PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN FC STATEMENT

RSS Bot
23-05-2016, 04:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6529)

blaikie
23-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Professional statement which is hard to disagree with, good on Rod and co don't rise to the Hun Machine

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Seems fair enough.

Pete
23-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Without fear or favour indeed.

bingo70
23-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Professional statement which is hard to disagree with, good on Rod and co don't rise to the Hun Machine

I would have liked a bit more of a defence to be honest.

It's open season on Hibs in the press right now, some of it justified unfortunately but a lot of it is way over the top.

lyonhibs
23-05-2016, 04:55 PM
That'll do Rod, that'll do.

Jonnyboy
Can't say fairer than that

The Green Goblin
Key term there for me is "widest ranging terms of reference".

In otherwords, we'll take ours on the chin, but we'll be making damn sure that youse will as well.

Carheenlea
23-05-2016, 04:56 PM
A reasoned statement - hopefully that obese mess Traynor will agree.

high bee
23-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Without fear OR FAVOUR

Maybe Rangers should take note and give it a rest with the deflection tactics.

Pete
23-05-2016, 04:57 PM

In otherwords, we'll take ours on the chin, but we'll be making damn sure that youse will as well.

:agree:

We have a secret weapon. The facts.

McIntosh
23-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Excellent. Whatever lawyer wrote this - well done. Without feat or favour!!!!

Keith_M
23-05-2016, 04:58 PM
I look forward to all those that did engage in criminal acts being prosecuted with the full authority of the law, no matter which team they claim to support.

That includes any acts of violence, sectarian singing and setting off flares.

I also look forward with baited breath to a similar statement from Ibrox in regard to their own support.

SJM
23-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Go yourself Rod son.

Onion
23-05-2016, 05:00 PM
That's all Hibs can do, despite Sevco wanting a public execution of anyone and everyone for their hurt feelings.

Once the dust has settled, the Sevco "statements" will be seen for what they are - disingenuous, knee-jerk over the top reactions of a small-minded club.

hibsbollah
23-05-2016, 05:02 PM
I wish he'd fought back more. Perhaps by emphasising that there is NO evidence yet any Rangers players were assaulted, despite the Record as well as broadsheets like The Times (which I've just read on the train, disgraceful smearing throughout) reporting it as fact.

PapillonVert
23-05-2016, 05:02 PM

It's open season on Hibs in the press right now, some of it justified unfortunately but a lot of it is way over the top.

No point in getting into an unprofessional and undignified tit-for-tat point-scoring argument.

Best to let the official police and SFA investigations be done and see the results.

Hibs are right not to indulge the so-called court of public opinion.

MyJo
23-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Thats what a professional and well reasoned, thought-out statement looks like.

Miles better than "everybody hates us, it wisnae our fault, a big hibs fan did it and ran away, we're going to tell the SFA on you"

Pete
23-05-2016, 05:04 PM
I wish he'd fought back more. Perhaps by emphasising that there is NO evidence yet any Rangers players were assaulted, despite the Record as well as broadsheets like The Times (which I've just read on the train, disgraceful smearing throughout) reporting it as fact.

There is video evidence of wallace being swung at and their keeper being jostled. There is also evidence of a hibs player being kicked.

That's about it.

blaikie
23-05-2016, 05:07 PM

There will be plenty of time for defending our position when it really counts, staying calm and going about our business in a dignified manner is what really counts. Give those Hun *******s enough rope the inevitable will happen.

Topographic Hibby
23-05-2016, 05:08 PM
There is video evidence of wallace being swung at and their keeper being jostled. There is also evidence of a hibs player being kicked.by an official of The Rangers wearing a suit/club blazer.

That's about it.

Fixed that for you.

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 05:11 PM
This could actually backfire on Sevco. Surely the investigation will confirm their singing of illegal songs, what will punishment for that be?

green day
23-05-2016, 05:12 PM
This could actually backfire on Sevco. Surely the investigation will confirm their singing of illegal songs, what will punishment for that be?

That's why Hibs statement is worded in that way - to paraphrase "we will get clobbered, but you are coming with us"

hibsbollah
23-05-2016, 05:12 PM
There is video evidence of wallace being swung at and their keeper being jostled. There is also evidence of a hibs player being kicked.

