PDA

View Full Version : Question Would you contribute to a fund to help pay any fine?

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 11:11 AM
This has been mentioned a few times in the last couple of days.

Most expect a hefty fine to come our way, if a fund was started so us fans can help Hibs pay it would you contribute?

FromTheCapital
23-05-2016, 11:15 AM
I'd chip in. I'll admit I was on the park due to sheer emotion but I was nowhere near the rangers players or fans. Just wanted to celebrate with everybody. I'd happily chip in, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJM
23-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Yes.

murray26
Yes..

DaveF
Yes.

Mr White
23-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Absolutely

Wilson
23-05-2016, 11:23 AM
I would not contribute. Generally unimpressed with these go fund me pages and appeals for money for every little thing that happens in the lives of people I don't know. I'm neither so well off or stupid enough to throw money at these things.

Similarly I have been quite critical of our own. Not specifically people invading the pitch. I get that. More the dafties that went too far. Senseless and avoidable. I wont throw good money at that. Would I be expected to contribute every time a hibs fan or two can't hold their liquour?

Hibs Class
23-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Voted no. I wasn't on the pitch so wouldn't contribute. BUT, I will be spending a wad on merchandise in addition to renewing the ST in April, so expect I'll be playing my part that way.

Since90+2
23-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Count me in. No amount of money could buy the feeling that I experienced when Gray scored the winner so more than happy to chip in.

OsloHibs
23-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Yes.

HibbySpurs
Yes. Me & my kids were on the pitch at the end, therefore I am happy to pay for the privilege.

Ozyhibby
Yes, I will contribute.
And instead of handing it straight to the club, why not give it to HSL to give to the club. The money goes to the exact same place and the fans improve their share ownership percentage. [emoji6]

Since1875Hibs
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Yip

Steve20
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Yes

Jay
23-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Yep

Arch Stanton
23-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Absolutely yes.

Any punishment is bound to be delivered in pompous terms - a show of solidarity will defuse this.

Any excess can go to Dnipro fund.

Betty Boop
23-05-2016, 11:32 AM
No chance.

Ged
23-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Definitely.

Let us know when the cut off is and I'll pay up 2 minutes after it :tee hee:

Michael
23-05-2016, 11:36 AM
No...the thousands who went on the pitch should be able to cough enough up between them!

Robinho08
23-05-2016, 11:37 AM
No, already ordered a t-shirt and will be buying the DVD when it's out.

CB_NO3
23-05-2016, 11:39 AM
100% yes. I would even pay double if I could do it all over again.

HibeeLR
23-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Yes 👍

rcarter1
23-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Yes. I would hope that the fine for the pitch invasion and any criminal behaviour are separate. Nonetheless its all going to the same thing, and the Club itself are blameless for both aspects.

cookin_on_gaz
23-05-2016, 11:56 AM
Yes, I would pay. Was on the pitch briefly but would happily contribute up to £50 for the privilege.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
I stayed in the stand like a good boy [emoji56] however I'd chip in to help the club out. Would empty my bank account to experience that wkend again

givescotlandfreedom
23-05-2016, 11:58 AM
I stayed in the stands but don't want the cup to get hit in the pocket because of the supporters so yes.

douglashibs
23-05-2016, 11:59 AM
No. Knowing the likely outcome I managed to control myself and stay in the stand. Those who couldn't control themselves should be chipping in though.

Onceinawhile
23-05-2016, 12:02 PM
No. Knowing the likely outcome I managed to control myself and stay in the stand. Those who couldn't control themselves should be chipping in though.

Agreed.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 12:06 PM
I stayed in the stand like a good boy [emoji56] however I'd chip in to help the club out. Would empty my bank account to experience that wkend again

That's where I am.

Stayed in the stand but would happily help the club out.

ronaldo7
23-05-2016, 12:07 PM
I stayed in the stand, but would happily donate.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2016, 12:16 PM
I stayed in the stand but my wee boy got given a piece of the pitch, so feel I should pay.
Looks great in my back garden. Think I'll get a wee plaque made up. [emoji3]

Andy74
23-05-2016, 12:32 PM
I'd chip in. I'll admit I was on the park due to sheer emotion but I was nowhere near the rangers players or fans. Just wanted to celebrate with everybody. I'd happily chip in, though!

