PDA

View Full Version : Mcgeough comments

ruthven_raiders
24-05-2016, 06:00 AM
....'I'm good friends with Andy Halliday and I stood beside him on the half line. There were a few fans running about and he was standing with the referee. I stood beside him to make sure nobody did anything.'

Bit of perspective.....the biased rangers media should take note

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 06:02 AM
....'I'm good friends with Andy Halliday and I stood beside him on the half line. There were a few fans running about and he was standing with the referee. I stood beside him to make sure nobody did anything.'

Bit of perspective.....the biased rangers media should take note

So another The Rangers player that wasn't kicked, punched and spat upon?

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2016, 06:08 AM
So another Rangers that wasn't kicked, punched and spat upon?

Ah but was Dylan there with him the whole time, was there a window of opportunity when someone could have slapped him...

Aldo
24-05-2016, 06:19 AM
So it reported that up to 6 Rangers players required hospital treatment and Halliday was one of them.

Caspers been at it again??? Holes are starting to appear!!

No no no Jackson reported all 11. Whoosh!!

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 06:31 AM
So it reported that up to 6 Rangers players required hospital treatment and Halliday was one of them.

There are pictures of The Rangers players clearly WALKING off the pitch. If they were under threat of lynching, surely they would have been running?

And there were police all around the perimeter - if they were witnessing mass assaults, surely they would have intervened?

Jim44
24-05-2016, 06:36 AM
I wonder which three received the severe kicking witnessed by Gordon Waddell?

Sioux
24-05-2016, 06:53 AM
The lies, the damned lies and the Rangers story. When was the last time the wagons circled in such unison?

Scotland's shame.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Where did McGeoch say this? Has anyone got a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 07:16 AM

I wonder where the evidence is of three people receiving "severe kickings" in front of dozens of TV cameras, thousands of smartphones, etc.

You can be sure that the meeja has been trawling through hundreds of hours of recordings since the weekend from hundreds of angles looking for sensational footage. Police Scotland will have done the same, including their own security footage.

Jim44
24-05-2016, 07:20 AM
I wonder where the evidence is of three people receiving "severe kickings" in front of dozens of TV cameras, thousands of smartphones, etc.

You can be sure that the meeja has been trawling through hundreds of hours of recordings since the weekend from hundreds of angles looking for sensational footage. Police Scotland will have done the same, including their own security footage.

They can also check out which hospitals the seriously injured players were admitted to.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Direly Rancid operates on a very limited vocabulary so they won't have this one, but there's a single, simple word to describe the terrible violence perpetrated on the The Rangers players on Saturday.

Jostled.

Galahibby
24-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't believe for one second that all this happened and not one Sky or BBC camera, or mobile phone, captured it. Surely someone would've got at least a couple of them?

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 07:31 AM
I don't believe for one second that all this happened and not one Sky or BBC camera, or mobile phone, captured it. Surely someone would've got at least a couple of them?

And surely you would also have footage of other The Rangers players going to their teammates rescue. Instead there is plenty footage of several The Rangers players WALKING not running off the pitch totally unscathed. Is that consistent with the mayhem and lynch mob that is being reported?

magpie1892
24-05-2016, 07:49 AM
They can also check out which hospitals the seriously injured players were admitted to.

...and they can also check admission notes as these are not initially part of a person's medical record, and thus available under FOI.

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 07:50 AM
All I've seen is some welt take a swing - as in 1 - at Lee Wallace, missing by a mile before being huckled away by fellow Hibs fans.

Fan on fan fighting might be a bit tastier but that's different.

Of course, nothing is worse than the Rangers fans that seem to be trying to kidnap a Hibs bairn, or at least in some other way do rather more than "jostle" him. Precious little outrage from The Marble Staircase Crew on that one rather (h)unsurprisingly.

magpie1892
24-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Of course, nothing is worse than the Rangers fans that seem to be trying to kidnap a Hibs bairn.

They were trying to 'help him to his feet'. Don't you read the papers? Jeez....

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Slowly but surely, the lie is being taken apart.

Galahibby
24-05-2016, 08:04 AM
I sat and watched the BBC coverage online last night (just checking for the third time that it wasn't a dream :wink:) and there was actually very little in the way of outrage at the time. A bit of "oh the SFA won't like this" but generally they seemed to be seeing it for what it was (perfectly summed up by Rodders IMO). A bandwagon has definitely been jumped on since the zombie statements. It's ridiculous the hold they have over the media.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2016, 08:05 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160524/91bbc528bb06756208097aeefb106b19.jpg

Found it.
So that's Halliday, Miller and Sheils all confirmed that they left the fields without incident. And people still buy the Daily Record?

PapillonVert
24-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Aye, but it's what the Ibrox Ministry of Truth and the Chief Correspondent of Pravda tell us happened that counts, donthca know! :greengrin

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:08 AM

Found it.
So that's Halliday, Miller and Sheils all confirmed that they left the fields without incident. And people still buy the Daily Record?

Plus picture of Wallace and a couple of other players walking off the pitch unscathed (the picture with Alan Stubbs being interviewed, back to the photographer).

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Aye, but it's what the Ibrox Ministry of Truth and the Chief Correspondent of Pravda tell us happened that counts, donthca know! :greengrin

George Orwell doublespeak from the Ministry of truth?

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Direly Rancid operates on a very limited vocabulary so they won't have this one, but there's a single, simple word to describe the terrible violence perpetrated on the The Rangers players on Saturday.

Jostled.

Vocabulary has to be severely limited to pander to the prejudices of the frothing mouthed, intellectually challenged Neanderthals that comprise The Rangers support in the main.

Excuse me if that is a defamation of real Neanderthals.

delaCalz
24-05-2016, 08:24 AM
There are pictures of The Rangers players clearly WALKING off the pitch. If they were under threat of lynching, surely they would have been running?

And there were police all around the perimeter - if they were witnessing mass assaults, surely they would have intervened?

Just look at this awfull attack on Kenny Miller. Oh no wait hes getting fives and camly walking off the pitch...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1eh5w52x5w7ycu/1.jpg?dl=0

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:29 AM

It also occurs to me that as a reporter GW would probably have a smartphone or other video device. Surely his reporter's instinct would have kicked in (no pun) and he would have immediately photographed/filmed these incidents as they happened?

As a reporter, he would know the value that these added to the story and how they would enhance his own professional reputation - "I am the guy that got the scoop at the cup final".

He would also be immediately contacting his editor screaming "hold the front page" (or "drop the dead donkey" even!).

Galahibby
24-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Found it.

And seeing as it was Halliday who supposedly had to pull the feral thugs off Lee Wallace, would it be fair to suggest that was bollocks too?

delaCalz
24-05-2016, 08:53 AM
And seeing as it was Halliday who supposedly had to pull the feral thugs off Lee Wallace, would it be fair to suggest that was bollocks too?

Looked fine in this pic...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjcqdv41wckj3nc/2.jpg?dl=0

McD
24-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Looked fine in this pic...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjcqdv41wckj3nc/2.jpg?dl=0

is that Barry McKay walking off there too?

oldbutdim
24-05-2016, 08:56 AM

I can't remember where that was originally reported - and can't find it now.
:confused:

Can anyone help?

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:59 AM
I can't remember where that was originally reported - and can't find it now.
:confused:

Can anyone help?

Might have been the Saturday The Rangers press statement - the one that congratulated their supporters for their "restraint" in not getting involved in a pitch invasion. Not to be confused with the Sunday The Rangers press statement - the one that congratulated their supporters for going onto the pitch to "protect" their players and staff "as any team's fans would".

delaCalz
24-05-2016, 09:00 AM
is that Barry McKay walking off there too?

Yeah i think so, in the video none of them seem alarmed or anything. Just walking off the pitch

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Yeah i think so, in the video none of them seem alarmed or anything. Just walking off the pitch

It's a point I have been making in several posts. Surely if there was a riot including assaults on players they would be making a beeline for the safety of the tunnel. Also The Rangers dugout staff in the vicinity of the entrance to the tunnel don't appear too concerned as they wait for their players to leave the pitch. If their players were being attacked by a lynch mob as has been reported, surely the officials on the sidelines would have been reacting - at the very least going to the nearest police officer to get them to intervene. Yet they're just calmly waiting.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 09:05 AM

Reporting Scotland last night had a clip where Wallace was clearly pushed, so at least one Hibs fan did make physical contact with him. Wallace squared up to him briefly (in self defence mode) and then walked away. Looked like Wallace behaved very well, on that evidence.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Reporting Scotland last night had a clip where Wallace was clearly pushed, so at least one Hibs fan did make physical contact with him. Wallace squared up to him briefly (in self defence mode) and then walked away. Looked like Wallace behaved very well, on that evidence.

Yes, but that push allegedly caused him to sustain a black eye, multiple injuries and bruising all over his body.

staunchhibby
24-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Wonder if and when the hospital reports will appear as it was said players required hosp treatment:cb:cb:cb

SeanWilson
24-05-2016, 09:14 AM
All I've seen is some welt take a swing - as in 1 - at Lee Wallace, missing by a mile before being huckled away by fellow Hibs fans.

Fan on fan fighting might be a bit tastier but that's different.

Of course, nothing is worse than the Rangers fans that seem to be trying to kidnap a Hibs bairn, or at least in some other way do rather more than "jostle" him. Precious little outrage from The Marble Staircase Crew on that one rather (h)unsurprisingly.

the most brutal video i've come across is the father or some random belting the boy who tried to take the wee man. Other than this, some handbags and daft folk giving it the 'get it up ye'.

As everyone is saying, with them trying to crucify us in the media, they'd have released the images and videos already; if they had them.

I'm going with the theory that whoever holds the keys to the zombies website was a wee bit tipsy over the weekend and has now sobered up and realised that they've been a complete tool.

oldbutdim
24-05-2016, 09:16 AM
the most brutal video i've come across is the father or some random belting the boy who tried to take the wee man. Other than this, some handbags and daft folk giving it the 'get it up ye'.

As everyone is saying, with them trying to crucify us in the media, they'd have released the images and videos already; if they had them.

I'm going with the theory that whoever holds the keys to the zombies website was a wee bit tipsy over the weekend and has now sobered up and realised that they've been a complete tool.

It was a mistake letting Bomber take the keys with him.

Newry Hibs
24-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Wonder if and when the hospital reports will appear as it was said players required hosp treatment:cb:cb:cb

I think they said they needed medical treatment. So that can range from a spell in hospital to a 'there there big man, it'll be alright. Uncle Dave is sorting it now'.

JeMeSouviens
24-05-2016, 09:22 AM
Worth highlighting a few more of Dylan's comments for the po-faced, sanctimonious, what-a-shame-it-was-all-ruined brigade:

Asked if the scenes at the end had taken a gloss of the player’s achievement, he said: “I don’t think the players are really that bothered. You saw the celebrations in the dressing room afterwards.

“It was a bit crazy to be honest. I was getting pushed and shoved about. I saw a lot of grown men crying their eyes out on the pitch.

“It was great we can do that to them. It’s been a long wait for the fans but it’s great we got there in the end.

“I didn’t really see any [of the crowd trouble] to be honest. Someone mentioned it to me afterwards but I just hope no-one was harmed.

“I understand that people were excited and wanted to get on the pitch and remember the day.

This last one shows the angle they were pushing looking for a Hibs-player-emabarrassed-by-shameful-thugs quote:

“I didn’t see any of the trouble though so I’d prefer to keep myself out of all that. It’s not up to me whether it’s embarrassing or not.”

Well played, Dylan! :agree:

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 09:30 AM
Yes, but that push allegedly caused him to sustain a black eye, multiple injuries and bruising all over his body.
Quite. It's almost as if there's a bit of exaggeration going on.

SuperAllyMcleod
24-05-2016, 10:06 AM

Tom English said last night that he contacted James Traynor about the statement - Traynor said he proof read it before it was released and stands by it!

Hopefully English will take him to court as he said that the stuff about him was lies!

The question I want to ask the media is "were Hibs fans fighting each other?". The answer is obviously no but that then gets them to acknowledge that the Huns were on the pitch too. Hibs fans were there to celebrate, why were the Sevconians there?

It will all come out eventually.

Ross4356
24-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Does anyone have a link to the press reports of players been attacked? i.e The Record/Sun etc....

snooky
24-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Is there a grassy knoll at Hampden?
Just wonderin', like.

Aldo
24-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Found it. So that's Halliday, Miller and Sheils all confirmed that they left the fields without incident. And people still buy the Daily Record? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halliday was one of the 'named' that required Hospital treatment and was attacked??

Mr White
24-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Is there a grassy knoll at Hampden?
Just wonderin', like.

Reports of a moustache seen twitching behind such a geological feature remain unconfirmed at this point snooky :greengrin

Deansy
24-05-2016, 01:37 PM
If (and that's a monumental 'IF') any of the Hun-players HAD been assaulted, it would've been like a dream come true for the photographers camped at that end - NO PICTURES SO FAR !!

ancient hibee
24-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Halliday was one of the 'named' that required Hospital treatment and was attacked??

Nobody was said to need hospital treatment.