That's about it.

I think a reasonable person would expect the term 'assault' to involve a bit more than jostling. The Wallace picture isn't conclusive and there's no video evidence yet. No evidence at all but were being publically convicted of it.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Sevco were trying to goad Hibs in to playing their high risk game in the media. As events move on our approach will be shown to be try correct one. Sevco may well regret the way they have gone
about their business here, their punishment could turn out to be just as hefty as ours.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 05:29 PM
I think a reasonable person would expect the term 'assault' to involve a bit more than jostling. The Wallace picture isn't conclusive and there's no video evidence yet. No evidence at all but were being publically convicted of it.

Legally it requires no more than the merest physical contact if that contact is unwanted by the recipient. In England there are degrees of assault based on the severity of any physical harm- actual bodily harm,etc.

Pete
23-05-2016, 05:34 PM

I think there was some grainy footage of the guy swinging for Wallace or some other player. Couldn't point you in the direction of it though.

Good luck proving "verbal assault" though guys (whatever the hell that is)

marinello59
23-05-2016, 05:36 PM
I think there was some grainy footage of the guy swinging for Wallace or some other player. Couldn't point you in the direction of it though.

Good luck proving "verbal assault" though guys (whatever the hell that is)

If they start charging people with verbal assault at football matches we are all going to be getting an early morning knock on the door. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
23-05-2016, 05:37 PM

That's why Hibs statement is worded in that way - to paraphrase "we will get clobbered, but you are coming with us"

leither17
23-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Which hibs player got kicked?

Lancs Harp
23-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Think it was Hendo

O'Rourke3
23-05-2016, 05:42 PM

From Pie and Bovril. Man in suit in the The Rangers Technical area kicks out at Hendo, now being used to that type of assault in an opposition box he avoided it. Might not be one of the Official Party but a person in a suit could only have come from the tunnel! Video on a couple of other threads. See if I can find it again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/...321088/video/1 (https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/734072577711321088/video/1)

Hibs Class
23-05-2016, 05:43 PM

Best served cold. Statement's fine for now.

The Green Goblin
23-05-2016, 05:43 PM
Think it was Hendo

What is it with people trying to kick him?! :confused:

bigwheel
23-05-2016, 05:44 PM
From Pie and Bovril. Man in suit in the The Rangers Technical area kicks out at Hendo, now being used to that type of assault in an opposition box he avoided it. Might not be one of the Official Party but a person in a suit could only have come from the tunnel! Video on a couple of other threads. See if I can find it again.

it's not Henderson...it was a hibs fan - who actually has a morph type suit under his strip...I watched it from the stand as it actually happened...he is running with glee, when a suit tries to kick him....

O'Rourke3
23-05-2016, 05:47 PM
it's not Henderson...it was a hibs fan - who actually has a morph type suit under his strip...I watched it from the stand as it actually happened...he is running with glee, when a suit tries to kick him....

Now I see it again...... I saw him in the ground. Looks/looked like Hendo on Saturday! :drunk:

SuperAllyMcleod
23-05-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm quite pleased that there was no apology to the Huns - despite them pleading for one. [emoji57]

Ged
23-05-2016, 06:09 PM
I mentioned to someone on the bus back that Petrie should have been nowhere near a microphone just after we'd won the cup. I didn't know what had happened as I was down near the front and it seemed to me that he was just stepping in when there was some good news.

However, he's just the person to deal with this at the club. He has a huge amount of experience and clout at the SFA and it keeps LD out of the firing line. You can be sure that he'll take them down with us for the flares, sectarian singing and fighting.

They've taken on the wrong guy and for once we're glad to have him on our side.

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2016, 06:32 PM
I mentioned to someone on the bus back that Petrie should have been nowhere near a microphone just after we'd won the cup. I didn't know what had happened as I was down near the front and it seemed to me that he was just stepping in when there was some good news.

However, he's just the person to deal with this at the club. He has a huge amount of experience and clout at the SFA and it keeps LD out of the firing line. You can be sure that he'll take them down with us for the flares, sectarian singing and fighting.

