PDA

View Full Version : Sky commentator

FifeHibs
23-05-2016, 06:55 PM
I am not sure if I find it embarrassing for the commentators lack of professionalism or appalling but on sky sports the commentator refers to "even Hibs can't Hibsed it now" just before the winner.

The use of the term by commentators during our games must surely stop now!!!

Diclonius
23-05-2016, 06:59 PM
The commentator was wrong. We did Hibs it.

The term is turned on its head now.

Pete
I am not sure if I find it embarrassing for the commentators lack of professionalism or appalling but on sky sports the commentator refers to "even Hibs can't Hibsed it now" just before the winner.

It was fun for a few months but now it's over. Redundant.

A bit like these rubber wristbands or global hypercolour t shirts.

TheMentalHibees
Not heard? Hibsing it means winning the Scottish cup in the last minute now [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
23-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Great how they started saying this just as we were about to win the Scottish cup.

Deansy
23-05-2016, 07:03 PM

Yeah, I heard the plum - what is it with the media and Hibs ?. I genuinely believe it's because we're the 'other team in Green & White' so we get the abuse they're too frightened to give Septic !!

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Not heard? Hibsing it means winning the Scottish cup in the last minute now [emoji41]

Maybe a bit wider, to mean scoring late goals in cup games? Remember we got two against Hearts in an earlier round - if they hadn't happened, we wouldn't have won the cup. Hearts' failings contributed massively to our eventual win.

Pleasing.

matty_f
We can Hibs every game like that and I'll die happy.

Onion

Our team of Legends killed 1902 on Sat and put to bed the Hibsed-it myth. Hibernian FC are official a team of WINNERS under the most trying of circumstances. In fact. given the events of the previous Friday, what this Hibs team did was monumental. Stubbs pulled off the greatest result in Hibs history and we should all be rightly proud. Any cheap jibes by commentators will reflect more on their petty ignorance than anything to do with Hibs.

What a day, what a team.

et_hibby
23-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Our team of Legends killed 1902 on Sat and put to bed the Hibsed-it myth. Hibernian FC are official a team of WINNERS under the most trying of circumstances. In fact. given the events of the previous Friday, what this Hibs team did was monumental. Stubbs pulled off the greatest result in Hibs history and we should all be rightly proud. Any cheap jibes by commentators will reflect more on their petty ignorance than anything to do with Hibs.

What a day, what a team.

this

FifeHibs
23-05-2016, 07:11 PM
The ignorance and lack of professionalism shown to Hibs in live games by commentators is over the top.

When other teams get referred to as having a bad run, Hibs have collapsed and are in crisis.
Hibs score great goals it's slack defending.

The media never give credit when it's deserved by Hibs.

weecounty hibby
23-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I think it's been a great source of inspiration for our players and has helped drive them on. You can tell in interviews with Stubs and the players that it really pissed them off. Well Jambo's and huns, thank you and of course to the hun get it right up you you were well and truly Hibsed. 🏆🏆🏆🏆

ArmadaleHibs
23-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Hibsing it now means something totally different

Ggtth

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 07:42 PM
I had no problem getting rid of sky and tell them why every time they ring me with deals to come back. Easy to boycott.

Logie
23-05-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm so glad we Hibsed it I really am! Scottish Cup Champions 2016 💚🏆. Sounds better everytime 😉 bunch of legends and sir Alan Stubbs! What a weekend 😉

West lower
23-05-2016, 08:08 PM
I think it's been a great source of inspiration for our players and has helped drive them on. You can tell in interviews with Stubs and the players that it really pissed them off. Well Jambo's and huns, thank you and of course to the hun get it right up you you were well and truly Hibsed. 

Yam to Oxford dictionary : "Can we hae the word Hibsed it pit in yer fancy book please ? Ken that book that my maw says I should 'ave learned when I wiz at primary likes".

Oxford reply : "Can you explain / define the meaning of this word and put it in to some form of context for us "?

Yam again : " what the f*** you oan ? We jist want tae rip one oot they Lochend losers "

Oxford reply :" I assume 'Hibsed it' refers to your neighbours across the city ? The club known as the Scottish Cup Winners of 2016"?

Yam again : "Then whit aboot 'wee ' team Ken "?

Oxford reply : "As in the wee cup has not been won by the big team since 1954" ?

Yam again : " aw tae f***. Robbie oot ".

Kato
23-05-2016, 08:11 PM

What a day, what a team.

Oh yes.

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2016, 08:23 PM
It was fat Crocker, and Andy Walker has said it in the past, too. Welts.

monktonharp
23-05-2016, 08:32 PM
It was fat Crocker, and Andy Walker has said it in the past, too. Welts.Walker took vitually nae time to put the boot in, about fans invading the pitch. did not refer to virtually no peremiter of stewards, and police which is a normal move at any semi or cup final at Hampden. he could not feel it in himself, to mention that

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Walker took vitually nae time to put the boot in, about fans invading the pitch. did not refer to virtually no peremiter of stewards, and police which is a normal move at any semi or cup final at Hampden. he could not feel it in himself, to mention that

Aye mate, I saw the Sky coverage yesterday: Walker comparing it to the Old Firm riot of 1980 and saying fights were breaking out all over the place. Bare faced lies.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Yam to Oxford dictionary : "Can we hae the word Hibsed it pit in yer fancy book please ? Ken that book that my maw says I should 'ave learned when I wiz at primary likes".

Oxford reply : "Can you explain / define the meaning of this word and put it in to some form of context for us "?

Yam again : " what the f*** you oan ? We jist want tae rip one oot they Lochend losers "

Oxford reply :" I assume 'Hibsed it' refers to your neighbours across the city ? The club known as the Scottish Cup Winners of 2016"?

Yam again : "Then whit aboot 'wee ' team Ken "?

Oxford reply : "As in the wee cup has not been won by the big team since 1954" ?

Yam again : " aw tae f***. Robbie oot ".

Nice. Nearly factual, so careful if you are using it in a debate with a sparryheid.. But nice!

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2016, 08:37 PM
What's Andy Walkers beef with us btw? Must be about the most bitter ex player we've ever had the misfortune to associate ourselves with. Did someone pish in his coffee mug after training one day or something? Angry wee toad of a man. Get this right up you!

Nicho87
23-05-2016, 08:47 PM
The same annoying commentator who always describes scotland losing as bravehearts. Total cringe.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2016, 08:48 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/bdac54c90de889ae98c80ce0b4a2f7e2.jpg

Cheers for the term 'hibsed it' btw Jambos. Probably what inspired these players to get over the line and prove you all wrong.
Big shout out for showing us how big teams go about 'hibsing it' as well by losing a two goal lead with 9 minutes left back in February.
Final shout out for releasing Cummings a couple of years ago as well. That's worked out really well with hindsight. Two of the three goals against your mob, an assist for the winner in the replay against ICT, the winning penalty in the semi and another assist on Sat. Cheers now.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 08:52 PM
The same annoying commentator who always describes scotland losing as bravehearts. Total cringe.

Its a highly competitive TV subscriptions market, how many do they have to lose for the same reasons before they get the message? Bump sky and tell them why.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-05-2016, 08:53 PM
David gray hibsed it in the 92nd minute

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 08:55 PM

Cheers for the term 'hibsed it' btw Jambos. Probably what inspired these players to get over the line and prove you all wrong.
Big shout out for showing us how big teams go about 'hibsing it' as well by losing a two goal lead with 9 minutes left back in February.
Final shout out for releasing Cummings a couple of years ago as well. That's worked out really well with hindsight. Two of the three goals against your mob, an assist for the winner in the replay against ICT, the winning penalty in the semi and another assist on Sat. Cheers now.

Thanks for reminding me with these photos, seems ages ago

G B Young
23-05-2016, 08:58 PM
It was fat Crocker, and Andy Walker has said it in the past, too. Welts.

I've actually always thought Crocker is a decent commentator on Hibs games. Better than the BBC. Having watched the game on Sky yesterday I thought he caught the tone just right. Walker, on the other hand, is awful.

West lower
23-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Nice. Nearly factual, so careful if you are using it in a debate with a sparryheid.. But nice!

aye cheers Iggy. I had the 54 in my head as I typed. Fingers faster than my head so to speak.

Ken
23-05-2016, 09:29 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/747182fec6c40cd82b95c75d75af5d14.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/5ab0fe19bf4e25e9fabc334021664b90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
23-05-2016, 09:35 PM

I should've scrolled to the bottom first!

Just made this. 16636

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I should've scrolled to the bottom first!

Just made this. 16636

Quality mate

KWJ
23-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Quality mate

The Nicholson pic fae the Hertz game may have been better right enough :greengrin

SaulGoodman
23-05-2016, 09:44 PM
I've actually always thought Crocker is a decent commentator on Hibs games. Better than the BBC. Having watched the game on Sky yesterday I thought he caught the tone just right. Walker, on the other hand, is awful.

:agree:

Crocker going mental at our equaliser against Hearts and Grays winner will live long in the memory.

norhfc
23-05-2016, 10:04 PM
It's the establishment doing their thing, but we are the Hibs, we don't do establishment, it's a part of us and one of many reasons why I love Hibs.

HibernianJK
23-05-2016, 10:10 PM
If I'm honest I feel we get far too wound up by the use of this phrase and need to take it with a pinch of salt. Probably is a bit unprofessional but if your bothered about that after this weekend then priorities need to be sorted.

Baader
23-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Commentators taking their cue from social media is just embarrassing. Don't think we'll be hearing that one anymore...

GreenLake
24-05-2016, 04:02 AM
Great how they started saying this just as we were about to win the Scottish cup.

It was one of the things that raised my hopes we would win.