PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Smith

Waxy
24-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Absolutely raging at him. How can he say this was worse than 1980.Another mouthpiece not fit for telly.

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 05:11 AM
Corrupt.

al1875
24-05-2016, 05:12 AM
totally agree, what an absolute clown

RoxburghHibs
24-05-2016, 05:16 AM
I can only think it's an attempt to put pressure on the independent investigators to increase our punishment.

linlithgowhibbie
24-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Have a look at the punishment options and you will see why he said that . This will be part of an organised media campaign to get either a replay or the cup taken from us!

blackpoolhibs
24-05-2016, 06:10 AM
I can only think it's an attempt to put pressure on the independent investigators to increase our punishment.

Did all the clubs nor sign up for some new initiative recently, that basically absolves each club from anything their supporters do?

Its the reason Sevco are never taken to account for their bigoted fans actions EVERY week.

JimBHibees
24-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Did all the clubs nor sign up for some new initiative recently, that basically absolves each club from anything their supporters do?

Its the reason Sevco are never taken to account for their bigoted fans actions EVERY week.

Yep strict liability. A majority of clubs voted against this so if clubs can show that they have done as much as they can then they will not be punished if fans misbehave such as Rangers persistent sectarian signing and Celtic wrecking Motherwell stand a while back. Don't agree with it personally. Anyone saying that was anywhere remotely similar to 1980 full scale riot is quite simply lying. Rangers must still have huge financial issues and were banking on Europe as a means of plugging some holes. Such a shame.

Aldo
24-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Did all the clubs nor sign up for some new initiative recently, that basically absolves each club from anything their supporters do? Its the reason Sevco are never taken to account for their bigoted fans actions EVERY week.

This is exactly this BH and with it being at a neutral venue the SFA have the responsibility for security etc.

Hence the reason Mr Regan was seen talking with Lying not long before his and the SFA's statement!

I will say that a fine will be the only thing they can impose.

This getting banned from Europe, docked points etc is utter Bollox and they know this! Like you say hence the media out pour!!

Carheenlea
24-05-2016, 06:20 AM
Surprised he can find the time to make statements in between admiring himself in the mirror and applying hair dye. The guys opinion should not really be taken too seriously. File alongside Traynor's nonsense.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 06:43 AM
Rangers must still have huge financial issues and were banking on Europe as a means of plugging some holes. Such a shame.

This. :top marks

The weegie meeja was going on about how The Rangers would be able to attract better players because they were going to be in Europe since the Celtic semi-final.

Methinks the mighties just punched a huge hole in their transfer budget and that's what all the whingeing and bleating is about.

Dave The Tax Dodger is scared he'll have to stump up his own cash.

itslegaltender
24-05-2016, 06:47 AM
He is a bankrupt furker who ballsed up his time at the SFA and is now on the ex old firm rent-a-quote job run like Goram etc

Heisenberg
24-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Have a look at the punishment options and you will see why he said that . This will be part of an organised media campaign to get either a replay or the cup taken from us!

There is absolutely zero chance of that happening.

BroxburnHibee
24-05-2016, 06:53 AM
He actually said the violence in 1980 was worse but because players were attacked this made it a worse incident.

I'm all for having a go at the welt but let's make sure we don't fall for their bollocks.

They're trying to goad the club into their wee game. It's winding them up big time that we're no.

Kato
24-05-2016, 06:54 AM
There is absolutely zero chance of that happening.

Hope they try it, they are looking like big babies now but that would make them look like the worst losers ever.

Heisenberg
24-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Hope they try it, they are looking like big babies now but that would make them look like the worst losers ever.

Think off the fall out if they attempted it? The whole of Scottish football would be against that. We'll get a pretty hefty fine and that'll be it.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2016, 07:07 AM

If there was a replay or we were stripped of the cup it would be the most scandalous decision ever made in Scottish football and that's saying something.

Events after the gane had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 07:10 AM
If there was a replay or we were stripped of the cup it would be the most scandalous decision ever made in Scottish football and that's saying something.

Yep.

The Rangers should be stripped of their place in the final because of the constant sectarian singing and chanting and letting off flares throughout the actual 90 minutes of play.

See, two can play at that game!

Plus Hibs were not responsible for the security arrangements at Hampden, the SFA was.

johnbc70
24-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Can they even fine us, if they follow their own rules then what more could the club have done to stop it. Hibs were not in any way responsible for security at Hampden, it was the SFA all the way. Maybe they fine themselves.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Think off the fall out if they attempted it? The whole of Scottish football would be against that. We'll get a pretty hefty fine and that'll be it.

Think of the precedent. The fans of a losing team in a final would have an open invitation to invade the pitch to get a replay. Imagine that at a Celtic v The Rangers game!

Jim44
24-05-2016, 07:13 AM

I wouldn't be too confident about the 'support' of other clubs except Celtic. I read comments on an Arabs forum calling for a 15 point deduction next season. I wonder why.:rolleyes: I think that other clubs will look for outcomes which suit their own agendas.

lord bunberry
24-05-2016, 07:21 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE&autoplay=1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE&autoplay=1
This is what happened in 1980, to compare Saturday to this is moronic in the extreme. Make no mistake, an organised campaign is being fought here. We can't be sure what it is they are after, but it will become clear in the next few days.

Onion
24-05-2016, 07:23 AM

The Huns, their fans and most of their ex-players still have an over-inflated view of their own importance. They are all looking, hoping, praying for some retribution to ease their pain after being fair and squarely beaten in one of the best Cup Finals in years. Probably still smarting from the Scott Allan affair and the role Hibs and other played in their "relegation" in 2012. Bitter, delusional, losers. There is ZERO chance of Hibs being stripped of anything for what happened after the final whistle. A fine is possible, but probably difficult for the SFA to enforce as a lot of the responsibility for Saturday's trouble rests at their own doorstep.

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 07:24 AM

Two observations:

1. If the SFA ever got to the stage where they tried to, or succeeded in, stripping us of the cup there would genuinely be an outcry about it. After 114 years, following that performance and with the tsunami of affection expressed by supporters of all other clubs for the result (as well as people with little or no interest in football) it would be an extraordinarily badly judged decision to make. The Rangers would become even more of a pariah club and the SFA exposed as a glove puppet joke. In any even there is no precedent for it and I'm pretty sure there is no case for it either.

2. In Rod Petrie they really have chosen the wrong guy to ****** with. This is someone who deals in facts, detail and nuts and bolts. He's never been easily swayed by anyone or anything, he is very experienced in business and in football administration and he's taken a bucket load of 5hit from us in recent years (rightly or wrongly). If anyone thinks this guy is going to let a protracted media operation from The Rangers and their fellow travelling Orcs in various quarters take our cup from us then they really haven't been paying attention over the last 20 years. And that BTW is before you consider That Tom farmer is standing right behind him - and he's no-one's fool.

No, now that this Hibernian team have finally won the Scottish Cup I'm fairly confident that Petrie is a good bet to retain it.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 07:27 AM
A fine is possible, but probably difficult for the SFA to enforce as a lot of the responsibility for Saturday's trouble rests at their own doorstep.

I hope the "Independent" Commission comes to the conclusion that the deployment of police and security personnel contributed to the pitch invasion. However, since the parties to an enquiry get the chance to see and comment on the draft report before it is made public, I suspect that any criticism of the SFA will be toned down at the SFA's insistence, and much of the blame deflected to Hibs.

weecounty hibby
24-05-2016, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't be too confident about the 'support' of other clubs except Celtic. I read comments on an Arabs forum calling for a 15 point deduction next season. I wonder why.:rolleyes: I think that other clubs will look for outcomes which suit their own agendas.
Nothing will happen except a fine. Points deduction is even less likely than being banned from Europe as the cup and league are run by different organisations. Even the fine will be a token, the club could not foresee what happened let alone prevent it. The Hun will get a fine also for pitch invasion, Clare's and sectarian singing. It could be argued though that EVERYONE could foresee the sectarian singing happening

AndyM_1875
24-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Absolutely no chance of us losing the Cup and to be honest the Huns are the last club on earth that should be talking about that given they're lucky not to be several titles down.

There is however an agenda being pushed from Govan to get us kicked out of Europe but I'm fully confident we have the right team in place in terms of Leeann and Rod to deal with Traynor and his Orcs. We'll get a fine and Rod will suffocate any Ibrox lunacy in the Commitees by re-visiting detail and precedent.

Waxy
24-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Surely they can only fine us. Cant ban us from next years cup because both the old firm took part in the 1981 Scottish cup.Cant stop us going into Europe as it would open up a massive can of worms legally.It's just Bitter Rangers cant take defeat.Really should only concern the few individuals who did any assaults. These are the individuals who should be brought to book. They cannot tar the club and the rest of us 20,990 as hooligans because of a few nutters.The real disgrace is this smear campaign by Rangers and the media.

stantonhibby
24-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Absolutely raging at him. How can he say this was worse than 1980.Another mouthpiece not fit for telly.

Fud.....Sour Grapes & Bitter Orange is the new cocktail of choice in the weedge it would appear.

lyonhibs
24-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Two observations:

1. If the SFA ever got to the stage where they tried to, or succeeded in, stripping us of the cup there would genuinely be an outcry about it. After 114 years, following that performance and with the tsunami of affection expressed by supporters of all other clubs for the result (as well as people with little or no interest in football) it would be an extraordinarily badly judged decision to make. The Rangers would become even more of a pariah club and the SFA exposed as a glove puppet joke. In any even there is no precedent for it and I'm pretty sure there is no case for it either.

2. In Rod Petrie they really have chosen the wrong guy to ****** with. This is someone who deals in facts, detail and nuts and bolts. He's never been easily swayed by anyone or anything, he is very experienced in business and in football administration and he's taken a bucket load of 5hit from us in recent years (rightly or wrongly). If anyone thinks this guy is going to let a protracted media operation from The Rangers and their fellow travelling Orcs in various quarters take our cup from us then they really haven't been paying attention over the last 20 years. And that BTW is before you consider That Tom farmer is standing right behind him - and he's no-one's fool.

No, now that this Hibernian team have finally won the Scottish Cup I'm fairly confident that Petrie is a good bet to retain it.

That's the key point that seems to be perhaps getting lost under the noise from Traynor's Fantasy Palace.

Stay calm chaps, Petrie's got this.

One Day Soon
24-05-2016, 08:00 AM
I hope the "Independent" Commission comes to the conclusion that the deployment of police and security personnel contributed to the pitch invasion. However, since the parties to an enquiry get the chance to see and comment on the draft report before it is made public, I suspect that any criticism of the SFA will be toned down at the SFA's insistence, and much of the blame deflected to Hibs.

I'll tell you what, if it is a truly independent commission then there will/should be the opportunity to submit evidence. We should be doing that if we want a genuinely broad range of views and evidence to be considered. Did anyone get pictures of The Rangers supporters in the corporate seating above the North stand throwing projectiles down on to Hibs fans?

Waxy
24-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Surely we will get to know who and how these people are chosen to take part on this independent commision.Just to be certain it is independent.

staunchhibby
24-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I have sent an e-mail to both the SFA and Rangers to complain about the louts in the hospitality above the North Stand.Would not live in hope of getting any answers or even an acknowledgement.

Simkin911
24-05-2016, 08:17 AM
Embarrassing. Comments in media and from Rangers are bordering on ridiculous.

GloryGlory
24-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Surely we will get to know who and how these people are chosen to take part on this independent commision.Just to be certain it is independent.

My feelings are the SFA should look outwith Scotland for the panel members. Too many people in Scottish football with too much baggage to be truly objective.

Onion
24-05-2016, 08:28 AM
Absolutely no chance of us losing the Cup and to be honest the Huns are the last club on earth that should be talking about that given they're lucky not to be several titles down.

There is however an agenda being pushed from Govan to get us kicked out of Europe but I'm fully confident we have the right team in place in terms of Leeann and Rod to deal with Traynor and his Orcs. We'll get a fine and Rod will suffocate any Ibrox lunacy in the Commitees by re-visiting detail and precedent.

One thing that's not been emphasised enough in the media (for obvious reasons) is that the circumstances on Saturday were unique - a one in a hundred year event ! The plight of Hibernian and our painful quest for the Scottish Cup was known across the globe as was the pain suffered by Hibs fans. Far too little has been made of this - mainly because the media doesn't really understand or care about anything that goes on in football unless it affect the Old Firm and it doesn't suit The Rangers agenda. No one really expected Hibs to win on Saturday and certainly not the way they did and it caught the police, SFA and Hampden security short and scrambling to recover the situation.

IMO the police, SFA and Hampden let Hibs, Hibs fans, Rangers and Rangers fans down badly.

When the "Independent Commission" draw their conclusions, this will be a key factor in determining why it happened, who was responsible, and risks of repeat in future.

Captain Trips
24-05-2016, 08:29 AM
I think all focus on Sevco should be the songs and smoke bombs for which there is just evedence galore.

That should be the focus they need to prove some folk attacked their players and it seems wanting on that regard.

LustForLeith
24-05-2016, 08:41 AM
I'll tell you what, if it is a truly independent commission then there will/should be the opportunity to submit evidence. We should be doing that if we want a genuinely broad range of views and evidence to be considered. Did anyone get pictures of The Rangers supporters in the corporate seating above the North stand throwing projectiles down on to Hibs fans?

By the way...

Coming back to me now but we were at the back of the North (second row from the back) When the final whistle went my son was hit with something, can't remember what, might have been a coin. For a second we couldn't work out what had happened or where it came from. Ian Murray was behind us, know it wasn't him! Thought it might have been someone getting excited in the Hibs end and stuff going up in the air. never thought about that.

Doncaster_Hibby
24-05-2016, 08:50 AM
totally agree, what an absolute clown

Yes he's obviously never got over missing that last minute sitter in the 1983 FA Cup final.