PDA

View Full Version : Once the dust has settled

Glesgahibby
23-05-2016, 10:33 AM
I can't wait for the threads on here asking,describe the three minutes between!!
The corner,the goal and the final whistle:thumbsup:
so,,
fill yer boots!!

Mr White
23-05-2016, 10:39 AM
A strange mixture of anticipation, disbelief and nerve-wracking worry that we might contrive to chuck it away :greengrin

hibee_girl
23-05-2016, 10:42 AM
I can barely remember those last few moments, I remember there being some sort of confusion over which way the ref was giving a free kick.

I couldn't stop shaking either, it was one of those moments when you didn't know how to react because you genuinely thought it would never happen! :greengrin

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Guy next to me was sitting shaking between the third goal and full time, I was grabbing some other guy and saying "it's actually happening, this is real" I still sort of don't believe it.

Fans of other clubs will never understand what that win meant, and the way we did it was mind blowing.

I'm_cabbaged
23-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Guy next to me was sitting shaking between the third goal and full time, I was grabbing some other guy and saying "it's actually happening, this is real" I still sort of don't believe it.

Fans of other clubs will never understand what that win meant, and the way we did it was mind blowing.

Were you in I2?

BroxburnHibee
23-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Not ashamed to say I bawled my eyes out from 3rd goal to final whistle.

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Hands together praying for the whistle. Big guy in front was crying unable to watch, woman behind me in tears. Utter madness at the final whistle!

Glesgahibby
23-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Me to mate:aok:

CallumLaidlaw
23-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Horrible. I broke down after the goal and that was me in a state for around 15 minutes. Can't even really describe how I felt - was just raw emotion.

Andymac85
23-05-2016, 10:56 AM
I started crying when Gray headed in. I couldn't help it and I can't put in to words how I felt.

As for the last two minutes, I don't remember a thing.

aussie_hibee
23-05-2016, 10:56 AM
Pacing my living room mumbling please please please and just hold on just hold on, over and over and over.
The final whistle went and I sunk to my knees and just started sobbing uncontrollably.
Unbelievable emotions.

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Were you in I2?

nah was in G2, I expect the scene I described was happening all over the place haha

Bristolhibby
23-05-2016, 10:58 AM
I had the unenviable position of being at a wedding and getting text updates.

3-2 I started shaking and went as white as a ghost.

Was fidgiting and pacing, smashed back my drink and then constantly looking at my phone.

FT and the texts flowed in, had to walk away and have a wee cry.

Then jubilant celebrations, was telling anyone who would listen about it and proceeded to crack the champagne out.

What a night.

J

I'm_cabbaged
23-05-2016, 10:59 AM
nah was in G2, I expect the scene I described was happening all over the place haha

Aye, you're not wrong!!!! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Hannah_hfc
23-05-2016, 11:01 AM
I think I cried from the 3rd goal to leaving the stadium, unreal!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
23-05-2016, 11:05 AM
I was gone when Stokes levelled. Then when Gray headed home I cried even more. Strange but I thought there was ages left after he scored, ref blew quickly.

robinp
23-05-2016, 11:09 AM

+1

I am still welling up every time I think about it.

I lost it when i watched Cliffs commentary last night. Having sat in front of him for a few years, I know his passion.

I still feel emotionally, mentally and physically drained this morning. Its been an unbelievable weekend!

lyonhibs
23-05-2016, 11:11 AM
I was gone when Stokes levelled. Then when Gray headed home I cried even more. Strange but I thought there was ages left after he scored, ref blew quickly.

There was. An absolute lifetime I seem to recall, even though it was only 30 seconds.

SJM
23-05-2016, 11:14 AM
When our captain scored the winning goal in the final of the Scottish cup (wow wow wow) I fell apart. Then I stood up hands on head praying we hold on. With all goals I look to see the ref has given it before celebrating and I actually realised the ref gave us that foul. Liam Henderson turning going mad, running to the fans even before the ref signalled will be the memories I will think of when I'm leaving this earth.

Marco G
23-05-2016, 11:16 AM
There was. An absolute lifetime I seem to recall, even though it was only 30 seconds.Strangely calm. The players were not panicking at all, in fact they kept possession and that helped me to believe they would see it out. When ref gave us the free kick near half way line (for offside?) when I thought it had gone their way and they would pump the ball into the box then I felt we would do it.

SJM
23-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Strangely calm. The players were not panicking at all, in fact they kept possession and that helped me to believe they would see it out. When ref gave us the free kick near half way line (for offside?) when I thought it had gone their way and they would pump the ball into the box then I felt we would do it.

High feet. Booked that **** Halliday.

