and again by the media with little or no evidence provided to back it up.

I have seen videos of Rangers fans attacking the Hibs fans near their end though, and I also seen one of them trying to grab a child in a Hibs top. Weirdos.

Agree you can be absolutely sure Sky would have been showing wall to wall coverage of players being attacked. The fact none of this has happened would suggest a couple were probably jostled or goaded and someone probably threw a punch at Wallace. Not great but a bit of perspective required. Deal with the individuals involved and move on. Very similar to what happens at pretty much every play off game in England. Shouldn't happen however the authorities have some answers also. Saying they thought it was going to extra time doesn't cover it. The bottom line though is that the main threat of real violence was when the Rangers fans came on. The police released pictures of fans they were looking to identify it appears 6 out of the 8 shown were Rangers fans, hmm a wee bit more balance required.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 09:30 AM
If they punish Hibs they'll have to punish the Huns too but in all honesty, I'm struggling to see what the charge is going to be against either club?

Individual muppets from both sides will get hammered and rightly so.

If our club doesn't get hammered on some trumped up nonsense they are going to go absolutely mental on an unprecedented scale. :wink:

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 09:38 AM
You can only hope that this investigation looks at Rangers fan behavior during the game as well as after they invaded the pitch for a fight.
Slightly worringly the First Minister of Govan parish, on Reporting Scotland, backing an investigation, was careful to say 'of events following the final whistle'.

degenerated
24-05-2016, 09:39 AM

They look a lot less like victims in the video the mirror put out last night, doesn't exactly do us any credit but shows it wasn't a one way street

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shocking-new-hibernian-rangers-fan-8034397

marinello59
24-05-2016, 09:44 AM

The player assaults are looking more and more likely to be a case of jostling due to the sheer mass of people on the park and verbal abuse. Neither is good but the attempts to claim that multiple atrocities taking place just looks rather silly now.
The violence between Hibs fans and Sevconians did happen, I expect equal blame to be handed out there.

Moulin Yarns
24-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Slightly worringly the First Minister of Govan parish, on Reporting Scotland, backing an investigation, was careful to say 'of events following the final whistle'.

This is the SFA response. The first bold is clearly going to cover the full day and, I imagine, all the policing/stewarding.

I have no idea about the second bit though :confused:

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16322&newsCategoryID=1

Statement from Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive:

“The Scottish FA has today initiated the process of appointing an Independent Commission to investigate the circumstances of Saturday’s Scottish Cup Final disorder.

“A chairperson will be appointed in early course and the commission’s remit will be to review all operational matters relating to the event hosting of the final. It will be convened to analyse the processes and protocols undertaken in the staging of the match and I would encourage all relevant stakeholders to contribute to it.

“In the interests of transparency, the commission’s findings will also be published in full.

“In addition, the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer has also started the process of investigating potential rule breaches from a football regulatory perspective. It should be pointed out that as the cup final is now subject to a criminal investigation by Police Scotland, we will share all information gleaned so far with them.

“I have also instructed the compilation of a comprehensive report from all our internal group functions at Hampden Park to establish a full picture of the events of the weekend. The contents of this report will be made available to the commission.

“I am keen that the Scottish FA is proactive in the investigations with the police authorities and the Independent Commission. In the meantime, I would urge all parties involved in the ongoing situation to demonstrate calmness, clarity of thought and responsibility as we proceed towards a satisfactory conclusion.”

banarc7062
24-05-2016, 09:50 AM

This will show them and their puppets for what they are. They will build such a bundle of lies and distorted truths it will come back and bite them where it hurts once the new season gets under way and their poor attacked fans will show everyone exactly how sporting and mannerly they are. GGTTH

Spike Mandela
24-05-2016, 10:22 AM
This will show them and their puppets for what they are. They will build such a bundle of lies and distorted truths it will come back and bite them where it hurts once the new season gets under way and their poor attacked fans will show everyone exactly how sporting and mannerly they are. GGTTH

Sorry, I have no faith in our authorities and fully expect them to reach a conclusion based on pandering to King and his cronies.

ballengeich
24-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Sorry, I have no faith in our authorities and fully expect them to reach a conclusion based on pandering to King and his cronies.

I think in this case RP will have enough influence to ensure that an enquiry is reasonably fair. The authorities were desparate to help the Ibrox club to survive for marketing purposes, but I reckon RP and the Celtic reps will feel they've gone too far with their comments this time.

Their statements which justified violence by their supporters on the pitch as defence of the players merits a charge of bringing the game into disrepute and I hope that's one of the conclusions that will be reached.

Arch Stanton
24-05-2016, 10:50 AM

I tend to agree that the portrayal of the Ibrox club and fans as victims is maintaining substance - the ongoing assumption that Hibs' supporters are the villains is becoming fact and the mud will stick.

The lie is helped by lumping all the fans who invaded as being hooligans and thugs. Some on here seem to think that way and it is wrong.

Stokes scores - willd abandonment
Stokes scores - willd abandonment
Gray scores - willd abandonment
Final whistle - willd abandonment. The fans who couldn't contain themselves to stay in the stand were NOT FOR THE MOST PART troublemakers - just excited fans.

I am a stick-in-the-mud who would never have done such a thing but I am not going to criticise people who's reactions were normal but OTT. The people calling it 'disgraceful' should have a long think about the words that came shooting uncontrollably out of their mouths.

Yes there were trouble makers and those should be dealt with. Certainly none of the Rangers' fans who came on did so out of excitement - that WAS pure troublemaking.