Same here and happy to pay my dues!

Gatecrasher
23-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Yup, I'll chip in!

yekimevol
23-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I wasn't on the pitch but I would happily donate to help with any fine as well as the stubbsy statue fund !!!!

nellio
23-05-2016, 12:45 PM

My feelings as well.

skipster7
23-05-2016, 12:48 PM
I was on the pitch with my daughter,kissed the goalposts and cuddled strangers. oblivious to what was going on with the bams at the other end.Would gladly contribute.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 12:49 PM
Yep.

I wasn't on the pitch but would be delighted to contribute for all you ******* who TOTALLY RUINED AND SPOILED EVERYTHING FOR ME!!!! :wink:

Gwenne
23-05-2016, 01:25 PM
My feelings as well.

First post on hibs net ...no abuse please!
I stayed in the stand crying happy tears & if I am totally honest probably got a bit miffed in the end as I wanted to see a lap of
honour with the cup. Felt a wee bit as if we missed out on that on Saturday....
Instinct is probably to say NO but in reality I don't want want club to suffer financially so I would probably contribute
& have bought my persevere t shirt already ;) #GGTTH

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 01:27 PM
No.
I'd do anything to help the Hibs in an hour of need. This time the bams that were on the pitch and failed to take the hint from the many thousands of their fellow Hibbies chanting at them to get OFF need to be the ones doing the deep digging if you'll excuse the crap pun. You'll know who you are if you are on here...... Get it paid.
As it is, Hibernian will go into promo overdrive (they already have to an extent on here) whilst looking at far more ways to raise deserved and much needed income from Saturday's momentous event. I'll contribute to those.

10mins after full time I wanted to see the silver held aloft followed by daft athletes acting dafter still on the pitch. Not having to look at daft ****s who should never have been near any pitch.

dangermouse
23-05-2016, 01:34 PM
A no from me. Stayed in the stand and our players never got to experience what may turn out to be a once in a lifetime opportunity to parade the cup at Hampden. If the "fans" that invaded the pitch want to contribute then fair enough. Maybe some of them could make a wee bit extra effort and turn up on a Saturday at Easter Road every now and then (not directed at regular attendees BTW).

Still can't believe we are Scottish Cup winners :greengrin

franks
23-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Would rather the invasion hadn't taken place and I could have watched the lap of honour, I didn't go on the pitch myself but know many who did through sheer elation
and I can understand that. Yes I would contribute.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Definitely.

degenerated
23-05-2016, 01:40 PM
I see the huns have already started theirs already.

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/vanguardbears

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

TheMentalHibees
23-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Can we please seperate the bams who caused trouble from the folks who were simply caught up in a moment of emotion and disbelief? Not everybody reacts the same but we all experienced something magnificent on Saturday, focus on that instead of how someone chose to celebrate it. Pitch invasions happen all the time, bar a few idiots this was as innocent as any other. Treat is as such.

FWIW I was on the pitch for a couple of minutes and will happily contribute towards a fund.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2016, 01:43 PM
No.
I'd do anything to help the Hibs in an hour of need. This time the bams that were on the pitch and failed to take the hint from the many thousands of their fellow Hibbies chanting at them to get OFF need to be the ones doing the deep digging if you'll excuse the crap pun. You'll know who you are if you are on here...... Get it paid.
As it is, Hibernian will go into promo overdrive (they already have to an extent on here) whilst looking at far more ways to raise deserved and much needed income from Saturday's momentous event. I'll contribute to those.

10mins after full time I wanted to see the silver held aloft followed by daft athletes acting dafter still on the pitch. Not having to look at daft ****s who should never have been near any pitch.

:top marks:top marks

ekhibee
23-05-2016, 01:48 PM
No.

Totally agree, best post on the thread.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 01:51 PM
No.

:top marks

Still think the aftermath was spoiled by the actions of some Hibs fans. After waiting a lifetime, we have been deprived of the pleasure of seeing Hibs parade the Scottish Cup at Hampden.

Northern Hibby
23-05-2016, 01:51 PM
YES, only reason I wasn't on the Pitch is I have MS, Steps would have killed me before I got to pitch, but I tell you what I'd love somebody who got a decent bit of turf to send me a bit (plant pot size).

I did still think about it :embarrass :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2016, 01:53 PM

Still think the aftermath was spoiled by the actions of some Hibs fans. After waiting a lifetime, we have been deprived of the pleasure of seeing Hibs parade the Scottish Cup at Hampden.

Indeed, no confetti, no fireworks, no players dancing around the park.....Was wanting to experience that, but that was booted into touch.....

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-05-2016, 01:55 PM

Some of the comments on there are incredible. Acciording to one, any Hun who went onto the pitch and attacked Hibs fans are 'brave bears'. Why am I not surprised. 🙄

ChooseLife
23-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Yes, was a pleasure worth more than money

Arch Stanton
23-05-2016, 02:02 PM
No.

The trouble is I can see your attitude staying to the fore in coming weeks. When they are talking about the disgusting behaviour of Hibs fans they are talking about you and me - they are not bothered that you sat in your seat the whole time.

The 2016 is in danger of being remembered as the year Hibernian bams caused all the trouble. Not the momentous event you think happened.

Personally I'd like to see a more positive spin on things which is why I think it is worth my while to contribute. Trusting LD and RP to fix things is being a bit lackadaisical IMO.

And really? You regard all the crowd that were on the pitch as bams? I don't think so!

Kojock
23-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Indeed, no confetti, no fireworks, no players dancing around the park.....Was wanting to experience that, but that was booted into touch.....

Don't forget the sight of the Sevco players lying distraught on the ground, Warburtons twisted puss and watching The Rangers collecting their LOSERS medals.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Don't forget the sight of the Sevco players lying distraught on the ground, Warburtons twisted puss and watching The Rangers collecting their LOSERS medals.

Only interested in our celebrations......Waited long enough, only we could win Cup, and not have a lap of honour

GlasgowHibee
23-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Stayed in the stand, but would definitely contribute to any fund.

Albanian Hibs
23-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Yes my husband went on pitch and took and piece of the turf.

hibee
23-05-2016, 02:18 PM
No chance, the people who went on the pitch to cause trouble can pay for if themselves.

The many thousands of fans who waited patiently in the stands to see a once in a lifetime lap of honour with the Scottish Cup were deprived of this by a few selfish individuals. Not referring to fans on the pitch celebrating at our end (we would have got away with that) just the fans jumping over the advertising boards and trying to get the Rangers fans to come on the pitch. It was a sad sight seeing little kids watching in tears.

Regular Hibs fans will be paying for this for years to come anytime we play them again sadly.

SJM
23-05-2016, 02:19 PM

What was stopping it happen once everyone was back in the stands?

pacoluna
23-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Only interested in our celebrations......Waited long enough, only we could win Cup, and not have a lap of honour
They just done a lap of honour in front of 150,000 fans!

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:20 PM
The trouble is I can see your attitude staying to the fore in coming weeks. When they are talking about the disgusting behaviour of Hibs fans they are talking about you and me - they are not bothered that you sat in your seat the whole time.

The 2016 is in danger of being remembered as the year Hibernian bams caused all the trouble. Not the momentous event you think happened.

Personally I'd like to see a more positive spin on things which is why I think it is worth my while to contribute. Trusting LD and RP to fix things is being a bit lackadaisical IMO.

And really? You regard all the crowd that were on the pitch as bams? I don't think so!