Treadstone
23-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Cheers for that. Was thinking a Hail Mary was coming. Celebrated ref pointing Hibs way like another goal.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM

Love the fact it was Halliday who gray dropped for the winner.

Maybe should have done a bit more pointing to his temple and telling people to calm down pre corner.......

GIRFUY!!!!! HahahHaha

Monts
23-05-2016, 11:28 AM
At the final whistle I started trying to celebrate but my legs were having none of it. Had to sit down for the first time in the game. My head was a mess. What a feeling tho. What a feeling.

OsloHibs
23-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Those 3 minutes were spent screaming hysterically whilst holding the hand of the man standing next to me!
It was the absolute best moment of my life.

Geo_1875
23-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Went mental when Gray scored then stood trembling until the final whistle blew. Then the tears flowed.

Waxy
23-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Bubbling like a bairn. Never felt anything like that.

Yuillsy
23-05-2016, 11:41 AM
Sat with my head in my hands greeting my eyes out. My cousin kept telling me to stand up but I couldn't handle it. I was just thinking "please hold on, we've actually done it".
When the final whistle went my cousin hauled me out my seat and all we did was hug and cry!!

McHibby
23-05-2016, 11:41 AM
My heart was absolutely pounding after we equalised. I remember them coming up for the last corner and saying, "c'mon pal, do it again".... then hysteria. I was bubbling - three times in fact! When the whistle went, then with an old boy who had tears streaming down his face, and then at Sunshine on Leith.

It was just everying.

pontius pilate
23-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Watching the two wee lassies in the stand when Liam went over to take the corner. It was almost like every member from 1D went over to them. Bless them that will be my lasting impression. I still can't belief we have done it. I be a newspaper cuttings seen loads of photos with players holding the cup watching the parade but still can't believe it.

Amazing and can't wait for next season to start. I can't get a season ticket due to Rota changes but will be making every home game I can as a walk up. Buzzing.

GGTTH

BSEJVT
23-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Burst into full blown greetin mode when Gray scored and continued like that till after the final whistle and beyond.

I remember when it went in putting my hand to my mouth and sitting down. I knew then we had done it

I saw Henderson running away before I knew it was full time and that will always stay with me.

I was with my grown up son and daughter and the 3 of us were hugging each other and crying, it is something I will treasure and remember for ever.

I remember the year we won the League Cup and were in the semi of the Scottish a client asking me what it would mean to me for Hibs to win the cup and rather embarrassingly bursting into tears then telling them.

It meant even more than that on Saturday, the culmination of a lifetime of hoping!

I am tearful now even thinking about it and suppose I always will be.

jacomo
23-05-2016, 11:51 AM
I was feeling surprisingly calm.

In the run up to the equaliser we were absolutely bossing them.

Then we made it 2-2.

From my seat in the South stand, nearly in line with the goal, I could see the Rangers back line were panicking. When they announced 4 minutes added on time, my instinctive reaction was 'Good. Enough time to get the winner. We are going to do this.'

I have no idea why this happened. Normally I am a bag of nerves. But I didn't even feel the need to whistle for the end of the match. Somehow I just knew it was ours!

Just Jimmy
23-05-2016, 11:57 AM
I was also in g2. The guy next to me was top class. We were basically talking each other through it. At 1-2 I said to him we're looking likely and we were totally calm. When we scored it was bedlam. Then when we got the corner my mate turned round and said this is it get ready it's happening. I didn't even know who scored I just saw the ball hit the net. I don't remember that to full time. The next thing I remember is a hibs player picking the ball up and I thought it was a freekick and I got jumped on. My girlfriend says I sent her a WhatsApp voice message at greys goal just screaming we've won we've won we've won over and over. It's actually hilarious because you can hear the roar and you can hear my tears at the end of it.

Absolutely magic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reaper
23-05-2016, 12:52 PM
I jumped up and down. Cuddled the guys I was with and the guy in front. I sat down until they lost the ball again from the KO. I watched Liam running away and burst into tears and continued for 20 mins. I composed myself and phoned my 3 year old son at home. He started singing GGTTH and I started crying again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Just utter, utter scenes. Still can't believe it. What a perfect time to score the winner as well!!!

livi hibs 1875
23-05-2016, 01:25 PM
**** sake guys stop posting pish like this on here, I'm crying like a baby reading this

Northernhibee
23-05-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm glad there was no more than two minutes to hold on

Rosevillehibby
23-05-2016, 01:43 PM
**** sake guys stop posting pish like this on here, I'm crying like a baby reading this

This...:flag:

SJM
23-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Love the fact it was Halliday who gray dropped for the winner.

