PDA

View Full Version : Any of you lot work with huns?

SkintHibby
23-05-2016, 06:23 AM
I walked into the canteen at my work a wee while ago and the seethe was palpable with the congragated huns. "Hooligans" was shouted at me a few times.

The threats weren't far behind..."the guys who attacked the Rangers players are dead men"

Loving it.:na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Yes, one of them is on holiday now until a week on Wednesday - it was a win-win situation for me. He'll be getting it tight on his return.

Killiehibbie
23-05-2016, 06:32 AM
I work in a place full of them and looking forward to my first shift back.

givescotlandfreedom
23-05-2016, 06:37 AM
The threats weren't far behind..."the guys who attacked the Rangers players are dead men"

And Rangers are a dead club :)

kevo1875
23-05-2016, 08:14 AM
If I'm honest the first txt I got after the whistle was from one of them sayin well done better team won

HibbySpurs
23-05-2016, 08:17 AM
To be fair the Huns at my work have been ok today, felt Hibs deserved to win and not overly interested in the ***** their club is spouting.

Enjoying wearing my Hibs tie at work today mind 😎💚

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Don't work with any huns.

Have 1 friend who is a hun, he text me to say we deserved it and has been quiet since, fair play.

Another acquaintance is a hun. He's been removed from my Facebook as his hypocrisy is astounding.

sleeping giant
23-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I have had to remove 3 pretty decent pals from my Facebook.
I could handle a little bit of seethe but they have gone far too far. Cannot believe their reaction.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2016, 08:37 AM
Yes I was the first person a big Hun - saw when he came in.

About the game said the better team won but the aftermath is what they are concentrating on. They are buying what Traynor(?), Jackson et al are selling - 11 players kicked spat or punched. But what about Kenny Millers wife?

"So you're saying to me that Rangers would lie in an official statement?!". 'Yes' was my concise response.

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 09:45 AM
I work with a Dunfermline fan who said that everything about the result was perfect. It's nice not working with any jambos or the rangers fans.

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 09:48 AM
I could handle a little bit of seethe but they have gone far too far. Cannot believe their reaction.

I had preemptively blocked 5 jambos, they have all been very kind with their words towards us so were swiftly unblocked. Ended up having to block a rangers fan who I always had decent chats with until yesterday, wants Hibs basically shut down and isn't willing to concede they sung any sectarian songs, so I just gave up.

DH1875
23-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Living in the west I know plenty. Work colleagues, family and friends, the lot. Ive followed hibs for over 25 years and in all that time none of them have ever bothered or batted an eye. If anything it was a novelty for them to know a hibs fan and things were always done in good humour. For some reason that has all changed this year, even before Saturday. 90% of them have become asp holes with all sorts of crap stemming from them and I've ended up falling out with a few. Since Saturday I've had to cut out contact with a some of them, even a couple of close family members as it's nothing short of embarrassing and I don't want to say/do something we'll all regret.

That said, we have some proper asps within our support. Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday because I'm a weegie. Got pretty aggressive and in my face so felt pretty intimidated, thanks to the proper hibees who stepped in and put the guys right :aok: Put a dampener on my day though.

Prof. Shaggy
23-05-2016, 10:03 AM
There are about 800 of them where I work.
2 hibbies, myself included.

Luckily for them we're all on a long weekend....

SlickShoes
23-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Living in the west I know plenty. Work colleagues, family and friends, the lot. Ive followed hibs for over 25 years and in all that time none of them have ever bothered or batted an eye. If anything it was a novelty for them to know a hibs fan and things were always done in good humour. For some reason that has all changed this year, even before Saturday. 90% of them have become asp holes with all sorts of crap stemming from them and I've ended up falling out with a few. Since Saturday I've had to cut out contact with a some of them, even a couple of close family members as it's nothing short of embarrassing and I don't want to say/do something we'll all regret.

That said, we have some proper asps within our support. Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday because I'm a weegie. Got pretty aggressive and in my face so felt pretty intimidated, thanks to the proper hibees who stepped in and put the guys right :aok: Put a dampener on my day though.

The Scott Allan saga was the beginning of the end for me and my one rangers mate, he couldn't believe how hibs conducted that and has hated us ever since. Saturday pushed him right over the edge.

jgl07
23-05-2016, 10:13 AM
I work in Glasgow.

I will be going I this afternoon wearing a Hibs top.

Most there appear to be Celtic fans but I will see what happens.

The Godfather
23-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Being ex-forces I have lots of Rangers and Hearts mates (even my dads a Jambo). To a man they have all texted or contacted me through Facebook. All basically saying fair result and enjoy the celebrations. My Hearts mate said 'we've (hearts fans) had a good run about Hibs lack of SC glory, but fair play you (hibs fans) deserve this day more than any other club', to me that was just pure class.

We as fans have to acknowledge that in every club their are idiots (we have a few) and other clubs have there fair share (some more than others). But there will be a large majority of Gers fans will not buy into what is being said, they know they have a history that isn't squeky clean. What has been excellent in the past s the professionalism Hibs as a club always shows. I have no doubt that Leanne and Rod will minimise the punishment coming
our way. The class thing to do, is let Rangers try and take a moral high ground, every other football fan in Scotland knows what they are trying to do. As for the Glasgow media, they are simply trying to be as controversial as they can to SELL papers.

