PDA

View Full Version : New Statement from The Rangers.

Pages : [1] 2 3

GlasgowHibee
22-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Taken straight from their website.

Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian’s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday’s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted. We have not even had the courtesy of any contact whatsoever from Hibernian to ask after the wellbeing of those who were attacked by their club’s supporters.There must be a full independent investigation into the shameful scenes at Hampden. Rangers is also at a complete loss to understand why certain individuals have hastily attempted to gloss over the appalling events which unfolded at the end of Saturday’s final.

No matter how many times Hibernian’s chairman and Scottish FA vice-chairman, Rod Petrie, and certain other biased commentators wish to play down Saturday’s mayhem and violence, the truth must not be distorted. What unfolded on Saturday cannot and must not be put down to exuberance. That is a complete insult to Rangers, our supporters, and those individuals who were intimidated and attacked.
It was clear to most of those who watched in horror that the Scottish FA’s security procedures failed when Hibernian’s fans went over the top in their thousands. It is to be hoped that all of Scottish football will share Rangers’ disgust and any attempts to attach blame to our supporters for the disgraceful and violent behaviour, which led to our players and fans fearing for their safety, will not be accepted or tolerated by this Club.

We acknowledge that a tiny minority of Rangers fans also encroached on the pitch but only after having been faced with prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them. Any club’s supporters would have done the same. This distressing and deeply disturbing episode would never have happened had Hibs fans behaved properly but as they swarmed across the pitch it became immediately obvious that the security procedures were inadequate and had failed.

These fans were allowed to rush, unchecked, towards Rangers supporters at the opposite end of the stadium – all the while goading and threatening them. This makes it preposterous to suggest Rangers fans were somehow to blame as some commentators appear anxious to do. This thuggish behaviour must be investigated and as many culprits as possible brought to book and formally charged. This is the second time in a year that Rangers fans have had to endure attacks by another club’s supporters.
It must also be said that it was not at all helpful to see leading members of the Scottish Government, including the First Minister whose parish is Govan, passing comment on social media without any attempt to condemn the behaviour of Hibernian’s fans. These failures are unbecoming of our elected representatives.

Certain media outlets have also attempted to distort reality. In the case of the BBC this is, of course, not news. BBC employees, in particular Stuart Cosgrove, believe Rod Petrie’s comments to be ‘balanced’ and others speak of a ‘minority’ of Hibernian supporters. Another, Tom English, who was not even at the match, would prefer the authorities to focus on Rangers fans’ reaction. We will not endure this insult.
So, let everyone be clear on one thing – Rangers demands that players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of other clubs. Rangers fully expects the Scottish FA and Police Scotland to take action to provide our people with a safe environment. When players are unable to accept medals at the end of a final because of fears for their safety and our supporters are alarmed and extremely concerned for the women and children among them, then surely every step must be taken to ensure that this is never repeated.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/club-statement-60/

bawheid
22-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Stopped reading after one paragraph. Moaning sour grapes sodden c*****. Roond ye.

hibee_girl
22-05-2016, 05:48 PM
More woe is us nonsense.

No mention of the dangerous flares their fans had etc.

Andy74
22-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Wow.

Diclonius
22-05-2016, 05:49 PM
I won't even dignify that bull**** with a response.

Andy74
22-05-2016, 05:50 PM

The more people see that the better for us. Best to just leave it out there.

SaulGoodman
Holy ****. The gift that keeps on giving :hilarious

Westie1875
They're embarrassing themselves now - they need to leave it alone and let the authorities deal with it.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2016, 05:51 PM
Stopped reading after one paragraph. Moaning sour grapes sodden c*****. Roond ye.

I did exactly the same. Load of pish.

Remember Manchester and there was absolutely no reason for the losing supporters to be on the pitch.

CMac1988
The hypocrisy... wow.

TheMentalHibees
Has anyone told them they bottled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuart-farquhar
22-05-2016, 05:52 PM

they are completely and utterly determined to pay us back for winning

Waxy
22-05-2016, 05:52 PM
Didnt they wreck Manchester city centre

ShinyFantastic
22-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Lol that's hilarious. **** them.

Hibernian- Scottish Cup Winners 2016

GGTTH

sh00byd00
"Any club’s supporters would have done the same." :faf:

I admit, i love the press releases from Rangers. It's like they're written by your everyday angry fan. Nothing professional about them whatsoever. It's as if each member on Follow Follow pulls out a raffle ticket and take it in turn to release a statement.

CelticEnd
Has any club in the history of sport ever lacked class as much as this mob?

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Lol. Beyond contempt.

**** Glasgow Rangers.

Treadstone
They missed the SNP and Mad Phil.

mghibs
I think that is what you would call Rangers class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
Tom English ‏@BBCTomEnglish 1m1 minute ago

@RangersFC You accuse me of saying something that I've not said or even suggested. In fact, I've said the opposite. Get your facts right

trev the hat

Deary me

iwasthere1972
"Any club’s supporters would have done the same." :faf:

I admit, i love the press releases from Rangers. It's like they're written by your everyday angry fan. Nothing professional about them whatsoever. It's as if each member on Follow Follow pulls out a raffle ticket and take it in turn to release a statement.

:greengrin

PiemanP
Have they been on the buckfast down at Murray Park? So much hypocrisy in one statement. This is quite an unbelievable slanderous statement, especially given the 'heat of the moment' has passed.

number9dream
22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Someone at Rangers needs to take away the keys to the website from Jumbo Trainor. It's simply a foaming broadside against those he holds personal grudges against...

hibIBZ
22-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Just trying to hide the fact they got turned over in a cup final. Focus the attention on hibs and not that they can't defend at all. Good luck in the premiership because they are going to need it

Danderhall Hibs
22-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Mental. Who did they leave in charge of their website this weekend?

ChicoM1875
22-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Not even Vladimir Romanov came out with anything that bonkers.

CelticEnd
22-05-2016, 05:58 PM
See the history they "bought"?? Someone should dig it out and read it.

Presented their European Cup winners cup in a broom room under the Nou Camp cause their fans were rioting outside :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
What a crock of ****,surely written by a disgruntled supporter hahaha

Eyrie
That is fantastic. It needs to be circulated as widely as possible, and in particular the attacks on the journalists who refused to repeat their initial smear.

I look forward to Sevco setting an example by ensuring that "players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters" when visiting Ibrox.

Beefster
22-05-2016, 06:00 PM

NORTHERNHIBBY
My God. Has the world gone mad. Celtc are the establishment club and now everyone is out to get the Rangers. All roles reversed? Whatever next?

HFC07
They can't have it both ways, after their mayhem following 2008 Europa league final in Manchester. They still played in the champions league the following season.

So why is it ok for their fans to behave like that.

Saturday Boy
22-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Best thing I've read since "there are no American tanks in Baghdad":crazy:

madhatter
Game brought into disrepute by some of those comments?

Fans going on to the pitch to protect the players...HAHA what drivel

"Celtic and us are the only ones that can disrespect other clubs and trash pitches and let off pyrotechnics without punishment". Hatred of other clubs, are they having a laugh, the lyrics of "Billy Boys" and fenian is the limited vocabulary of 40% of their fans...that isn't hatred is it. Deluded club.

Higgy115
Absolutely deluded *****wits.

iwasthere1972

You couldn't make it up. Oh wait a minute they did.

The Falcon
22-05-2016, 06:02 PM

This is like something that Goebbels would be proud of. Seriously Jeezo.

BroxburnHibee
22-05-2016, 06:03 PM
That's got Traynors paw prints all over it. Erse!!!!

The Green Goblin
22-05-2016, 06:03 PM
They can all gtf. Disgusting club with the absolute lowest of the low supporters.

degenerated
22-05-2016, 06:04 PM
No relevance whatsoever but just thought I'd throw it out there for the laughs, like.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160522/ac75cb1a975c16f279af18e626b1fea5.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Velma Dinkley
Whoever is responsible for writing and/or approving these bizarre statements needs to get done for bringing the game into disrepute. I wonder if the extreme deflection tactics are down to them having no money to pay for a fine. It's as if they genuinely don't understand that people were there watching what happened. And video footage. And photos...

adhibs
Thats brilliant haha.

Hibernian FC - Scottish cup winners 2016

GreenCastle
Oh they are hurting.

No mention of the smoke bombs and fireworks ?

Or the coins thrown from hospitality in the upper north?

Or the behaviour of the Rangers fans in the debenture seats in the south upper?

What about the fans kicking Hibs fans cars outside the stadium after the game ?

What a vile club !

The Green Goblin
My God. Has the world gone mad. Celtc are the establishment club and now everyone is out to get the Rangers. All roles reversed? Whatever next?

Hibs to win the Scottish Cup? :greengrin

Joe's ice cream
This is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read

Andy74
22-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Have they managed to name a single person who was touched?

Treadstone
That's got Traynors paw prints all over it. Erse!!!!

He's went the full Icke.

Heisenberg
That is absolutely golden. They are hurting so ****ing badly and its wonderful to see. Keep on crying bears.

Pretty Boy
Tbh they talk of hatred of Rangers and I agree. I hated Rangers RIP and I hate the current tribute act even more.

If their fans felt threatened then sorry no sympathy. Now they understand how we feel every time we go to Ibrox.

rotherhamrob
Laughable, how they have the audacity to complain about fans behaviour is quite frankly ridiculous.

Lester B
"They are the racists and hate mongers among us; they are the Ku Klux Klan. I p*ss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. **** them". Hunter S. Thompson

degenerated
22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
He's went the full Icke.
https://youtu.be/oAKG-kbKeIo

Baader
22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
F*** off The Rangers. You are a total embarrassment to Scottish football and wider, Scottish society.

The last club that can ever moralise about the conduct of other clubs fans. Their hatred of the BBC for having journalists who actually told the truth about the original clubs death (which is a factual reality despite Rangers and their SFA bedfellows insistence) rears its head again.

New club, same ****my fans and hate filled songs. You have yet to win Cup silverware. Sooner this lot are put out of existence again the better. Oh and we beat you 3-2 - another mistake by the useless SFA the cup final billing should have been Hibernian v Rangers not the other way round. GGTH

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Hopefully they'll get a healthy fine for the flares. It's the rules after all

col02
22-05-2016, 06:09 PM
It's almost like they're having a tantrum because nobody has believed emphatically the overblown statement they released yesterday. They're the butt of all the jokes from other clubs fans without similar religious leanings and they can't take it. Odd as I thought they didn't care that nobody likes them.

Lago
22-05-2016, 06:10 PM
There is one thing for certain this is one time we should all be happy that Rod Petrie is still at the club, he will not let them get away with this nonsense, he will fight Hibs corner. Mon the tash.

Vault Boy
*Hyperboles*

BS.

Hibernian Verse
Hopefully they'll get a healthy fine for the flares. It's the rules after all

And singing the Billy Boys.

#2 Double Tap
22-05-2016, 06:11 PM
the rangers have gone insane.

RoYO!
Hibernian MUST seek clarification from the Rangers regarding their chanting.

A formal letter MUST be sent regarding the actions the rangers fans took and whether the the Rangers board are taking steps to address this. Other than fingers in ears.

Poor wee the Rangers eh?! The the Rangers fans in the north were not 'protecting their players'.

Also hibs should seek clarification on which member of staff takes a swipe at hendo

Scooter
Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha

Ha

Saturday Boy
Having read the statement again, some techie should do a Hitler subtitle video with it. Comedy gold.

Hibs90
22-05-2016, 06:12 PM
They have lost it. Completely bonkers.

SJM
We must come back at this. They only jumped on the pitch, tiny minority mind to start fighting to assist their players. ****in hell.

Beefster

And the Alan Stubbs song.

Heisenberg
THEY ARE RANGERS! SUPER RANGERS! NO ONE LIKES THEM!

They seem to care tbh.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahah

SaulGoodman
22-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I can picture it now, browsing the official site and I see a link, "Club Statement- Hibernian FC"

On opening the link the page is blank, except a line of text that reads "Hibernian FC- Scottish Cup winners 2016"

SanFranHibs
22-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Have they managed to name a single person who was touched?

Not yet, but they are hoping to release the name of the kid who was nearly 'abducted'.

:flag:

Lancs Harp
If the Police were to arrest everyone yesterday at Hampden who threw a punch or kick (players excepted) I think there would be a damn sight more Rangers fans in court than our lads.

jacomo
Wow indeed.

They are actually defending their supporters who came onto the pitch to have a fight. Incredible.

Beefster
I can't wait to see their indignant response to Police Scotland when they start raiding The Rangers' supporters houses and arresting them for 'defending the players and the weans and that ken'.

Pete
I'm sure the rest of Scottish football will be impressed with their reaction.

Sometimes less is more when it comes to words.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Ok where is Beadle? Are they serious?

rotherhamrob
22-05-2016, 06:16 PM
I can't wait to see LD and RP's response to all this.
Let's hope we hit them with everything.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 06:17 PM
And the Alan Stubbs song.

Derrys walls also.

Think can you here the Hibees sing was only football song sang.

lyonhibs
Translation: Blah, blah, blah, that wasn't in the script, waa, waa, waa, look at me, massage my ego cos if you don't I'm taking my ball home and not playing any more.

Snotters snotters snotters

Jim Trainor

neil7908
Hahaha hahaha

Albion Hibs
Laughable. There is no doubt that they want the dealt with super quick...as then there is less chance of things coming back to there fans and there behaviour. Ideally for them the sfa would have thrown the boom at us 5mins after the game, that way the violence from there fans, and possible attempted child abductions could be swept under the carpet.

Unfortunatly the sfa will do a proper investigation and there prints will be all over this.

Bristolhibby
22-05-2016, 06:18 PM

Is this for real?

It reads like a Daily Mash article.

J

TheEastTerrace
22-05-2016, 06:20 PM
The kind of statement I'd expect from a former editor of a sensationalist rag like the Record.

Hibs should keep their counsel until the Police and SFA have gathered all evidence from BOTH clubs. It's quite clear that their fans have been brought to account on social media; to state that it is almost acceptable in the face of provocation is inflammatory to say the least.

I'm confident there were Hibs fans who let us down yesterday and they will be held accountable but this statement is something else

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 06:22 PM
You can just see a committee of SFA suits doing that right enough. Trapped in another century and never going to deal with this version of the now defunct Glasgow rangers either. Scotland's shame.

mghibs
22-05-2016, 06:22 PM
all of these fans that felt intimidated, did they expect the hibs fans to storm their stand and try and scrap with them in the West stand? :confused: Or was it just the fans who joined our jubilant supporters on the pitch?

Bristolhibby
22-05-2016, 06:23 PM
So rich coming from the club who's fans trashed Manchester.

They have a collective inability to deal with defeat like human beings.

J

CraigHibee
22-05-2016, 06:25 PM
How about the sectarian bile, flares and broken seats from the horrible hun ****, **** the Hun's, hate them with every bone in my body

twiceinathens
22-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Now I did not go on the pitch and was disappointed that the cup presentation was curtailed, and I agree that anyone found guilty of assault on players should be definitely suffer the consequences of their actions, the hypocrisy of this statement is jaw dropping even by their twisted standards. Righteously demanding that that "players and staff be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters of others clubs" is unbelievable given the standards of "behaviour" exhibited by their own hordes week after week in venues from Barcelona via Manchester to any venue in Scotland for years. How many fans don't go to games when they are in town, or avoid going to away matches at Ibrox where they are so well protected by the local police?
As I said I do not condone any genuine violence but I have no intention of being lectured on ill behaviour by this lot. Of course I also realise that this will only increase their ridiculous belief that they are unfairly persecuted by everyone,

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2016, 06:28 PM
No one likes them, they DO care. Moronic statement.