Maybe should have done a bit more pointing to his temple and telling people to calm down pre corner.......

GIRFUY!!!!! HahahHaha

:greengrin:greengrin:top marks

Lancs Harp
23-05-2016, 01:51 PM
I felt strangely confident about this match.

I remember thinking at the fateful corner "this is it Hibs, this time"

Seconds later absolute euphoric bedlam, hugging people I have never set eyes on in my life before (special mention to a particularly good looking girl in the row behind me who just grabbed me :greengrin)

Then a surge of people heading towards the pitch. My seat was an aisle seat and I got knocked over two rows of seats in the rush!

Don't think Ive ever witnessed the emotions I experienced on Saturday.

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Normally I am doom and gloom as been let down so many times by Hibs, but like others say I just had a feeling after Stokes equaliser that we would go on and win. Every attack after that I said to my mate, this is it, this will be the winning goal.

Iggy Pope
23-05-2016, 02:03 PM
I was staring at McLean, GRABBING MY HEID, thinking out loud, very loud, "what the **** has he given here, why is he pointing up the way and our way? Christ! It's a foul to Hibs!!!! Ya bassa!!!!!! Hendo, ****s sake, grab that ****ing ball! **** are you doing Logan you cannae come all the way up there to take it. Back in yer goals man! This is seriously ****ing IT. Get it launched doon to the corner flag! It's ****ing IT!!!!!".

Jones28
23-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Horrible. I broke down after the goal and that was me in a state for around 15 minutes. Can't even really describe how I felt - was just raw emotion.

This x1000000, I was on my knees on the pitch sobbing when my dad eventually found me 😂😂

Lancs Harp
23-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Just to add as a few others have posted. The first I knew it was over was Hendo on the move with his arms in the air. I'm sure he did that before the ref even had the whistle in his mouth :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
23-05-2016, 03:07 PM
One thing is for sure, no matter what Hibs win in the future we will never have a feeling like that again. To end 114 years of torture in such a dramatic way is something that no one else will ever come close to, only our fellow Hibbies understand it.

I was honoured to be there, a nervous wreck and drained by full time, but I would not swap that for anything.

Ginger Gehagan
23-05-2016, 03:47 PM
The couple of minutes between the winner and the final whistle was unreal. Totally mad celebrations when Sir David scored then everyone near me was crying just praying for the final whistle, still can't get my head round the fact we fact WE WON THE ******* CUP!!!!:gwa:

Green Man
23-05-2016, 03:51 PM
When Liam was setting up for the corner I just thought "same again please". When the goal went in I leapt about the living room saying "oh my god, oh my god", I couldn't believe we were about to do it. I spent the next two minutes crying quietly saying "please please please" then at full time I started sobbing uncontrollably. All those years of heartache were washed away. It was emotion like I've never felt before.

One Day Soon
23-05-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm just gonna come back to read this thread when I'm able to read the posts without blubbing. It makes them difficult to read through the tears and I get so emotional I cant remember what I've just read.

Bay Area Hibees
24-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Guy in front of me g6 after 3rd saying this is it. Id lost it by then, legs shaking had to sit down and just prayed. Thought they'd get balls in box and would be panic but ...well we know the rest.

SteveHFC
24-05-2016, 12:53 PM
When Halliday scored i thought ah usual business has resumed.

After Stokes equaliser i knew we would win the cup. I spent the next 10 mins or so after shaking like mad. Then when Gray scored the tears came stream downing my face while going competently crazy and cuddling everyone around me. Ended up falling over a few rows. Best moment of my life. I want to go back to 4.40PM Saturday to experience that again.

Spike Mandela
24-05-2016, 01:06 PM
At the 3rd goal I had what can only be described as a 'whitey'. Seemed to come to shaking, bent over and looking at my feet.

Finally looked around and seen people from age 7-70 from our bus in tears, the rest is just a blur of hugging more people than I have ever hugged in my life.

The greatest moment of my life and yes, my two daughters understand.:greengrin

dangermouse
24-05-2016, 04:27 PM
Talking to my son a 1-1 as he was worried that The Rangers would score. I said "they have plenty of possession but as usual were doing nothing with it, they'll not socre, apart from just now" as Halliday's screamer hit the back of the net. Then came the equaliser and I was jumping around hugging everyone in sight. When the winner went in I was screaming for the full time wistle but my daughter was telling me we still had 90 seconds to go! The free kick award baffled me but who cares and when the final whistle went I wanted to celebrate with my son but he had dissapeared heading down the stairs (stayed off the pitch cos he's a good lad). Hugged my daughter and wife then anyone else I could.

A magical day I'll never forget.