They've taken on the wrong guy and for once we're glad to have him on our side.

that's what i've been thinking :agree: i'm also looking forward to inquiry, the huns might just end up regretting it, the sectarian vermin that follow them(the minority of course) might just start costing them big, then bigger fines in the near future, so go on GFA do what the huns want you to do

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Good statement which reiterates what we've all been saying. There is no excuse at all for any Hibs fans who were involved in violence; they should face the criminal consequences. That said, the media coverage of the pitch invasion has traduced the name of all Hibs supporters, when it's a fact that, of the thousands who were celebrating on the pitch, the number who misbehaved was tiny. We also want any Rangers fans involved in violence to be found and arrested, and we want an investigation into flares and the sectarian/pro-terrorist chanting. It's only right that ALL misbehaviour/criminality be investigated fully.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Sevco were trying to goad Hibs in to playing their high risk game in the media. As events move on our approach will be shown to be try correct one. Sevco may well regret the way they have gone
about their business here, their punishment could turn out to be just as hefty as ours.

I'm not sure they are that smart or calculating.

What they were trying to do is smear every Hibs fan as a yob, while exonerating their own hooligans and sectarian bile.

Seemed to have forgotten that the whole thing was filmed...

AltheHibby
23-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Petrie has had masses of criticism from us fans in the past, so credit where it's due; that is a perfect statement and a fine example of Hibs class.

A lot of people in the public eye could learn from that statement about how to handle themselves when things go badly.

neil7908
23-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Very professional statement but part of me wishes we were a bit more forceful in our defence of the club. Just feel like Rangers are being allowed to talk pish at the moment unchallenged

truehibernian
23-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Tom English now calling out Traynor on social media - hes yet to respond !

SeanWilson
23-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Very professional statement but part of me wishes we were a bit more forceful in our defence of the club. Just feel like Rangers are being allowed to talk pish at the moment unchallenged

that's the beauty of the situation neil.... a scenario like this needs measure, maturity and a solid stance.... issuing a solid statement on sollid legal ground, while they spout utter pish through every outlet available can only work in our favour when the hard evidence is revealed.

A lot of people were absolutely in the wrong on Saturday but FFS, surely to **** people are going to start opening their eyes and realising the common agenda here.

Ilovehibs
23-05-2016, 07:50 PM
An intelligent, measured and meaningful message from our club. I just wish there was a clear statement somewhere that it was strictly a minority of our fans who were involved in violent behaviour.

I feel so sick to the core at the way the media are portraying us. There are some total idiots in our support (like all large groups) but the vast majority are good people and our name is being dragged through the mud right now. Really sad and unfair.

Hopefully, the investigations will reveal the true story and a more balanced view of what really happened. Unfortunately, by that time, I fear the mud will have stuck.

See this through for us Rod and Leeann.

AltheHibby
23-05-2016, 07:50 PM

Neil, I am currently getting masses of criticism on LinkedIn over a business proposal I am part of. I have kept a dignified silence, only answering blatant factual errors. My biggest critic went OTT like sevco did and it eventually cost him support. Rod's rightly playing the long game.

Btw, according to the Metro they are having a go at Sturgeon too. I hate the SNP, but even I couldn't attach any responsibility to them over this.

oneone73
23-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Neil, I am currently getting masses of criticism on LinkedIn over a business proposal I am part of. I have kept a dignified silence, only answering blatant factual errors. My biggest critic went OTT like sevco did and it eventually cost him support. Rod's rightly playing the long game.

Btw, according to the Metro they are having a go at Sturgeon too. I hate the SNP, but even I couldn't attach any responsibility to them over this.

It's because Nicola's hubby is a Hibby.

truehibernian
23-05-2016, 07:53 PM
that's the beauty of the situation neil.... a scenario like this needs measure, maturity and a solid stance.... issuing a solid statement on sollid legal ground, while they spout utter pish through every outlet available can only work in our favour when the hard evidence is revealed.

A lot of people were absolutely in the wrong on Saturday but FFS, surely to **** people are going to start opening their eyes and realising the common agenda here.

