PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs' future.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 11:12 AM
BBC reporting that Stubbs has announced he will stay with Hibs and has said that he and his team have already identified new signings for next season, when the main aim will be automatic promotion.

FromTheCapital
23-05-2016, 11:16 AM
That makes me absolutely ecstatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GordonHFC
23-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Absolutely delighted if this is the case.

Marco G
23-05-2016, 11:25 AM
BBC reporting that Stubbs has announced he will stay with Hibs and has said that he and his team have already identified new signings for next season, when the main aim will be automatic promotion. The attitude of him and his staff is top notch and we are fortunate that we have people who are not only committed to Hibs but can keep improving us as a club. That is great news and if we can sign the sort of players that have been scouted/signed by us in the recent past I will be very happy and will look forward to next season (not long now!)

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Need to sort out our performances against the teams that just sit in but I am sure Saint Alan Stubbs knows this.

He can do whatever he likes as far as I am concerned, winning that cup will go a long way to keeping him and the players together though, we can and will win the league next season and get back in to that horrific top division.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I have been one of the folk who did not believe he has it to get promoted, but, the way they played on Saturday must make us favourites, and for the cup he can have another year.

I would also like to know if folk have changed their mind also on the ´I would rather win the Scottish Cup than get promotion´theme.
Give me the cup.

Brightside
23-05-2016, 11:29 AM
BBC reporting that Stubbs has announced he will stay with Hibs and has said that he and his team have already identified new signings for next season, when the main aim will be automatic promotion.

The have copied that word for word from his interview at the sponsors morning.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 11:30 AM
I have been one of the folk who did not believe he has it to get promoted, but, the way they played on Saturday must make us favourites, and for the cup he can have another year.

I would also like to know if folk have changed their mind also on the ´I would rather win the Scottish Cup than get promotion´theme.
Give me the cup.

Nope, I always wanted the cup. :wink:

YehButNoBut
23-05-2016, 11:34 AM

Give me the cup.

Nobody would swap Saturday for anything, it was magical.

hibsdaft
23-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Nobody would swap Saturday for anything, it was magical.

the whole weekend was like a dream.

Wilson
23-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Give me the cup.

I haven't changed my mind. I bought into the idea that promotion was the focus. The cup runs were a distraction and a sideshow up until the finals. Even the league cup final brought us disappointment at a time we didn't need it. I'm glad the hoodoo is over. Our existence doesn't stop with the win though. I have one eye on the road ahead and that is the struggle to get out of this division. The same struggle that we have been embroiled in for the last two seasons.

bigwheel
23-05-2016, 11:41 AM
I haven't changed my mind. I bought into the idea that promotion was the focus. The cup runs were a distraction and a sideshow up until the finals. Even the league cup final brought us disappointment at a time we didn't need it. I'm glad the hoodoo is over. Our existence doesn't stop with the win though. I have one eye on the road ahead and that is the struggle to get out of this division. The same struggle that we have been embroiled in for the last two seasons.

Disappointment happens in football, that's the beauty of this game - even when you are the best team you don't always win. We were best team in both League Cup Final and the Play-offs...narrow margins saw us on the wrong side of defeats. One thing for sure though, the players, managed by Stubbs turned up in each of these big games - I can't think of any other Hibs manager who has managed to get the team to do that...I remain convinced he is as good a manager and coach as we have had for years, and that's not cup final euphoria. My view was the same last week.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Give me the cup.

I'm over the moon at our victory at the weekend, but I can't be a hypocrite. I am still upset that our campaign for promotion ended in failure. I wanted both.

Scottie
23-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I'm over the moon at our victory at the weekend, but I can't be a hypocrite. I am still upset that our campaign for promotion ended in failure. I wanted both.
My thoughts too Jim.

Wanted him away before the play offs but he has delivered the Holy Grail. :not worth

Hope he stays and finishes the job in hand. Championship title then a crack at the Premier league.

MWHIBBIES
23-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Need to sort out our performances against the teams that just sit in but I am sure Saint Alan Stubbs knows this.

He can do whatever he likes as far as I am concerned, winning that cup will go a long way to keeping him and the players together though, we can and will win the league next season and get back in to that horrific top division.We probably need to stop being a team that plays to the level of the opposition, happened a bit too often. We have been excellent in both cup runs against SPL sides and poor and lazy at times vs crappy wee teams (like Falkirk)

biotech
23-05-2016, 12:33 PM
He to develop a more physical and robust style that can grind out results against "anti-football" teams that are only interested in packing their defence and frustrating us.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Hero.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 01:49 PM

I now believe that Hibs are capable of anything.

We've broken a 114 year hoodoo. Why can't we win the Championship next season?

:gwa:

HibsNutter
23-05-2016, 01:50 PM
He will stay on as a legend, we will win the league at a canter and then become a force in Scottish Football, time for the fans to get right behind the club and push us back up. We can do it!!!:gwa2::gwa2::gwa2:

sleeping giant
23-05-2016, 01:51 PM
Delighted he is staying.
Let's see what we can do with that weight off our backs.

matty_f
23-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I love Alan Stubbs.

Albanian Hibs
23-05-2016, 01:53 PM
the whole weekend was like a dream.

Yeah it still is. Will take a few days to really sink in.

familyman
23-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Delighted he is staying.
Let's see what we can do with that weight off our backs.
not sure he has categorically stated he will stay, I hope he does as while this season has been mad, the club has turned a corner for sure and so much so we cannot wait for next season to start so we can gain AUTOMATIC promotion........all positives just now so lets keep it that way...Alan will have offers and his family are a a bit away ,but one more year here could make such a huge difference to the team.

Joe Baker2
23-05-2016, 03:58 PM
...is secure

GGTTH!

CalgaryHibs
23-05-2016, 04:04 PM
-----
Yes this is excellent news

scooby
23-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Everyone who's been attending games this season can see that we're playing football again, and with real flair for long periods earlier in the season.
Alan Stubbs and his team have rebuilt our club from the sorry state they inherited it in, narrowly missed out on promotion and the league cup, but finally delivered the holy grail.

I'm happy to forgive them for the latter, because I genuinely think we'll win the league next year. Wouldn't it be great if we also could attract some lapsed fans back, I know people have their own reasons for not attending any more, but a few thousand more each week would certainly help to get us there. This team deserves our support.

I really hope he stays and convinces our top players to hang around for the adventure, because we now have the makings of something very special.

Nobody will forget the weekend we've just enjoyed, least of all the players, if we all pull together Hibs can achieve great things.

:flag::flag::flag:

Niffy
23-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Got to admit I was a doubter right up to Saturday, but now would be delighted for Stubbs to stay.

SJM
23-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Delighted he's staying. Didn't see it coming at all. He's a living legend though and deserves to build on his Scottish cup winning side.

high bee
23-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Clubs were interested before and now he's won the SC and all the coverage it is getting due to our wait, I can see him getting an offer or two.