Jonnyboy
22-05-2016, 06:28 PM
This serves to prove the theory that a spotty 12 year old, sitting in a darkened room staring proudly at his Red Hand of Ulster flag and his FTP mug has more journalistic skill than that rotund wee er5e Jim 'the slaver' Trainor.

I hope Hibs and the SFA get stuck into that vile institution for this

Hibernian Verse
22-05-2016, 06:29 PM
But MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM Why didn't we win the Cup it's not faaaaaiiiiirrrrr we're the Rangers

:aok:

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQNtXm1WLDo

Northernhibee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO25BRXA0E8

Green&White
The hypocrisy... wow.
It really is the most hypocritical things ive ever read. But what ud expect from such a horrible club

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0a505M3Wrc

AL-Qaholik
22-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Seriously, has some disgruntled "fan" hacked their website and posted this?? This can't be an actual, genuine, official club statement...can it?! Possibly the most delusional, blinkered, hypocritical pile of hyperbolic diatribe I have ever read. They truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

"The Rangers - going full ****** since 2012".

Aldo
22-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Can I say that the second they lost that game the Newco Spin machine went full flow.

So 6 players required hospital treatment really cos the only incident I saw was the one involving Wallace and the boy didn't even connect!

So what they are now saying is that it was the majority of Hibs fans spiking into the pitch that caused this.

Plums watch it the minority caused the issues and will be dealt with accordingly.

So they don't get their own wY and put a negative spin on everything and pretend they are the innocent party in all this.

You honestly couldn't make this up.

They should come out and say what injuries required what and how the injured were sustained. I watched it over and over and none of them seemed injured or distressed to me!

Bitter bitter club followed by mindless vile sectarians who have thrown the rattle oot the pram big time because they got done over!

What next

coco22
22-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Is this for real?

It reads like a Daily Mash article.

J

Actually thought it was a well-written, tongue in cheek, pish-rip but this is actually the deluded level They function on. Condemn us but don't instruct the authorities in an 'or else / matter of fact' way. The Rangers are rotten, bigoted and corrupt to the core and are hilariously ironic in their reasoned accusations. They Are The People after all....GTF

The Falcon
22-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Tbh they talk of hatred of Rangers and I agree. I hated Rangers RIP and I hate the current tribute act even more.

If their fans felt threatened then sorry no sympathy. Now they understand how we feel every time we go to Ibrox.

If you feel threatened then you move away from the danger not towards it.

Someone on twitter suggesting this is about money pure and simple. Sevco were depending on the income generated by European qualification.

O'Rourke3
22-05-2016, 06:36 PM
Actually thought it was a well-written, tongue in cheek, pish-rip but this is actually the deluded level They function on. Condemn us but don't instruct the authorities in an 'or else / matter of fact' way. The Rangers are rotten, bigoted and corrupt to the core and are hilariously ironic in their reasoned accusations. They Are The People after all....GTF

Ah, Do we think it might have been Sydney? - he was a great letter writer ....

douglashibs
22-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Rangers finds it incomprehensible that no one, either from within the Scottish FA or Hibernian Football Club, has condemned Hibernian’s supporters following the violent scenes at the end of yesterday’s Scottish Cup final when Rangers players and members of our backroom staff were physically and verbally assaulted.

I'd presume they're waiting to see the evidence supporting these allegations.

Aldo
22-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Well I really do wonder but I am told that not one player was injured and the only incident was that involving Lee Wallace.

It's apparently crap!!

CraigHibee
22-05-2016, 06:40 PM
The absolute irony was a hun tweeting tom English branding him a bigot, couldn't make that up

Any huns looking in, **** off, your team is ****

Hibs Class
22-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Ha ****ing ha

G B Young
22-05-2016, 06:42 PM
What sort of media team do they have working at Ibrox?? Hard to believe that sort of mad rant gets the go-ahead to be published as on official club statement. You'd think the players and officials who were allegedly assaulted are lying in hospital beds receiving emergency care judging by the hysterical tone. And you'd also think that the entire Hibs support had mounted a mass charge with the sole intention of attacking the Rangers fans and players.

Franck Stanton
22-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Somewhere there is a village missing their village idiot. They can all relax, he is alive and well working within Castle Greyskull's P.R. department, [although he wrote this in crayon, someone with two brain cells typed it up for him].

Ignore them, they LOST - get over it.

Stanton
22-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Somewhere there is a village missing their village idiot. They can all relax, he is alive and well working within Castle Greyskull's P.R. department, [although he wrote this in crayon, someone with two brain cells typed it up for him].

Ignore them, they LOST - get over it.

They believe their "culture" is under attack, and they're right, because it is under attack.

They and their fathers were raised to believe that they are a superior people, chosen by God to lord it over whomever they so choose. Afrikaaners, Southern Baptists, ulster loyalists, and Rangers fans all shared a similar outllook on life: "born to superiority".

The folly of this view is now becoming clear even to many in what they would describe as their natural constituency. Their dwindling numbers, now largely comprise the unemployable, the illiterate, and the criminally insane. (A walk through Kinning Park or Bridgeton any Monday afternoon will reinforce this view).

They have no positive way of attracting new adherents- because theirs is an ugly, hate-filled, and negative philosophy. Stained by a bloody history, disgraced by their own words and deeds, they face a future of further diminution of their numbers and increasing hostility to their venomous ways.

Like a wounded beast, this band of stragglers are lashing out at their loss of the middle ground in Scottish society. The Scotland in which I grew up- where a work colleague could post a picture of the pope with a target over his head- and management thought it funny- is now thankfully gone. They know it. Scotland knows it.

Vini1875
22-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Hibs should release some sort of statement just as the huns do saying it was a small minority.

EskbankHibby
22-05-2016, 06:48 PM
"Supporters alarmed and concerned for the women and children among them"

That must be why there is apparently recording of an adult Rangers supporting male trying to snatch a Hibs fan who looks about 8, just showing concern.

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 06:50 PM
What sort of media team do they have working at Ibrox?? Hard to believe that sort of mad rant gets the go-ahead to be published as on official club statement. You'd think the players and officials who were allegedly assaulted are lying in hospital beds receiving emergency care judging by the hysterical tone. And you'd also think that the entire Hibs support had mounted a mass charge with the sole intention of attacking the Rangers fans and players.

It's written primarily for their own fans so that they continue to pump money into Sevco that the owners don't have, to fund their club's ambition of becoming an established top flight side.

Sevco will hope that the media will simply report it without questioning.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Meanwhile in the Rangers press office....

https://youtu.be/UZvf0_2uwIg

Topographic Hibby
22-05-2016, 06:56 PM
...its all about the money.

A massive financial black hole has been created in their budget for next season by not getting European qualification. King is trying to get Hibs Euro place.

I know that johnjames site requires and tonne or two of sodium chloride and can be factually all over the place, but that's what he saying as well.

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/05/22/the-agenda/

...follow the money (or the lack of......)

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Jim Truenot is such a fat **** wit.

Septimus
22-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Quite a good statement really. Some brilliant Ibroxian wordsmith should now put it to the music which is so loved round Govan way. The Billy Boys, God Save the queen or the sash spring to mind. Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.

high bee
22-05-2016, 07:02 PM
...its all about the money.

A massive financial black hole has been created in their budget for next season by not getting European qualification. King is trying to get Hibs Euro place.

I know that johnjames site requires and tonne or two of sodium chloride and can be factually all over the place, but that's what he saying as well.

https://johnjamessite.com/2016/05/22/the-agenda/

...follow the money (or the lack of......)