I am still (as stated in other threads) in favour of a fan collection to pay for the expected 'teach them a lesson fine' with the remainder going to charity. The bigger the fine the less that goes to charity and that should help deflate some of their bubble.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-05-2016, 10:56 AM
They look a lot less like victims in the video the mirror put out last night, doesn't exactly do us any credit but shows it wasn't a one way street

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/shocking-new-hibernian-rangers-fan-8034397

Tells it's own story, they are in deep doo doo as well.

Arch Stanton
24-05-2016, 11:11 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-supporters-group-launch-bid-to-fund-fans-legal-fees-1-4135831

How on earth does this story get into the paper? It's not even the truth - the collection is not just for legal fees is also covers FINES for those fans who were ARRESTED - unbelievable.

If this story makes the paper then surely we can do a better story! Lets start collecting to cover the club being fined for fans doing nothing worse than running onto the pitch.

IF ANY OF OUR OWN FANS GET FINED FOR TROUBLE AT THE MATCH THEN THEY CAN PAY THEIR OWN FINES!

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 11:15 AM
The seethe is making the victory all the sweeter.

I am not for a second condoning violence but what is being reported, clearly orchestrated by Rangers and their agenda, amd what actually happened are 2 different things.

Bad winners, even worse losers.

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Our club does appear to be under attack as suggested by the OP.

However analysis of the nature of these attacks appears to suggest that they are in fact Kamikaze, largely hitting their own feet, mostly with self-destruction weaponry.

Tools.

tamig
24-05-2016, 11:33 AM

A great timeline analysis on Wings Over Scotland that demolishes a lot of their outlandish claims.

Swedish hibee
24-05-2016, 10:06 PM
I just down loaded the Sportsound podcast from Saturday and I am ******g raging biiiigtime with Chick Young & Richard Gordon.
Has anyone else listened to it?
Chick keeps trying to get Leanne, Stubbs, Fyvie, Stokes to talk about us fans on the pitch and every single one of them pies him. But he goes on and on and on. AND he clearly states he seen Dean Shields getting 'accosted' by hibs fans- which we know now is a lie. Surely a public apology from him is due to us for this blatent lie.

SJM
24-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Is that chick young done with the BBC after the final?

So long you Hun loving pwick I hope it really, really hurt.

sh00byd00
24-05-2016, 10:18 PM
The SFA has already told them to shut up, which is embarrassing enough. They're simply making fools of themselves, again. Their behaviour is little different to when they were rightly "relegated" to the 3rd Div. This will blow over in a few days when they and their media pals realise that no one is listening any more, and other more important things start to make the news.

They weren't relegated. They entered the lowest division as a new club. Iirc, only Gretna have been relegated down to the bottom.

HibsMax
24-05-2016, 10:20 PM
We should do nothing and just see what comes out of the investigation. One of two things will happen:
1. The investigation will uncover no credible evidence and the whole thing is dropped with everyone but Hibs left with egg on their face.
2. The investigation will uncover evidence which means the perpetrators will be brought to justice.

I don't know if any players really got assaulted or not but one thing I am sure of is this. If there was any evidence out there we would have seen it or heard about it before now. I've seen evidence of a pitch invasion (which someone reminded me on Facebook is against the law so they're all criminals - aye right), fighting (between fans) and property destruction. With the number of cameras there (including people's cell phones) you would think that something would have shown up by now. The stuff I have seen paints "Rangers" in as bad a light as us with the exception of property destruction.

MyJo
24-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Rangers are the angry child throwing a tantrum when they didnt get thier own way and the more they make a fuss and sling mud at anything and everyone to deflect the attention from thier failure the more foolish they are going to look when thier accusations and outlandish claims are completely disproved by the actual evidence.

They have already gone from thier fans showing tremendous restraint on saturday to only going on the pitch to defend thier players by sunday and my monday its already been shown that the rangers fans only entered the pitch after all the players were already heading down the tunnel.

Hibs have already condemned the actions of those who went after the rangers players and won't hold back on punishing those found to be responsible for that behaviour but im confident Petrie and Dempster won't allow any investigation or commission to ignore the fact that there was repeated and widespread sectarian singing, smoke bombs and rangers condoning the violence committed by thier fans.

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 10:28 PM

Good, plenty evidence out there of them singing Billy Boys after final whistle.

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Is that chick young done with the BBC after the final?

So long you Hun loving pwick I hope it really, really hurt.

Same Chic who went on the pitch at Wembley as a fan.

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 10:35 PM
This is rather splendid. Sign the petition asking Rangers fans to stop starting petitions!

https://www.change.org/p/change-org-stop-rangers-fans-starting-petitions

Stantons Angel
24-05-2016, 10:36 PM
I think in this case RP will have enough influence to ensure that an enquiry is reasonably fair. The authorities were desparate to help the Ibrox club to survive for marketing purposes, but I reckon RP and the Celtic reps will feel they've gone too far with their comments this time.

Their statements which justified violence by their supporters on the pitch as defence of the players merits a charge of bringing the game into disrepute and I hope that's one of the conclusions that will be reached.

The whole media frenzy tried to make out that world war 3 had started on Saturday?

The statements that were put out by Rangers are really childish and most un!!professional to say the least! it was like a bairn greeting to his mammy that someone had ran off with his ball!

Just lets keep calm and let the commission do its job. Im sure they will try to influence things but dont underestimate Petrie, he is capable of standing his ground and wont let the club be miscalled or brought into disrepute!

Hibs will be fined and warned on their fans behaviour but i dont think Rangers will ever get any credibility after their unbelievable outbursts

matty_f
24-05-2016, 10:40 PM
This is the SFA response. The first bold is clearly going to cover the full day and, I imagine, all the policing/stewarding.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16322&newsCategoryID=1

What would the football regulation rule breaches be?