TheMentalHibees
23-05-2016, 10:39 AM
It's like a game of hide and seek, not seen any of them yet. Wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2016, 10:40 AM
Not for the first time was I pulled up and accused of being a hun on Saturday

I got accused of that by some wee fuds jumping about outside The Harp & Castle on Sat night banging on the bus windows.

Killiehibbie
23-05-2016, 10:41 AM
I work in Glasgow.

I will be going I this afternoon wearing a Hibs top.

Most there appear to be Celtic fans but I will see what happens.
You might get a surprise about the ones who have never mentioned football.

YehButNoBut
23-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Have been told by my Hun colleagues that Miller was on the ground and was kicked and punched by Hibs fans and that Wallace has a black eye and scratches on his side.

None could show any evidence, there is going to be a lot of lies thrown at us that is for sure.

villager
23-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Just the one at my work. He's a young lad, didn't want to sit in and be miserable yesterday
So he manned up and joined a group of his hibee colleagues and went along to the parade with them.

I joined them for part of the day and he was in good form, pleased for his pals and gutted at the same time. Not so gutted he didn't get on the beers and take in what it meant to everyone down there. Took all the stick he got with a smile.

Respect

degenerated
23-05-2016, 10:55 AM
I walked into the canteen at my work a wee while ago and the seethe was palpable with the congragated huns. "Hooligans" was shouted at me a few times.

They'd be like that even had they won. To be permanently raging is a pre requisite for being a hun

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Green Fish
23-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Saw a couple of policemen I know who are big ger fans at the links yesterday. Had a good laugh wi them, they took it well tbh then they took my can of beer off me so I opened another.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 11:27 AM
My boss is a Hun.

#awkward

DAVE1875
23-05-2016, 11:38 AM
Don't know if there's any Huns at my work. The one's at my dad's work though have been poisonous. I literally had to hijack my old man's Facebook as he's friends with quite a few and they were just pumping out ****.

One was banging on about Kenny Miller being attacked. Responded with a screencap of Laura Miller's tweet and they've yet to respond :greengrin

hibby19
23-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Most of the folk in my work are Huns and tbf they shook my hand and said well done and asked me if I enjoyed my weekend etc. Can't complain about that like

pontius pilate
23-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Used to work with a rankers can. Straight after the final whistle he got in touch an congratulated us as a club and me for being a long suffering can. He wasn't too bothered about the aftermath of has to be said.

Hiber-nation
23-05-2016, 11:50 AM
"Trust Hibs to spoil it. Celtic wannabees".

Needless to say the guy is a complete welt.

hibs69
23-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Walked into the plumbing merchants this morning and was met with, "Oh here comes the hooligan!" from the cream buns who work in there. You just have to shake your head.

DH1875
23-05-2016, 12:18 PM
I got accused of that by some wee fuds jumping about outside The Harp & Castle on Sat night banging on the bus windows.

This wasn't wee guys though, was proper grown asp men probably in their 40s. They were big guys anaw which didn't really help. Wasn't gonna post about it but been playing on my mind all weekend as not the first time it's happened. Put a right dampener on my day if I'm honest.

corby hibee
23-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Most of the huns down here didn't even know they were playing a cup final most likely, but had a few says we deserved it.

Hibs Giant
23-05-2016, 02:48 PM
This wasn't wee guys though, was proper grown asp men probably in their 40s. They were big guys anaw which didn't really help. Wasn't gonna post about it but been playing on my mind all weekend as not the first time it's happened. Put a right dampener on my day if I'm honest.

I can think of a few occasions when we've had infiltrators in our end. Doesn't excuse it though. I'm really sorry to here that, mate.

Winston Ingram
23-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Where do you work? Barlinnie?

Winston Ingram
23-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Have been told by my Hun colleagues that Miller was on the ground and was kicked and punched by Hibs fans and that Wallace has a black eye and scratches on his side.

None could show any evidence, there is going to be a lot of lies thrown at us that is for sure.

Think his Mrs tweeted saying it was all lies and he wasn't assaulted at all.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Think his Mrs tweeted saying it was all lies and he wasn't assaulted at all.

https://twitter.com/Laura_Millerx/status/734132934215667713

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Most Celtic shirts ive seen on show in Central station in my 6 months commuting through. Quite silly really.

SkintHibby
23-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Where do you work? Barlinnie?

Nah, I work in Bathgate but the guy who issued the threat lives in Harthill and said he has proof the whole Rangers team were attacked lol.:blah:

Keith_M
23-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Any of you lot work with huns?

As I live in Germany, quite a few actually :wink:

Smartie
23-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Most Celtic shirts ive seen on show in Central station in my 6 months commuting through. Quite silly really.

Were there not thousands of them out and about after going to see Brendan Rogers getting unveiled?

I'd be surprised if it was in any way linked to us winning the cup.

Cocaine&Caviar
23-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Ahh possibly.

Torto7062
23-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Funnily enough I was back in Glasgow and Hillington today for some strange reason my works uniform turned into the Hibs Home top and Scarfs were tied to my trucks mirrors....joyful is just one word that comes to mind....#badlosers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eyrie
23-05-2016, 07:28 PM
None.

It's a small office, but the three football fans all said Hibs deserved it and were laughing at the Sevco statement. The non-football fans had heard the result and none of them mentioned the pitch invasions when congratulating me.

Aldo
23-05-2016, 07:31 PM
My boss is a Yam and he said it was well deserved victory and that the west coast media has turned this all into a big circus to deflect their defeat!!

As for Der Hun fans the 2 I know really well were complementary to the fact that we had the players to turn it round, they didn't!

The ones I don't know very well said we are going to get the victory taken from us, demoted and banned from Europe!!

Nameless
23-05-2016, 08:08 PM
One lass in my office is a hun, and couldn't wait to jump in and start digging out hibs fans. I blanked her for 7 hours, and she went home in a mood.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

G B Young
23-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Like a lot of fans I didn't even know there had been trouble during the pitch invasion until well after the game, otherwise we might not have stopped off for a couple of pints in a bar with Rangers fans in it. But to be fair, none of them mentioned the trouble and a couple even shook our hands to say we deserved it. Most were more worried by Rangers' defence than talking about the pitch invasion. For me it's the club itself, backed by the Daily Record, who are really doing the most to whip up the fans over this. That Rangers statement last night bordered on inflammatory.

Bostonhibby
23-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Like a lot of fans I didn't even know there had been trouble during the pitch invasion until well after the game, otherwise we might not have stopped off for a couple of pints in a bar with Rangers fans in it. But to be fair, none of them mentioned the trouble and a couple even shook our hands to say we deserved it. Most were more worried by Rangers' defence than talking about the pitch invasion. For me it's the club itself, backed by the Daily Record, who are really doing the most to whip up the fans over this. That Rangers statement last night bordered on inflammatory.

Latter day Kelvin McKenzies and look what happened to him. Time will tell and an awful lot of Scotland are aware of what both versions of the rangers were and are, and they are not far behind on the ******.

We won the cup on the pitch, they were planning to spend money they don't have, now they can't.

hibby6270
23-05-2016, 10:35 PM
No Huns at work. Mostly Jambos and Sellick fans.
I got a round of applause as I walked down the office first thing this morning.
They all know how much a Hibby I am and what the result meant to me.
Fair play to them all.

ano hibby
23-05-2016, 11:49 PM
No Huns at work. Mostly Jambos and Sellick fans.
I got a round of applause as I walked down the office first thing this morning.
They all know how much a Hibby I am and what the result meant to me.
Fair play to them all.

Nice touch from your colleagues that.
My daughters boyfriend is a Jambo & he bought me a wee figure of a Hibs player with 'Winners 2016' on the back of the jersey..was a very nice thing to do & was much appreciated.

Hibrandenburg
24-05-2016, 12:28 AM

Same with me, they all seem to be swallowing this Daily Ranger pish instead of their pride.

cheltenhamhibee
24-05-2016, 12:36 AM
Unfortunately I don't work with any (I use the word unfortunately in the loosest of terms though) but there are 1 or 2 drink where I work, they will be getting it tight when I see them next

truehibernian
24-05-2016, 01:03 AM
My boss is a Yam and he said it was well deserved victory and that the west coast media has turned this all into a big circus to deflect their defeat!!

As for Der Hun fans the 2 I know really well were complementary to the fact that we had the players to turn it round, they didn't!

The ones I don't know very well said we are going to get the victory taken from us, demoted and banned from Europe!!

The SFA website and Twitter feed have us congratulated as Champions, with a video of all our ties towards winning it - not even the SFA would take a cup off the club. Celtic have coined a ref, Hearts fans have attacked a player and manager, indeed Hibs sadly have attacking players previously (Robbo and Goram).

It's a hugely difficult one for the SFA this due to both sets of fans being violent. The enquiry should and will centre on policing, stewarding, ticketing and conduct of fans through the 90 and beyond. They need The Rangers especially in next years tourney purely for potential Old Firm games. They can't expel us without similar sanction to them.

I've watched the whole game back tonight and you can hear various sectarian songs sung and flares let off in The Rangers end. The Hibs fans running towards them and fighting is a spectacular fail and let's us all down - but that's criminal conduct which is beyond both clubs control.

I honestly think this will end up with damage having to be repaid in some way, findings that games at Hampden need more visible police presence at perimeters, and probably the introduction of a short tannoy warning when additional time is announced. Culprits caught and convicted will face lengthy or life bans at club level. Both clubs may then be placed on a suspended sentence type affair. That covers everything but won't satisfy King and Traynor - frankly who cares !

GreenLake
24-05-2016, 03:51 AM
I can't think of any of them I know in California that I don't like and won't go beyond the usual good natured banter that comes from them. I won't be disagreeing with them that our pitch invasion was shameful either if they mention that.