PDA

View Full Version : Cost impact of THE GOAL

FifeHibs
23-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Wonder what the revenue that winning the cup to Hibs brings, I think well over 1.5 million. Also has the cost implications of the goals left Rangers a little short on the forecasted cash flow that they had been projecting and the summer signings promised will have to be put on hold.

allezsauzee
23-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Since when did The Rangers or their predecessors Rangers care about balancing their spending and revenue anyway ?

les83
23-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Since when did The Rangers or their predecessors Rangers care about balancing their spending and revenue anyway ?

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:top marks:top marks

SeanWilson
23-05-2016, 08:02 PM
the whole cup run will have given us a huge cash boost but the sheer euphoria of saturday will surely add a few more 0's to the bank account. I worry that the SFA will give us an absolutely mental fine to apppease there blue nose pals. That may take a sizeable chunk out of our cup win earnings.

Unseen work
23-05-2016, 08:16 PM
The money generated from the games etc plus now merchandise being sold such as :
Stripe
Scarfs
Flags
Mugs
The cup final tops

And anything that resembles cup final winners will be sold no problem.

Mr White
23-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Goodwill from the support too. They've just earned a big chunk of that :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Goodwill from the support too. They've just earned a big chunk of that :greengrin

Please please please. Sieze this moment Hibs. We squandered the moment post 2007. Let's kick on recruit and keep everyone as much as possible on board.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 09:07 PM
I spent £94 just on #PERSEVERED Tshirts today...

We'll make a small fortune just on our own merchandise never mind everything else that goes with it.

Great times!

Crammond Hibee
23-05-2016, 09:38 PM
I spent £94 just on #PERSEVERED Tshirts today...

We'll make a small fortune just on our own merchandise never mind everything else that goes with it.

Great times!
Does the shop have the T shirts ?

Green Man
23-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I spent £100 on an east terrace stone today.

AndyB_70
23-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Does the shop have the T shirts ?

http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/hb-7797-scottish-cup-winners-tee

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 10:09 PM
I like the title of the thread, from here on now we should refer to it as 'That Goal' and everyone will know what we mean.

monktonharp
23-05-2016, 10:13 PM
I have never used the Hibs shop for years because of problems getting sizes/variation/and simple name letters on strips. I will try my best to spend in there and put aside my petty gripes on this momentous occasion. better be better than the other times though:rolleyes: I do rememeber 1991 getting our Laddies pictured with the league cup. cant remember if we were charged . Hopefully they will maximise this time, getting pictures taken with the cup. the gorgie mob did and must have made a lot of dosh doing that.

hibby6270
23-05-2016, 10:14 PM
The money generated from the games etc plus now merchandise being sold such as :
Stripe
Scarfs
Flags
Mugs
The cup final tops

And anything that resembles cup final winners will be sold no problem.

Don't forget the official picture with the cup. That'll generate most cash I reckon. Can't wait to have mine taken.

hibby6270
23-05-2016, 10:16 PM
[QUOTwE=monktonharp;4702856]I have never used the Hibs shop for years because of problems getting sizes/variation/and simple name letters on strips. I will try my best to spend in there and put aside my petty gripes on this momentous occasion. better be better than the other times though:rolleyes: I do rememeber 1991 getting our Laddies pictured with the league cup. cant remember if we were charged . Hopefully they will maximise this time, getting pictures taken with the cup. the gorgie mob did and must have made a lot of dosh doing that.[/QUOTE]

Great minds think alike eh MonktonHarp?

Turkish Green
23-05-2016, 10:18 PM
The problem is going to be keeping the squad together as well as the coach for next season. No promotion. Players' agents will be looking for more money. Loan players gone. Leeann has a job on her hands.

Historically, cup winning teams have a poor next season. Europe? Let's hope Hibs buck the trend and win the Championship.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 10:22 PM
The problem is going to be keeping the squad together as well as the coach for next season. No promotion. Players' agents will be looking for more money. Loan players gone. Leeann has a job on her hands.

Historically, cup winning teams have a poor next season. Europe? Let's hope Hibs buck the trend and win the Championship.

You'll like this chat from Stubbs I think. And the headline!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36355569

I've just witnessed something extraordinary. I now think Hibs are capable of anything.