Steady now boy. It's a shame you look on my viewpoint as an 'attitude'. I've not missed a Hibs Scottish Cup tie since the Huns knocked us out in 1981. And I only missed that because of a family wedding. I've pretty much been there and done it. And never once since I started attending games in 1971 have I contemplated getting on to the pitch. Like most of us you'll find.
I never said once in my post I expected Dempster or Petrie to fix things. I suggested that the bams on the pitch should. And they should. And I said as much at ten to five on Saturday, said it again to the prick with grass coming out his pocket on the train back, and I'm saying it again now. Plenty on here have admitted to being on the pitch. Let's see them start publicly with the big donations. Start it now in fact, never mind a crappy .net poll.
Even if Hibs don't want the money, well the admins can find something deserving to do with it. Kicks for Kids, Dnipro Kids etc etc....Positive enough for you friend?

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2016, 02:21 PM
What was stopping it happen once everyone was back in the stands?

Pass, it didn't happen, that's all I am bothered about

macca70
23-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Definately YES for any fine imposed by the SFA, the club shouldn't be out of pocket for tens of thousands.

I wasn't on the pitch but happy to contribute the price of a couple of beers to help out the club.

Absolutely not interested in contributing to individuals Police fines or legal costs, as these folk have clearly over stepped the mark and effectively criminal activity (assault etc), much more than just being on the pitch.

Only reason I wasn't on the pitch as I was up in the upper tier of the main stand, didnae fancy the 20 ft drop down into the lower tier.

Baldy Foghorn
23-05-2016, 02:22 PM

Aye great......

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes my husband went on pitch and took and piece of the turf.

Excellent A. Let him start with the first spondoolies. :wink:

Arch Stanton
23-05-2016, 02:23 PM
No chance, the people who went on the pitch to cause trouble can pay for if themselves.

The many thousands of fans who waited patiently in the stands to see a once in a lifetime lap of honour with the Scottish Cup were deprived of this by a few selfish individuals. Not referring to fans on the pitch celebrating at our end (we would have got away with that) just the fans jumping over the advertising boards and trying to get the Rangers fans to come on the pitch. It was a sad sight seeing little kids watching in tears.

Regular Hibs fans will be paying for this for years to come anytime we play them again sadly.

"Not referring to fans on the pitch celebrating at our end (we would have got away with that)".

Not really, the headlines decrying fan's behaviour just shows the mass of fans by the centre circle.

23-05-2016, 02:24 PM
i'm in!

DaveF
23-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Exactly right.

I was a wee bit miffed at the end of the match at the players not coming out onto the pitch but yesterday washed that feeling away. And the memories of the goals we scored will be there forever.

Certainly not going to let it ruin, in any way, my SC final experience, but if others want to feel humpty about it, that's their choice.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Aye great......

It was. [emoji23]

pacoluna
23-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Aye great......
I can think of more emotional words to describe the feeling.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:36 PM
I can think of more emotional words to describe the feeling.

How about you start off really emotional and get your money where your mouth is?

h18sajrb
23-05-2016, 02:38 PM

Looks like "Stokesy" has donated.

http://s33.postimg.org/xxm0xlfwv/Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_15_36_17.png

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Exactly right.

I was a wee bit miffed at the end of the match at the players not coming out onto the pitch but yesterday washed that feeling away. And the memories of the goals we scored will be there forever.

Certainly not going to let it ruin, in any way, my SC final experience, but if others want to feel humpty about it, that's their choice.

Didn't ruin mine, nothing could, but as its up for discussion and if folks want to get twice the pleasure out of it PayPal is a fine way to start. The Admins can be trusted to handle the funds I'm sure.

happiehibbie
23-05-2016, 02:41 PM
I was not on the Pitch I understand why people went on. It did spoil the lap of Honour etc but i would still chip in

IS THE DVD OUT YET ?

