PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wish they could turn back time...

magnificent_seven
23-05-2016, 10:12 PM
And relive that David Gray winner again? Sheer ecstasy. The moment that ball hit the net will stay with me forever.

Will that moment ever be topped!? [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2016, 10:14 PM
I almost didn't believe it at first, couldn't help thinking ''this doesn't happen to Hibs''

Then I started crying and didn't stop until I was back at the car.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 10:14 PM
The best moment ever. I wonder how many times we will all watch That Goal again over the years.

magnificent_seven
23-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I almost didn't believe it at first, couldn't help thinking ''this doesn't happen to Hibs''

I was exactly the same, felt daft at first but looked around and seen that I was one of many. To be honest the realisation that it actually happened is just sinking in today. Been walking around in an absolute trance for 48 hours!

stoneyburn hibs
23-05-2016, 10:17 PM
I'd do that weekend over and over again for eternity.
I don't know how it can be topped, can't think of a word that doesn't understate it.

hibby6270
23-05-2016, 10:18 PM

Exactly the same with me - except I was off for the train instead of the car.:wink:

Heedersnvolleys
23-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Aye until a couple of minutes before that goal instead of saying to my youngest who needed the toilet, come on lets go now before extra time, I would say just hold it in a bit longer!!!!!

givescotlandfreedom
23-05-2016, 10:21 PM
I stood still at the second goal. I didn't believe it had happened.

Sas_The_Hibby
23-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Thought Gray could have connected better actually.

:greengrin

monktonharp
23-05-2016, 10:23 PM
The best moment ever. I wonder how many times we will all watch That Goal again over the years.It was so. I was in tears holding my son and dancing. I kept looking over my shoulder thinking "it did happen" did it ? was just an unbelievable way to win that cup.:flag::flag::flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
Aye until a couple of minutes before that goal instead of saying to my wee who needed the toilet come on lets go now before extra time, I would say just hold it in a bit longer!!!!!

Do you want to rephrase this? :wink:

Greencore
Collapsed on my knees, crying when the whistle went. Still can't get over it.

Heedersnvolleys
23-05-2016, 10:25 PM

Ta

Heedersnvolleys
23-05-2016, 10:26 PM

I think I made it worse!!!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2016, 10:33 PM
There never has been and never will be a Hibs goal celebrated like that one was ..... it was insane. I spent the time between the goal and full time with my hands over my ears and my eyes shut screaming HOLD OUT !!! .... HOLD OUT !!! ...... PLEEEEEAAAASSSSS HOLD OUT !!!

Must have watched it a hundred times ........... it will never get old :greengrin

Sir David Gray
23-05-2016, 10:43 PM
The feelings I had when that ball hit the back of the net is something I can't suitably describe with any words.

I doubt I will ever experience that feeling ever again.

Best moment of my life.

GreenCastle
23-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Like many others - can't actually describe the feeling when the 2nd / 3rd and final whistle went..

Best moment ever !

Nevi_SOL
23-05-2016, 10:58 PM
From grays goal hitting the net until the full time whistle I never took in anything else after watching back the game. I only then noticed the free kick mix up etc. Wow that weekend was 100% the best weekend ever

Baader
23-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Back in London now and a bit down as just want to relive the previous two days again from Davie Gray's winner to sitting in the Cask and Barrel last night having followed the bus all the way from the High St to Leith Links with my Dad. Perfect weekend, gone too quick. Let's just do it again sometime soon!!!
:flag:

Ryan91
23-05-2016, 11:08 PM
I've watched Gray's winner over and over again, with all kinds of different commentary, and some with none, and every time I watch, my heart skips a beat, still not quite able to comprehend that, yes, we actually did win it and it wasn't all some dream

iwasthere1972
23-05-2016, 11:13 PM
When we got the corner at 2-1 I turned to my sister and said to her here comes a goal. Bang 2-2. Said the same just before David Gray scored. Bang 3-2. Job done. At one point during the pitch invasion I went outside to have a cigarette and thought did that actually happen.

Absolutely bonkers weekend. We all need a good rest now.

hibs69
23-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Gray's goal and celebration and our celebration will never be topped in my opinion. Ever.

In the car coming back to Edinburgh, my son said, "Funny how we've (me & him) been frustrated with Hendos corners most of the season and moaning our tits off then, bang, bang, two perfect corners and we win the Scottish Cup!"

greenlad
24-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Gray's goal and celebration and our celebration will never be topped in my opinion. Ever.

In the car coming back to Edinburgh, my son said, "Funny how we've (me & him) been frustrated with Hendos corners most of the season and moaning our tits off then, bang, bang, two perfect corners and we win the Scottish Cup!"