Beating the Huns in a cup final?

Topographic Hibby
24-05-2016, 10:42 PM
We will have to take the rap for the pitch invasion, the damage to pitch/goals/pitchside equipment and the pushing of Foderingham and the swing at Wallace doesn't look great. The goading of their supporters isn't healthy for us either. We can use exuberance due to last-minute goal and 114 years to a point.

However, TRFC rap sheet is mounting up. The flares, the sectarian chanting, their fans entering the pitch for one reason only, namely fighting. Add in the incendiary, factually incorrect and malicious statements, they are hardly adding dignity to the whole affair. I'm no fan of Ms Sturgeon....but really...her.....??

Rod & Leanne can point to the inaccurate reporting in (S)MSM whipped-up and fed by TRFC statements and probably put up a fairly good defence of our position.

I think, we'll get a big fine, maybe a severe warning and perhaps a game or two behind closed-doors, but nothing more. It is our first offence like this, no?

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Do clubs not have strict liability though under SFA? Meaning that if the club did everything it could, it cant be held accountable. Thats how the Orcs have got away with their sectarian bile.

Actually seem to remember that Hibs released a statement a few months back asking for fans not to come on the pitch... Theres your evidence.

Danderhall Hibs
24-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Do clubs not have strict liability though under SFA? Meaning that if the club did everything it could, it cant be held accountable. Thats how the Orcs have got away with their sectarian bile.

Actually seem to remember that Hibs released a statement a few months back asking for fans not to come on the pitch... Theres your evidence.

:agree: strict liability is the cloak they hide behind.

And the SFA will have to fine themselves for not having the security up to scratch.

matty_f
24-05-2016, 11:04 PM

And the SFA will have to fine themselves for not having the security up to scratch.
They don't have strict liability, if they did then Hibs and the Rangers would have to take full responsibility for the fans' behaviour.

You're right in that it's the cloak they hide behind, but it's because we don't have it, rather than we do. (I think!)

Liberal Hibby
24-05-2016, 11:23 PM
I assume the police will identify the half a dozen or so Rangers fans in the posh seats clearly singing the Billy Boys in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1F_QPCoYA

green is good
24-05-2016, 11:30 PM
I can't see any way that Hibs can receive punishment without the zombies also being punished. Then again the SFA think Dave King is fit and proper to run a football club despite the fact he admitted being a tax dodger.

matty_f
24-05-2016, 11:39 PM
I'm never that if on calling for bans and that, but Hubs should look very carefully at who is driving what angle on the reporting of Saturday, and ban those that have hammered us.

Keith Jackson and the Record, for one. Jim Traynor next.

Mikey09
24-05-2016, 11:41 PM

This!! Been saying it since the media started slating every Hibs fan. Rangers have got away with sectarian singing in there own ground for years and have used the old "We've done everything possible to stop it" line constantly which the SFA accept. Round up the twats who were scrapping and let the courts deal with them. Hibs as a club should not be held responsible for the scenes on Saturday. But you watch Regan try his hardest so to appease the Rangers hoards.

Hibs07p
25-05-2016, 06:01 AM

To be fair I think most clubs will feel The Rangers have gone too far, but will they speak out against them?

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Danderhall Hibs
25-05-2016, 06:06 AM
They don't have strict liability, if they did then Hibs and the Rangers would have to take full responsibility for the fans' behaviour.

You're right in that it's the cloak they hide behind, but it's because we don't have it, rather than we do. (I think!)

I think you're right.

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 06:08 AM

This.

If the game had been at ER or Ibrox, the respective clubs would have been responsible for the security arrangements. It wasn't - it was at a neutral venue and neither club is responsible for the security failures that allowed fans onto the pitch.

Not only the SFA, but the security firm and Police Scotland should account fully for their actions on the day. After all, I'm sure they were charging a pretty penny for their services!

theonlywayisup
25-05-2016, 06:24 AM
I'm never that if on calling for bans and that, but Hubs should look very carefully at who is driving what angle on the reporting of Saturday, and ban those that have hammered us.

Keith Jackson and the Record, for one. Jim Traynor next.

:hmmm: is matty_f an undercover Yam?

Argylehibby
25-05-2016, 06:27 AM

Contact the press /tv complaints commission citing instances where the reporting has been biased and inaccurate. They will look at it and I'd expect from a neutral position. BBC Scotland on Monday night being an example where the quote was Hibs fans attack rangers players and fans. Complaint with links to Hibs fans being attacked would demonstrate the bias in the report. I think the press / tv then have to report that they have been found guilty so they can't hide.

(((Fergus)))
25-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Just set them to "mute" and forget about it. No one cares outside their goldfish bowl.

blackpoolhibs
25-05-2016, 06:36 AM
The seethe is making the victory all the sweeter.

I am not for a second condoning violence but what is being reported, clearly orchestrated by Rangers and their agenda, amd what actually happened are 2 different things.

Bad winners, even worse losers.

EX****INACTLY, The Rangers will now forever be remembered as the club that failed to keep the hoodoo going.

We broke the hoodoo against The Rangers.:top marks

matty_f
25-05-2016, 06:45 AM
:hmmm: is matty_f an undercover Yam?

I'll ban you an' aw! :faf:

GreenLake
25-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Find the guy that shoved foderingham, find the guy that tried to punch wallace, ban them for life, let the police deal with it. Accept any fines for breakages on the field and that's it.

The SFA are responsible for securing their own event, they will be the main person at fault in all of this at the end of any investigation.

Hibs are doing the right thing here and we should also be taking the same line as the club, let the authorities deal with it as they see fit, ignore the biased media and bask in the glory of burying that 114 year hoodoo.

