PDA

View Full Version : Lewis' Testimonial and the Scottish Cup

500miles
23-05-2016, 09:15 AM
The right time for a lap of honour at ER?

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2016, 09:59 AM

:thumbsup: Fabulous idea and I can't think of any player who would deserve a full house more :thumbsup:

uk3doorsdown
23-05-2016, 10:00 AM
agreed and season ticket holders get first entry

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2016, 05:20 PM

Bump :)

hibeesathampden
23-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Given that he's the only Hibs player to have won both the league and Scottish cup, surely for his testimonial we could get a 07 vs 16 cup winners game? Would be class

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2016, 07:17 PM
Given that he's the only Hibs player to have won both the league and Scottish cup, surely for his testimonial we could get a 07 vs 16 cup winners game? Would be class

Wow I didn't even realised that, of course he is. He has to get a testimonial and a full house.

zlatan
23-05-2016, 07:29 PM
2007 CIS team v 2016 Scottish Cup team with Lewis playing a half for both and some other legendary ex-Hibees making cameos for either team. Chuck in The Proclaimers doing a few songs before or after and you've got yourself a great day out.

Ronniekirk
23-05-2016, 07:36 PM
What has happened to his testimonial game is there a date set or did they just agree to a series of events ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
23-05-2016, 07:36 PM

What a great idea!!!

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I would love to play hertz

Hibbyradge
23-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I'll do everything I can to attend, whenever it is.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2016, 07:48 PM
McNeil, Whittaker, Brown, Benji? Fletcher, Buezlin, Zemamma, and McCann the only ones still playing football from 07?

Murphy retired - injury
Jones retired - age
Martis retured - age
Hogg retired - injury
Buezlin retired - age
Sproule retired - age

hibee_girl
23-05-2016, 07:58 PM
I'll do everything I can to attend, whenever it is.

:agree: I would hate to miss it!

Super_JMcGinn
25-05-2016, 08:57 AM

Is there really no appetite for this? Come on guys the only Hibs player in history to win both cups, he deserves a bloody Knighthood as well as a testimonial.

We could tie it in with a pre season friendly and make it £15 Adults and £5 kids. I'm sure Stubbsy could get some sort of Everton team up to accomodate, that aside we have to get this done and honour the wee guy.

On another note wasn't he lucky to get away with that 2 handed shove on Shrek, not many refs would have given up that kind of opportunity to give them a penalty :greengrin

JimBHibees
25-05-2016, 08:59 AM
Tie it in with a reasonably attractive English team, Everton would be ideal.

Cabbage East
25-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Is there really no appetite for this? Come on guys the only Hibs player in history to win both cups, he deserves a bloody Knighthood as well as a testimonial.

We could tie it in with a pre season friendly and make it £15 Adults and £5 kids. I'm sure Stubbsy could get some sort of Everton team up to accomodate, that aside we have to get this done and honour the wee guy.

On another note wasn't he lucky to get away with that 2 handed shove on Shrek, not many refs would have given up that kind of opportunity to give them a penalty :greengrin

Don't think anyone is disagreeing with you mate.

Moulin Yarns
25-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Tie it in with a reasonably attractive English team, Everton would be ideal.

Could we not ask Leicester. 2 history making teams, home and away ties?

Oscar T Grouch
25-05-2016, 09:12 AM
McNeil, Whittaker, Brown, Benji? Fletcher, Buezlin, Zemamma, and McCann the only ones still playing football from 07?

Murphy retired - injury
Jones retired - age
Martis retured - age
Hogg retired - injury
Buezlin retired - age
Sproule retired - age

Nah Jones is playing for Hartlepool next season, still going strong:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2016, 09:12 AM
2007 CIS team v 2016 Scottish Cup team with Lewis playing a half for both and some other legendary ex-Hibees making cameos for either team. Chuck in The Proclaimers doing a few songs before or after and you've got yourself a great day out.

Wow. that would be outstanding

lyonhibs
25-05-2016, 09:13 AM
I'd move heaven and earth to be there for that, having missed the day itself.

Future17
25-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I'd be there for Lewis' testimonial - wherever, whenever.

Diclonius
25-05-2016, 09:57 AM

Do us all a favour and suggest that to the club, or one of the fan reps. That is a fantastic idea.

Joe6-2
25-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Totally agree with this, surely a full house guaranteed!!!

SunshineOnLeith
25-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Even if it's just Lewis doing keepie uppies for 90 minutes, I'm there.

Hibby Bairn
25-05-2016, 10:02 AM
All proceeds go towards the fine for invading the pitch at Hampden? :duck::cup:

h1bee123
25-05-2016, 10:05 AM
I would travel up from down south for this game definitely. Would love to see 07 v 16 with Lewis playing either half, maybe we can get Stubbs to play 10 minutes as well.

(((Fergus)))
25-05-2016, 11:33 AM

^^ Fantastic idea.

.Sean.
25-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Do us all a favour and suggest that to the club, or one of the fan reps. That is a fantastic idea.[/COLOR]
Maybe Amit or Frank Dougan could take that suggestion to the board

(((Fergus)))
25-05-2016, 11:44 AM

Murphy retired - injury
Jones retired - age
Martis retured - age
Hogg retired - injury
Buezlin retired - age
Sproule retired - age

Michael Stewart can probably still kick a ball. Get in JC as manager and Hibs could pay-per-view the changing room.

Greendeal
25-05-2016, 11:56 AM

Superb Idea. Add in buckets at the door collecting money for the inevitable fine. How many loyalty points needed per ticket!? :cb

Colognehibee
25-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Agree. Excellent idea. I mentioned in an email to Leeann. Lewis deserves a testimonial and I love the Proclaimers concept.