Ronniekirk
23-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Yes no question Some fans were out of order and they will be identified and dealt with
The vast majority were letting and venting raw emotion and celebrating
This s now being used by Rangers o fuel a wider agenda and runs the risk of inflaming the situation further
To ask that we get banned from Europe shows thats hurting them and they want more power on S F A. Committees so hence their attack verbal on Rod Petrie
They have started an ongoing media frenzy deliberately
We cant condone the indefensible , but we need defend our club and unite behind this and support the club in what ever way we can
Its clear we are now going to be hammered and used by Rangers to portray their Club in a good light
The guy brandishing the corner flag was not interested in defending rangers players saftey .He was intent on squaring up to Hbs fans and fighting simple as that
When you look closely at the footage available a lot of Hbs fans moved back when a small number of rangers fans ran on to the pitch
If we had been intent on spoiling for a fight the sheer numbers of fans could of surrounded them but we were busy having a party But hey thats not a good news story the Rangers or West coast Media want to portray
I refuse to let them try and Tarnish out Victory or Besmirch the Clubs name to further other agendas
Get the Proclaimers and other Hibby musicians to do a fund raising concert on Leith Links

pacoluna
23-05-2016, 02:54 PM
How about you start off really emotional and get your money where your mouth is?

Strangely enough when involved in the emotional occasion of congratulating our heroes celebrating winning the Scottish cup down leith.. money wasn't on my mind.

Arch Stanton
23-05-2016, 02:57 PM
This is interesting - the commentary is quite restrained which surprises me because the media reaction afterwards was pretty vitriolic - and it went on for years!

I remember it annoyed me at the time that breaking the goal posts and taking some turf caused such anger. Probably why I am keen that Hibs manage the PR well and why I think fans contributing is worthwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PtQKVsHB70

The talk of having fences to prevent such problems has an eerie ring to it after Hillsborough.

Edit: And I don't remember any violence to speak off - just unspecified drunken and loutish behaviour - unsurprisingly.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Yes no question Some fans were out of order and they will be identified and dealt with
The vast majority were letting and venting raw emotion and celebrating
This s now being used by Rangers o fuel a wider agenda and runs the risk of inflaming the situation further
To ask that we get banned from Europe shows thats hurting them and they want more power on S F A. Committees so hence their attack verbal on Rod Petrie
They have started an ongoing media frenzy deliberately
We cant condone the indefensible , but we need defend our club and unite behind this and support the club in what ever way we can
Its clear we are now going to be hammered and used by Rangers to portray their Club in a good light
The guy brandishing the corner flag was not interested in defending rangers players saftey .He was intent on squaring up to Hbs fans and fighting simple as that
When you look closely at the footage available a lot of Hbs fans moved back when a small number of rangers fans ran on to the pitch
If we had been intent on spoiling for a fight the sheer numbers of fans could of surrounded them but we were busy having a party But hey thats not a good news story the Rangers or West coast Media want to portray
I refuse to let them try and Tarnish out Victory or Besmirch the Clubs name to further other agendas
Get the Proclaimers and other Hibby musicians to do a fund raising concert on Leith Links

All that is true of course, but the thread is currently not about backing the club, rather backing the actions of those that might incur some financial hardship on the club. It's got hee haw to do with that poisonous little **** Alex MacDonald whose dirty wee face has been missing from Scottish Football's face for a happy number of years and long may it stay that way. He after all, was part of a team that were indeed banned from Europe down to the actions of the filth that follow them. Our club hasn't given us anything to defend. They've responded tactfully and I'm sure they will again if necessary. As far as I can see Nicola Sturgeon is ignoring the Huns too. In the meantime, if you were on the pitch, then get the lucre ready.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Strangely enough when involved in the emotional occasion of congratulating our heroes celebrating winning the Scottish cup down leith.. money wasn't on my mind.

This thread is about money pure and simple. It's even got a poll stuck to it. Have you only read the bits you want to start a debate about? Bit daft. There are a hundred other threads about how great everything went. Are you lost?

pacoluna
23-05-2016, 03:06 PM
This thread is about money pure and simple. It's even got a poll stuck to it. Have you only read the bits you want to start a debate about? Bit daft. There are a hundred other threads about how great everything went. Are you lost?

Not Lost maybe dazed from the recent events.