I was in the South Upper right over the corner flag. Got a great view of the two corners, first one was like something out of a Roy of the Rovers comic from the 1950s. Ultra slow motion. I didn't like the flight of the ball at all and shouted "that's crap!" when it was in mid-air. My neighbour seemed to say (in 0.5 seconds) "no that's no so bad after all, you know" and the ball landed perfectly for Stokes.

Never been so delighted to be talking s***e and being shown up in public so quickly...

TAHibby
24-05-2016, 12:30 AM
I keep getting feelings of dread that it didn't actually happen. Help me :dizzy:

cheltenhamhibee
24-05-2016, 12:41 AM
I would live that moment 24hrs a day for the rest of my life, celebration started in row JJ and ended arse over tit in row HH

Halifaxhibby
24-05-2016, 01:02 AM
Have to be honest, during the 5-1 hertz game i was on my way out several times wi ma laddie. I am a grown man but my faither told me to sit down!!!, i cant bare to watch it!!, its like watching a family member getting a right doing and theres nothing u can do about it. Just love the cabbage and cannae bare it. Same with the 0-7 game in europe under fenlon. On saturday i felt like a bloody savaunt!!, predicted an early goal for us and then when everyone else was losing faith i kept saying heres hendo comin on his corners are terrific we will score here!!!, got mobbed for that!!!!, then just kept shouting we will do this!!!! Mobbed again!!!! In a good way!!!. In the stramash after the winner i got a cut eye and its black now. Think i copped an elbow somewhere in the celebrations!!!! Honestly????, id take that any week!!!, me and the bairn were on the pitch but sanity kicked in and we scarpered back quickly but the wee man has a small chunk of hampden turf. Yea there were a few ugly scenes but on both sides from what i saw. All involved on both sides should have their bums smacked severely, but to hear that clown gordon smith on the news tonight sayingthe scenes were worse than 1980 is laughable.

Scotchmist
24-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Last few minutes, all I could think was "Come on Hibs, to hell with extra time, let's beat them with a last minute goal. Let's see how they like it!".

Then David Gray sticks that one in.

Fantastic! Just fantastic!

:gwa:

hfc rd
24-05-2016, 02:18 AM
The moment and reaction when Gray scored THAT goal will live with me for the rest of my life! My legs were just shaking!

Silversand
24-05-2016, 04:39 AM
Our 3rd & the final whistle celebrations will never be bettered - most emotional roller coaster day ever.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Waxy
24-05-2016, 05:02 AM
And relive that David Gray winner again? Sheer ecstasy. The moment that ball hit the net will stay with me forever.

We might and most likely will win the Scottish cup again soon, but that goal and the next 10 minutes will never be topped.The greatest Scottish cup win in history.

fife hfc
24-05-2016, 05:19 AM

It will never be topped and even if we win the cup ten years in a row none would beat that moment. Best Hibs goal I have ever witnessed.:flag:

MSK
24-05-2016, 05:47 AM
I was sheer numb, my legs were like jelly and my head was numb, my voice was gone, my emotions were all over the shop, I didnt know whether to laugh or cry, I just remember mumbling to my Wife, repeatedly, we have just won the scottish cup, we have just won the ****ing scottish cup !! 🏆

Niffy
24-05-2016, 07:25 AM
I don't get to many games as I'm a wedding photographer , the speeches were happening on Saturday and I checked my phone just as it went yellow at FT and I had to read it a few times to make sure I was reading it right before I couldn't stop myself saying very loudly "F,*****n hell!!! We did it"

Got a few weird looks and I just had to say " Sorry folks , Hibs have won the cup"

eastcoasthibby
24-05-2016, 07:34 AM

I have said same thing about the corners quite a few times in chat ....What a time to put the ball just where it needed to go ...Think we have scored more goals from corners in the last 3,weeks than all season ..after practising all season on them he's now got it very right ....😊

Mr White
24-05-2016, 07:37 AM
I was sheer numb, my legs were like jelly and my head was numb, my voice was gone, my emotions were all over the shop, I didnt know whether to laugh or cry, I just remember mumbling to my Wife, repeatedly, we have just won the scottish cup, we have just won the ****ing scottish cup !! 🏆

Brilliant :thumbsup:

Super_JMcGinn
24-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Surely the greatest footballing moment of any living Hibby's life. I wonder how those who left after Rangers second goal went in are feeling though, I can't even imagine.

Lee Marvin
24-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Collapsed to my knees when gray scored and absolutely burst into tears. I do not have a suitable vocabulary to describe the last 15 mins of that game. Best of my life.

I also invested so much emotion over the weekend I'm starting to have an emotional 'come down' today.... haha.

What a time to be alive

24-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Best moment of my life, dont think I ever have or ever will feel that sort of high ever again. When Gray scored and then when the final whistle went it was just simply unbelievable. I'm unashamed to say that I burst into tears. Jumping around hugging and kissing everyone around me screaming "we've done it! we've ****ing done it!!!!!" again and again.