PDA

View Full Version : BBC morning phone-in.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Aftermeth of the match is the theme of the phone-in this morning.

wookie70
23-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Aftermeth of the match is the theme of the phone-in this morning.
Is that on five live. I'm sure it will be a fair and neutral with a Jambo leading the discussion

hibs0666
23-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Is that on five live. I'm sure it will be a fair and neutral with a Jambo leading the discussion

Bbc scotland

green day
23-05-2016, 08:00 AM
No point listening, will be an object lesson in whataboutery.

chrisski33
23-05-2016, 08:02 AM
I wouldnt even bother it will be more of a rangers phone in

hibs0666
23-05-2016, 08:08 AM
I wouldnt even bother it will be more of a rangers phone in

Keep your friends close and enemies closer.

RoYO!
23-05-2016, 08:11 AM
History is made by those who write it...

Any unbalance needs to be met in the strongest terms

KDY Hibs
23-05-2016, 08:12 AM
Rangers fan on the now congratulating their fans running onto the pitch

DH1875
23-05-2016, 08:12 AM

Bbc scotland

That's even worse.

Colr
23-05-2016, 08:16 AM

Hibs fans on the pitch were celebrating. What were the Rangers fans there for?

Jim44
23-05-2016, 08:19 AM
First caller, congratulations to Hibs, but ............ Rangers fans in great spirits, vast majority stayed on terracing applauding the Hibs' win. Never thought he would hear himself say it but applauded the action of the Sevco fans to defend their players and officials. He definitely saw players being assaulted

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-05-2016, 08:23 AM
This is comedy gold.

William: "there were thoosands"

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Jim44
23-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Sevco fan saying that hundreds of Hibs fans were chalenging invalids in wheel chairs.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-05-2016, 08:24 AM
Sevco fan saying that hundreds of Hibs fans were chalenging invalids in wheel chairs.

No he didn't.

There were "thoosands" actually.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 08:25 AM

I only pray that nobody noticed the small group of Hibs fans drowning kittens and strangling puppies near the dug outs.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:25 AM
No he didn't.

There were "thoosands" actually.

A question for William.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 08:26 AM
Ten minutes into the programme, already a huge suggestion that Hibs were totally at fault, Rangers fans behaviour honourable and admirable. Presenter trying to get Hibs fans to call in with their side.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Ten minutes into the programme, already a huge suggestion that Hibs were totally at fault, Rangers fans behaviour honourable and admirable. Presenter trying to get Hibs fans to call in with their side.

We shouldn't give them the satisfaction.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 08:32 AM
We shouldn't give them the satisfaction.

No need to call. The latest caller has just pointed out that the events that caused all the outrage happened out of camera shot. That's Sky, the BBC and thousands of mobile devices that have missed these despicable acts. It's a conspiracy.

DoocootHibby
23-05-2016, 08:41 AM
So far no hibbies phoned in .... Keep it that way ... It's coming across as its everybody hates Rangers!

Steve20
23-05-2016, 08:46 AM
It's just Rangers fans being sore losers. Not worth phoning in. Just let them get on with it - just shows them up as the pathetic losers they are.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Rangers fans and plants by the sounds of things.....

Jim44
23-05-2016, 09:06 AM
The phone-in stopped at 10 am for the news. The very first thing on the news was a repeat of the Rangers fan accusing Hibs fans challenging invalids in wheelchairs. Despite their problems with Sevco, the BBC are showing which colours they wear.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:07 AM
The phone-in stopped at 10 am for the news. The very first thing on the news was a repeat of the Rangers fan accusing Hibs fans challenging invalids in wheelchairs. Despite their problems with Sevco, the BBC are showing which colours they wear.

They showed their colours long before now. 2014 springs to mind.

High-On-Hibs
23-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Anybody else listening to Archole? :faf:

itslegaltender
23-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Hahaha boy from Strathven saying he decided he wouldn't go in because he was told Celtic fans were going to the game when he parked up!

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Hahaha boy from Strathven saying he decided he wouldn't go in because he was told Celtic fans were going to the game when he parked up!
I can say now with a degree of certainty there will be more than 1 Celtic fan identified on that pitch on Saturday. We had 3 or 4 shouting proddy ******* throughout the match at their players.

J-C
23-05-2016, 10:07 AM
I can say now with a degree of certainty there will be more than 1 Celtic fan identified on that pitch on Saturday. We had 3 or 4 shouting proddy ******* throughout the match at their players.

What a lot of crock as usual from you :confused::rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
23-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Hibs fans on the pitch were celebrating. What were the Rangers fans there for?

guarding derry's walls...or something like that

Geo_1875
23-05-2016, 10:10 AM

Was that Gordon Smith?

Super_JMcGinn
23-05-2016, 10:12 AM
What a lot of crock as usual from you :confused::rolleyes:

I won't expect an apology when they are.

Craig_HFC
23-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Was that Gordon Smith?

Nah, think it was Gail

:greengrin:wink:

J-C
23-05-2016, 10:14 AM
I won't expect an apology when they are.

You can't make statements that you know for a certainty when there is absolutely no way you would/could know if any Celtic fans were in amongst us.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 10:15 AM
You can't make statements that you know for a certainty when there is absolutely no way you would/could know if any Celtic fans were in amongst us.

"A degree of certainty" - in this case 0.000001% :wink:

J-C
23-05-2016, 10:16 AM
"A degree of certainty" - in this case 0.000001% :wink:

:aok:

HiBremian
23-05-2016, 10:41 AM
When will someone call in saying they were sure they saw some Hibbies carrying Weapons of Mass Destruction on to the pitch,I wonder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macd123
23-05-2016, 11:00 AM

They will be more p * * * ed off about him calling them invalids than anything else! I can assure you of that.

scottish_sleepy
23-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I was shocked at the huge number of ISIS flags that those terrible pitch invaders were taunting the poor Sevco fans with.

Disgusting :na na::na na::na na:

One Day Soon
23-05-2016, 11:19 AM
I only pray that nobody noticed the small group of Hibs fans drowning kittens and strangling puppies near the dug outs.

Go to the very top of the class.

DH1875
23-05-2016, 12:24 PM

You probably shouldn't have took them :greengrin

Jim44
23-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Throughout the morning the BBC has fanned the flames with their reporting. John Beattie is interviewing Gordon Waddell. He mainly blames Hibs but weakly criticises Sevco for their shocker of a statement. He said he personally witnessed two Sevco players and one of Sevco staff ( Weir ? ) being attacked and taking a "severe kicking". I've no doubt that a few of our idiots gave some Sevco players a hard time but a "severe kicking"? His programme ended with the reading out of texts which were aimed purely at blaming Hibs and portraying Sevco as innocent victims.

monarch
23-05-2016, 12:45 PM

I can confirm there were a number of Celtic supporters on the pitch - Anthony Stokes, Liam Henderson and Dylan McGeouch and they did do a huge amount of damage (to the Sevco defence). :wink:

bawheid
23-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Throughout the morning the BBC has fanned the flames with their reporting. John Beattie is interviewing Gordon Waddell. He mainly blames Hibs but weakly criticises Sevco for their shocker of a statement. He said he personally witnessed two Sevco players and one of Sevco staff ( Weir ? ) being attacked and taking a "severe kicking". I've no doubt that a few of our idiots gave some Sevco players a hard time but a "severe kicking"? His programme ended with the reading out of texts which were aimed purely at blaming Hibs and portraying Sevco as innocent victims.

There were dozens of cameras all around the stadium along with 50,000 people each with a video camera in their hand or pockets. If anyone has taken a "severe kicking" - especially a Rangers employee - it will have been filmed. Let's see as the evidence comes out...

The club should really come out and stand up for itself now IMO.

Ozyhibby
23-05-2016, 01:07 PM
There were dozens of cameras all around the stadium along with 50,000 people each with a video camera in their hand or pockets. If anyone has taken a "severe kicking" - especially a Rangers employee - it will have been filmed. Let's see as the evidence comes out...

The club should really come out and stand up for itself now IMO.

There is no footage because it never happened. Someone had a cowardly dash at Lee Wallace and has now been lifted. He deserves what's coming his way.
Foderingham got pushed twice but still made his way safely through the crowd by himself. Whoever pushed him is out of order as well.
That's it though.
Within 4 minutes the whole situation was under control.
Apart from not ringing the pitch at full time as has become the norm at these events (not sure why this did not happen by maybe expected extra time), I think Police Scotland handled the situation very well.
Nobody got hurt and they moved the fans back into the stands in a manner that was not confrontational. So well done them.
We will rightly be fined for the damage to the pitch etc and any individuals caught on camera fighting will have to face the music personally but that should be it.
It's not a big deal.
I don't think the club should issue any more statements. It's best to let the news cycle move on. We should make sure we have proper legal representation at the SFA hearing though.

bawheid
23-05-2016, 01:11 PM
There is no footage because it never happened.

That's exactly what I was getting at.

hibbypostie
23-05-2016, 01:24 PM

I know two that were there tickets via the SFA handouts

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 01:25 PM
When will someone call in saying they were sure they saw some Hibbies carrying Weapons of Mass Destruction on to the pitch,I wonder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or maybe someone will phone in and say they spotted Lord Lucan among the Hibs fans.

Oh, and aye one of the police horses was Shergar.

JimBHibees
23-05-2016, 01:28 PM
There is no footage because it never happened. Someone had a cowardly dash at Lee Wallace and has now been lifted. He deserves what's coming his way.
Foderingham got pushed twice but still made his way safely through the crowd by himself. Whoever pushed him is out of order as well.
That's it though.
Apart from not ringing the pitch at full time as has become the norm at these events (not sure why this did not happen by maybe expected extra time), I think Police Scotland handled the situation very well.
Nobody got hurt and they moved the fans back into the stands in a manner that was not confrontational. So well done them.
We will rightly be fined for the damage to the pitch etc and any individuals caught on camera fighting will have to face the music personally but that should be it.
It's not a big deal.
I don't think the club should issue any more statements. It's best to let the news cycle move on. We should make sure we have proper legal representation at the SFA hearing though.

Couldn't agree more. Virtually all the English play offs end in this way without any or much aggravation and if fans noise up or assault opposition players they are dealt with quickly. Hull fan was banned earlier this week. If Hibs fans have assaulted Rangers staff they deserve to be charged and banned for life by the club. Given the amount of cameras it does seem strange there have been so little clear evidence of assaults. Can't stand these invasions as they are dangerous and can take away from the success as Saturday proved. Does need to be an investigation where all are dealt with without fear or favour? Rangers comments are hugely unhelpful at this stage as are the sensationalist tabloid headlines.

Jim44
23-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Going back to Waddell's personal witnessing of severe kickings, he is a professional journalist who would know the Sevco players and member of staff involved. Why did he not name them in his accusation?

lucky
23-05-2016, 01:36 PM
That's it though.
It's not a big deal.

Great post mate, but you never mentioned HSL😄

Kaiser1962
23-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Heard that. Taxi driver told him that the "Green Brigade" were there so he brought his son straight home. Didn't say how old his son was but let's hope he wasn't 33 or something like that.

Here is wings over scotlands blog which is worth a read and blows holes in an already leaky Ibrox spin machine.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

And while there's now about four different angles on the wee boy being grabbed by the Ranger's supporter there appears to be next to nothing on all these assault's on all the Rangers players that we are being told happened? Other than a couple of still's all showing the same muppet apparently swinging and missing Wallace.

I was up the back of section H in the South Stand and was aware that were was a mild exchanging of gifts but nothing more than that. Seen worse on a weekend out. Yet now I was apparently witness to a riot that requires Government intervention.

The only guy who ran riot on Saturday was Stokes.

Moulin Yarns
23-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Heard that. Taxi driver told him that the "Green Brigade" were there so he brought his son straight home. Didn't say how old his son was but let's hope he wasn't 33 or something like that.

Here is wings over scotlands blog which is worth a read and blows holes in an already leaky Ibrox spin machine.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-slight-stramash/

And while there's now about four different angles on the wee boy being grabbed by the Ranger's supporter there appear to next to nothing on all these assault's on Rangers that we are being told happened? I was up the back of section H in the Stand and was aware that were was a mild exchanging of gifts but nothing more than that. Seen worse on weekend out. Yet now I was apparently witness to a riot that requires Government intervention.

The only guy who ran riot on Saturday was Stokes.

One of the G4S stewards has also spoken out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-36361043