View Full Version : Timeline Of Pitch Invasion

Torto7062
23-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Forward this to every journalist and Rangers fans you know

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/#more-85448

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

madbadlad
23-05-2016, 06:45 PM
An excellent read, showing the lies and spin concocted by the forces of darkness.

andyf5
23-05-2016, 06:46 PM

I'm a bit concerned that the truth of the matter is that we are to blame as well. Irrespective of everything else the fact appears to be some of our fans assaulted Rangers players. A few witnesses on the internet not connected with either club, as far as I know, have described seeing this. ITV news reporter Peter Smith probably has the best (worst?) pictures and video. https://twitter.com/peteradamsmith?lang=en-gb Celebrating winning the cup should not include assaulting opposition players. Whilst the inquiry can look at flares, singing, lack of police, Rangers fans coming onto the pitch etc if one or two of our fans assaulted Rangers players that is wrong. At the time it happened there were no Rangers fans on the pitch and this may have incensed their supporters. If true these hibs fans have taken the shine off a fantastic day and will ensure out clubs name is associated with this behavior while the inquiry takes place. We need to make sure we are saying and doing the right thing. The club's statement strike's the right balance and asks for a wide ranging inquiry that includes all behavior.

Waxy
23-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Bet Jason stayed out on the pitch with the fans for six minutes trying to urge the supporters to go back to their seats? "you shouldn't be celebrating so loudly and emotionally guys" "Please go back to your seats". Utter Hibernian legend.

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm a bit concerned that the truth of the matter is that we are to blame as well. Irrespective of everything else the fact appears to be some of our fans assaulted Rangers players. A few witnesses on the internet not connected with either club, as far as I know, have described seeing this. ITV news reporter Peter Smith probably has the best (worst?) pictures and video. https://twitter.com/peteradamsmith?lang=en-gb Celebrating winning the cup should not include assaulting opposition players. Whilst the inquiry can look at flares, singing, lack of police, Rangers fans coming onto the pitch etc if one or two of our fans assaulted Rangers players that is wrong. At the time it happened there were no Rangers fans on the pitch and this may have incensed their supporters. If true these hibs fans have taken the shine off a fantastic day and will ensure out clubs name is associated with this behavior while the inquiry takes place. We need to make sure we are saying and doing the right thing. The club's statement strike's the right balance and asks for a wide ranging inquiry that includes all behavior.

You keep going on about this one incident of someone swinging at Lee Wallace, are you Lee or his Dad or something?

Convinced you aren't even a hibs supporter never mind a right minded person.

We all condemn the actions of the few idiots that either went for Wallace or shoved the goalie, beyond that there is no shocking evidence.

Waxy
23-05-2016, 08:47 PM
I think we should try and kiss and make up with The Rangers.First thing to do is send them a big birthday card this summer with a big 4 badge.

Onion
23-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Really good outline and timeline which needs to be reviewed in detail by all. There's no getting away from the fact that some idiotic Hibs fans acted stupidly on an historic day for the club, but the way the Rangers and media have reported it is a downright disgrace. Let's deal with actual irrefutable facts here....

Rangers 2 - Hibs 3.

Suck it up Huns :thumbsup:

Gogs07
23-05-2016, 09:41 PM
If der Hun had abided by the usual rules for pitch invasions, winners on the pitch and losers get out the stadium and get the bus home, then there would have been no problem.

Der Hun are totally responsible for breaking this simple rule and should pick up the tab for any fines dished out. Also, banned from this year's promotion and put back to division 3(again) and also banned forever from the S/Cup.

That should bring the matter to a close and shut deek'fatboy' Johnstone up! :greengrin

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I think we should try and kiss and make up with The Rangers.First thing to do is send them a big birthday card this summer with a big 4 badge.

Would rather kiss a lump of *****. Less chance of disease.

smack
24-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Anyone got a link to footage of the rangers official trying to kick Liam Henderson?

lapsedhibee
24-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Anyone got a link to footage of the rangers official trying to kick Liam Henderson?
Tried to kick a fan, not a player. (Just as bad imo.)

rcarter1
24-05-2016, 12:03 PM
You keep going on about this one incident of someone swinging at Lee Wallace, are you Lee or his Dad or something?

We all condemn the actions of the few idiots that either went for Wallace or shoved the goalie, beyond that there is no shocking evidence.

A bit low to claim he isn't a Hibs supporter no? I kind of agree with him. Anyway aren't we are all saying roughly the same things? Some Hibs and Rangers fans will face charges/consequences, the vast majority are completely blameless with respect to any on pitch disturbances.

Im a bit miffed, because the actions of a few radges are deflecting away from the momentous fact that Hibs are Scottish Cup winners!

greenlex
24-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Tried to kick a fan, not a player. (Just as bad imo.)

Yup the horses were o the park at the time and Liam had been off it for ages. I finally git round to watching the BBC coverage and was interested to see during an interview no more that a minute after the final whistle Rangers players and in particular Lee Wallace strolling of the park.

Edit. I see the image in the timeline at less than a minute. I have also seen some video footage of him actually being attacked. Sickening that any Hibs fan would do this and I hope he is jailed. Wallaces injury is definitely unclear though.

Ilovehibs
24-05-2016, 10:18 PM

This is really helpful.

andyf5
25-05-2016, 05:29 AM

I agree there is no shocking evidence of assualts on players and we all condemn the actions of a few idiots. A right minded person looks at the evidence which I have tried to do and post a link to some of it.

Some posts on here deny any wrong behaviour from our supporters.

I think the Rangers position is ridiculous and they have undermined any truth of what happened to the players. The rest about Rangers fans protecting players is rubbish and there is no evidence to support it.The wide ranging review will uncover that.

Torto7062
25-05-2016, 05:48 AM
You will probably find that the players being released would not go along with the Rangers Truth 😂

GloryGlory
25-05-2016, 06:24 AM

Correct. It is The Rangers hysterical overreaction and downright lying that has caused the furore on here, compounded by a supine, obsequious press presenting their lies as if they were fact. Yes, Hibs fans should not have been on the pitch. Yes, some Hibs fans abused some (not all) The Rangers players. That is indefensible and should be dealt with by the proper authorities. Anyone found guilty of an offence will receive a lifetime ban from ER, and if they are season ticket holders Hibs will cancel their tickets.

The vast majority of Hibs fans on the pitch were not there to involve themselves in a rammy with The Rangers fans. They were there out of pure joy. They may have been silly and unthinking, but they were not "rioting".

However, it is not case that every The Rangers player and staff member was punched, kicked and spat upon and severely injured. It is not the case that The Rangers fans were entirely justified in coming onto the pitch "to protect their players". It is not the case that only Hibs fans indulged in violence. It is not the case that every club's fans have the right to do this. It IS the case that The Rangers fans came on the pitch purely with the intention of attacking Hibs fans. It IS the case that any "rioting" happened as a result of the actions of The Rangers fans.