PDA

View Full Version : Question Anybody watched a replay of the winning goal yet?

Newry Hibs
23-05-2016, 08:05 AM
One thing I can't make out is the one player who runs over towards the North stand whilst Gray and the other head to the South.

Just wondered who it was?

PS If K. Jackson is looking in, then it just shows the shocking disharmony in this shambles of a Hibs team.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:06 AM
I just laugh every time I see it's Andy Halliday (hates the Pope and the IRA btw) who is supposed to be marking Gray.

DaveF
23-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Its Keatings who runs the other way.

Sprouleflyer
23-05-2016, 08:08 AM
One thing I can't make out is the one player who runs over towards the North stand whilst Gray and the other head to the South.

Just wondered who it was?

PS If K. Jackson is looking in, then it just shows the shocking disharmony in this shambles of a Hibs team.

I think it was Keatings.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 08:08 AM
It's Keatings. Was one of my favourite memories. Going mental ran the touch line celebrating in from of the north :D

Newry Hibs
23-05-2016, 08:11 AM
Thanks. Keatings then.

I just love picking up different wee bits. The reaction of the Hibs fans is just immense when it goes in.

Is there any wider angle footage that shows Keatings? I like seeing the whole picture sometimes rather than just the one focus on Gray etc - though that is just brilliant.

MyJo
23-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Liam Henderson at the final whistle was class too.

First one to realise the game was over, arms in the air charging towards the dugouts :aok:

Green Man
23-05-2016, 08:17 AM
I just laugh every time I see it's Andy Halliday (hates the Pope and the IRA btw) who is supposed to be marking Gray.

For Stokes equaliser, Halliday had both arms round Gray to stop him getting near the ball. Gray clearly wasn't going to let him get away with it again.

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Anyone know who the boy was that Gray ran to and cuddles when he scores was, he will remember that for rest of his life.

LustForLeith
23-05-2016, 09:35 AM

First one to realise the game was over, arms in the air charging towards the dugouts :aok:

Love his reaction. His contribution to the game will never be forgotten.

hibee_girl
23-05-2016, 09:36 AM

:agree: it's amazing

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Watched a replay? Only several thousand or so times ... :greengrin

Coco Bryce
23-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Watched the whole game again last night.

Cummings was still on the pitch about 10mins after the final whistle he actually had to get man handled down the tunnel by a Hibs guy with a shirt and tie :faf::faf:

Forza Fred
23-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Was only on the replay that I became aware of Stevenson's two handed but half hearted 'push'on Waghorn (?).

gotta be honest again and say that had that been the other way I would have been shouting for a penalty.

uk3doorsdown
23-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Anyone know who the boy was that Gray ran to and cuddles when he scores was, he will remember that for rest of his life.

That boy is Craig, he is from my work - he was buzzing!

hfc rd
23-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Watched it over and over. Simply stunning!

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 10:20 AM

That was how I knew we'd won from where I was sitting and it's an image I will never forget, thanks Liam!:flag:

Haymaker
23-05-2016, 12:22 PM
That was how I knew we'd won from where I was sitting and it's an image I will never forget, thanks Liam!:flag:

Same, I saw the ref put the whistle in his mouth and thought he was blowing up for a free-kick. But liams reaction told me everything was about to get messy.

patlowe
23-05-2016, 12:29 PM

Me too, particularly after his "we've got this" celebration when he scored :na na:

Man Down Under
23-05-2016, 02:59 PM
Two things I laughed at with the winning goal was Keatings running the opposite direction from Gray and the other players because it just happened to be the way he was facing as the goal went in.
The other was when Gray ran to the fans, another player (not sure who) used one of the policeman's shoulders to jump into the celebration, the policeman doesn't bat an eye and just calmly re-adjusts his hat.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
23-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Great video by craigfowler86 on Twitter - can someone post it please on here?

Shows the goal from the press box and the fans going wild.

One Day Soon
23-05-2016, 03:07 PM
Two things I laughed at with the winning goal was Keatings running the opposite direction from Gray and the other players because it just happened to be the way he was facing as the goal went in.
The other was when Gray ran to the fans, another player (not sure who) used one of the policeman's shoulders to jump into the celebration, the policeman doesn't bat an eye and just calmly re-adjusts his hat.

I thought that police officer was absolute class. Took it completely in his stride.

TAHibby
23-05-2016, 03:08 PM

I couldn't hear the whistle, Henderson tearing away towards the south was the moment I realised we had won the scottish cup which I'll always remember now

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 03:15 PM
I couldn't hear the whistle, Henderson tearing away towards the south was the moment I realised we had won the scottish cup which I'll always remember now

It was McGinn picking the ball up that made me realise. I'm thinking, "wtf is he doing? that'll give away a free kick". D'oh! Then it dawned on me ... :greengrin

Not In The Know
23-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Great video by craigfowler86 on Twitter - can someone post it please on here?

Shows the goal from the press box and the fans going wild.

on his feed here

https://twitter.com/search?q=craigfowler86&src=typd&lang=en-gb

check the greetin faces on the other "reporters" in the press box when it goes in.

Pete
23-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Tavernier moaning to the official behind the goal seconds after the equaliser.

If that was the old club the ref would probably have disallowed it.

Quarters
23-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I'm a Wycombe fan with a love of Scottish football and a particular soft spot for Hibs.

Firstly, a huge 'congratulations!' to you all (though that word doesn't really so it justice, I guess). I honestly can't imagine how it must have felt given the history and all but watching the footage from the game and the parade even makes me a little emotional!

Wanted to to draw your attention to my favourite bit from the match highlights: when Gray goes to celebrate with the crowd, there's a lad wearing a white/grey t-shirt and you can see the exact moment when he goes from wild celebration to realising what this really means and clutches his face with the emotion of it all. That, my friends, is the essence of what football can do to you - amazing!

Promised myself that I'll get to Easter Road next season, sometime on the march to the title!

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-05-2016, 04:36 PM
There's a great bit at the equaliser when the little girl hugs her dad - she knows what it's all about.

On the subject of grabbing: it's a miracle gray does get free to score because at every other corner the Rangers defenders took out the attaching players. In fact when miller hits the bar they do it in the attacking box as well. The reason he is in so much space is that the defenders are all taken out.

SonOfDavidFrancey
23-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I'm a Wycombe fan with a love of Scottish football and a particular soft spot for Hibs.

Firstly, a huge 'congratulations!' to you all (though that word doesn't really so it justice, I guess). I honestly can't imagine how it must have felt given the history and all but watching the footage from the game and the parade even makes me a little emotional!

Wanted to to draw your attention to my favourite bit from the match highlights: when Gray goes to celebrate with the crowd, there's a lad wearing a white/grey t-shirt and you can see the exact moment when he goes from wild celebration to realising what this really means and clutches his face with the emotion of it all. That, my friends, is the essence of what football can do to you - amazing!

Promised myself that I'll get to Easter Road next season, sometime on the march to the title!

Is that you robert?

GreenCastle
23-05-2016, 04:40 PM
on his feed here

check the greetin faces on the other "reporters" in the press box when it goes in.

Thanks

Anyway to get that on YouTube ?

Onion
23-05-2016, 04:42 PM
It's Keatings. Was one of my favourite memories. Going mental ran the touch line celebrating in from of the north :D

:agree: :thumbsup:

cozy sausage
23-05-2016, 04:46 PM

Ditto. I had told my daughter (fifth game ever and a Scottish Cup win!) to check her watch to keep track of how many of the 4 minutes injury time had gone. After the goal celebrations, which went on for a full minute, I told her the ref would now add on 5 minutes. So was not expecting a whistle anytime soon (4 mins 21 secs according to Sky pictures). Seeing Henderson put his arms in the air and turn to the dugout will forever be my last memory of the match itself.

craigwilson911
23-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Who is it running out from the technical area falling to his knees? Great seeing these videos back after an amazing day

Quarters
23-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Is that you robert?

Not sure what the reference is but the answer is 'no'.

Joe6-2
23-05-2016, 05:00 PM
on his feed here

Every picture tells a story, obvious who they wanted to win!!!

crewetollhibee
23-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Watch Logan fist pumping the ball to go out just before the end, when a long pass is hoofed towards Tavernier. Different class from the big man.

SaulGoodman
23-05-2016, 05:57 PM

First thing I noticed too! Class!

crewetollhibee
23-05-2016, 06:04 PM
First thing I noticed too! Class!

Yep, me too.

AndyB_70
23-05-2016, 06:09 PM
When you see a replay of the crowd going mental there is a guy wearing glasses with a white top (looks like the P&D windows strip) on under his jacket. He has a mate either side of him. He isn't sure what to do then goes mental like we all did. Makes me smile :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ryan91
23-05-2016, 06:21 PM

It's McGregor that uses the Policeman to launch himself up onto Gray during the pileup

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Who is it running out from the technical area falling to his knees? Great seeing these videos back after an amazing day

Pretty sure it's John Doolan.

The video from Craig Fowler is great. You can see just how mental the celebrations are. I actually stopped my own celebration to look at what was going on behind the goals, I just had to see it and take it in. I then spent the last however many minutes facing the back of the stand, head in my hands willing the minutes away. Turned round just in time to see Henderson tear away across the park and everyone around me go mental.

LaMotta
23-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Thanks

Anyway to get that on YouTube ?

On youtube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD-e1bi0QLo

ronaldo7
23-05-2016, 07:04 PM

I think Liam blew the refs whistle for him.:greengrin

johnbc70
23-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Pretty sure it's John Doolan.

The video from Craig Fowler is great. You can see just how mental the celebrations are. I actually stopped my own celebration to look at what was going on behind the goals, I just had to see it and take it in. I then spent the last however many minutes facing the back of the stand, head in my hands willing the minutes away. Turned round just in time to see Henderson tear away across the park and everyone around me go mental.

It's a great video and I have found myself watching it many times and each time spotting something new and looking for different things each time. Love it.

Onion
23-05-2016, 07:17 PM
David Gray's winner must be the most important goal EVER scored for Hibs.

Hibs need to think of a way to capture it for eternity. Maybe a huge mural for Easter Road, commission a painting (and sell limited ed prints)... I don't know. I just know when I saw our captain leap to head that ball into The Rangers net, it was the most euphoric moment in my football supporting life.

Strange... always thought it would be the final whistle, but it wasn't it was David Gray's goal. Just knew we had this. :flag:

Mantis Toboggan
24-05-2016, 08:08 AM

I love that bit as well. I think it pretty much exactly mirrored my (and likely much of the crowd) reaction!

24-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Watched the goals only about a few thousand times in the last couple days :greengrin

Will never ever get bored of reliving those moments