BSEJVT
23-05-2016, 03:06 PM

I am afraid that pretty much says it for me

It was pure selfishness on the part of all of that those participated, regardless of whether they were simply overcome by the emotion (as the vast bulk were) or otherwise.

If 20,000 other Hibs supporters could contain themselves how the **** could you not?

Even then a 2 minute sojourn on I could probably have understood.

But digging up turf, smashing goal posts and now stealing folks camera equipment is a bridge too far for me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-05-2016, 03:07 PM
If the SFA fine us, can't we just pretend that it is actually a loan, and that we don't need to give them the money?

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Not Lost maybe dazed from the recent events.

Time you got your **** together then?

pacoluna
23-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Time you got your **** together then?

No thanks I'm still enjoying the euphoria.

Boyle89
23-05-2016, 03:11 PM
I would pay. I went on and lay on the grass took a photo then went back to my seat. Had no idea there was fights till I was back on the train.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 03:12 PM
No thanks I'm still enjoying the euphoria.

Good lad. Keep some of the euphoria tokens to one side though so we can all watch your contribution when it starts.

MSK
23-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Would prob chip in a quid, mind you, even if I wanted to get on that pitch there was no way I would have attempted it. A couple o beers, the heat and the sheer euphoria turned me to jelly, If I had attempted to move my legs I would probably have face planted the steps 😁

familyman
23-05-2016, 03:35 PM
I stayed in the stand, but would happily donate.
This is tricky, we all want to help the club and there are many ways to do that,
visit the shop buy some gear and attend as many games as possible would perhaps be best..even go to European matches if you can afford the cost and the time.
I can understand folks running on the field and staying there for 5/10 mins tops..but not what we saw.
One way or other we all may end up paying by increased costs elsewhere anyway....let's wait and see .

SJM
23-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Listen, seriously. No issues here and you know nowt.. I responded to a thread on here, something I've been doing for years. Away with that guff.
Last comment on the subject. If you were on the pitch - get the money out.

I wasn't. Will still get my money out too.
No bother. 👍

snedzuk
23-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Yes, I will contribute.
And instead of handing it straight to the club, why not give it to HSL to give to the club. The money goes to the exact same place and the fans improve their share ownership percentage. [emoji6]

This could be a large sum were talking about here. Ozy - I assume if funds are donated to the club they would count as income and attract taxation - if donated via an hsl route what's the position?

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 03:42 PM
I wasn't. Will still get my money out too.
No bother. 

Good to hear, no question.

TAHibby
23-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Was with a younger sibling, saw a large group walking towards our end. Had some fear what would happen at that point, decided to stay put. I think most of the north, especially towards the middle didn't go on? Would consider giving something

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 04:04 PM
Was with a younger sibling, saw a large group walking towards our end. Had some fear what would happen at that point, decided to stay put. I think most of the north, especially towards the middle didn't go on? Would consider giving something

I was in D4 and didn't seem many from there went on. Hard to tell though as I was quite near the front. Certainly no one in my row or the rows immediately behind or in front of me went on.

I'd actually be curious to know how many did go on. The pitch looked mobbed but it looks busy with 22 players and a referee on it. Looking around the stands there wasn't huge swathes of empty seats. It certainly couldn't have been more than a couple of thousand imo.

hibs69
23-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Don't know if this has been discussed in another thread, but is there the possibility of a league points deduction? Now that would seriously pi$$ everyone off, including the folk on the pitch.

But then......., YouTube video of Gray, pi$$ed offness disappears. Hmmm

SJM
23-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Don't know if this has been discussed in another thread, but is there the possibility of a league points deduction? Now that would seriously pi$$ everyone off, including the folk on the pitch.

But then......., YouTube video of Gray, pi$$ed offness disappears. Hmmm

Can't see how. It's an SFA trophy and not the spfl. Chucked out next season, concentrate on league would be the worst outcome.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 04:51 PM
All that is true of course, but the thread is currently not about backing the club, rather backing the actions of those that might incur some financial hardship on the club. It's got hee haw to do with that poisonous little **** Alex MacDonald whose dirty wee face has been missing from Scottish Football's face for a happy number of years and long may it stay that way. He after all, was part of a team that were indeed banned from Europe down to the actions of the filth that follow them. Our club hasn't given us anything to defend. They've responded tactfully and I'm sure they will again if necessary. As far as I can see Nicola Sturgeon is ignoring the Huns too. In the meantime, if you were on the pitch, then get the lucre ready.