Spot on. We don't like our offenders and will want them sorted.

None of that happened before Hibs tanned them 3.2 to win the cup. End of.

mjhibby
25-05-2016, 06:52 AM
As its the close season and most football people will be on their hols there is no chance of anything happening till well into the start of next season. Talk of sanctions involving Europe are utter Horlivka because if they were daft enough the next time the bigot bros create mayhem they will be hammered even more. Likely outcome is a fine for hibs and a smaller fine for rangers.

magpie1892
25-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Sun this morning describing hun statement #2 as a 'lengthy tirade'.

Tide is turning.

matty_f
25-05-2016, 07:41 AM

Tide is turning.

Good.

I hope someone makes the point that if the Rangers want to hold Hibs responsible then they should be responsible for the sectarian songs and violent behaviour of their own fans.

greenpaper55
25-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Apologies as the article is from the daily ranger http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/#yY8zyp4IDJQKQlkx.97

Police Scotland balls it up again.

Jones28
25-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Apologies as the article is from the daily ranger http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/#yY8zyp4IDJQKQlkx.97

Clearly in a cup final one teams supporters are going to leave the stadium a lot faster than the others, so why have such a heavy police presence outside?

One Day Soon
25-05-2016, 08:26 AM

Please don't post links to the Daily Ranger. Every time someone clicks on their website it brings them revenue.

After this utterly disgraceful episode in biased and deliberate reputation trashing we should be doing everything we can individually and collectively to have absolutely nothing to do with that disgraceful rag.

And any and every time Keith Jackson is on any kind of phone in or the like we should be contacting it to challenge him about his blatant propagandising on behalf of The Rangers.

I would Love Hibernian to ban the Daily Ranger from Easter Road. We have nothing to lose from that. Their reporting on us is as irrelevant as it is negligible and if they aren't bending over for The Rangers they are doing it for the other half of the Ugly Sisters.

One Day Soon
25-05-2016, 08:29 AM

Tide is turning.

Magpie, you're in the journalism business are you not? What do you make of Jackson and the Daily Ranger's position in all this? More pertinently, is there anything at all that a football writer and/or a red top tabloid care about enough to respond to? Or is their sales base so firmly in the Ugly Sisters that nothing we say or do matters?

Jim44
25-05-2016, 09:04 AM

Sorry to keep raising this particular point but it's one of the few eye-witness accounts available, but I listened to Gordon Waddell on BBC radio describing how he stood and watched Hibs supporters giving two Sevco players and a Sevco official a serious kicking. This statement probably hasn't or will not be followed up, neither is there any reference to these anonymous Sevco players' serious injuries. Waddell's eye-witness account among other embellished accounts added dubious fuel to the fire and helped to paint the bigger picture, which Sevco and their supporters in the media are trying to convey as Hibs guilt and Sevco innocence. I hope Waddell will be approached in this Independant Enquiry to offer more detail about the act he witnessed.

weecounty hibby
25-05-2016, 09:14 AM
Sorry to keep raising this particular point but it's one of the few eye-witness accounts available, but I listened to Gordon Waddell on BBC radio describing how he stood and watched Hibs supporters giving two Sevco players and a Sevco official a serious kicking. This statement probably hasn't or will not be followed up, neither is there any reference to these anonymous Sevco players' serious injuries. Waddell's eye-witness account among other embellished accounts added dubious fuel to the fire and helped to paint the bigger picture, which Sevco and their supporters in the media are trying to convey as Hibs guilt and Sevco innocence. I hope Waddell will be approached in this Independant Enquiry to offer more detail about the act he witnessed.
As I have said in another thread, Waddle, Young, Jackson and all of the others who have made these claims including officials from the Rangers MUST be interviewed by Police Scotland. If, as is looking likely, that there is no evidence to support their claims then Hibernian should be looking to the press complaints commission in the case of the "journalists" and red top rags and the SFA/SPFL in the case of der hun to punish these appalling lies aimed at our club and fans.
Anyone, Hibs fan or rangers fan found guilty of disorder should be rightly dealt with by the courts and punished severely.

greenpaper55
25-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Please don't post links to the Daily Ranger. Every time someone clicks on their website it brings them revenue.

After this utterly disgraceful episode in biased and deliberate reputation trashing we should be doing everything we can individually and collectively to have absolutely nothing to do with that disgraceful rag.

And any and every time Keith Jackson is on any kind of phone in or the like we should be contacting it to challenge him about his blatant propagandising on behalf of The Rangers.

I would Love Hibernian to ban the Daily Ranger from Easter Road. We have nothing to lose from that. Their reporting on us is as irrelevant as it is negligible and if they aren't bending over for The Rangers they are doing it for the other half of the Ugly Sisters.

I posted the link as it was favourable to our club, i will read what i want !

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 09:21 AM

I asked on another thread why Waddell, a supposedly experienced journalist, didn't get out his smartphone and record these assaults. Surely his reporters instinct would have compelled him to do so, as it would have been quite a sensational scoop for him?

weecounty hibby
25-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I asked on another thread why Waddell, a supposedly experienced journalist, didn't get out his smartphone and record these assaults. Surely his reporters instinct would have compelled him to do so, as it would have been quite a sensational scoop for him?

Because most of what he said was fabricated lies. Another one who takes the Hun pound and spins whatever he is told to.

SJM
25-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Surely as part of the police Scotland investigation Waddell and Young will be interviewed and possibly asked to give whiteness statements in court? If not seriousl questions have to be raised as to why these lies are allowed to be told.

One Day Soon
25-05-2016, 09:26 AM
I posted the link as it was favourable to our club, i will read what i want !

I understand why you posted and that it is your choice what you read. I'm simply pointing out that anybody buying the rag or clicking on their website is giving them more revenue to print stories trashing the reputation of our club.

The Green Goblin
25-05-2016, 10:13 AM

Second bit to me suggests pitch invasion, singing, flares, segregation, fighting etc. and anything else which would be an issue at any normal football match during the season.

Ryan69
25-05-2016, 10:23 AM
There's a strong rumour going round that the reason there wasn't too many stewards is because they were sent to Ibrox to await the trophy parade over there.

Would explain the lack of security if true!

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 11:03 AM
As I have said in another thread, Waddle, Young, Jackson and all of the others who have made these claims including officials from the Rangers MUST be interviewed by Police Scotland. If, as is looking likely, that there is no evidence to support their claims then Hibernian should be looking to the press complaints commission in the case of the "journalists" and red top rags and the SFA/SPFL in the case of der hun to punish these appalling lies aimed at our club and fans.

This is exactly what I have a problem with. Lies from the press- they should be punished as much as the fans.

Hibzbollah
25-05-2016, 11:49 AM
On Saturday the Daily Ranger reported and has kept on repeating that every Rangers player was assaulted. Kenny Miller's wife tweeted that he wasn't touched. Dean Shiels also made a similar statement. The fabrication then changed to every Rangers player was assaulted or spat at! (more difficult to verify). Today we have this from the Rangers goalie in the Herald ""As for the disgraceful scenes after the game I for one think action must be taken! No player should have to evade attack on the pitch."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14512691.Rangers__Wes_Foderingham_calls_for_action _after_Scottish_Cup_Final_disorder/

Now the position has changed yet again. Of course "no player should have to evade attack on the pitch." However, this is distinctly different from the original fabrication from "The Rangers Statement" and their loyal mouthpieces in the media.

What we do know is this. Hibs fans invaded the pitch to celebrate a momentous occasion. Someone took a fresh air punch at the Rangers Captain - Wallace - completely unacceptable. Someone else shoved the Rangers goalie - difficult to know if this was an assault or a mistake. One of the Rangers officials tried or did kick one of our supporters/players who is celebrating during the melee.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Grumpybaws/status/734072577711321088

The Huns invaded the pitch to attack Hibs fans.

I'm looking forward to the investigation and the findings which will no doubt punish Hibs for any damage to goal posts and the turf, while a growing number of Huns will likely get nicked.

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Fifteen people arrested or reported following Scottish Cup final disorder - Police Scotland

Posted at
13:19

An inquiry team at Govan is reviewing CCTV footage and other video and pictures of the pitch invasion that followed Hibs 3-2 defeat of Rangers on Saturday.

Officers are trying to identify people involved in the disorder and other criminal behaviour at Hampden Park.

Det Supt Kenny Graham, who is leading the investigation, said: "I am sure that there are people who witnessed or have captured incidents on their mobiles and it's vital that we speak to them so we can view any material that could help us."

He asked witnesses to send footage or images to ScottishCupFinalPitchInvasion@Scotland.pnn.police. uk

He added: "I understand that people may be reluctant to come forward but I want to reassure you that my focus is tracking down those involved in criminal behaviour."​

Get those mobile images and videos into the police guys

magpie1892
25-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Magpie, you're in the journalism business are you not? What do you make of Jackson and the Daily Ranger's position in all this? More pertinently, is there anything at all that a football writer and/or a red top tabloid care about enough to respond to? Or is their sales base so firmly in the Ugly Sisters that nothing we say or do matters?

I am. What do I make of it? Same as everyone else really - Jackson has fabricated a story. He did so for two reasons; one, he's hun s(um, two, it's good for sales of a fading title.

There are three ways of evening things up a little. One, write to the editor to complain, and instruct that you will never pick up or click through their publication/website.
Two, make good on your promise.
Three - and if someone hasn't already done so, they should, and pronto - make a formal complaint to IPSO. The more the merrier.

I'd have done the latter but my vocation kind of disbars me from doing so.

Someone should lead the way, get it up on here and the Bounce, and encourage others to follow suit.

There's also got to be some people on here with PR experience so a number of complaints about made-up stories would probably make the papers, especially now that the Ibrox narrative is slowly unravelling.

Like I said, for the Sun to use the word 'tirade' about the lunacy of statement #2 is actually quite significant - and will certainly have stung both Sevco and the Record.

Surprised at the Scotsman's editorial line, until I remember that they are down to 21,000 a day now and will do anything to try and remain relevant.

So in summary, I'd recommend a formal and reasoned complaint to IPSO.

steakbake
25-05-2016, 12:35 PM
There's a strong rumour going round that the reason there wasn't too many stewards is because they were sent to Ibrox to await the trophy parade over there.

Would explain the lack of security if true!

I thought it was odd that when the winner went in, the line of cops that filed out after each goal were nowhere to be seen. I'm pretty sure had there been a police line, the pitch invasion wouldn't have happened. What was then odd is that they mustered a line of cops to sweep the field from the The Rangers end. Seems to me they planned on either the basis of i) a The Rangers win or that b) any trouble would likely come from that end. Or as you say, they'd been posted somewhere else.

Plenty of games in the final 2-3 minutes, a cordon goes around the pitch. Even a category A type league game. Where were they?

Don't get me wrong - I loved the more celebratory bit of the pitch invasion, but there are serious questions here for the organisation of cops and stewards.

