PDA

View Full Version : Boycott the Daily Record

Joe Baker2
23-05-2016, 03:51 PM
It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.

Father Ted
23-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Dinnae go online either, you are generating advertising cash for them

keep the faith
23-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Anyone who still bought it after the keith jackson/Willie mckay Brown and Thommo episode need their heads looked at.

I won't even open a Web page of theirs.

NaeTechnoHibby
23-05-2016, 03:59 PM
I woke up at 5am yesterday and thought about buying the papers... but thought otherwise and decided to wait for todays Evening News, local coverage :thumbsup:

Also bought a Scotsman, nowt much said except the usual "not to be condoned....." :agree:

No over-reaction from them :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 04:01 PM
I boycotted the Record years ago because it's crap.

frazeHFC
23-05-2016, 04:09 PM
If there was ever any doubt that it was a hun loving paper then that doubt has gone. They are seething and I'm loving it!

Monopolyguy
23-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Same for me. I stopped reading the Record a while back as well, any right-thinking Hibee should do the same after this. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with that rag now.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 04:14 PM
That, The Sun and BBC Sportsound.

For their blatant lies which are beyond belief I would be banning the Record from ER and the Sun to boot.

Disgusting the way they have portrayed what happened.

Yes the minority were total A holes and will be caught and punished accordingly.

I am now of the opinion that I don't want Hibs to make any further statement until things are investigated and what exactly the alleged injuries that required hospital treatment!

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Surely not a single soul on here still buys The Record?

It astonishes me that anybody here ever did.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 04:24 PM
It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.

Did it years ago, but you really have to stay away from their website and any links to it.

wills
23-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Can we ban the journalists from said tabloids from Easter road?

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Can we ban the journalists from said tabloids from Easter road?

We're bigger than that, leave that to the wee teams like The Rangers

Ricky Bobby
23-05-2016, 04:32 PM
A no mark paper with no mark journos and rapidly declining readership. Tick tock

Onion
23-05-2016, 04:35 PM

Would they notice ? That rag has as much credibility as Warburton's Magic Hat on Cup Final Day and designed to appeal to imbeciles with chips on both shoulders.

pennyhibee
23-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Today's Evening News brilliant .Special edition on Wednesday £1

Golden Bear
23-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Anyone who still bought it after the keith jackson/Willie mckay Brown and Thommo episode need their heads looked at.

I won't even open a Web page of theirs.

:agree:

I've never bought the Daily Record since these days and I'll never buy one in the future.

Describing that erse paper as a rag would be doing it a favour.

Billie Jo
23-05-2016, 04:44 PM
It is a **** paper, just like the English rag, as others have said full of lies, full of bile to appease the thick morons. Absolute disgusting so called journalism, total affront to real journalists.

#FromTheCapital
23-05-2016, 04:47 PM
Wouldn't wipe my arse with that or the sun.

tomf
23-05-2016, 04:55 PM
In a discussion with my brother on our way to purchase the newspapers, I predicted that The Edinburgh Evening News would have a negative take on what was a glorious day for the capital (witness the headline on the front page reminding anyone who didn't know how long it has been since Hibs won the cup) and that The Record would be biased but even the most cynical part of me didn't anticipate the appalling way they play to their Rangers supporting readership. They should be ashamed to call themselves journalists. I have never bought The Record or any of it's sister papers and I would urge every single Hibs fan to keep their cash and save themselves a lot of anger at the bile it represents and spout. On the other hand, if you want a biased report on what happened, a ridiculously slanted view on what should now happen and to play into The Rangers victim mentality then go ahead and purchase the rubbish.

cam2644
23-05-2016, 04:57 PM
I did read the Record online and agree we should boycott it.
I thought the BBC coverage was poor too. Reading out a list of our cup final defeats at the moment our captain goes to lift the cup.
Planned to belittle.
After all the excitement I had a laugh when remembering the comment made near the end as they were losing the pace badly -"Rangers are going in for the kill"
Not many other countries would put up with such bias.

Carheenlea
23-05-2016, 05:04 PM
I bought The Daily Record, The Sun, Evening News and Scotsman today, purely to keep as souvenirs. Don`t usually buy papers, but have a few from `07 so happy to add to the archives.

BigKev
23-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Boycotted the Record for years. Whilst not entirely sure of banning the paper from Easter Road, I'd definitely ban Jackson purely for his consistent inflammatory remarks about the club and fans.

CraigHibee
23-05-2016, 05:35 PM
never bought it for years and don't intend to ever again, west coast paper full of bull**** full of huns

Green-Hibee-7
23-05-2016, 05:44 PM
It's that prat Keith Jackson. How can he say every player was attacked or spat on - even Kenny Millers wife said it was lies. I'll not lie I've read the article at work today. It's like reading a post on Rangers media or a blog. That rag is a Rangers fanzine. The BBC absolutely intent on dragging us through the mud as well. Like I said on another thread ban the lot of them from Easter road.

ArmadaleHibs
23-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Just announced on bbc Scotland news right this minute:

1. Hibs fans invade pitch.
2. Hibs fans ATTACK rangers players.
3. Hibs fans ATTACK Rangers supporters.
4. Hibs fans fans are all bast ards.
5. Rangers fans attacked in there beds.
6. Rangers fans not even at the game attacked.
7. Hibs fans murder 40 children on halfway line.

Ok, the last four are obviously made up but the others are exactly how the bbc Scotland news has reported it. The way they spoke about it tho you would think we had committed all 7.

What I want someone on the press or media side of things to come out and say "yes Hibs invaded the pitch but you can't fight someone if they two haven't invaded the pitch"

It will come out but it's disgUs ting one sided lies with pockets of truth

Lancs Harp
23-05-2016, 05:48 PM
From tabloid newspapers to tabloid radio and Adrian Durham on talksport (yes you know its going to be total non sense before I even state what he said)

"Hibs fans were a total disgrace but I'm sure the SFA will find some way to blame rangers and relegate them 5 divisions"

Have to admit the second part does have a certain appeal to it.

ArmadaleHibs
23-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Boycotted the Record for years. Whilst not entirely sure of banning the paper from Easter Road, I'd definitely ban Jackson purely for his consistent inflammatory remarks about the club and fans.

Aye. Would ban him forever more from ER or anything to do with Hibs.

You stopped greetin yet

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Reading out a list of our cup final defeats at the moment our captain goes to lift the cup.

If that was MacLeod I'm surprised he didn't say the 2012 score as well, for the 296592852305230th time.

O'Rourke3
23-05-2016, 05:53 PM
I wouldn't go as far as banning the Record and the Sun from ER. Just make it clear that they can't ask questions. If they don't like it, don't come and cover the Press Conference or match etc. We get nothing from them. Our fan base is not grown by the way games and news are reported. I think having alternate views is a good thing so would not necessarily make the only news come out of Hibs. EEN and Scotsman will probably still get sales based on the locals but none of the others.

SkintHibby
23-05-2016, 06:02 PM
Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison. He obviously hates Hibs with a vengeance.

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 06:09 PM
Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison.

Nah. Snivelling toady.

confused
23-05-2016, 06:10 PM
100% agree

AlanGF69
23-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Keith Jackson truly writes some awful crap.

I can't stand the guy!

Franck Stanton
23-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison. He obviously hates Hibs with a vengeance.

Phutt him. He's just a blue-nose no-mark.

WE WON THE CUP --Get over it.

Yes a few thousand over exuberant Hibs fans went onto the pitch - big deal, they were not doing it to fight with the orks, as for players getting attacked - oh really, I have watched all the tv coverage since event, the numerous videos posted on - line and still have to see it. In fact, there is a tabloid headline stating Kenny Miller valiantly fights of a Hibs thug who was attacking him - they print a photograph, - clearly shows the Hibby with an outstretched hand, OPEN HAND, trying to shake Millers hand - Miller has his left hand raised as if waving the fan away. No way was this an assault.
As for the Daily Ranger - wouldn't even read it if it was for free. Haven't for years anyway. Rangers fanzine along with the Sunday Mason.

7 Up
23-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Never purchased a single copy and never will. Poisonous rag.

HibbySpurs
23-05-2016, 06:45 PM
I boycotted the Record years ago because it's crap.

This

linlithgowhibbie
23-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Sorry guys but I bought it today, theres a foto of me, my wife . my daughter and son in law and one of my grandsons, is that a reasonable excuse if I promise not to do it again ?

:gwa:

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2016, 06:52 PM
I dont read the sun or the ******, stopped over 20 yrs ago, mince lies more mince and lies stop buying them and donat thesaved cash to our hefty fine, insert smiley

Hillsidehibby
23-05-2016, 07:03 PM
If you have ever bought that greeting faced weegie rag you have rocks in your head

jacomo
23-05-2016, 07:06 PM
If there was ever any doubt that it was a hun loving paper then that doubt has gone. They are seething and I'm loving it!

Agreed.

I am furious at the smear campaign and determined to right some wrongs - but oh my they are hurting.

Greencore
23-05-2016, 07:10 PM
I will never buy or click on a URL from their site ever again. Disgusting.

itslegaltender
23-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Durham on talk radio is a click bait shock jock. An absolute Arse best avoided.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I admit to buying it but that stopped full stop today, never again will I buy that filthy hun loving rag.

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2016, 07:35 PM
the record was banned in my house months ago

inglisavhibs
23-05-2016, 07:38 PM
No need,never bought or read it for a long time. It's a rag an not just the sport.

Eyrie
23-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I've boycotted it since the day I was born. Clearly I haven't missed anything.

Blackfordhibby
23-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I woke up at 5am yesterday and thought about buying the papers... but thought otherwise and decided to wait for todays Evening News, local coverage :thumbsup:

Also bought a Scotsman, nowt much said except the usual "not to be condoned....." :agree:

No over-reaction from them :thumbsup:

Did likewise yesterday, unfortunately can't get an Evening News here in Blackford. Had to settle for a Courier and Scotsman. Brother going to Edinburgh on Wednesday so with luck I'll get the special.

TheMentalHibees
23-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Is it possible to boycott something you already don't read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brog
23-05-2016, 07:55 PM
I admit to buying it but that stopped full stop today, never again will I buy that filthy hun loving rag.

i live in London, I get the DR every day to keep up with my Hibs/Scotland fix. No more, they can stick it. I'll also be writing to them telling them of my decision. I would encourage everyone to do the same. I'll also be asking them why they've essentially printed an article written by a Sevco PR man, Fat Traynor, as if it was a genuine news item. Goebbels would have been embarrassed to put his name to that article. Shameful!

coco22
23-05-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm re-boycotting it (after not touching it for years) just to make a point. Think the victory and ensuing heights of happiness have stemmed the flow of steam that wd normally be whistling out my ears - just smile and wave

Hillsidehibby
23-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Are we talking about the same "Airdrie Fan" Jim Traynor that used to be on the radio?

Hillsidehibby
23-05-2016, 08:08 PM
i lived in Australia in the 80's, back in the medieval times before the internet was invented you youngsters, and I used to get my mother to send the back pages of the record just to try and keep up with what was happening back home.
I soon got sick of reading about Ally McCoists latest prank and Ian Durrants latest hairstyle.

Crab apple
23-05-2016, 08:54 PM
The Record's coverage is without a doubt the most biased and made up coverage of what at times has initially seemed like a witch hunt by much of the media. It makes little reference to the huns coming onto the pitch and certainly doesn't question their purpose in doing so. No mention that the arse who punched the police horse is a hun. And no mention of the much more sinister snatching of the Hibs kid by the hun. Anyone who hasn't seen the pictures might just assume its Hibs fans that are the perpetrators such is the slant of the article. Why hasn't the hun child snatcher been named in the same way the rag has hounded Hibs fans who were on the pitch.

Don't buy the rag, don't contribute to advertising income on the website and challenge the inaccuracies of the hun leaning journos on their twitter.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Sorry guys but I bought it today, theres a foto of me, my wife . my daughter and son in law and one of my grandsons, is that a reasonable excuse if I promise not to do it again ?

:gwa:

Careful. They'll use that image to make your entire family out to be hooligans out to kill. There's absolutely nothing they won't try.

Winston Ingram
23-05-2016, 09:01 PM

I've boycotted it all my life.

They aren't interested in the Hibs pound, just the Sevconian one.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:02 PM
I still can't believe people "buy" the record...... it's really quite incredible.

SteveHFC
23-05-2016, 11:20 PM
I still can't believe people "buy" the record...... it's really quite incredible.

Mate can i use your avatar for my signature?

Baader
23-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Joke of a paper. Along with The Daily Mail and of course The Sun it's one I will not even pick up a free copy of any time I fly and they're on offer. The Record has been on a downward slope for 25 years. Just an unashamed Hun mouthpiece now. Their readership must be very low as few of that mob can read.

The last time I picked it up was in a cubicle in Milne's Bar on a stag party about 13 years ago. Without checking first I soon panicked when I discovered there was no toilet roll. Thankfully a copy of the Record had been left on the cistern lid. About all its good for.

monktonharp
24-05-2016, 12:34 AM

:gwa: was it your 5 yr old grandson that heid butted their goalie? then parted the plums of the rangers chairman? aparantly a crowd of hibs baby toi casuals ran amok after the whistle.

Leithenhibby
24-05-2016, 12:51 AM
That, The Sun and BBC Sportsound.

For their blatant lies which are beyond belief I would be banning the Record from ER and the Sun to boot.

Disgusting the way they have portrayed what happened.

Yes the minority were total A holes and will be caught and punished accordingly.

I am now of the opinion that I don't want Hibs to make any further statement until things are investigated and what exactly the alleged injuries that required hospital treatment!

:agree: 100%

Hibs90
24-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Another day at work and another day of the Record getting chucked in the bin :greengrin

HibbyDave
24-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Best way to deal with the ****** paper is simply take a glance at it in the shop without buying it then put another paper in front of the stock of ****** papers. That way they pay for printing but get reduced sales as people look elsewhere. Small gesture I know but I've done it for years and I'll never buy a copy of that rag or view it online.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2016, 06:55 AM
My 80 year old Mum has been buying it for years and I can't get her to stop buying this vile rag. Every time I go through she can't help reading articles from it to me no matter how much I plead with her to stop.

I was through yesterday and there it is lying in all it's glory face up with it's contemptuous headline, it was all I could do not to rip it up in her face ha ha. She said she doesn't read that sort of crap and just ignores it but this paper has cleary informed her opinion(on many topics)over the years and there will be many like her.

Ozyhibby
24-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Best way to deal with the ****** paper is simply take a glance at it in the shop without buying it then put another paper in front of the stock of ****** papers. That way they pay for printing but get reduced sales as people look elsewhere. Small gesture I know but I've done it for years and I'll never buy a copy of that rag or view it online.

I like that. Think I'll start doing the same. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
24-05-2016, 07:15 AM
My 80 year old Mum has been buying it for years and I can't get her to stop buying this vile rag. Every time I go through she can't help reading articles from it to me no matter how much I plead with her to stop.

I was through yesterday and there it is lying in all it's glory face up with it's contemptuous headline, it was all I could do not to rip it up in her face ha ha. She said she doesn't read that sort of crap and just ignores it but this paper has cleary informed her opinion(on many topics)over the years and there will be many like her.
Spike, my mum is exactly the same. I will just tell her all about me, you, Mellisa and Marcus all cuddling and screaming at the end of the game, show her the pictures and explain the real stories. It won't help as the brainwashing started very early after the game. **** the DR, BBC,and any ex hun who keeps on talking she ite about the 99.9% of us who had the day of our lives on Saturday