With it being end of the season, no daily Sportsound, and players and staff on holidays will help diffuse the situation and extinguish all the emotive stuff we are reading and hearing.

malcolm
23-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Legally it requires no more than the merest physical contact if that contact is unwanted by the recipient. In England there are degrees of assault based on the severity of any physical harm- actual bodily harm,etc.
You need not actually make physical contact for it to be assault if I remember correctly it can be where the victim reasonably believes and is in fear they were going to be struck by someon with the ability to assault them. England of course is a bit bizarre as unlike scots common law every thing has to be within a statutory definition which is where all these abh gbh terms come from. Without contact in these circumstances it would be hard for such acts to be proved.

Pete
23-05-2016, 07:55 PM

I think it's more to do with the fact she tweeted congratulating hibs without mentioning the pitch invasion. She forgot that it wasn't all about Rangers.

corby hibee
23-05-2016, 07:56 PM
Whats the bets we end up drawing the huns in the 3rd round of the league cup, bring it on :gwa:

AltheHibby
23-05-2016, 07:56 PM

Didn't know that. Thanks.

Onion
23-05-2016, 07:59 PM

IMO Hibs have got this spot on. Petrie (for all his faults) and Dempster are no mugs when it comes to this stuff. Someone needs to be the adult here, and it looks like Hibs have to take on that role. Give it a few days, and the Rangers statements and over-reaction will be seen for what it is - a ridiculous, juvenile, knee-jerk reaction designed to appease the hurt of their fans and deflect attention away from their defeat. They are a sad case.

The Rangers were embarrassed on the field by Hibs, and this is their reaction. Pathetic.

liscious_hibs
23-05-2016, 08:03 PM
If they start charging people with verbal assault at football matches we are all going to be getting an early morning knock on the door. :greengrin

And what about the verbal assault on 21000 hibs fans by 21000 sevco zombies singing about "up to our knees in fenian blood"

Rangers are a laughing stock in my opinion

neil7908
23-05-2016, 08:04 PM

Yeah maybe you're right, it's just quite incredible the stuff they've come out with. Even my Rangers supporting mate at work was amazed by it. In any genuinely neutral process I would think they are shooting themselves in the foot but the problem is this is Scottish football and our authorities are a joke. I'm concerned there's so much coming from them that the pressure is on the SFA to do something (and I don't just mean a fine).

The Rangers statement is also laying the ground for future trouble, it's incitement really. I guarantee there will be problems next time we play them as they have condoned their fans behaviour and absolved them of any blame.

brog
23-05-2016, 08:04 PM
I think this may come back to bite Newco big time. I have not met one person who does not think their reaction is at best OTT & is somewhat bizarre & hysterical. Makes you wonder if their whole financial house of cards was based on a European campaign.

SeanWilson
23-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Yeah maybe you're right, it's just quite incredible the stuff they've come out with. Even my Rangers supporting mate at work was amazed by it. In any genuinely neutral process I would think they are shooting themselves in the foot but the problem is this is Scottish football and our authorities are a joke. I'm concerned there's so much coming from them that the pressure is on the SFA to do something (and I don't just mean a fine).

The Rangers statement is also laying the ground for future trouble, it's incitement really. I guarantee there will be problems next time we play them as they have condoned their fans behaviour and absolved them of any blame.

:agree: absolutely, the way they have reacted will 100% cause future trouble. We have a part to play in this of course, however they are effectively giving there knuckle dragging fans a rallying cry for future ocasions.

Neilbooks
23-05-2016, 08:12 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact she tweeted congratulating hibs without mentioning the pitch invasion. She forgot that it wasn't all about Rangers.

Pretty sure she's also the MSP for the part of Glasgow that includes Govan. Saw some fuds on Twitter on Saturday night complaining that she wasn't sticking up for her innocent constituents who had been the victims of assault, goading and provocation and that this act of "treachery" meant that her day would come at the next election!!!

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2016, 08:13 PM
Pretty sure she's also the MSP for the part of Glasgow that includes Govan. Saw some fuds on Twitter on Saturday night complaining that she wasn't sticking up for her innocent constituents who had been the victims of assault, goading and provocation and that this act of "treachery" meant that her day would come at the next election!!!

Strange phrase for Rangers fans to use :greengrin

JimBHibees
23-05-2016, 08:14 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/...321088/video/1 (https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/734072577711321088/video/1)

That's a fan not a Hibs player.

