PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Hope Pat was at the game yesterday. Wonder if anyone was with him on here, and how much did he enjoy it!

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Hope Pat was at the game yesterday. Wonder if anyone was with him on here, and how much did he enjoy it!

He was down at ER early doors on Saturday with a young lad who I assume was his Grandson.

Was chatting away to people and seemed in good spirits.

Depor Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:12 PM
He was at Leith Links for the end of the bus parade, close to where the bus parked.

zelda
23-05-2016, 09:13 PM

Yes he was. I shook his hand on my way back to my bus. He said that Jimmy O'Rourke might buy a pint now lol

Jamesie
23-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Was lucky enough to have a chat with Pat on the Links yesterday afternoon. Really unexpected and a nice addition to the day.

Edson Arantes
23-05-2016, 09:34 PM
My dads' hero.

:flag:

darwenhibby
23-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Might have been a nice touch to have had pat on the bus!
Suppose it got overlooked in the euphoria

Jim44
23-05-2016, 09:45 PM
A few years ago as a birthday celebration, my wife treated me to a hospitality table at a Hibs Aberdeen fixture. My guests and I were surprised to have an empty chair at the table but were thrilled to be asked if we minded if Pat Stanton joined us for the day. Great experience and great banter with a Hibby legend.

schinkenotto
23-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Pat was on one of the hospitality buses and was sitting with his grandson two rows in front of me in the stand.I was lucky enough to have a good chat with him before the game-total legend and gentleman.He said he thought Hibs would win!Judy Murray and her father who played for Hibs was also in hospitality with her Hibs scarf on .What a wonderful day!

ACLeith
23-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Was walking (or should I say still floating) through the Links at the end of the parade, when I was aware of someone behind me. I looked round and took a double take, right there was the living legend. We had a wee chat about the day and the game, very interesting to hear how he saw it and that some of that tied in with my own thoughts the previous day!

We heard someone say "Is that not Pat Stanton", to which a young voice piped up "No, that's my granddad!"

When we went our different ways he clapped me on the back and said it was nice chatting. They say you should never meet your heroes but to have these few minutes with such a thoughtful, modest hero was the perfect end to the weekend.

:flag:

Kato
23-05-2016, 10:34 PM
God

Stantons Angel
23-05-2016, 11:02 PM
God

that says it all for me!

confused
24-05-2016, 08:43 AM
I was on bus 7 and sat looking out the window at the bricks on the wall outside Easter Road, I said to my wife this is an omen , number 7 and right next to kings brick on the wall "Pat Stanton inducted into the Hibs hall of fame 2010 . When onto our bus walked my all time hero , he sat down behind us and chatted away all the way to the game ,and back, I honestly thought I died and went to heaven! What a lovely guy , so modest ,an absolute gentleman,, the best day of my life ,even if we had not got the result we all wanted ,just to sit and listen to his views was a privilege of a lifetime. He said he was delighted for the fans, Thanks for making my life time dream come true you are indeed a real legend.

hibeerealist
24-05-2016, 09:52 AM

Indeed od was there here is a pic with me and my grandson at around 2.20 Saturday!!

Got a feeling that this was going to be a special day!!!!

GGTTH

Brightside
24-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Aye he was infront of us, and came through to the pre game lunch at Parkhead. He was a very happy man.