Was just gonna say this, JJ aside. It's clear they are trying their hardest to get our euro place and I wouldn't be surprised if they managed it, they know where the bodies are buried and all that.

gogsy23
22-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Hibs are too busy partying just now. We will reply as soon as we stop celebrating. Girfuy HIBERNIAN FC SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

tamig
22-05-2016, 07:04 PM

That is unbelievably poorly written and highly unprofessional for an official club statement. What an absolute barrel of pish.

bingo70
22-05-2016, 07:05 PM
What was motherwells punishment for the fans running onto the pitch after the play offs?

That's the precedent surely?

McIntosh
22-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Comedy gold. I find it hard to believe that Sevco turn a blind eye to sectarian chanting or that the police do nothing to stop it.

Green forever
22-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Was it written in crayon then one of the grown ups typed it up ?

YehButNoBut
22-05-2016, 07:09 PM
What was motherwells punishment for the fans running onto the pitch after the play offs?

They haven't been punished yet as the governing body has delayed punishment for 18 months.

Within that time, the Fir Park club must provide evidence of how they plan to address the charges against them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35527397

brianmc
22-05-2016, 07:11 PM

Nope, it isn't.
At that game security was the responsibility of Motherwell FC which is why they were fined for the breaches of said security.
In yeterday's game security was the responsibilty of the SFA!! (and possibily Hampden Park Ltd). So if the SFA are handing out fines they'll need to fine themselves first.

degenerated
22-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Hibs should release some sort of statement just as the huns do saying it was a small minority.
Petrie should call a press conference and announce that sevco can blow it out there arse.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Here is the very latest statement just put out.

https://ninadavis.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/week-10-writing-and-james-021.jpg

loanheadhibby
22-05-2016, 07:16 PM
It's written primarily for their own fans so that they continue to pump money into Sevco that the owners don't have, to fund their club's ambition of becoming an established top flight side.

100% correct. It's called deflection. Blame everyone else to appease the legions so they don't have to consider how bad they were.

cleanyman
22-05-2016, 07:17 PM
The fans ****ed up but Rangers response has been a minter.

Let the authorities deal with it

Steve20
22-05-2016, 07:20 PM
Rangers are pathetic. Statement is a joke.

Onion
22-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Sours grapes. Their team was properly beaten in the Final and the poor wee souls cannot handle it. If there was an issue it was with the poor security that allowed a situation to develop which was beyond Hibs control - just like Sevco being unable to stop their bigoted nutters from singing their sectarian bile (ahem).

Bad losers. Losers nonetheless :thumbsup:

skyehibee
22-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahha

high bee
22-05-2016, 07:23 PM
They say they don't want someone in the SFA making decisions that doesn't like them? So they want the SFA to be Rangers fans only. Are they for real?

Biggie
22-05-2016, 07:23 PM
For a 4 year old club they've got a lot to say for themselves....

CelticEnd
22-05-2016, 07:24 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/sdfbs3.jpg

high bee
22-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Do they ever shut up? Acting like a 4 year old.

northstandhibby
22-05-2016, 07:26 PM
James Traynor of Level 5 has lost the plot. Almost every other club in Scotland hate Sevco. Almost every other club in Scotland detest the sectarian vileness that Sevco are attempting to re-plague Scotland with.

A vile horrible bigoted hated club by most other clubs in Scotland.

You are Scotland's shame. Away with you you shower of vile cretins.

And by the way you failed to beat the Hi bees who walked out of Hampdump with the turf and the cup.

GGTTH

trev the hat
22-05-2016, 07:27 PM
Andy Halluday could have won the cup but he ......
.... it up Andy Halliday !!

SJM
22-05-2016, 07:27 PM
I can't believe they have defended the ****s from their end saying they where sticking up for their players. Mental.

I thought dignified silence at first but **** that. Let's see us defend us.

GGTTH07
22-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Just look at the video of the creepy Hun assaulting then trying to grab the very young hibs fan who was celebrating.of all the incidents shown on TV or social media that imo is truly disturbing.i cant beleive there is nothing in the media about this,it's the weirdest creepiest thing I've ever witnessed

makaveli1875
22-05-2016, 07:36 PM
are they talking about the same rangers fans that subjected neil lennon to death threats , sent him bullets in the post and went on a stabbing spree after the old firm game

suck it up you vile bitter cretins , along with a lorry load of sour grapes

since quarter tae 5 , WEVE NO WON THE BIG CUP SINCE QUARTER TAE 5

YehButNoBut
22-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Just look at the video of the creepy Hun assaulting then trying to grab the very young hibs fan who was celebrating.of all the incidents shown on TV or social media that imo is truly disturbing.i cant beleive there is nothing in the media about this,it's the weirdest creepiest thing I've ever witnessed

It is in the media (well if you can call the Sun that) mind you they refer to the person as a footie yob, not a Rangers fan.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7167102/Shock-footage-of-footie-lout-GRABBING-young-Hibs-fan-during-Scottish-Cup-final-mayhem.html

Lago
22-05-2016, 07:40 PM
They are obviously working on the basis that attack is the best form of defence, maximise Hibs and minimise rangers, but you have to laugh at them trying to get the rest of Scottish football to support their case.

Jim44
22-05-2016, 07:41 PM

Given the fairly large number of folk on the pitch, it's no surprise that there was at least one paedophile taking advantage of the situation. I think I saw reference to it in an article and I'm sure it will eventually be dealt with.

jakedance
22-05-2016, 07:41 PM
I'm actually embarrassed for them. It's pretty amazing that not only did someone write such a terrible statement but, I'm assuming, a senior club official signed off on it. Thank you Rangers, please never change.

Hopefully there is a proper investigation into what happened on Saturday and the truth comes out, including the shenanigans from some of our support. We can't respond to this though, it's too ridiculous.

The Falcon
22-05-2016, 07:42 PM

The Sun (you have to start somewhere) is running with it.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7167102/Shock-footage-of-footie-lout-GRABBING-young-Hibs-fan-during-Scottish-Cup-final-mayhem.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20160522-_-SunScotNews-_-474712540-_-Imageandlink

SlatefordHibby
22-05-2016, 07:43 PM
They are obviously working on the basis that attack is the best form of defence, maximise Hibs and minimise rangers, but you have to laugh at them trying to get the rest of Scottish football to support their case.

The only other set of fans taking their side is the Internet Jambos.

**** new Rangers and their wee bitches called hearts.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Guy pushing Rangers goalie, you sir are a total dick. We as a support 100% know that some of the folk on that pitch behaved disgracefully and being banned from ER would be fitting, lets see Sevco admit to that also with some of their fans.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-05-2016, 07:49 PM
100% of Huns on the pitch were looking for a fight, only a very small minority of hibees were. Can't remember us belting out any sectarian songs either. Having The Rangers takin lg a moral high ground when it comes to behaviour of supporters is quite unbelievable and completely inappropriate.

That being said, there were some Hibs fans that were totally out of order, both approaching the The Rangers players and staff and giving it the GIRFUY to the fans. No need for that at all. I hope Hibs will take responsibility for catching this and catch and punish those responsible.

Joe Baker2
22-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Stop Calling Yourselves Rangers. Glasgow Rangers plc is dead and gone. Please use your proper new legal name "Sevco - filthy rotten bankrupt losers Limited"

OsloHibs
22-05-2016, 07:52 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SlickShoes
Read the first paragraph and burst out laughing, won't read the rest.

The weegie press and the rangers FC are wallowing in misery right now, a couple of guys will get lifted for being ********s.

I am concentrating on the best weekend of my life I've just had, the emotion of hampden and the scenes in Edinburgh today will never fade in my memory.

A feeling none of those horrible lot will ever be able to feel. We win on every front.

#FromTheCapital
The pain is real here, I'd feel sorry for them if they weren't such utter ****. Really sore one to take for a 4 year old club.

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Cheer up boys when dodgy Dave starts spending his billions you might get a couple of more hallidays and a waghorn

makaveli1875
22-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Did they remember to file a missing persons report for one james tavernier , he seemed to be posted missing at goal 1 , goal 2 and i dont recall seeing anything of him when David Gray popped up at 90+2

Pete
22-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Hibs statement:

"We were going to apologise tomorrow after our party but we aren't going to bother now. P.s. How's Scott Allen getting on?"

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2016, 08:03 PM
He's went the full Icke.

I've now got a glass table covered in spat out rum to clean thanks to you :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Wow indeed.

They are actually defending their supporters who came onto the pitch to have a fight. Incredible.

What I said about their statement from yesterday. It's a preemptive strike to try and deflect blame for their own inadequacies. **** them.

magpie1892
22-05-2016, 08:09 PM
I'm actually embarrassed for them. It's pretty amazing that not only did someone write such a terrible statement but, I'm assuming, a senior club official signed off on it. Thank you Rangers, please never change.

Hopefully there is a proper investigation into what happened on Saturday and the truth comes out, including the shenanigans from some of our support. We can't respond to this though, it's too ridiculous.

The sentence structure and wildly aggressive tone indicate that Traynor wrote this and, incredibly, he has autonomy when it comes to this sort of thing. He's whipped himself up into a frenzy because yesterday's comment was met with only a bit of tutting and some shrugged shoulders by everyone in Scotland bar the hun ****.

Radium
22-05-2016, 08:11 PM
They haven't been punished yet as the governing body has delayed punishment for 18 months.

Within that time, the Fir Park club must provide evidence of how they plan to address the charges against them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35527397

But Motherwell were the host club. Yesterday's match was hosted by the SFA.

johnbc70
22-05-2016, 08:14 PM

Waxy
22-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I can see a third statement coming from Rangers and they will completely launch the rattle into orbit. Then silence for a while, then Traynor will be found rocking to and fro sucking his thumb in a corner of the ibrox bogs.

HibbySpurs
22-05-2016, 08:15 PM
What a joke.... They truly are ****ed up...

Just happy Rod is VP at the GSFA so at least the hearings will be fair and the truth will come out.

Of course this is why they want Rod out as having a non establishment figure so high up in the organisation just simply isn't on for the flute lovers...

GIRFUY!!!!

marinello59
22-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Just in. Well done to whoever penned that spoof statement. I'm tired so admit it had me convinced for a second. OK, which one of you lot really wrote it? :greengrin

Stantons Angel
22-05-2016, 08:19 PM
their statement was a real eye opener for me.

I must have missed all this violence and provocative actions from the Hibs support.

How dare they call us thugs when i have endured intimidation and been frightened by the real thugs at Ibrox for many many years!

They have marauded around cities in UK and in Europe causing fear and alarm to the citizens in these cities always playing the simpletons the hunted and the wounded!

They obviously think a lot of themselves believing that Hibs should have been in touch with them asking after their players health!

Imo, if Hibs did this they are owning up to being responsible for the so called attacks! Petrie has said they will co operate with all investigations and will take any punishment on the chin. What the hell more do they want!

Its said their fans are starting a petition to get us put out of Europe and ive seen that they also want the game made void!

I cant find words worth printing on here that i can find to explain how i feel about that. All id ask every Hibs supporter to do is to think how many times this so called club have gotten away with things.

They are incredible for such a new club aint they!

Radium
22-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Just in. Well done to whoever penned that spoof statement. I'm tired so admit it had me convinced for a second. OK, which one of you lot really wrote it? :greengrin

Press officer thought that Deluded Brendan was the new Celtic manager and took inspiration from his Twitter account

corby hibee
22-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Give it a rest now rangers please, i even hear some fans calling for a reply lol

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 08:20 PM

:faf:

HibsNutter
22-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Hahahahhahaaha, that's all. Not going to let their ***** bring me down.

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2016, 08:24 PM

:faf:

i swear, a little bit of pee just came out :embarrass

One Day Soon
22-05-2016, 08:24 PM
The sentence structure and wildly aggressive tone indicate that Traynor wrote this and, incredibly, he has autonomy when it comes to this sort of thing. He's whipped himself up into a frenzy because yesterday's comment was met with only a bit of tutting and some shrugged shoulders by everyone in Scotland bar the hun ****.

Alright bud, how are you? Good to see you here.

There's undoubtedly a case here that some Hibs fans need to be investigated and then dealt with by both courts and club. I'm not having any of the 'no one made actual contact ' line. If they either assaulted or threatened to assault then they're bang to rights. So is anyone committing other acts of violence, lighting flares, singing sectarian songs or throwing projectiles from corporate hospitality above the North stand. All this is for the police and SFA to investigate and pursue.

However I'm genuinely staggered that they've chosen to issue a statement like this which is simultaneously pompous, inaccurate and almost delusional in form. Way to spectacularly undermine your own case.

They seem to be saying it is essentially okay for fans to take things into their own hands if they feel it is necessary? I can't even begin to properly process how badly judged that is.

FitbaFolkKen
22-05-2016, 08:25 PM
It is whipping them up into a frenzy.

I've got a couple on my twitter announcing that their players should withdraw from the Scotland squad as Petrie condoned the invasion etc... He said it was unaccceptable, only in planet Rangers would that constitute condoning actions.

Despite all the concern for their fans safety I notice no mention of the flares in their own support.

Unbelievable.

cabbageandribs1875
22-05-2016, 08:25 PM
Give it a rest now rangers please, i even hear some fans calling for a reply lol

i'l give them a reply... do one ya maggots....and no replay either

ehf
22-05-2016, 08:26 PM

You have done yourself a dis-service then; the whole thing is comedy gold.

Got a sneaky suspicion the cheating tax-dodgers thought it was to be their day yesterday, in fact felt a sense of entitlement. They have learned not a scintilla of humility, self-awareness or empathy in four and a half years.

Bottom line is: maybe 1,500 Hibs fans went on the pitch, all with the exception of a handful had a "good reason" for doing so; several hundred Sevco fans went on, every single one of them with a "bad reason" (and they kacked it when they got there).

Hope and trust in Rod and Leanne to stand firm on this. The real disgrace was the Sevco fans singing about our manager being a "Fenian *******".

Sammy7nil
22-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I have double checked the date I cant believe it is not 1 April 2016

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 08:28 PM
They seem to be saying it is essentially okay for fans to take things into their own hands if they feel it is necessary? I can't even begin to properly process how badly judged that is.
McCoisty-esque.

davidw
22-05-2016, 08:36 PM
That is fantastic. It needs to be circulated as widely as possible, and in particular the attacks on the journalists who refused to repeat their initial smear.

I look forward to Sevco setting an example by ensuring that "players, staff and fans be protected from the violence and hatred of supporters" when visiting Ibrox.

I wonder if anyone in the media might pick up on the fact that there is indeed a "hatred towards Rangers", and the fact that similar scenes happened at Motherwell last year? NB I am not - for one minute - condoning for one single minute the actions of the minority morons who ran at the Rangers fans looking to goad and fight them - idiots each and every one. But the questions is: would that have happened if the opposition had been Aberdeen Or Dundee Utd or, indeed, Motherwell? Answer: no. Because the entire Rangers support, at every game of football, acts as a provocation. 90 minutes of songs (at every single game) about killing Catholics, about No Surrender, about - in the case of Hibs - Stubbs being a "Fenion b*****d", even about (in a Scottish context) "Rule Britannia" acts as a provocation. I repeat a hundred times: I do NOT defend the morons that ran towards them and fought them. F*****g idiots, each and every one. But Rangers fans' songs and attitude act as a provocation, and that + alcohol + youthful stupidity is a large part of the equation of what happened yesterday.

