PDA

View Full Version : Strict Liability

monarch
23-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to the effect of this on any possible punishment handed out to us and Sevco after Saturday. When the teams voted against Strict Liability I understood that it meant that they were not liable for the actions of their supporters so what punishment to the teams can the SFA handout ?

malcolm
23-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Can anyone enlighten me as to the effect of this on any possible punishment handed out to us and Sevco after Saturday. When the teams voted against Strict Liability I understood that it meant that they were not liable for the actions of their supporters so what punishment to the teams can the SFA handout ?

I think I t's the reason that Sevco seem immune from punishment for the sectarian and other bad behaviour of their fans so presumably it also extends to Hibs immunity from the excesses of any idiotical behaviour or our own fans. The opportunity to punish a club is where they are held to have been negligent about the stewarding etc. Unfortunately for some the responsibility for that falls on the SFA!

There will be a report highlighting issues and I'd hope one would be about the ineptitude and complacency of the presumably over promoted match commander. Beyond that I can't see what Hibs as a club have done wrong or could have done any different that is deserving of punishment. Sevco though have been guilty of making OTT classless statements that bring the game into disrepute and are guilty of setting the scene for future unacceptable behaviour from their fans. The irony that will escape the SFA is the reality of going to games involving that club that led to a thread on here about the safety of bringing children. We saw the reason for that when viewing the only real incidents of on pitch violence.

monarch
23-05-2016, 09:16 PM
I think I t's the reason that Sevco seem immune from punishment for the sectarian and other bad behaviour of their fans so presumably it also extends to Hibs immunity from the excesses of any idiotical behaviour or our own fans. The opportunity to punish a club is where they are held to have been negligent about the stewarding etc. Unfortunately for some the responsibility for that falls on the SFA!

There will be a report highlighting issues and I'd hope one would be about the ineptitude and complacency of the presumably over promoted match commander. Beyond that I can't see what Hibs as a club have done wrong or could have done any different that is deserving of punishment. Sevco though have been guilty of making OTT classless statements that bring the game into disrepute and are guilty of setting the scene for future unacceptable behaviour from their fans. The irony that will escape the SFA is the reality of going to games involving that club that led to a thread on here about the safety of bringing children. We saw the reason for that when viewing the only real incidents of on pitch violence.

That would explain why Motherwell received punishment for the playoff last year as it was deemed they were responsible for the security and stewarding at Fir Park. As you state Saturday's security was down to the SFA, not us so why do the media go on about punishing us ?

Jones28
23-05-2016, 09:24 PM
If Hibs can prove to the SFA they took as many measures as they could to ensure the fans behaved then surely whatever punishment due to us should be lessened considerably.

I think in reality other than a fine for us and Rangers the SFA will be found wanting for the policing before the final whistle.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 09:25 PM
That would explain why Motherwell received punishment for the playoff last year as it was deemed they were responsible for the security and stewarding at Fir Park. As you state Saturday's security was down to the SFA, not us so why do the media go on about punishing us ?

It would appear that Chick Young, Willie Miller, Gordon Smith, Gordon Waddell and other sundry pundits, who are baying for Hibernian blood, have no concept of Strict Liability.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Gordon Smith said it was 'much, much worse than 1980' so it must be true.

Basically, the Rangers can do what they want, we should be punished for upsetting them.

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 10:26 PM
It's a good point to raise. If that's the case then what can be done, it was all committed on the SFA's watch.

What more could Hibs as the entity of the football club have done? Nothing, so no case to answer.