PDA

View Full Version : Leith Links Party (Hibs Style)

hfc rd
22-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Simply amazing! Everything from the parade to the chanting & bouncing on the hill followed by a conga and more singing & bouncing, the busker singing various Hibs & proclaimers songs with his guitar beside the old leith academy high, seeing everyone dancing around with happiness. It has just been the best moment in my lifetime supporting this club. Winning the cup yesterday was the best day ever and today's parade and party at the links has put the icing on the cake on a pure magical weekend!

lugz
22-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Leith links was a riot, hibees as far as the eye could see. The hill was hilarious I'm sure videos will surface later.

Dublin07
22-05-2016, 07:43 PM
The malonga conga was truly awesome

djs69
22-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Love it, amazing party

hibsmum
22-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Petrie and co have some questions to answer. We were in Duncan place opposite the families, bus got stopped down from us and stayed there players then went from open top bus to team coach leaving thousands disappointed and so angry. Petrie had the bloody cheek to wave as he went past on the coach.
How something never kicked off I don't know. Told by police Scotland this was Hibs idea, the club seriously have to answer to the fans left seeing nothing.

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Petrie and co have some questions to answer. We were in Duncan place opposite the families, bus got stopped down from us and stayed there players then went from open top bus to team coach leaving thousands disappointed and so angry. Petrie had the bloody cheek to wave as he went past on the coach.
How something never kicked off I don't know. Told by police Scotland this was Hibs idea, the club seriously have to answer to the fans left seeing nothing.

Heard that it was on orders of the police that it stopped there.

Mantis Toboggan
22-05-2016, 09:07 PM

Youve managed to post a negative comment about the club on a thread about an open top bus parade to celebrate hibs winning the scottish cup. Incredible.

J-C
22-05-2016, 09:10 PM
Police reckon there was around 10k there, when the players and families went away the mound was bouncing, brilliant to see with the wee drummer giving it laldy, the wife filmed it, I'll post it when she uploads to FB.

hibsmum
Heard that it was on orders of the police that it stopped there.
Spoke to the police they say it was the club, the guy in charge of Hibs security went passed but wouldn't answer any questions. So disappointed on what should've been a fantastic day.

Hibby Bairn
I actually thought it was pretty poor.

Loads of overly bevvied folk in amongst young families. Sound "system" was useless and could only be heard if you were within 20m or so of the bus.

Should have been a carnival atmosphere but I left feeling a bit let down.

The streets before Leith Links were fine. The gathering at the Links was not.

Oh and a wee thing for me. I HATE seeing sporting "role models" for young kids bevvying publicly. Cummings singing and dancing half pissed with a can of lager whilst young children watch just shouldn't be happening imo.

Fritz
22-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Is this a real post?!

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2016, 09:11 PM

Given the length of time the bus was at the Links, which must have been half an hour..... and given that there were coaches parked there...... didn't anyone think that that was the final stop?

J-C
22-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Is this a real post?!

It's real and it did happen, the open top bus stopped right beside the coaches to take the players away and if you were on the Leith Primary side you couldn't see the players on top, all they had to do was drive 10 more yards and it would've be no problem.

Lee Marvin
22-05-2016, 09:14 PM

Loads of overly bevvied folk in amongst young families. Sound "system" was useless and could only be heard if you were within 20m or so of the bus.

Oh and a wee thing for me. I HATE seeing sporting "role models" for young kids bevvying publicly. Cummings singing and dancing half pissed with a can of lager whilst young children watch just shouldn't be happening imo.

I know. Kids seeing people happy, dancing and singing is nothing other than an absolute disgrace. Cummings should be utterly ashamed of himself.

Gatecrasher

well I thought it was fantastic, kids having fun in the park, adults having a bevie, the sun was shining, had a singsong and Hibs won the Scottish cup!

The players are allowed a drink as well, they are off duty for a few weeks. They've bloody earned it!

easty

:rolleyes:

staunchhibby
Get real there was plenty of chances to see the parade.Not taken long for Petrie to be blamed.

hibsmum
22-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Is this a real post?!
Yes it's a real post, stood down there for 3 hours getting told by g4s the bus was coming right along, family opposite us, what would you think!

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 09:16 PM
This has to be Oxley's fault in one way or another :greengrin

andyf5

Next years will be better!

J-C

I think on this occasion we'll allow him to enjoy the day like everyone else, he's earned it :rolleyes:

hibs0666
22-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Sometimes I think some Hibs supporters could start an argument in an empty room with a gag on.

stoneyburn hibs
22-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Away and lie on your ribs. Fantastic day at the Links.

hibsmum
22-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Youve managed to post a negative comment about the club on a thread about an open top bus parade to celebrate hibs winning the scottish cup. Incredible.
Sorry you find it negative but imagine how my family felt after being there all that time thinking we're going to see something that not a lot of people supporting this club have ever seen and you don't see it

Fritz
It's real and it did happen, the open top bus stopped right beside the coaches to take the players away and if you were on the Leith Primary side you couldn't see the players on top, all they had to do was drive 10 more yards and it would've be no problem.

I know, I was there. And I didn't have a perfect view of everything either. Can't believe the whole Hibs team didn't get off the bus and come and seek me out personally to shake my hand and thank me for coming. Petrie really needs to hang his head in shame over this one.

SaulGoodman
Yes it's a real post, stood down there for 3 hours getting told by g4s the bus was coming right along, family opposite us, what would you think!

If Oxley came off his line this wouldn't have happened.

Mantis Toboggan
22-05-2016, 09:20 PM
Sometimes I think some Hibs supporters could start an argument in an empty room with a gag on.

Some joyless stuff being written. Genuinely dont understand it.

hibee_girl
22-05-2016, 09:21 PM

No no no, everything is always Stevenson's fault! :greengrin:greengrin

Kenny1875
22-05-2016, 09:21 PM

Hahahahaha unreal post.

Argylehibby
22-05-2016, 09:23 PM

I asked a steward when I got there and he told me where the bus would be stopping which is exactly where it did stop. Think whoever you asked got it wrong.

J-C
22-05-2016, 09:23 PM
I know, I was there. And I didn't have a perfect view of everything either. Can't believe the whole Hibs team didn't get off the bus and come and seek me out personally to shake my hand and thank me for coming. Petrie really needs to hang his head in shame over this one.

Don't know if you're being smart or agreeing, I was fine with the view but I could see there were a lot of people behind the coaches who didn't see them on the bus and they were ushered off very quickly.

One brilliant bit was seeing Doolan coming off the bus and letting someone kiss the cup and him hugging a good few supporters, this guy really gets us. :greengrin

SteveHFC
22-05-2016, 09:26 PM
The malonga conga was truly awesome

Was apart of that :greengrin

Green Man
22-05-2016, 09:29 PM
It was a brilliant family atmosphere, aye there were folk drinking but I didn't see any untoward behaviour. I had my boys with me, aged 1 and 5, and folk around us were great, taking care to make space for the buggy and a couple of women had the youngest on their shoulders. I said to my wife afterwards that it was the safest I've ever felt in a crowd, it was a brilliant occasion.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Great day, great atmosohere, great sense of occasion.

Police, or those instructing the Police, ruined the same things at night.

chrisski33
22-05-2016, 09:36 PM

Theres comments on fb too which considering the numbers of folk who turned out they did a good job. Some folk cannae just enjoy the moment!!

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 09:37 PM
It was a brilliant family atmosphere, aye there were folk drinking but I didn't see any untoward behaviour. I had my boys with me, aged 1 and 5, and folk around us were great, taking care to make space for the buggy and a couple of women had the youngest on their shoulders. I said to my wife afterwards that it was the safest I've ever felt in a crowd, it was a brilliant occasion.
Yep, sounds like something happened that isn't exactly in line with expectations so someone has to be to blame.

The first cop I seen told us that the bus was stopping there when we asked him. My mate who was carrying his daughter joked that it was okay as it was a double decker we should be able to see it.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-05-2016, 09:37 PM
My only problem with the links party was that the gates were chained causing a bit of a crush. ..and wee fannies pissing against trees in full view of women and young children

chrisski33
22-05-2016, 09:42 PM

Get a grip they just won the cup! Havent kids seen folk drink before?? In fact kids wouldnt really pay any attention to the drink they have in the players hands!

TrinityHibs
22-05-2016, 09:48 PM
I was the wrong side today at the end. Got a picture of Lewis with the cup. Didn't upset me very much. In fact didn't upset me a bit. We have won the cup FFS

LaMotta
Leith links was a riot, hibees as far as the eye could see. The hill was hilarious I'm sure videos will surface later.

Here you go :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chF6e8TbNhs

mghibs
Was a great day, I reckon the highlight was marching down leith walk and looking back to see a sea of green and white all the way up to leith street!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inglisavhibs
22-05-2016, 09:51 PM

So Cummings was half pissed on a can of lager. Get a life man. The atmosphere on the hill in the links was one of the most spontaneous acts i've seen and only Hibs supporters have the sense of humour to do it. Singing about Mallonga months after he left was class. My children were spellbound and couldn't quite believe what they were seeing. Leith Walk was also class, something we might never see again.

J-C
22-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Here you go :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chF6e8TbNhs

Saves me waiting for the wife to upload hers :greengrin

Andy74
Don't know if you're being smart or agreeing, I was fine with the view but I could see there were a lot of people behind the coaches who didn't see them on the bus and they were ushered off very quickly.

One brilliant bit was seeing Doolan coming off the bus and letting someone kiss the cup and him hugging a good few supporters, this guy really gets us. :greengrin

The bus was stopped at the links for ages. I followed it down, got myself right round the other side of the links, stayed a bit and left and the bus was still there. Plenty of time for anyone a bit further in to get round in front of where the bus was stopped.

I do actually agree that there wasn't really a clear indication of what was going to happen at the links or where the bus would go.

Didn't realise there was a sound system. Didn't hear it. Would have been better to have a set up down there with a proper PA and some speeches and stuff.

Maybe next year.

Nakedmanoncrack
Absolutely outstanding, magnificent culmination to the day.

Peanut Shaz
FFS some folk need to get a life. We've just had the best result of our history and folk find negatives. Maybe you guys should get a life or wrap your kids in cotton wool. WTF did you expect.

LaMotta
22-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Henderson and McGinn performing "Super John McGinn" :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcqlmPnIgk

J-C
22-05-2016, 09:59 PM
The bus was stopped at the links for ages. I followed it down, got myself right round the other side of the links, stayed a bit and left and the bus was still there. Plenty of time for anyone a bit further in to get round in front of where the bus was stopped.

I do actually agree that there wasn't really a clear indication of what was going to happen at the links or where the bus would go.

Didn't realise there was a sound system. Didn't hear it. Would have been better to have a set up down there with a proper PA and some speeches and stuff.

Maybe next year.

We were told where the bus was going to stop so moved 20 odd yards to get a better view which was good but there was a lot of people on the wrong side of the coach who's view was obstructed but hey h it's up to them to get a better spot like everyone else.

The bus did stay there for ages and the atmosphere was superb, so many families, young and old. :flag:

RoYO!
22-05-2016, 10:01 PM

If the bus had gone 50 more metres several thousand people would have got a better view. But hey ho. The Scottish cup is in the bag!

Thegreenside
22-05-2016, 10:02 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 10:06 PM
I'm going to get them to take a flame thrower to all those trees and level that hill so I can get a better view from my sedan chair next year. [emoji6]

Jdawg
22-05-2016, 10:10 PM

Get a grip.

Jdawg
22-05-2016, 10:11 PM
How something never kicked off I don't know. Told by police Scotland this was Hibs idea, the club seriously have to answer to the fans left seeing nothing. only question is after the last 24 hours, you post this. Why?

Would hate to see you unhappy.

lugz
22-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I was up at the school end and was a fair distance away from the bus but honestly I could not care less. I saw the team on the bus with that beautiful trophy, everyone was having a great time dancing and singing.

Some people as expected had far too much to drink before it and were being twats but nothing could ruin this weekend.

Having the pleasure of taking my 3 yr old daughter down to see it and have her chanting hibees hibees (she's never even been to a game before) while on my shoulders is something that will live with me forever.

basehibby
22-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Makes me laugh that some folk get in such a raving fankle about Cup Parading celebrations - was the same when we won the LC in 2007 with some moaning faced disasters bumping their gums relentlessly about arrangements for parading the trophy at ER afterwards.

Get over it FFS - we've won the cup and it'll be there for a year - if anyone's all that bothered about clapping eyes on it I'm sure the opportunity will be there to see it close up when you have your photo taken with it (for a small consideration) in the months to come.

nic81
22-05-2016, 10:22 PM
:greengrin Surely both posts are a wind up!!!

only question is after the last 24 hours, you post this. Why?

Would hate to see you unhappy.

matty_f
22-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Thought it was great, personally. Hibs+Scottish Cup+tens of thousands of Hibees. Perfect.

hibby6270
22-05-2016, 10:44 PM
I was in Queen Charlotte Street, corner of Johns Place. The crowds there weren't too bad. Could see the masses on the hill and round about in the Links itself. Thought I'd wait there get a few close up pics and then head up to the huge throng of Hibbies in the Links straight after.

Anyway. I got talking to this very nice Asian couple. They were really excited and couldn't wait for the bus to come round from Constitution Street. They kept saying "our son is on the bus you know. It'll be great to see him there". Thought maybe he'd won a competition to be on the bus with players or something like that.

How wrong I was. After a bit more chat, it transpired they were Amit Moudgil's mum and dad. So proud of their laddie and all he does as the fans rep on the Hibs board. I'll not divulge a couple of things they told me both current and from the past as I'm sure Amit would be well embarrassed.

It was a pleasure to meet them and just added to the overall delight this weekend has been. Today topped it off just nicely. GGTTH

marinello59
22-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Thought it was great, personally. Hibs+Scottish Cup+tens of thousands of Hibees. Perfect.

I thought the invasion of Leith Links by the Hibs fans was a disgrace. Have these people no shame?

Signed

Jim Traynor

Cabbage Lad
22-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Saw the bus come from opposite the Playhouse with my family. Walked down to the links with my 1 year old and 4 year old in tow. Brilliant atmosphere. Not a hint of trouble. People going out of their way to interact with my kids who were rolling down the hill having a great time whilst I stood watching proud as punch. Ggtth we finally did it and it was magnificent [emoji172]

Ryan91
22-05-2016, 10:53 PM
The Links was superb, just a shame that speakers weren't dotted around the links a bit more as it looks to me like there were speeches made from atop the bus given that there were speakers on it. However being around 100yd away was unable to hear anything.

The whole parade was a sight to behold, Green and White as far as the eye could see both looking down the Walk and looking up the Walk, glorious sunshine (the Chief was certainly smiling on Leith!) and a carnival atmosphere, all of it shared with family and friends, and of course the wider Hibernian Family as a whole.

It was a day like no other, and one that I don't think will ever be eclipsed.

The past two days have been simply magical, the atmosphere around Leith has just been incredible, Green and White everyone, high fiveing and hugging random strangers in the street, I only wish it could go on forever

Craig_HFC
22-05-2016, 10:53 PM
Top class

https://vimeo.com/167662262

SteveHFC
22-05-2016, 10:55 PM
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13238894_1036371566400233_6103777181868111620_n.jp g?oh=78153ab7f423fc003c9b71e276c19787&oe=57D9702A

Even bumped into Haymaker :hyper

OsloHibs
22-05-2016, 11:02 PM

He isn't your childs role model. You are.

Gogs07
22-05-2016, 11:30 PM
Stop moaning!.
A great day out with the walk via the High Street, all the way doon Leith Walk with lots of singing and a great atmosphere at the Links.
Roll on next year!

ShinyFantastic
22-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Simply magical day. Will never ever forget it.

trev the hat
22-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Top class

Massive LIKE

Alex Trager
23-05-2016, 02:24 AM

Love it.

northstandhibby
23-05-2016, 02:58 AM

And you would have me publicly flogged for enjoying the whole spectrum. Imagine the thought of people actually
enjoying themselves! OMG!

Bevvying publicly! OMG! You sound like a Presbytarian hauf wit! Come on, be a bit more cosmopolitan and liberal Like the rest of us.

Come on be a human being it's natural you know!

alnewhaven
23-05-2016, 04:56 AM
I was "wrong " side of the bus but got some reasonable pics.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/dd74b6b23aa59ba3789d6d4e6a8f0df5.jpg

Forza Fred
23-05-2016, 05:32 AM
I've recently subscribed to Hibs TV.

I think the least the club could have done was drive the bus up my street.......

HappyHanlon
23-05-2016, 05:49 AM

"How something never kicked off I don't know"

Erm....cause we won the Scottish Cup!

Piss off with your negative thoughts btw! Hibs don't have to answer to anyone, especially you! I was standing at that bit too and it's the best weekend of my life.

GordonR
23-05-2016, 05:59 AM
THIS THING HAPPENED THAT DIDN'T SUIT MY EXACT PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS. NOW, LIKE JUST ANY OTHER ENTITLED PR1CK, I'M GOING TO COME ON HERE AND MOAN ABOUT IT!

And how dare Petrie happily wave at fans on the best weekend of his career at Hibs. The man's a disgrace!!!

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 06:04 AM

I was quite happy with the arrangements!

Speedy
23-05-2016, 06:38 AM
My only problem with the links party was that the gates were chained causing a bit of a crush. ..and wee fannies pissing against trees in full view of women and young children

To be expected really.

Were there any toilets?

Speedy
23-05-2016, 07:12 AM

To be expected really.

Were there any toilets?

JimBHibees
23-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Top class

Absolutely brilliant.

gav71
23-05-2016, 07:48 AM
I was told the same was one of the people that was near the family's but do you know what I still loved it we are Hibernian fc

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Sorry you find it negative but imagine how my family felt after being there all that time thinking we're going to see something that not a lot of people supporting this club have ever seen and you don't see it

Had someone glued your shoes to the ground? You could've moved.

Amit
23-05-2016, 07:16 PM
I was in Queen Charlotte Street, corner of Johns Place. The crowds there weren't too bad. Could see the masses on the hill and round about in the Links itself. Thought I'd wait there get a few close up pics and then head up to the huge throng of Hibbies in the Links straight after.

Anyway. I got talking to this very nice Asian couple. They were really excited and couldn't wait for the bus to come round from Constitution Street. They kept saying "our son is on the bus you know. It'll be great to see him there". Thought maybe he'd won a competition to be on the bus with players or something like that.

How wrong I was. After a bit more chat, it transpired they were Amit Moudgil's mum and dad. So proud of their laddie and all he does as the fans rep on the Hibs board. I'll not divulge a couple of things they told me both current and from the past as I'm sure Amit would be well embarrassed.

It was a pleasure to meet them and just added to the overall delight this weekend has been. Today topped it off just nicely. GGTTH

Hi,

My parents said it was really nice to meet and speak you on what was an amazing unforgettable day for all Hibs supporters.

Apologies if my mum went on! She's a chatterbox...!

Cheers,

Amit

CB_NO3
23-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Tory by name, tory by nature.

LustForLeith
23-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Loved it when Eng!and won the Ashes I think it was and a lot of the players turned up the next day bevvied. Big Freddie Flintoff in parficular!

Edson Arantes
23-05-2016, 09:30 PM

You could have left it for a couple of days no?

Negative on a positive.

Bishop Hibee
23-05-2016, 09:38 PM
We had a great spot on the Links and enjoyed it. The P.A. was rubbish though. A stage on the Links would have been brilliant. Next time.

One Day Soon
23-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Seriously? One or two comments here are a but like dying and going to heaven only to complain about the colour scheme.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Loved it when Eng!and won the Ashes I think it was and a lot of the players turned up the next day bevvied. Big Freddie Flintoff in parficular!

That really was superb.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 09:47 PM
We stood at Queen Vics statue at the foot of the walk then followed the bus to the links. Absolutely brilliant scenes that will live with me and my family for ever. It's going to be a while before I come down properly.