PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy

Enough said
23-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Wanted him out after the Falkirk game but I admit I was wrong, he has done the unthinkable. He is the man to carry or club forward. Already looking forward to to next season 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Hi Heid Yin
23-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Wanted him out after the Falkirk game but I admit I was wrong, he has done the unthinkable. He is the man to carry or club forward. Already looking forward to to next season 

That's heartening to hear and you have my respect for being brave enough and mature enough to go public with a U turn.:top marks

Enough said
23-05-2016, 08:43 PM
That's heartening to hear and you have my respect for being brave enough and mature enough to go public with a U turn.:top marks
Cheers GGTTH

hibsbollah
23-05-2016, 08:46 PM
I'd give him a five year deal right now.

makaveli1875
23-05-2016, 09:04 PM
his record in cups is outstanding , league form suffered big time from 2 cup final runs with lots of replays and extra time . canny have it all ways and we got what we all wanted this season , the big cup is ours :not worth

500miles
23-05-2016, 09:09 PM
If we won against Falkirk, would have had the legs for either final? I don't think so.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 09:17 PM
If we won against Falkirk, would have had the legs for either final? I don't think so.

Ifs and buts. But you make a good point.

Our midfield three did so much work on Saturday (everyone a hero, obviously!), but IMO Dylan was key. And I can't think of the last time he played 2 games in a week for us.

Mikey09
23-05-2016, 09:20 PM
his record in cups is outstanding , league form suffered big time from 2 cup final runs with lots of replays and extra time . canny have it all ways and we got what we all wanted this season , the big cup is ours :not worth

Cannae wait for our UEFA cup run then!! GGTTH

Onion
23-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Wanted him out after the Falkirk game but I admit I was wrong, he has done the unthinkable. He is the man to carry or club forward. Already looking forward to to next season 

Alex Macleish said a week ago (after our last min Falkirk defeat) that Stubbs should be declared manager of the season - if not the decade - if he manages to win us the Scottish Cup.

Stubbs deserves HUGE credit for the way he turned this squad around from promotion losers to Cup winners in a week. An incredible achievement.

basehibby
24-05-2016, 01:19 AM

:agree: This

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Cannae wait for our UEFA cup run then!! GGTTHWell, if we get to the final I would hope we don't do a Manchester.:cb

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 01:26 AM
Alex Macleish said a week ago (after our last min Falkirk defeat) that Stubbs should be declared manager of the season - if not the decade - if he manages to win us the Scottish Cup.

Stubbs deserves HUGE credit for the way he turned this squad around from promotion losers to Cup winners in a week. An incredible achievement.:agree:must have felt if the world was crumbling around him at times but he showed real inner strength imho to steer our players to glory.

hfc rd
24-05-2016, 02:20 AM
Cannae wait for our UEFA cup run then!! GGTTH

We are coming for your trophy Sevilla! 😏

Dr Jimmy
24-05-2016, 04:02 AM
Wanted him out after the Falkirk game but I admit I was wrong, he has done the unthinkable. He is the man to carry or club forward. Already looking forward to to next season 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

I also wanted him out. He is now my favourite Hibs manager of all time and can stay as long as he wants. LEGEND!!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-05-2016, 04:56 AM
"IF... "
Stubbs keeps a calm head whilst stuff goes around. He doesn't always get it right but he perseveres. He'll have learned from this experience. Just think what he's a achieved from a threadbare team with no recognised goalie to the SC within 2 years! It's incredible an up there and surpasses the SKOL Cup in terms of taking us from misery to happiness today.

And speaking of which what a great choice of track - got the Hibees bouncing and right up for it - couldn't even tell you what crap The Rangers selected - even their own seemed to view it as "meh"

Paloschi
24-05-2016, 08:04 AM

Exactly the same as you. He has done, what has been the undoable for many a Hibs manager for over a century. He can stay and is a certified Hibs legend. :agree: The only man to take us forward!!

:gwa::flag:

24-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Sir Alan Stubbs :not worth:not worth:not worth

Diclonius
24-05-2016, 08:10 AM
The performance against Rangers was exactly what we were looking for - possession football but with pace and intent. We didn't fanny about on the edge of the box and went for it - and we got our reward.

I wanted Stubbs out but he can stay as long as he wants now.

eastcoasthibby
24-05-2016, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;4703082]"IF... "
Stubbs keeps a calm head whilst stuff goes around. He doesn't always get it right but he perseveres. He'll have learned from this experience. Just think what he's a achieved from a threadbare team with no recognised goalie to the SC within 2 years! It's incredible an up there and surpasses the SKOL Cup in terms of taking us from misery to happiness today.

Stubbsy proved a whole load of us wrong , I never wanted him out but I questioned his tactical ability , but I am delighted to admit he proved me to be wrong...the tactics and shape on Saturday were absolutely spot on and his substitutions were on the money as well.
Equally how him and his backroom team managed to lift the players mentally and physically as they did in that week is phenomenal ...he is a quality manager and we will do well to hold onto him !!
Rock on next season .!!!

hibsdaft
24-05-2016, 08:59 AM
he's two years into his managerial career. he's learning on the job and we've been witness to that. i think he's learnt a bit about mind games this year for example. that's natural.

but what matters if he's got the magic touch. he's got the gold dust. the stuff you can't learn. the ability to get the best out of his players, and get a dressing room buzzing.

in two years he's established a unity and solidarity between the players, and between the players and the support that is just priceless. and its going to carry us right through next year to promotion.

Hibrandenburg
24-05-2016, 09:29 AM

I'd give him a ****job right now.

Hibee Mac
24-05-2016, 09:55 AM
I'm in the same boat. I want him to be given a huge contact so he can become our Alex Ferguson

Nutmegged
24-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Build the damn statue now!!!!

Hi Heid Yin
24-05-2016, 12:23 PM

lol:hilarious

eastmainsmsh
25-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Reports that stubbsy fav for Rotherham @8/11 from 8/1 bloody hope not

MurrayfieldHibs
25-05-2016, 08:49 PM
This!!!!

:thumbsup:

jacomo
25-05-2016, 09:04 PM
Reports that stubbsy fav for Rotherham @8/11 from 8/1 bloody hope not

Ha! With all due respect and all that...

eastmainsmsh
25-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Ha! With all due respect and all that...

Lol what I thought was chuckling when I read it thought I'd post it as wife's pissing me off lol

VivaHiberņa
25-05-2016, 11:15 PM
he's two years into his managerial career. he's learning on the job and we've been witness to that. i think he's learnt a bit about mind games this year for example. that's natural.

but what matters if he's got the magic touch. he's got the gold dust. the stuff you can't learn. the ability to get the best out of his players, and get a dressing room buzzing.

in two years he's established a unity and solidarity between the players, and between the players and the support that is just priceless. and its going to carry us right through next year to promotion.

Sums it up for me. Remember how utterly demoralised the fans and players were two years ago. Yes, we're still in the wrong division but we have two things that following relegation, having brought a pretty raw manger I struggled, to say the least, to believe we'd see in a hurry: a TEAM in the true sense of the word and The Grail. How quickly Stubbs managed to build the first is testament to his abilities as a man manager. The latter speaks for itself.