So, 'wide ranging' and 'without fear or favour' is the right approach to figure it all out.

wills
25-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Don't know if this is relevant but have Sevco paid the £250,000 fine due to the Sfa? Was just wondering if there where additional sanctions attached to this fine, e.g any misdemeanours would result in additional fines/penalties or is it just a case of that they can't afford anymore fines

brog
25-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Keep raising the point Jim, I somehow doubt Waddell will be prepared to commit perjury to back up his fiction.

MyJo
25-05-2016, 05:00 PM
If we do get any sort of fine or punishment as a club for the actions of our fans in a neutral venue then that is precedence for a football club being held responsible for the behaviour and actions of thier fans regardless of location or liability.

That precedence would then surely mean that any time a flare or smoke bomb is let off or a sectarian song is sung by Rangers fans anywhere in Scotland then The zombie Huns will be copping similar disciplinary action and fines even if they have done "all they possibly could to prevent it".

I'm finding it rather amusing that the greetin faced Huns are demanding punishments be dished out by the SFA and UEFA when thier club continually insist they cannot be punished for the sectarian singing etc because they are not responsible for the fans behaviour. If we do get punished that will come back to bite them on the arse in a big way

nairn hibee
25-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Complaints about any inaccurate/biased/damaging reports in the media can be made here: https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/
i emailed a complaint to the bbc ,after the monday night news ,probably a waste of time.

Keith_M
25-05-2016, 05:19 PM
What was the name of the guy from The Guardian that criticised the behaviour of the Scottish Media during Rangers Downfall?

It might be worthwhile for somebody to get in touch with him and let him know what's going on up here.

The reporting in the media just now is ridiculous, particularly the Record and Herald, but The Scotsman is hardly covering itself in glory right now either.

90 minutes of sectarian singing, along with acts of intimidation and violence are being totally swept under the carpet. The pitch invasion by fans of The Rangers is either never mentioned or painted as completely understandable due to acts of provocation, and not as it actually was, an attempt by 2-300 Rangers Fans to assault celebrating Hibs Fans.

Photos of a clearly adult Rangers supporter kicking a green and white clad child lying on the ground were labelled in the Record as 'Fans scrapping on the pitch'.

There is even a possible attempted abduction of a child wearing a Hibs Scarf going completely unreported, when surely it is by far the most serious act of the whole day.

The Scottish Media are a total disgrace!!!!!

northstandhibby
25-05-2016, 05:32 PM

Totally agree with this.

They are no longer relevant to the vast majority of Hibbies. They have alienated themselves from virtually all fans of other clubs except for the Huns. No longer pretends to be unbiased.

Hibernian - Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

1987kev
25-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Daily record reporting the boy been charged with attempting to punch Wallace and holt and other boy charged with comforting the goalie.

bingo70
25-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Daily record reporting the boy been charged with attempting to punch Wallace and holt and other boy charged with comforting the goalie.

Good stuff. Hope they throw the book at them.

I also hope that they are now able to show no other players were assaulted. (3 attempted assaults is terrible but it's not quite the 11 they spoke about at the start of the week)

Vini1875
25-05-2016, 05:52 PM
IF Hibs are to be fined then the huns should also be fined. Someone ought to tell them, if its wrong to have fans on the pitch then there are no excuses.

Onion
25-05-2016, 05:55 PM

He looked like he needed some consoling :greengrin

fiolex1
25-05-2016, 05:59 PM
We should ensure that no Daily Record journalists are welcome at our stadium, terrible journalism which has stirred up hatred between the two clubs supporters

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 06:10 PM

I am sending an email. Hope others will too.

kevo1875
25-05-2016, 06:11 PM
The person who wrote the Rangers statement saying Rangers fans went on the park to protect their players and officials AS ANY CLUBS SUPPORTORS WOULD should be asked to explain his condoning of violence and the club fined accordingly for giving a green light to the idiots they have amongst them...he is saying if someone gives u the get it up u then u are free to run on park and kick them in the head As Any Clubs Supporters would...CLOWN

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I assume the police will identify the half a dozen or so Rangers fans in the posh seats clearly singing the Billy Boys in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1F_QPCoYA
I see they allow smoking in Hampden :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
25-05-2016, 06:25 PM
Tells it's own story, they are in deep doo doo as well.

Looks to me like all the "hard" men on bothsides were happy to take cheap shots and liberties when fans were not looking but as soon as anyone squared up to one another everyone backed down :rolleyes: hard men right enough

25-05-2016, 06:33 PM
We should ensure that no Daily Record journalists are welcome at our stadium, terrible journalism which has stirred up hatred between the two clubs supporters

Absolutely agree 100%. This hun rag should never be allowed Easter Road. Their pandering to the huns and their **** stirring around the Scott Alan saga and just about anything hibs the last 2 season in particular is a disgrace.

**** the huns and **** their sniveling wee pals in the media.

Lago
25-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Hibs will be hammered I don't think there is any doubt that they are going to be used as an example of what the punishment for a club whose fans 'misbehave' will be.
However having set the standard, the football authorities will find it difficult to hide, when one of the OF does anything similar.

Renfrew_Hibby
25-05-2016, 06:54 PM
I see they allow smoking in Hampden :rolleyes:

Why are so many gets fans right baldy slapheeds?

The_Sauz
25-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Hibs will be hammered I don't think there is any doubt that they are going to be used as an example of what the punishment for a club whose fans 'misbehave' will be.
However having set the standard, the football authorities will find it difficult to hide, when one of the OF does anything similar.
I agree with you on this, but looking back over the years, how many times have other clubs been "set as an example", when to OF(mostly The Rangers) get away with it all the time!

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 07:01 PM

NO they won't, they get away with singing these songs every week, why would anything change now?

MrSmith
25-05-2016, 07:03 PM
The SFA set the precedence with The Rangers and previous versions of the dead club, we must ensure they cannot deviate from their set precedence.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 07:04 PM

Why will Hibs get hammered Lago ? Check the cup rules and you'll see if clubs take every reasonable step to prevent supporter bad behaviour then that's the 'get out' !

It was an SFA event, organised, planned and put on by the National football body - it was the SFA's responsibility to ensure order.

The 'hammering' may indeed come from damage costs - but let's be clear, the SFA will be absolutely bricking it knowing their rules state it's their responsibility to ensure order - S28 (2) and (3)

25-05-2016, 07:04 PM
"our fans only came on the pitch to save our players from hibs fans" absolute bollocks. They were on there out of anger at the result and wanted to take on hibs fans.

Bare in mind this is the rangers who also came out with the utterly laughable statement last year saying "we weren't singing fenian blood, we were singing up to our knees in EBTs" even though it was clear as day over the mics that they sang fenians.

Liars of the highest order,.

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 07:10 PM
i emailed a complaint to the bbc ,after the monday night news ,probably a waste of time.

It's not. And well done you. We should be challenging what are in effect largely lies.

25-05-2016, 07:12 PM
"we are proud of our fans for showing great restraint under huge provacation" :rolleyes:

Aye right enough, poor little old rangers :rolleyes: Of course this was just to "protect the players" eh . . . .

Crab apple
25-05-2016, 07:14 PM

I agree. And will do so too. The ****** needs to apologise for what are in effect lies. The entire Rangers team were battered, spat at and threatened was the version originally reported and not since retracted. There has been a witch hunt against Hibs fans but nothing about the violence meted out by the Sevco orcs against Hibs fans who were largely celebrating. Why no coverage outing the child snatcher?

northstandhibby
25-05-2016, 07:15 PM
"our fans only came on the pitch to save our players from hibs fans" absolute bollocks. They were on there out of anger at the result and wanted to take on hibs fans.

Bare in mind this is the rangers who also came out with the utterly laughable statement last year saying "we weren't singing fenian blood, we were singing up to our knees in EBTs" even though it was clear as day over the mics that they sang fenians.

Sevco should be hammered more than Hibs. Their so-called fans came onto the pitch for a pitch-battle when the Hibbies came on to celebrate. They get away with their stone-age sectarian filth every time they play in a big match. When is anyone in authority going to put a stop to it! Sevco should be made to play behind closed doors every time it happens. A total disgrace.

Hibernian The Scottish Cup Winners 2016

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Why will Hibs get hammered Lago ? Check the cup rules and you'll see if clubs take every reasonable step to prevent supporter bad behaviour then that's the 'get out' !

It was an SFA event, organised, planned and put on by the National football body - it was the SFA's responsibility to ensure order.

The 'hammering' may indeed come from damage costs - but let's be clear, the SFA will be absolutely bricking it knowing their rules state it's their responsibility to ensure order - S28 (2) and (3)

This will be an interesting part of the fall out. From a selfish point of view, Im hoping Hibs avoid liability on this - while at the same time firmly dealing with individuals that assaulted anyone (in the wide sense of the word).

SlickShoes
25-05-2016, 07:18 PM
This is a fairly decent summary of what happened again, no sure if it's been posted yet:

https://medium.com/@Scarlet_Lady10/its-class-stupid-6e28cc0f74b4#.usn74sogi

The media instantly whipped up a storm and turned this in to more than it was, then the zombies entered the fray so they called it a riot. Not sure any of them have ever seen a riot if they think this was one.

We still have "journalists" that claim to have seen hibs fans giving rangers players and officials a "violent kick in" but there appears to be zero evidence of these events.

25-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Sevco should be hammered more than Hibs. Their so-called fans came onto the pitch for a pitch-battle when the Hibbies came on to celebrate. They get away with their stone-age sectarian filth every time they play in a big match. When is anyone in authority going to put a stop to it! Sevco should be made to play behind closed doors every time it happens. A total disgrace.

Hibernian The Scottish Cup Winners 2016

No just big matches, EVERY match! For christ sake they were filmed singing that bile at youths games and third division games against East Stirling etc. Vile to the core.

They managed to get in one last loud and proud rendition of the Billy Boys before they left hampden on saturday.

northstandhibby
25-05-2016, 07:22 PM
No just big matches, EVERY match! For christ sake they were filmed singing that bile at youths games and third division games against East Stirling etc. Vile to the core.

They managed to get in one last loud and proud rendition of the Billy Boys before they left hampden on saturday.

I totally agree with you. it's only mentioned though when it's heard on the telly at big matches. They are a total disgrace at every match.

Glory Glory

Lago
25-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Your right in everything you say, but and it's a big but, 'they' are desperate to apportion blame and not to accept responsibility, they being the SFA, the Police, the Stewards and The Rangers, so who is to be the fall guy Hibs, watch this space.

QMU-1875
25-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Anyone any idea why Stuart Regan mentioned the compliance officer in his statement?

degenerated
25-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Why are so many gets fans right baldy slapheeds?

perhaps that they in a state of perpetual rage that causes their hair to fall out, or the chemicals from the eddie large perms has taken its toll

Sammy7nil
25-05-2016, 07:56 PM

I can honestly say I never heard it is simply a noise and I hhave no interest whatsoever in what they sing.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Anyone any idea why Stuart Regan mentioned the compliance officer in his statement?

I'd imagine on-field to examine if players from both sides reacted or encouraged it - also what took place (if anything) in the tunnel.

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Your right in everything you say, but and it's a big but, 'they' are desperate to apportion blame and not to accept responsibility, they being the SFA, the Police, the Stewards and The Rangers, so who is to be the fall guy Hibs, watch this space.

I agree, and Hibs fans were to blame - we cannot absolve ourselves from the fact a portion of those running on caused aggro. The Rangers fans however came on to fight - not to protect - and proportionality is key here. I goaded my Hearts mate on Saturday yet he never launched across the table to fight me.

If it's a transparent report, and if investigated fully, we'll see how many The Rangers players were assaulted and where exactly on the pitch.

I'm hoping as I said earlier that Andy Walker, Chick Young and Gordon Waddell, given their strong condemnation of events and that they're all in print and media saying they witnessed 'kickings' and assaults, that they follow through on their very strong moral codes and give police witness statements - if they haven't I question both their moral and ethical codes because they should be the first to assist any police enquiry given their public condemnation.

Lago
25-05-2016, 08:10 PM
I agree, and Hibs fans were to blame - we cannot absolve ourselves from the fact a portion of those running on caused aggro. The Rangers fans however came on to fight - not to protect - and proportionality is key here. I goaded my Hearts mate on Saturday yet he never launched across the table to fight me.

If it's a transparent report, and if investigated fully, we'll see how many The Rangers players were assaulted and where exactly on the pitch.

I'm hoping as I said earlier that Andy Walker, Chick Young and Gordon Waddell, given their strong condemnation of events and that they're all in print and media saying they witnessed 'kickings' and assaults, that they follow through on their very strong moral codes and give police witness statements - if they haven't I question both their moral and ethical codes because they should be the first to assist any police enquiry given their public condemnation.
Be prepared to do a lot moral & ethical code questioning. :agree:

truehibernian
25-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Be prepared to do a lot moral & ethical code questioning. :agree:

Oh I am Lago - I think some Hibs fans let us all down at the weekend and some deserve all that they get. But those in the media, who have loud 'voices' should be prepared to assist police if so horrified.

For many in the media to compare it to 1980 is just hysterical.

Lago
25-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Oh I am Lago - I think some Hibs fans let us all down at the weekend and some deserve all that they get. But those in the media, who have loud 'voices' should be prepared to assist police if so horrified.

For many in the media to compare it to 1980 is just hysterical.
Yip Gordon Smith on STV trying to justify the 1980 comparison, when challenged he backtracked at speed & waffled.
Anyway I am still waiting to see the guy with the corner flag in court, wonder how long I'll wait.

OsloHibs
25-05-2016, 08:36 PM
For years chick young has gone on about being at Wembley when the goals were brought down by Scotland fans, he wears it like a badge of honour.
I couldn't print on here what I think of this lying little man.

northstandhibby
25-05-2016, 08:43 PM
For years chick young has gone on about being at Wembley when the goals were brought down by Scotland fans, he wears it like a badge of honour.
I couldn't print on here what I think of this lying little man.

Yip, he stated on the radio he was closer to the rangers end than he was the hibs end therefore he would have clearly spotted the hundred or so huns coming onto the pitch for a battle. Not once did i hear him condemn the hun thugs.

Also when it was mentioned to him by another commentator he himself had invaded wembley in 77 he stated 'that was different, we were invited on by the english'. That was a blatant lie. At no time in 77 did any english invite the scots on to rip down the goalposts or rip up the turf.

Chic Young is a lying little so and so who clearly jumped on the hun bandwagon of lies and deceit.

Hibernian The Scottish Cup Winners 2016 :greengrin

andyf5
25-05-2016, 08:44 PM

Excellent. Some of the stuff I read in the papers was so false and prefaced by "it is believed" or "unconfirmed reports". Some of these journalists should be charged with being "engaged in behaviour likely to incite public disorder" like the hibs supporter that confronted the Rangers goalie.

tonyhib7
25-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Was part of there attack on Hibs a smoke screen (excuses the pun)to deflect the issues of their fans using flares and the usual sectarian singing which would heard around the world?

Argylehibby
25-05-2016, 09:12 PM

How does any one individual know what hundreds of people were thinking when they are climbing perimeter wall and heading to the pitch

Topographic Hibby
25-05-2016, 09:20 PM

Was reading the match programme last night, which is strange, as after most Hibs finals they normally get thrown in the big box of Hibs stuff, never to be read again.....

Around pp75, there is an interview with the SFA Security Officer, Peter McLaughlin. At the foot of the page it states the "unacceptable conduct" code etc.

I have real difficulty in reading legal-ese doublespeak like this, but doesn't the 2ndSevco statement cross the lines with regard to "using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct"

The compliance guy must be pouring over these statements with his rule book. Didn't Regan ask everyone to "calm down, calm down" but without the tache and shellsuit.

itslegaltender
26-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Halliday clearly can be seen walking without protection towards the tunnel after thanking Rangers fans in the South stand. So, where was this protection the papes have claimed he needed from the referees and linesman?

Despite the mayhem in this video, no Hibs fan was approaching him either.

https://youtu.be/sHTsddR2T7w?t=77

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Was part of there attack on Hibs a smoke screen (excuses the pun)to deflect the issues of their fans using flares and the usual sectarian singing which would heard around the world?

No, their attack on Hibs is entirely for the consumption of their own support. Even Huns aren't thick enough to think anyone cares about this outside Scotland.

If they didn't have the pitch invasion to bleat on about they'd have to talk about how ***** their team is and there would be enormous pressure on King & co to pony up for some new players. Without significant spending, they are most likely looking at a season of ending up 3rd or 4th in the league and miles behind Celtc.

The Hun rage will be off the scale. :wink:

BoomtownHibees
27-05-2016, 10:19 AM
the papes

Oops 😂