PDA

View Full Version : Savour every minute of this

Northernhibee
23-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Not one of us will ever feel again what it's like to scratch an itch in the cup that's lasted for well over a century - even if it takes that long again none of us will be around to see it. Many Hibees who came before us never got the chance to find out. Even if it does happen, it's unlikely it'll ever be in such a dramatic fashion.

I genuinely wish that feeling when the third goal hit the net would never end. The mix of sheer joy and that sense that everything has irreversibly changed. That was the moment that we stop looking to the past and start focusing on a beautiful Hibernian future. To all the people in G6 about two-thirds up that I ended up hugging and jumping about with at FT in more tears than can be described as manly; thank you. It was a pleasure to watch history being made with you.

Nobody can take away what a day Saturday was and you know what? If we can't win the cup next year I hope Dundee do - they've not won the cup since 1910 apparently and if they could feel what we are feeling now then that would be amazing (especially after giving us Sir Albert Kidd)

GGTTF'nH

#FromTheCapital
23-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Was partying from Saturday morning through to last night, so today has been a couch day. Think I've watched the highlights about 10 times today. Tear in my eye every time I see Davy Gray's header hit the back of the bet. A memory that will stay with me until the day I die. Don't give a **** about the pitch invasion incident, that won't ever take any gloss off the win.

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Not one of us will ever feel again what it's like to scratch an itch in the cup that's lasted for well over a century - even if it takes that long again none of us will be around to see it. Many Hibees who came before us never got the chance to find out. Even if it does happen, it's unlikely it'll ever be in such a dramatic fashion.

I genuinely wish that feeling when the third goal hit the net would never end. The mix of sheer joy and that sense that everything has irreversibly changed. That was the moment that we stop looking to the past and start focusing on a beautiful Hibernian future. To all the people in G6 about two-thirds up that I ended up hugging and jumping about with at FT in more tears than can be described as manly; thank you. It was a pleasure to watch history being made with you.

Nobody can take away what a day Saturday was and you know what? If we can't win the cup next year I hope Dundee do - they've not won the cup since 1910 apparently and if they could feel what we are feeling now then that would be amazing (especially after giving us Sir Albert Kidd)

GGTTF'nH

It was amazing, I don't know if it's describable to people that don't support hibs.

Sure other clubs have won stuff but this was Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in the last minute against the Evil Rangers.

I wondered for years what it would feel like but feared I'd never live to experience and now that I have I can barely comprehend it.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I posted on the PM board yesterday that, for lack of a better word, I almost felt disappointed.

Obviously absolutely ecstatic, Saturday and yesterday were the 2 greatest days of my football supporting life and straight into the all time top 5, but it's also left me wondering where it goes from here? Will any of us ever get close to that again?

I witnessed a team who I was first taken to watch as a baby in my Mums arms win a trophy we all wanted more than anything else. We done it in spectacular fashion against a team that stand for everything I despise and I experienced it with my parents. I attended the parade yesterday with my parents and my Grandad, a man who was born and raised in the shadow of Tynecastle but chose the right path and set me on mine, along with my girlfriend and extended family and of course the woder Hibs family. It was just perfect. I'm now going to enjoy a few weeks away from football and just try to take it all in before getting geared up for an away trip in Europe.

We'll just have to win the LC in November, holding both cups at the same time in the same year might get close to the same high.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:05 PM
What are you talking about? We're going to win it again next year!

Onion
23-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I posted on the PM board yesterday that, for lack of a better word, I almost felt disappointed.

Obviously absolutely ecstatic, Saturday and yesterday were the 2 greatest days of my football supporting life and straight into the all time top 5, but it's also left me wondering where it goes from here? Will any of us ever get close to that again?

I witnessed a team who I was first taken to watch as a baby in my Mums arms win a trophy we all wanted more than anything else. We done it in spectacular fashion against a team that stand for everything I despise and I experienced it with my parents. I attended the parade yesterday with my parents and my Grandad, a man who was born and raised in the shadow of Tynecastle but chose the right path and set me on mine, along with my girlfriend and extended family and of course the woder Hibs family. It was just perfect. I'm now going to enjoy a few weeks away from football and just try to take it all in before getting geared up for an away trip in Europe.

We'll just have to win the LC in November, holding both cups at the same time in the same year might get close to the same high.

The answer is .. probably not. Just like the character in Fever Pitch, Arsenal winning the League was a watershed moment, Hibs winning the Scottish Cup might well be the end of a long, long journey for some Hibs fans. Pretty sure some of those who went along on Sat went on a sheer sense of obligation and were just relieved that it's finally over.

Not me. These players, this club have finally (at long last) lived up to the support the club / team has had over the last few years. The look on the players faces at FT, their reaction, their after-match comments showed just how much it meant to them. David Gray describing his determination to get his head onto that ball to win the game ... you cannot describe how good that feels as a Hibs fan. THAT'S why they will be forever revered and hailed as Heroes and rightly so. They've earned it !

Glory Lurker
23-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Not me. These players, this club have finally (at long last) lived up to the support the club / team has had over the last few years. The look on the players faces at FT, their reaction, their after-match comments showed just how much it meant to them. David Gray describing his determination to get his head onto that ball to win the game ... you cannot describe how good that feels as a Hibs fan. THAT'S why they will be forever revered and hailed as Heroes and rightly so. They've earned it !

Amen. Fantastically put. :top marks

jamiegray1993
23-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I was sitting in the front row and when Gray scored the winner i jumped about for five seconds then realised what was happening. Then I just put my hands on my head and turned around to watch 20,000+ Hibbies celebrating the greatest footballing moment of our lifetime. I'm so glad I did because that image will be with me for the rest of my life.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk