PDA

View Full Version : Independent Commission set up

McIntosh
23-05-2016, 04:40 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/14511239.Scottish_FA_set_up_Independent_Commission _to_probe_Hampden_riots/

It looks like the SFA are trying to calm everything down:

Chief executive Stewart Regan has now called for calm as Hampden chiefs look to probe the ugly scenes which tarnished a day to remember for Hibs.
He said: “The Scottish FA has today initiated the process of appointing an Independent Commission to investigate the circumstances of Saturday’s Scottish Cup Final disorder.
“A chairperson will be appointed in early course and the commission’s remit will be to review all operational matters relating to the event hosting of the final. It will be convened to analyse the processes and protocols undertaken in the staging of the match and I would encourage all relevant stakeholders to contribute to it.
“In the interests of transparency, the commission’s findings will also be published in full.
“In addition, the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer has also started the process of investigating potential rule breaches from a football regulatory perspective.
"It should be pointed out that as the cup final is now subject to a criminal investigation by Police Scotland, we will share all information gleaned so far with them.
“I have also instructed the compilation of a comprehensive report from all our internal group functions at Hampden Park to establish a full picture of the events of the weekend. The contents of this report will be made available to the commission.

“I am keen that the Scottish FA is proactive in the investigations with the police authorities and the Independent Commission.
"In the meantime, I would urge all parties involved in the ongoing situation to demonstrate calmness, clarity of thought and responsibility as we proceed towards a satisfactory conclusion.”

I think the appointment of the compliance officer heads is interesting. The SFA will not be able to apply any sanction until after the report is delivered. This will not take place quickly by the very nature of the thing.

SJM
23-05-2016, 04:42 PM
No hiding place for anyone that participated violence. Flares and bigoted Hatred must be included.

Keith_M
23-05-2016, 04:44 PM
Independent, eh?

Lets see, shall we.

Aldo
No hiding place for anyone that participated violence. Flares and bigoted Hatred must be included.

Let's see if it's a full and frank investigation with no stone in turned.

The word Independent would suggest this but I have a funny feeling it will be from the point of the final whistle and not throughout the game!!

McIntosh

Yes - exactly. The sectarian singing will be of interest.

Pete
23-05-2016, 04:46 PM

:agree:

All these pre-emptive strikes from them will count for nothing.

Baader
23-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Who's heading up the Independent Commission?

John Greig? Impartially assisted by Alex MacDonald and Ian Ferguson?

high bee
23-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Independent, eh?

Lets see, shall we.

My thoughts exactly. What better way to get your own way than to employ someone 'independent' to deliver the outcome of your choice.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2016, 04:50 PM
What are the potential rule breaches the Compliance Officer is investigating?

Billie Jo
23-05-2016, 04:50 PM
My thoughts exactly. What better way to get your own way than to employ someone 'independent' to deliver the outcome of your choice.
Aye, someone who is deaf, they guys make me sick

hibs0666
23-05-2016, 04:51 PM

Heard that Bill McMurdo got the gig with Bomber Broon doing the PR.

banarc7062
23-05-2016, 04:52 PM

Up to the final whistle there was no obvious FOOTBALL breaches that would affect Hibs.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Hibs statement:

A Police-led criminal inquiry is underway into events at Hibernian’s historic Scottish Cup win over Rangers at the weekend. The Scottish FA has also launched its own Independent Commission. The Club welcomes the announcement of the Commission which should have the widest ranging terms of reference.

The Independent Commission is to look into all aspects of the staging and management of the Final. That is right and proper. Everyone involved will want to know what lessons can be learned.

Hibernian FC will co-operate fully with the Independent Commission in every way it can and the Commission must be allowed to run its course and reach its own conclusions without fear or favour.

Hibernian FC today reiterated:

-That the Club is sorry that a number of Hibernian supporters invaded the pitch. Whilst emotions were running high, the Club cannot condone supporters coming onto the field of play.

-That the Club will co-operate fully with all of the relevant authorities to identify supporters involved in behaviour which tarnishes the good name of Hibernian FC.

-In particular, the Club will do everything in its power to bring to book any Hibernian supporters found to have been involved in the most serious allegations of assault – including assaults on the staff or players of Rangers FC

-The Club will take the strongest possible sanctions against any supporters involved in criminal activity or unacceptable behaviour

Chairman Rod Petrie said: “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder.

I condemn and the Club condemns all of the violence and unacceptable conduct perpetrated on the pitch and elsewhere and in the margins of the match at Hampden. There is absolutely no place for it in the game of football.

"Hibernian will do all that it can to support the criminal investigations to ensure that those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions.”

HoboHarry
23-05-2016, 04:59 PM
The second last paragraph from the SFA sounds like they are telling Dave King to knock it off.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Hibs statement: A Police-led criminal inquiry is underway into events at Hibernian’s historic Scottish Cup win over Rangers at the weekend. The Scottish FA has also launched its own Independent Commission. The Club welcomes the announcement of the Commission which should have the widest ranging terms of reference. The Independent Commission is to look into all aspects of the staging and management of the Final. That is right and proper. Everyone involved will want to know what lessons can be learned. Hibernian FC will co-operate fully with the Independent Commission in every way it can and the Commission must be allowed to run its course and reach its own conclusions without fear or favour. Hibernian FC today reiterated: -That the Club is sorry that a number of Hibernian supporters invaded the pitch. Whilst emotions were running high, the Club cannot condone supporters coming onto the field of play. -That the Club will co-operate fully with all of the relevant authorities to identify supporters involved in behaviour which tarnishes the good name of Hibernian FC. -In particular, the Club will do everything in its power to bring to book any Hibernian supporters found to have been involved in the most serious allegations of assault – including assaults on the staff or players of Rangers FC -The Club will take the strongest possible sanctions against any supporters involved in criminal activity or unacceptable behaviour Chairman Rod Petrie said: “It is now clear from various sources that supporters being on the pitch at the end of the match led to acts of violence and disorder. I condemn and the Club condemns all of the violence and unacceptable conduct perpetrated on the pitch and elsewhere and in the margins of the match at Hampden. There is absolutely no place for it in the game of football. "Hibernian will do all that it can to support the criminal investigations to ensure that those who have transgressed face the consequences of their actions.”

Perfect timing!

No knee jerk reactions.

Full support to the authorities.

Dust has settled and all that!

None of this playing to the media.

Petrie and the Club have played a blinder!!

green day
23-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Perfect timing!

No knee jerk reactions.

Full support to the authorities.

Dust has settled and all that!

None of this playing to the media.

Petrie and the Club have played a blinder!!

100%. The line in the middle about fear or favour is a beauty.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 05:03 PM
That final para is directly aimed at the Rangers. Seeing as we've come out with no statement regarding the whole thing.

gogsy23
23-05-2016, 05:04 PM
Fair enough statements tbh. Still think the bile singing from the rangers end will be missed out.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 05:05 PM

The word Independent would suggest this but I have a funny feeling it will be from the point of the final whistle and not throughout the game!!

I've got a feeling it's the SFA trying to cover their backsides for their failures in organising security.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Fair enough statements tbh. Still think the bile singing from the rangers end will be missed out.

Then Hibs have to make sure it isn't.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 05:08 PM

Hibs should seek clarification on the range of the investigation. Ensuring that the Rangers actions during the game are looked at in full.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 05:10 PM

Chief Freemason. Whoever that is.

Assisted by Donald Find lay QC

Killiehibbie
23-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Hibs should seek clarification on the range of the investigation. Ensuring that the Rangers actions during the game are looked at in full.Was there the usual goading and intimidation towards us near the segregation areas? I was lucky enough to be well away from them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Ally McCoist demands to know who the Independent Comission are.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 05:14 PM

There weren't any incidents in the match that I recall. You would have heard about it in The Rangers whingeing press statements if there were.

Maybe they mean the setting off of flares.

Topographic Hibby
23-05-2016, 05:18 PM
There weren't any incidents in the match that I recall. You would have heard about it in The Rangers whingeing press statements if there were.

Songs from...guess who......?

truehibernian
23-05-2016, 05:18 PM

An official is clearly seen kicking a Hibs supporter too.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 05:23 PM

Lewis's vicious assault on Waghorn Pen, clearly missed by the ref as it was the stoniest of stonewall penalties.

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Gordon Smith on the STV news saying Saturday was worse than 1980. He said it with a straight face as well.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Gordon Smith on the STV news saying Saturday was worse than 1980. He said it with a straight face as well.

Possibly the most moronic comment of the day. He started that line on Radio earlier today. He must have enjoyed the attention it brought him. Who did he used to play for before he was missing open goals at Wembley? Cock.

iwasthere1972
23-05-2016, 05:36 PM

What utter tripe. No way was it anywhere close to being as bad as 1980. Saturday everything was under control with five minutes or so.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 05:36 PM

Holy **** I about spat out my T.

If this is the case not wait he used to play for that mob!!

I think I am going to add Smith to those I want banned from ER!!

Peanut Shaz
23-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Independent? Aye right, I'll believe that when hell freezes over!!

Onion
23-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I've got a feeling it's the SFA trying to cover their backsides for their failures in organising security.

On a day that should have been one of the most memorable in the club's history, the SFA, police and security officers let us all down badly. Hibernian FC and the vast, vast majority of the 25000 Hibs fans who attended did nothing wrong other than celebrate a fantastic result.

Regan and the Police Commissioner in charge of security and organisation should consider their positions.

rcarter1
23-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Holy **** I about spat out my T.

If this is the case not wait he used to play for that mob!!

I think I am going to add Smith to those I want banned from ER!!

Im not familiar with the details of 1980. But he is probably responding to the fact some of the Rangers players/officials were involved. This is where Hibs could suffer the most in the end.

ancient hibee
23-05-2016, 05:43 PM
On a day that should have been one of the most memorable in the club's history, the SFA, police and security officers let us all down badly. Hibernian FC and the vast, vast majority of the 25000 Hibs fans who attended did nothing wrong other than celebrate a fantastic result.

Regan and the Police Commissioner in charge of security and organisation should consider their positions.

Surely the people who ran onto the pitch bear some of the blame.As for anyone getting mixed up with players I hope they are identified and the club throws the book at them.

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Absolutely raging after reading this. This piece of pond life is nothing more than a Sevco apologist. Bitter and twisted rodent who can't handle that all he's remembered for is "and Smith must score!"

Velma Dinkley
23-05-2016, 05:47 PM
"Demonstrate calmness, clarity of thought and responsibility." It's only taken Regan three days to show this himself.

stantonsboots
23-05-2016, 05:48 PM

aye and Donald finlay qc and saint walter :greengrin

Onion
23-05-2016, 05:50 PM
"Demonstrate calmness, clarity of thought and responsibility." It's only taken Regan three days to show this himself.

Exactly !