Following this one through I've changed my mind until I see how we are doing from those who were on the pitch, I wasn't as it gave the GFA and the virtuous huns an absolute gift - staying on when the rest of the fans were booing it and wanting everyone back on the terracing compounded the problem. I know full well that the skirmishes that occurred bear no comparison to some of the things in the history of the now defunct Glasgow rangers and their stateless fans but we also know their meejah was waiting to pounce and pounce they did.

The truth will out but we can expect a disproportionate penalty to anything dished out for the many hun invasions we have seen or actual attacks on players we have seen too. Had a bit of a discussion with a lawyer in Scotland today who was pretty sure the control and safety issue was down to the SFA who controlled the site and the police who simply weren't ready for the basics of crowd control.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Can't see how. It's an SFA trophy and not the spfl. Chucked out next season, concentrate on league would be the worst outcome.

The new boys will have to go as well then since there were less of them on the pitch, but trawling the websites it looks like they were punching above their considerable weight when it came to the actual assaults - not difficult to pick out zombies - pretty sure they will be keen to name and shame anyone they identify carrying out assaults, hope we help pick out Hibs "fans". Can't wait to find out who the zombie attacking the kid is, for society's sake.

SJM
23-05-2016, 05:01 PM
The new boys will have to go as well then since there were less of them on the pitch, but trawling the websites it looks like they were punching above their considerable weight when it came to the actual assaults - not difficult to pick out zombies - pretty sure they will be keen to name and shame anyone they identify carrying out assaults, hope we help pick out Hibs "fans". Can't wait to find out who the zombie attacking the kid is, for society's sake.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks and I fully agree.

We won the Scottish cup though and I seen it with my own eyes. That's all that really matters.

Franck Le God
23-05-2016, 05:06 PM
I'd be more than happy to contribute. Can't put a price on how I felt on Saturday

HiBremian
23-05-2016, 05:11 PM

Agree, BH. I'm ready to help out with any fine, but my main issue isn't the pitch invasion per se - totally understand the emotion of the moment, even from a thousand miles away - but with whether the enquiry is conducted fairly. All the evidence that I've seen so far suggests any "violence" or "aggression" was minimal, and came from the Huns as much as from the few moronic Hibbies. Any punishment needs to reflect such evidence. My suspicion is that Sevco's trying to shape the agenda as "Hibs violence only" is about one thing only - the Europa League spot and the money that could bring. They might even have been relying on it by 3pm on Saturday for their next round of over-spending. Why else would the Hunsinsuits - as opposed to the hurting Hunsincheaptracksuits - be so quick to release a statement so loaded with lies?

marinello59
23-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Agree, BH. I'm ready to help out with any fine, but my main issue isn't the pitch invasion per se - totally understand the emotion of the moment, even from a thousand miles away - but with whether the enquiry is conducted fairly. All the evidence that I've seen so far suggests any "violence" or "aggression" was minimal, and came from the Huns as much as from the few moronic Hibbies. Any punishment needs to reflect such evidence. My suspicion is that Sevco's trying to shape the agenda as "Hibs violence only" is about one thing only - the Europa League spot and the money that could bring. They might even have been relying on it by 3pm on Saturday for their next round of over-spending. Why else would the Hunsinsuits - as opposed to the hurting Hunsincheaptracksuits - be so quick to release a statement so loaded with lies?

They would have been using the European spot to try and tempt new players to their vile club. I'd love to see Barton backing out of his move and blaming it on failure to reach Europe.:greengrin

HTD1875
23-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Yes. Probably the best moment of my life went flying over the fence as soon as the final whistle went without even thinking pure instinct.

Fishwicke
23-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes if it is the club that is fined. I will always support the club but No to anyone who chose to commit an offence and bring down the name of our club.

eezyrider
23-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Yes I will.

I do undertand why those who didn't go on the pitch might not want to contribute but as one of those on the pitch I have no problems. It was a great party where I was and I didn't see any trouble whatsoever. At my part of the ground - I was in G4 - people were just walking thought the gates that were wide open and was unchallenged by any of the stewards.

It was great day and we won the cup - we should never lose sight of that.

EZ

I understand why those that stayed

Big_Franck
23-05-2016, 06:33 PM
I'd definitely chip in, without doubt. Can't put a price on Saturday.

HibbyAndy
23-05-2016, 06:38 PM
For sure :agree:

rcarter1
23-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Yes if it is the club that is fined. I will always support the club but No to anyone who chose to commit an offence and bring down the name of our club.

Agree. More than happy to help the club on this one. I would also happy to help pay for the legal costs associated with prosecuting anyone involved in attacking or threatening anyone. While there are a good number of culprits from the Rangers side, it has to be said that some of 'our' lot have let the club down big time.

:idiot:

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Happy to pay towards any fine our club gets.

I was one of the fans that ran on the pitch, why? Because I've been following hibs home and away for the last 20 years, I bleed green and when the full time whistle blew it was sheer ecstacy with not a clue what to do. I don't even think I was in control of my body and I was stone cold sober.

I made a beeline to kiss behind the goal line then straight to the hibs technical area with zero interest or thoughts in my mind about the **** at the opposite end of the stadium. Lucky if I stayed on the pitch for 5 mins then straight back to my seat. Complete euphoria

H113EE5
23-05-2016, 07:45 PM
This has been mentioned a few times in the last couple of days.

Most expect a hefty fine to come our way, if a fund was started so us fans can help Hibs pay it would you contribute?

Let these idiots who ran onto the pitch and brought the club into disrepute and made us the headlines for all the wrong reasons, pay the fine. Why should those of us who were as emotional and over-joyed as these clowns but stayed in our seats be asked to pay anything. Jeeezzz some people on this site need to grow up

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Let these idiots who ran onto the pitch and brought the club into disrepute and made us the headlines for all the wrong reasons, pay the fine. Why should those of us who were as emotional and over-joyed as these clowns but stayed in our seats be asked to pay anything. Jeeezzz some people on this site need to grow up
I'll put you down as a no then.[emoji6]

Fwiw I don't totally disagree with your sentiments. However it's all of us who will suffer if Hibs take a financial hit. If some fans want to contribute, and it seems a decent number do, then I'm all for it. The less money that has to be redirected from elsewhere to pay a fine the better imo.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Yes, I was on the pitch dancing for joy, and feel I have a duty. It was something I will take to my grave. I wasn't involved in any violence or damage, just like 99.9 per cent of the other fans who were there, but if it costs the club money, I will chip in. There are celebratory pitch invasions all across the world; it's just a shame a small number may have misbehaved.

scoopyboy
23-05-2016, 07:56 PM

If we were to be stopped going into Europe by the SFA then the Huns wouldn't get the spot anyway.

Cup runners ups aren't allowed anymore so the highest placed League team not already qualified would get it.

StantonDelivered
23-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes!!

HiBremian
23-05-2016, 08:24 PM
If we were to be stopped going into Europe by the SFA then the Huns wouldn't get the spot anyway.

Cup runners ups aren't allowed anymore so the highest placed League team not already qualified would get it.

Thanks Scoops, good to know.

Marco G
23-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Only sanction can be a fine or penalty re next season's cup. UEFA have no involvement here so our entry to Europa League is not in question. That would only happen if a team's fans do something like riot in a UEFA tournament - sound familiar gers fans? - and this is all being hyped up by people with agendas to fulfil. Anyway if a fine happens I will contribute to help out, because we are all family!

YorkshireHibee
24-05-2016, 07:22 PM
I would. For us only though.. .

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk