PDA

View Full Version : New players?

ekhibee
23-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Stubbs has said he's identified some players he would want to bring to the club, any suggestions as to who they might be, and who they would be replacing?

J-C
23-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Stubbs has said he's identified some players he would want to bring to the club, any suggestions as to who they might be, and who they would be replacing?

Ryan Dow has been mentioned, also John McGinn's brother Paul from Dundee.

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2016, 11:34 AM
The interesting part for me was him saying "andd not just free transfers, we will be BUYING players".

Aldo
23-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Ryan Dow has been mentioned, also John McGinn's brother Paul from Dundee.

Spookily enough JC, Paul McGinn was standing opposite our group on Sunday.

This was opposite the Harp and Castle!!

madhatter
23-05-2016, 11:44 AM
The interesting part for me was him saying "andd not just free transfers, we will be BUYING players".

You got a link to the interview where he says this?

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2016, 11:45 AM
You got a link to the interview where he says this?

No he said it at yesterdays sponsors event. I was at it.

madhatter
23-05-2016, 11:48 AM
No he said it at yesterdays sponsors event. I was at it.

Wow. Damn, wish I had heard that...

Wonder who we would be buying...

nellio
23-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Interesting stuff.

A striker is a must with Farid likely away and Dagnall not really that great. If we get big offer for Jason I think we would take that as well. Leaving Keatings.

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Interesting stuff.

A striker is a must with Farid likely away and Dagnall not really that great. If we get big offer for Jason I think we would take that as well. Leaving Keatings.

And Jamie Insall. But yeah, you'd imagine well be needing a couple of strikers.

Vault Boy
23-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Exciting times ahead.

corby hibee
23-05-2016, 12:11 PM
I think we need cover for gray, hopefully hanlon will sign new deal, dont see adding another cm with scott martin back from his loan spell, again hopefully bring hendo back for another season, insall will most likely be given a chance pre-season so another striker is needed, imagine we can find another 20 goal season player to play with cummings.

essexhibee
23-05-2016, 12:12 PM
Someone with out and out pace for me. Falkirk couldnt handle that against Killie.

hibee_girl
23-05-2016, 12:13 PM
There's a couple of players out of contract I'd like to see us keep as well.

euro Hibby
23-05-2016, 12:18 PM
glad to see nobody yet suggesting a left back ..........

Stubbs and staff pretty well know what is needed.

Brightside
23-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Slater from Killie?

bingo70
23-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Nikki Clarke released by Rangers, don't know why but I've got a sneaky wee feeling we could make a move for him.

That's assuming those Hibs thugs never chopped off his legs and ate his heart on the pitch on Saturday of course.

madhatter
23-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Nikki Clarke released by Rangers, don't know why but I've got a sneaky wee feeling we could make a move for him.

That's assuming those Hibs thugs never chopped off his legs and ate his heart on the pitch on Saturday of course.

Wouldn't go near him. He is garbage.

corby hibee
23-05-2016, 12:36 PM
sounds like hendo wants a chance next season at celtic, would be very hard to replace.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/23/liam-henderson-is-desperate-for-his-first-team-chance-at-celtic/

corby hibee
23-05-2016, 12:36 PM

We have young mackie for the future.

worcesterhibby
23-05-2016, 12:37 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

high bee
23-05-2016, 12:38 PM

We don't need to be recruiting Scottish Cup losers in this team, onwards and upwards.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2016, 12:38 PM

Haven't we already signed a left back from Raith?

I assume we will be announcing departures today or tomorrow? It will be a hard one for a few of the lads after the highs of the weekend but has to be done.

Numptie
23-05-2016, 12:48 PM
What the cup final showed was that we are great breaking into space, what the league showed is that we couldn't break teams down that didn't give any space - we need forwards with pace and who can get on the end of a cross.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 12:48 PM
Haven't we already signed a left back from Raith?

I assume we will be announcing departures today or tomorrow? It will be a hard one for a few of the lads after the highs of the weekend but has to be done.

Who can be released?
Also the left back from Raith is only a kid!

Ozyhibby
23-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Who can be released?
Also the left back from Raith is only a kid!

I assume that Farid, Dagnall etc will be told they are not getting renewals.

steakbake
23-05-2016, 01:03 PM
sounds like hendo wants a chance next season at celtic, would be very hard to replace.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/23/liam-henderson-is-desperate-for-his-first-team-chance-at-celtic/

I wouldn't grudge him giving it a shot and would welcome him back if it didn't work out. A tremendous player.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 01:05 PM
I assume that Farid, Dagnall etc will be told they are not getting renewals.

Sorry I forgot about them