Onion
23-05-2016, 08:16 PM

Agree with that. The Rangers appear to be hell-bent on escalating this into a much bigger problem than a few idiot Hibs fans goading their fans and confronting their players. There's simply no justification for this and suggests their club is run by emotional, mindless idiots who are not fit for the job. The SFA should bring into scope the inflammatory statements and briefings The Rangers have given to the press over the last few days. All that has done is stereotyped the club.

snooky
23-05-2016, 08:20 PM
If Rangers stopped for a moment and thought they would see that this sabre rattling is bringing attention to all the non-football aspects of the game. This means the spotlight will also fall on their smoke bombs and mass sectarian chants.
Yes, we may end up with a fine but like all naughty schoolboys in a playground scrap, all get called to the headmaster's room for punishment.
Mind you, I don't regard the SFA as being very fair headmasters.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 08:22 PM
It's a fair statement. But unfortunately, a fair balanced statement isn't what we need in this kind of situation. The only real "balance" we'll get is if we hit back.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Tom English now calling out Traynor on social media - hes yet to respond !

I wonder, now the dust has settled, that this all starts to fall apart for them!!!

The last 48 hours or do has seen that circus roll on.

People are now starting to question the 'Fact' behind it all.

Jackson 'all 11' had been assaulted in one way or another has had holes blown right through it with Kenny Millers partner stating he wasn't harmed and Kenny Shiels mentioning the same about Dean!

Now Tom English....

Aldo
23-05-2016, 08:28 PM
It's a fair statement. But unfortunately, a fair balanced statement isn't what we need in this kind of situation. The only real "balance" we'll get is if we hit back.

No it's not!! The club are and have done the correct thing IMHO!!

They are not in possession of the full facts and only a fool (s) would comment without knowing them.

It will run its course and the club will not be caught out making silly statements in the media!!

They have said their bit and will comment when they see fit and probably after legal advice!!

Deansy
23-05-2016, 08:31 PM
No problems with the statement apart from - “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder'. Do any of these 'sources' contain film/photographic evidence - as the Hun have claimed - ANY of their players actually being physically assaulted ?. Especially Kenny Miller, whose wife has confirmed he WASN'T attacked but the Hun claim was ?

I feel the Hun have dug a deep, deep hole for themselves with their ridiculous 'statements' and accusations and hopefully Hibs, along with the police, can help them climb into it. Their actions are nothing more than an classless, amateurish, childish, cheap attempt to take our place in Europe and to attack RP who they hate !

Jonnyboy
23-05-2016, 08:33 PM
I wonder, now the dust has settled, that this all starts to fall apart for them!!!

Jackson 'all 11' had been assaulted in one way or another has had holes blown right through it with Kenny Millers partner stating he wasn't harmed and Kenny Shiels mentioning the same about Dean!

Now Tom English....

Don't forget, Aldo that the first statement was read out by that wee fat bloater Traynor in the tunnel while the pitch was still being cleared. They've been at it from the moment the third goal went in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a lot of this is to deflect from the fact that they lost the game, they are pish, they will struggle in the top league next season and they'll never see any of the money promised by the lying King

Onion
23-05-2016, 08:33 PM

Now Tom English....

And Kenny Miller going to the Hibs dressing room after the game to congratulate the Hibs players doesn't sound like the actions of someone who's just been assaulted. The whole thing stinks of a Glasgow midden.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2016, 08:34 PM
And Kenny Miller going to the Hibs dressing room after the game to congratulate the Hibs players doesn't sound like the actions of someone who's just been assaulted. The whole thing stinks of a Glasgow midden.

Indeed, or of someone whose team mates, all of them mind, had been assaulted by Hibs fans

Aldo
23-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Don't forget, Aldo that the first statement was read out by that wee fat bloater Traynor in the tunnel while the pitch was still being cleared. They've been at it from the moment the third goal went in. I've said it before and I'll say it again, a lot of this is to deflect from the fact that they lost the game, they are pish, they will struggle in the top league next season and they'll never see any of the money promised by the lying King

Jonnyboy I said the exact thing to my neebor yesterday and totally agree.

I wonder if another admin is on the horizon??

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 08:37 PM
No problems with the statement apart from - “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder'. Do any of these 'sources' contain film/photographic evidence - as the Hun have claimed - ANY of their players actually being physically assaulted ?. Especially Kenny Miller, whose wife has confirmed he WASN'T attacked but the Hun claim was ?

I feel the Hun have dug a deep, deep hole for themselves with their ridiculous 'statements' and accusations and hopefully Hibs, along with the police, can help them climb into it. Their actions are nothing more than an classless, amateurish, childish, cheap attempt to take our place in Europe and to attack RP who they hate !

Hibs fans being on the park caused disruption though and that all led to what unfolded. You can't say that us being on the pitch had nothing to do with what happened next. Fans shouldn't be on the pitch and thats the rule so hibs will always say the fans were wrong to enter the field of play. Most folk that were there understand the emotion that everyone was feeling and why that lead to a pitch invasion, the real sad fact is that some idiots used that as way to try and attack rangers player/s and goad their fans.

If the guys that ran on the pitch had only went seeking hibs players it wouldn't have escalted but would have still been condemned by the mainstream west coast media anyway.

The worst part is you have journos and hacks claiming to have witnessed players being severely beaten, but there is zero footage at all of any of this.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Indeed, or of someone whose team mates, all of them mind, had been assaulted by Hibs fans

I'm in no doubt btw that there was an incident involving Lee Wallace and the keeper got bumped into but the fact that they have fed to the media that up to 6 players including Wallace Halliday and Holt required hospital treatment!

The sad thing about this is that Regan has been sucked right into this big time and I am sure he will look back at his statement and regret some of it!!

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I imagine this 1 player or was it 6, oh right it was actually 11 players that were seriously assaulted will have medical reports and photographs to back up their claim?

:tumble:

Sammy7nil
23-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Hibs fans being on the park caused disruption though and that all led to what unfolded. You can't say that us being on the pitch had nothing to do with what happened next. Fans shouldn't be on the pitch and thats the rule so hibs will always say the fans were wrong to enter the field of play. Most folk that were there understand the emotion that everyone was feeling and why that lead to a pitch invasion, the real sad fact is that some idiots used that as way to try and attack rangers player/s and goad their fans.

If the guys that ran on the pitch had only went seeking hibs players it wouldn't have escalted but would have still been condemned by the mainstream west coast media anyway.

The worst part is you have journos and hacks claiming to have witnessed players being severely beaten, but there is zero footage at all of any of this.

If we are honest everyone on the pitch is in the wrong end of. The fact i did not get to see the cup paraded at hampden the players have here photo taken in front of the sponors stand, fireworks and a good sing song is a disappointment. Yes i am well over it but in todays selfie culture every tom dick andharry thinking it is all about them really gets my goat. Rant over.

Alfred E Newman
23-05-2016, 09:17 PM
If we are honest everyone on the pitch is in the wrong end of. The fact i did not get to see the cup paraded at hampden the players have here photo taken in front of the sponors stand, fireworks and a good sing song is a disappointment. Yes i am well over it but in todays selfie culture every tom dick andharry thinking it is all about them really gets my goat. Rant over.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Ok fair enough.

Technically and legally you are right of course.

But I do think cancelling the lap of honour and the rest was an over reaction. We were being punished for being naughty - the fans had returned to their seats showed that the situation was well under control again.

There is an element here where the same old story - yobs ruin it for everybody - is a lazy default response by the establishment. Unfortunately, the stupidity of a thoughtless few make that an easy line to take.

It's our football club. Ours! We'd just ended 114 years of hurt, with a last minute goal in an emotional roller coaster of a football match.

Sammy7nil
23-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Ok fair enough.

Technically and legally you are right of course.

But I do think cancelling the lap of honour and the rest was an over reaction. We were being punished for being naughty - the fans had returned to their seats showed that the situation was well under control again.

There is an element here where the same old story - yobs ruin it for everybody - is a lazy default response by the establishment. Unfortunately, the stupidity of a thoughtless few make that an easy line to take.

It's our football club. Ours! We'd just ended 114 years of hurt, with a last minute goal in an emotional roller coaster of a football match.
Yip celebrate with your mates dont run around a pitch with your phone in your hand. There is not a hope in hell they could have allowed a lap of honour after that imagine the outcry if even one fan had got back on the pitch.