Could it be for Dnipro appeal or a charity of Lewis' choice?

MWHIBBIES
25-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Agree. Excellent idea. I mentioned in an email to Leeann. Lewis deserves a testimonial and I love the Proclaimers concept.

Could it be for Dnipro appeal or a charity of Lewis' choice?Give it all to Lewis, he deserves every bit for having to put up with Hibs fans for 11 years :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
25-05-2016, 07:30 PM

Could it be for Dnipro appeal or a charity of Lewis' choice?

Lewis deserves to keep every penny and must NOT be pressured into giving any of it away to any charity, unless it is of his own volition and to a charity close to his own heart. The wee guy deserves to keep every penny in my eyes for his service and loyalty to the club.

HibbyAndy
25-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Lewis deserves to keep every penny and must NOT be pressured into giving any of it away to any charity, unless it is of his own volition and to a charity close to his own heart. The wee guy deserves to keep every penny in my eyes for his service and loyalty to the club.

Hear hear !

25-05-2016, 07:33 PM

Thats actually a brilliant idea :thumbsup:

25-05-2016, 07:38 PM

Murphy retired - injury
Jones retired - age
Martis retured - age
Hogg retired - injury
Buezlin retired - age
Sproule retired - age

Im sure Ivan would come back

jacomo
25-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Great idea.

But what do the fans do after the final whistle - invade the pitch or break into the South Stand?

:wink:

danhibees1875
25-05-2016, 07:54 PM
What a sensational idea!

Just please don't make it this July, I'm away all month!

McNeil, Whittaker, Hogg, Jones, Murphy, boozy, brown, sproule, zemama, benji and Fletcher

Vs

Logan, Gray, hanlon, Fontaine, McGregor, Stevenson , Mcginn, Mcgeogh,Fyvie, stokes and Cummings.

Get the likes of Riordan, Ian Murray, and Griffiths back in too for run outs and it would be a great day!

keep the faith
25-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Pre season match to honour a magnificent servant and bring the Scottish cup out at ER??

Make it happen Hibs!!

rcarter1
25-05-2016, 09:41 PM
Pre season match to honour a magnificent servant and bring the Scottish cup out at ER??

Make it happen Hibs!!

Great idea, would be a great way to get the season going. Who to invite? Everton? Leicester? Rangers? :devil:

Boyle89
25-05-2016, 09:53 PM
I'm getting aroused at the thought of this! Now any other suggestion just seems pointless! Please hibs make this happen👏.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-05-2016, 10:27 PM
I've always wondered why nobody has ever put a bid in for him. ...most of our players have been linked with some team over the years but in his entire hibs career I can't remember a single club

Jonnyboy
25-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I've always wondered why nobody has ever put a bid in for him. ...most of our players have been linked with some team over the years but in his entire hibs career I can't remember a single club

Motherwell were interested at some point but were told to bolt :greengrin

Shrekko
25-05-2016, 10:33 PM

Absolutely 100 percent with you on that and I really hope talk of charity is kept to a minimum. Easy for Premiership players on 100k a week to make that gesture but this is simply a chance to give a committed club servant a little bit of financial security and nothing else. Testimonials tend to be poorly attended in this day and age but hopefully Lewis would pull a decent crowd and now is as good a time as any. He is now a club legend and our only ever player to win both cups at Hibs.

DeLaGaff
26-05-2016, 05:15 AM
All proceeds go towards the fine for invading the pitch at Hampden? :duck::cup:

...and Wallace's hospital fees! Is he out the ICU or still in a coma? Might need a few extra donations to kit out his house to help him with "life after the event" - stair lifts, handrails round the bath etc

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2016, 06:53 AM
Absolutely 100 percent with you on that and I really hope talk of charity is kept to a minimum. Easy for Premiership players on 100k a week to make that gesture but this is simply a chance to give a committed club servant a little bit of financial security and nothing else. Testimonials tend to be poorly attended in this day and age but hopefully Lewis would pull a decent crowd and now is as good a time as any. He is now a club legend and our only ever player to win both cups at Hibs.

For a player of his Hibstorical importance and time served to not have been in receipt of a testimonial would be a travesty of justice.

OtleyHibs
26-05-2016, 06:59 AM
For a player of his Hibstorical importance and time served to not have been in receipt of a testimonial would be a travesty of justice.

Not only do I agree but "hibstorical importance" is my new favourite phrase, I hope you don't mind that I will be using that a lot with people from now on : )

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2016, 07:18 AM
Not only do I agree but "hibstorical importance" is my new favourite phrase, I hope you don't mind that I will be using that a lot with people from now on : )

Feel free. I've been using it for a while myself. Donno if I can lay claim to the word but think it's befitting of our magical club.

Skåne Hibs
26-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Could we not ask Leicester. 2 history making teams, home and away ties?

That is a great idea. They'll prob be in high demand for charity matches and testimonials now, but defo worth trying.

Super_JMcGinn
26-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Great news guys, it has been confirmed Lewis has an official testimonial committee, details to be released soon. :flag:

hfcnic
26-05-2016, 10:53 AM

That would actually be class.

Super_JMcGinn
27-05-2016, 09:25 AM
:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
27-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Great news guys, it has been confirmed Lewis has an official testimonial committee, details to be released soon. :flag:

Superb news:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Super_JMcGinn
30-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Hi, I'm sorry I don't. Leeann replied to my email and she only told me he had a testimonial committee and details would be released in due course.

Why not send her an email, she is very good at responding. Good luck and tell Lewis from me he deserves everything he has coming :aok:

LDempster@hibernianfc.co.uk

This is in reply to a private message I received, it says you don't accept private messages, it's also a good excuse to give this a wee bump :aok: