PDA

View Full Version : Looking back

24-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Looking back on the cup run and thinking - could it really be any sweeter?!

Darren McGreagor and Malonga scoring magnificent goals up in Raith

Hearts 2-0 up at tynecastle with 10 minutes to go, their scaffy fans singing "since 1902, stubbsy, cheer up Alan Stubbs, big team big cup etc etc" thinking it was all over and they'd put us out

The last minute equaliser then taking them back to a packed Easter Road to finish them off

Taking ICT to a reply (meaning we've had to play 2 extra games in this competition)

The unlikely hero emerging in Conrad Logan in the semi Final and the drama of penalties

Then the ultimate - early goal then coming from behind to beat the huns with a last minute winner

Fair to say we broke the curse in the best way possible, knocking out our two most hated rivals in the process :thumbsup:

Once again can we all just take a moment to remember again that hearts were TWO NIL UP AT HOME WITH 10 MINUTES TO GO :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::giruy2::giruy2::giruy2:: giruy2:

Green&White
24-05-2016, 08:17 AM
HEARTS'D IT!! :faf::faf::faf:

24-05-2016, 08:21 AM
HEARTS'D IT!! :faf::faf::faf:

Imagine the biggest bottle job of the season coming from them and then we actually go on to win the cup :thumbsup: I could not have scripted it better myself.

WEE TEAM, BIG CUP!
BIG TEAM ****ED UP!

hibsdaft
24-05-2016, 08:51 AM
in a way the ICT away game was the most remarkable of the lot. i don't think many had much hope going into that game. we've always had such an appalling record up there anyway, and this was 3 days after the most brutal cup final suckerpunch agony. we'd lost our 3 previous league games against poor opposition and we were at a real low.

massive respect to every hibby who made it up for that one.

makes you wonder, maybe if that league cup final had actually gone to extra time the additional 30 mins would have been too much for the players for the ICT game?

as a side note wasn't that the first game Periscope got used?

Mr White
24-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Imagine the biggest bottle job of the season coming from them and then we actually go on to win the cup :thumbsup: I could not have scripted it better myself.

WEE TEAM, BIG CUP!
BIG TEAM ****ED UP!

:hilarious

24-05-2016, 08:59 AM
in a way the ICT away game was the most remarkable of the lot. i don't think many had much hope going into that game. we've always had such an appalling record up there anyway, and this was 3 days after the most brutal cup final suckerpunch agony. we'd lost our 3 previous league games against poor opposition and we were at a real low.

makes you wonder, maybe if that league cup final had actually gone to extra time the additional 30 mins would have been too much for the players for the ICT game?

Your right, the game at ICT was a much needed lift after the heartbreak of the cup final 3 days previously.

hfc rd
24-05-2016, 09:19 AM
I can't think of any better successful cup run in this tournament. We entered the tournament as a championship side. Best Raith Rovers in the first stage who had a very good campaign finishing in the play-offs, 3 premiership sides (one of them being the present cup holders at the time and the other 2 who had won the cup within the last 6 years) and then going into the final as the underdogs against The rangers and well the rest is just history.

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Was there something about the last few teams to put out Raith went on to win the cup?

cabbageandribs1875
24-05-2016, 09:28 AM
to be fair i think many of us have already thanked hertz for their assistance in winning the SC, but it's only fair we make up a wee song that will last for many years to come, no harm in reminding them now and then:wink: ...they really did jambottle it

24-05-2016, 09:29 AM
Was there something about the last few teams to put out Raith went on to win the cup?

Aye, the last 4 teams to put Raith out have gone onto win it lol

24-05-2016, 09:31 AM
to be fair i think many of us have already thanked hertz for their assistance in winning the SC, but it's only fair we make up a wee song that will last for many years to come, no harm in reminding them now and then:wink: ...they really did jambottle it

2 nil and you ****ed it up, went on to lift the cup!

hfc rd
24-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Instead of two nil up and youse f***** it up:

"Two nil up in the Scottish Cup"
"Youse thought you'd won but youse f***** it up"

Repeat over and over

littleplum
24-05-2016, 09:41 AM

I think it's worth remembering this video's place in our historic run. Perhaps they'll include it as an extra on the DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPq5labjCQ