PDA

View Full Version : The Proclaimers

peero07
22-05-2016, 09:26 PM
Hi All,

I'm sure you'll all agree that a major part (or some may say it was the ultimate pinnacle) of yesterday's celebrations in Hampden was singing Sunshine on Leith after Hibs received the Scottish Cup!

But I think it is essential that we remember that the emotional feeling of hearing Sunshine on Leith being played wouldn't have been possible without the musical genius of Craig and Charlie Reid (The Proclaimers) back in the summer of 1988 when the track was released and reached #41 in the UK Singles Chart.

Therefore, I just had to put out this special thanks to Craig and Charlie and say thank you for the music!!

Moulin Yarns
22-05-2016, 09:28 PM
Hi All,

I'm sure you'll all agree that a major part (or some may say it was the ultimate pinnacle) of yesterday's celebrations in Hampden was singing Sunshine on Leith after Hibs received the Scottish Cup!

But I think it is essential that we remember that the emotional feeling of hearing Sunshine on Leith being played wouldn't have been possible without the musical genius of Craig and Charlie Reid (The Proclaimers) back in the summer of 1988 when the track was released and reached #41 in the UK Singles Chart.

Therefore, I just had to put out this special thanks to Craig and Charlie and say thank you for the music!!

I wonder? Would it be possible to get it back in the chart?

Billy Whizz
22-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Were they at the game?

Ilovehibs
22-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Wonder if the cup win will inspire them to write a song about it.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2016, 09:33 PM
They had a gig in Salisbury last night.

Bet that was good :greengrin

Thecat23
22-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Were they at the game?

No they had a gig down south.

DH1875
22-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Were they at the game?

Think their on tour.