And here's the other thing: I heard Chick Young ranting about the unacceptable behaviour of the minority of Hibs fans yesterday, and on one level he's obviously right. But on another level he and his colleagues are part of the issue: for literally decades they used their journalistic skills to describe 40,000 people at Ibrox singing about killing Catholics (ie Billy Boys Song) as "a great atmosphere". And indeed for a whole set of reasons involving people in power, no-one has done anything about it for decades, and it continues to fester. I repeat (third time, I think), I do not excuse the behaviour of the Hibs morons, but there are deep-seated issues being ignored here, and, as I said, this wouldn't have happened if the opposition had not been Rangers.

As an aside, by the way, the stewarding/policing was atrocious.

As another side, Hibs won the Scottish Cup yesterday. And I can never tire of saying that - and this sh*t shouldn't get in the way.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I wonder if anyone in the media might pick up on the fact that there is indeed a "hatred towards Rangers", and the fact that similar scenes happened at Motherwell last year? NB I am not - for one minute - condoning for one single minute the actions of the minority morons who ran at the Rangers fans looking to goad and fight them - idiots each and every one. But the questions is: would that have happened if the opposition had been Aberdeen Or Dundee Utd or, indeed, Motherwell? Answer: no. Because the entire Rangers support, at every game of football, acts as a provocation. 90 minutes of songs (at every single game) about killing Catholics, about No Surrender, about - in the case of Hibs - Stubbs being a "Fenion b*****d", even about (in a Scottish context) "Rule Britannia" acts as a provocation. I repeat a hundred times: I do NOT defend the morons that ran towards them and fought them. F*****g idiots, each and every one. But Rangers fans' songs and attitude act as a provocation, and that + alcohol + youthful stupidity is a large part of the equation of what happened yesterday.

And here's the other thing: I heard Chick Young ranting about the unacceptable behaviour of the minority of Hibs fans yesterday, and on one level he's obviously right. But on another level he and his colleagues are part of the issue: for literally decades they used their journalistic skills to describe 40,000 people at Ibrox singing about killing Catholics (ie Billy Boys Song) as "a great atmosphere". And indeed for a whole set of reasons involving people in power, no-one has done anything about it for decades, and it continues to fester. I repeat (third time, I think), I do not excuse the behaviour of the Hibs morons, but there are deep-seated issues being ignored here, and, as I said, this wouldn't have happened if the opposition had not been Rangers.

As another side, Hibs won the Scottish Cup yesterday. And I can never tire of saying that - and this sh*t shouldn't get in the way.

:top marks

Sammy7nil
22-05-2016, 08:43 PM
As another aside wee chick ran on the pitch at Wembley in 77 but that was just high jinx and the English invited them on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I was at the game and I can asure everyone at no point were Scotland fans invited on the pitch

JimBHibees
22-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Have the classy organisation based in Govan actually congratulated Hibs on winning the game.

Eesti
22-05-2016, 08:45 PM

Absolutely spot on for me

Coults1875
22-05-2016, 08:46 PM
They've started a petition to get us kicked out of Europe and have the cup removed 😂😂

RoYO!
22-05-2016, 08:50 PM
What did the Rangers say when their own players lost it v Motherwell?

Bostonhibby
22-05-2016, 08:51 PM
They've started a petition to get us kicked out of Europe and have the cup removed 😂😂
If the now defunct Glasgow rangers still existed the same could be done for that infamous cup winners cup battle in Barcelona. Maybe we should follow their example and petition UEFA to wipe it out regardless since the old club voluntarily liquidated itself.

Doncaster_Hibby
22-05-2016, 09:00 PM

Ha ha they're really taking that defeat we gave them very badly. I've never known a club to show such an appalling and childish lack of class after getting turned over in a cup final.

pontius pilate
22-05-2016, 09:00 PM
I've been called a **** on Facebook for having the balls to ask them about thier fans behaviour and Manchester and last season at Motherwell. Also asked why nothing has been said about the flares,the sectarian signing,and the guy's sneaking up behind the young lad

Sammy7nil
22-05-2016, 09:06 PM
I've been called a **** on Facebook for having the balls to ask them about thier fans behaviour and Manchester and last season at Motherwell. Also asked why nothing has been said about the flares,the sectarian signing,and the guy's sneaking up behind the young lad

How very dare you seek reasonable answers :greengrin

Since90+2
22-05-2016, 09:09 PM
To any onlookers - You let your club die.

biotech
22-05-2016, 09:17 PM
To paraphrase their statement:

Rangers FC hate:

- Hibs players
- Hibs fans
- Hibs directors
- The BBC
- Stuart Gosgrove
- Tom English
- The Scottish Government
- Police Scotland
Etc.

leithsansiro
22-05-2016, 09:28 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with their statement actually. Every point is completely valid and everyone alive, with the exception of Rangers supporters, should be ashamed of themselves.

No, wait a minute...I meant the complete opposite of that.

leithsansiro
22-05-2016, 09:29 PM
To paraphrase their statement:

Rangers FC hate:

- Hibs players
- Hibs fans
- Hibs directors
- The BBC
- Stuart Gosgrove
- Tom English
- The Scottish Government
- Police Scotland
Etc.

I'll just shorten that the

Rangers FC hate:
- everyone that isn't them

tynesideirish
22-05-2016, 09:35 PM
It's just comedy gold. Sad deluded bunch of pricks.

GGTTH

basehibby
22-05-2016, 09:45 PM
That statement is beyond pathetic - and it's tone of outraged overblown pomposity has Jim Traynor written all over it.

It does though remind me that we have more than one reason to be joyful:

1) Hibernian FC are Scottish Cup Champions

2) We did not have to listen to Jaba Traynor spouting his mundane pish on the way home afterwards - restricted as he is these days to typing deluded nonsense such as this from a broom-cupboard somewhere beneath Ibrox. :na na:

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 09:50 PM

That is a total disgrace. Nothing about flares nor sectarian and pro-terrorist chanting. The absolute brass neck of that club. They have become even more hate-filled since demotion and are lashing out at everybody.

euro Hibby
22-05-2016, 09:51 PM
The more they talk the more they are adding water to their case. While they condem Hibs for not saying the scenes after the game were a disgrace they have also forgotten to congradulate Hibs on winning the cup 3-2.

I am sure they were grateful not to have to pick up their losers medals and face the press after the game to admit that the better team won. All year they have been saying that they were better than Hibs .

Probably it's a good thing that we are in different divisions next year as the hate factor has gone up a few notches.

SteveHFC
22-05-2016, 10:06 PM
now its 11 players
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/every-rangers-player-pitch-attacked-8028393#haAKVjZMLpM2X8Yg.97

johnbc70
22-05-2016, 10:10 PM
So the Record is reporting all 11 Rangers players were attacked in some way. Can someone tweet Jackson and ask him to explain why Kenny Miller's wife has said he was untouched and unhurt? Surely Jackson is not making stuff up.....

YehButNoBut
22-05-2016, 10:22 PM
most fans of other clubs ridicule this statement

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/supporters-at-scottish-clubs-react-to-tonights-statement-from-the-rangers/

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 10:23 PM
all 11 players were physically assaulted, but there isn't any evidence of this other than one tit swinging at wallace and missing and foderingham getting a shove. Those two folk are tits, but the bigger tits in all of this are The Rangers FC.

90 minutes of fenian this and fenian that, flares constantly and missiles thrown into the hibs fans, all swept under the usual rug.

ronaldo7
22-05-2016, 10:25 PM
So the Record is reporting all 11 Rangers players were attacked in some way. Can someone tweet Jackson and ask him to explain why Kenny Miller's wife has said he was untouched and unhurt? Surely Jackson is not making stuff up.....

The record have been doing it for years. They've got to support the Billy boys, it's their paper.

davidw
22-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Interesting that the BBC, that bastion of independent reporting, has removed any mention of the parade today (where 150,000 supporters gathered - surely that's news?) but have a new headline about The Rangers' latest ranting. Unreal.

magpie1892
22-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Alright bud, how are you? Good to see you here.

There's undoubtedly a case here that some Hibs fans need to be investigated and then dealt with by both courts and club. I'm not having any of the 'no one made actual contact ' line. If they either assaulted or threatened to assault then they're bang to rights. So is anyone committing other acts of violence, lighting flares, singing sectarian songs or throwing projectiles from corporate hospitality above the North stand. All this is for the police and SFA to investigate and pursue.

However I'm genuinely staggered that they've chosen to issue a statement like this which is simultaneously pompous, inaccurate and almost delusional in form. Way to spectacularly undermine your own case.

I'm good. You?

It's spectacularly misjudged. 'Almost delusional'? You're way too kind. Even the Daily Ranger described it as 'scattergun' in its headline about the statement. As you say, and I whole heartedly concur, I am having trouble getting my head round how bad that statement is. There is a simple explanation though: Traynor is just a bully, and as far as I am aware has no PR/comms. training at all - being a former journalist doesn't count; there's a massive difference between the two.

However, to quote Top Gun, Traynor's ego is writing cheques his body can't cash. If sevco want a full investigation then, from where I was standing yesterday (in the press, next to the hun section (with people in the media area standing and cheering sevco's goals - a total no-no)) then I say: bring it on. Both 1st and 2nd statements will prove to be hugely counter-productive for them, simply because of their fans' own actions yesterday:

invading pitch
fighting
fabrication of supposed injuries to players
what appears to be a sevco official kicking out at Hendo
an extremely creepy (and what looks to be illegal) encounter between a grown man and a child wearing a Hibs scarf
objects thrown onto Hibs fans from sevconians above
damage in car park

..and so on.

And of course, there's their own somewhat chequered history of failing to control their own fans/players time and again:

Newcastle
Barcelona
Pamplona
Motherwell

...and perhaps most prescient of the lot - they played in Europe (well, two games, before being put out by the mighty Kaunas) the season after destroying Manchester city centre during and after the 2008 UEFA Cup Final.

They want the game yesterday declared null and void? On what basis? That they didn't win, seemingly.
They want a replay? On what basis? That they didn't win, seemingly.
They don't want us to take up the European spot we earned? On what basis? Spite, seemingly.

I saw the pretend-journalist/sevco 'historian' (he's actually an accountant) Robert McElroy having a furious argument with a.n.other person in the media area, where RM was insistent that St Johnstone should take Hibs' Euro spot because we were a 'disgrace' to Scottish football. The irony just goes off the scale.

So, take your shot and roll the dice. Sevco don't understand that they are not feared any more (and not just because they're *****, and skint) and that, unlike in decades past, the truth will out.

Go for it. All guilty parties should be appropriately dealt with - and it will come as a hell of a shock when it's discovered that this number includes many sevconians. The world has changed, but 'ra peepul' are still stuck in 1690. Not our problem.

RyeSloan
Aye and of course The Rangers would never invade the pitch when they win...I mean let's not forget the scenes at Easter Road when they last won the SPL...pitch invasion and what happened next? The polis stand in front of the Hibs fans and threaten them while the Hun dance and celebrate on our pitch! But then again that was actually RFC not Sevco so I appreciate that their memories won't go back that far!

GET IT RIGHT UP YEA!! 3-2. Read it and weep ya Sevco losers.

SlickShoes
most fans of other clubs ridicule this statement

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/supporters-at-scottish-clubs-react-to-tonights-statement-from-the-rangers/

Fans of every club now remembering why they all hated rangers to begin with and now hate equally The Rangers, couldn't make it up.

wookie70
22-05-2016, 10:33 PM
If the poor wee Bears were getting provoked then imagine what Alan Stubbs must have felt when 20K plus of the neanderthals were spitting their hate filled bile at him. There is no way any proper football fan or decent human being can condone some of the actions of the idiots that were fighting on the pitch or for that matter ripping it up or destroying the posts but that statement says more about The Rangers than it does about those it seeks to accuse.

Bad Martini
22-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Having read more on this, I am ever more flabbergasted but in another way, completely expected some pish like this.

The facts are, the rangers lost.

The rangers fans and (a few of our fans) had altercations from what we've seen so far on the telly/online (having been stood behind the goals I could see very little on the pitch other than swarms of folk sunbathing without tops on :greengrin)

Anyway, that statement is so ironic it's coming back on itself with stupidity and the remarks levelled at Petrie are unlikely to go unanswered by the tache and on this one, I think the man is entitled to fight his corner.

Now. All this is a distraction from the fact.

WE WON.
THEY DIDNY

HIBS - SCOTTISH CUP CHAMPIONS 2016.

ENDOF

pacoluna
22-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Maybe I'm drunk.. but I think I possibly despise them more than the yams

wookie70
22-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Their official match report on the The Rangers website describes the carnage- "At the final whistle Rangers players cut dejected figures as they walked off the pitch amid disappointing scenes but they should all be proud of their achievements this season." You would have thought it would have been limped off or ran off given the scale of the assaults.

Mind you it may have been hacked as they also have Stokes as scoring all 3 goals.

RyeSloan
22-05-2016, 10:40 PM

It's hard to despise cardigan wearing rover drivers no matter how much you dislike them, very very easy to despise Sevco bigots.

Diclonius
22-05-2016, 10:45 PM

This has done it for me. Hearts are an irrelevance as far as dislike is concerned now.

We NEED to release a statement to counteract this.

Monopolyguy
22-05-2016, 10:49 PM
From the BBC news website...

'The Glasgow club acknowledged that a "tiny minority" of their supporters encroached on to the pitch but said this was after "prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them"'

Going by their fans actions over the years they must have the largest "tiny minority" in Europe.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2016, 10:49 PM
I read that statement ..... and then went through 7 pages of this thread waiting for the culprit to admit it was a joke ...... still waiting

What a pathetic bunch of losers :faf: ..... :lolrangers:

magpie1892
22-05-2016, 10:50 PM
We NEED to release a statement to counteract this.

There's no hurry. They are tearing themselves apart that we're not prostrate before them. The two sevco statements so close together are very instructive.

Due process, that's all we need.

Lancs Harp
22-05-2016, 10:56 PM
I'm surprised they haven't demanded a replay yet or perhaps announced in their own deluded world that they had actually won yesterday.

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 10:57 PM
From the BBC news website...

'The Glasgow club acknowledged that a "tiny minority" of their supporters encroached on to the pitch but said this was after "prolonged and severe provocation and in order to protect our players and officials who were being visibly attacked in front of them"'

Going by their fans actions over the years they must have the largest "tiny minority" in Europe.

This prolonged and severe provocation was a few folk giving it the get it up ye hand gesture and it lasted for all of 1 or 2 minutes.

magpie1892
22-05-2016, 11:03 PM
This prolonged and severe provocation was a few folk giving it the get it up ye hand gesture and it lasted for all of 1 or 2 minutes.

As far as secvo are concerned, anything other than total deference is 'prolonged and severe provocation'.

paddy1875
22-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Twice these creatures have won the league at Easter road in my lifetime which ended in these mutants running onto our own patch and behaving like fandans.

It actually infuriates me how the media are pedalling this story.

magpie1892
22-05-2016, 11:13 PM
It actually infuriates me how the media are pedalling this story.

Me too, and I have to work with some of these ****s.

Andy74
22-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Just watching the interviews after the game. You can see the Rangers officials and Regan running around together and on their phones getting the machine up and running against us. Ridiculous.

GreenLake
23-05-2016, 12:27 AM
The few who did anything out of order should be punished severely but they are making a mountain out of a molehill and trying desperately to divert attention from the devastating defeat which has just taken place.

This will all blow over like tumble weeds through the empty major trophy room at Sevco.

Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup Winners 2016

northstandhibby
23-05-2016, 12:43 AM
The few who did anything out of order should be punished severely but they are making a mountain out of a molehill and trying desperately to divert attention from the devastating defeat which has just taken place.

This will all blow over like tumble weeds through the empty major trophy room at Sevco.

Hibernian FC - Scottish Cup Winners 2016

I don't think anyone apart from the potential hun childsnatcher should be 'severely' punished. A slap on the wrists would do nicely. Even the Hi bees who goaded the huns was just sheer exuberance. Just for the record I did'nt go on the pitch but wish I had now. Would have loved to have grabbed the hun childsnatcher by his hee haws and sqeezed very tightly indeed. Dirty so and so. The hibs fans did nothing wrong.

Glory Glory

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 04:52 AM
That is a total disgrace. Nothing about flares nor sectarian and pro-terrorist chanting. The absolute brass neck of that club. They have become even more hate-filled since demotion and are lashing out at everybody.

:tsk tsk: Promotion?

andyf5
23-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Rangers fans on pitch at Easter Road after title win 2005. Exuberant lot.

http://forums.scottishfootballforums.co.uk/gallery/image/214-easter-road-10/

Beefster
23-05-2016, 05:34 AM
Jim Traynor's pet boy, Keith Jackson, is now claiming every single Rangers player was assaulted. Kenny Miller's missus says otherwise. When has evidence and reality ever stopped Jackson though when Traynor is dictating something down the phone for him to report?

I refuse to link to it.

Pete
23-05-2016, 05:47 AM
:tsk tsk: Promotion?

Even the boy on sportscene on Saturday said "relegated to the third".

It's one big airbrush/forget the facts with them :faf:

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 06:15 AM
I've just read that again, when a bit more sober, and it's astonishing a professional organisation saw fit to release a statement like that. It reads like a rant from a forum or one of those big fat baldy guys you see banging the big drum at Orange marches. You can just imagine him foaming at the mouth, swaying in the non existent breeze spilling his pint whilst shouting it.

Hibs should say nothing, let Rangers continue to make a fool of themselves, and wait to see what any investigation reveals.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 06:22 AM
big fat baldy guys
Hibs should say nothing, let Rangers continue to make a fool of themselves, and wait to see what any investigation reveals.

1) Big, fat, ugly, sweaty baldy guys. Fixed that for you.

2) I am sure Hibs and the security team will announce the results in due course. I have no doubts that any fans identified will have season tickets taken away, if they have one, and removed from the database for future games. Anyone convisted of a criminal offence as a result of Saturday will be banned from ER for life.

lucky
23-05-2016, 06:28 AM
When I read it I thought it was a wind up. But then I saw Trainer on the news. Rangers need to stop embarrassing themselves. The police will deal with both sets of fans that broke the law. But their constant drivel does not help anyone in fact it's fanning the flames to ensure their will be long term hatred from their fans to us . As for fan safety what happen to the investigation into the treatment of Hibs fans on our last visit to Ibrox?

GreenLake
23-05-2016, 06:34 AM
I got back to London yesterday and have heard nothing on TV about the allegations put out by the new club. Sevco media influence is most likely confined to Scotland. They are just seething with a perfect historical record of zero major trophy wins.

JimBHibees
23-05-2016, 06:38 AM
Just watching the interviews after the game. You can see the Rangers officials and Regan running around together and on their phones getting the machine up and running against us. Ridiculous.

Clear pictures of King and Regan in conversation in the stand.

Beefster
23-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Clear pictures of King and Regan in conversation in the stand.

To be fair, there are pictures of Rodders and Regan in conversation in the stand too.

killie-hibby
23-05-2016, 06:51 AM
The author states in paragraph two "THE TRUTH MUST NOT BE DISTORTED" Hypocritical bigot.

JimBHibees
23-05-2016, 06:51 AM
To be fair, there are pictures of Rodders and Regan in conversation in the stand too.

Ok fair dos didn't see that.

Greencore
23-05-2016, 07:04 AM
I saw on periscope a scope titled mon the gers and was filmed from the hibs end. There were obviously a few in our end. In fact east stand front row there was a guy who celebrated their 2nd goal...

Killiehibbie
23-05-2016, 07:23 AM
Just watched the scuffles on the pitch again and i'd be amazed if the majority of convictions are not huns. No need to go near the animals in the first place but far more of them looking for a fight than us.

truehibernian
23-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Keith Jackson - name the players assaulted, get statements and print quotes - do it ?

Jim Traynor - explain flares, sectarian singing and your fans attacking Hibs fans - do it ?

SFA - grow a pair - yes, Hibs fans let themselves down but stand up to this idiotic childishness that is The Rangers

David Weir - were you assaulted - don't give me this 'dignified silence', tell us who did it, how and when ?

Refs - did you really become 'heros' and defend players from attack - Steven, tell all ?

Warburton - instead of being a coward that you are, and instead of hiding behind your insane media team, how about a well done ?

The Rangers fans - yes, you were goaded and yes you were teased and 'provoked' - explain coming onto the pitch to fight ?

The Rangers - explain Manchester ? Explain Raith and flares and singing ? Explain being a club of 100 years of bigotry ? And doing nothing to curb it ?

Daily Record - The Sun - The Guardian - I want a petition started to rid Scottish football of the insidious bigotry and sectarianism that is The Rangers and demand the media do everything in their power to eradicate the utter filth they spew each and every time they travel ?

Put that in a wee statement and publish it ?

No one at Hibs condones violence - but put context and perspective on a story - sadly lacking on Scottish sports 'journalists' - none of you could write a letter to your parents let alone a decent piece of print - YOU are the embarrassment of football for cowardly hiding behind the Old Firm !

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 07:43 AM
The Rangers fans - yes, you were goaded and yes you were teased and 'provoked' - explain coming onto the pitch to fight ?

The Rangers fans - explain how 90 minutes of sectarian chanting - The Billy Boys, chanting against Alan Stubbs - is acceptable and not provocative and goading to the opposition fans.

Moulin Yarns
23-05-2016, 07:44 AM
http://wingsoverscotland.com/statements-of-the-obvious/

Jim44
23-05-2016, 07:46 AM
This topic was the lead story on BBC Scottish news this morning. First comments were made by a police spokesman who made the point that pitch invasions were becoming more common these days and that a police investigation was being set up. Regan's post match comments were played and then a failrly long and cringeworthu interview with eh, Gordon, eh Smith, eh, inarticulate, former eh Chairmman of eh the SFA took place. You can imagine the tone and focus of his opinions .......... basically no mention of the role of Sevco fans but references to strong sanctions against the perpetrators, presumably Hibs according to the ex Rangers player. He also accepted the presenter's comment that the SFA might be at fault with stewarding arrangements. In the later sports news, Tom English made fleeting reference to the Hibs success blah, blah and then talk turned to the invasion. His views were a bit more level-headed and included criticism of Sevco's dreadful statement. He also referred to hounding out the perpetrators and taking appropriate action.
I've just heard them announce that the aftermeth will be the theme of the phone-in at 9am.

marinello59
23-05-2016, 07:51 AM
This topic was the lead story on BBC Scottish news this morning. First comments were made by a police spokesman who made the point that pitch invasions were becoming more common these days and that a police investigation was being set up. Regan's post match comments were played and then a failrly long and cringeworthu interview with eh, Gordon, eh Smith, eh, inarticulate, former eh Chairmman of eh the SFA. Took place. You can imagine the tone and focus of his opinions .......... basically no mention of the role of Sevco fans but references to strong sanctions against the perpetrators, presumably Hibs according to the ex Rangers player. He also accepted the presenter's comment that the SFA In the later sports news, Tom English made fleeting reference to the Hibs success blah, blah and then talk turned to the invasion. His views were a bit more level-headed and included criticism of Sevco's dreadful statement. He also referred to hounding out the perpetrators and taking appropriate action.
I've just heard them announce that the aftermeth will be the theme of the phone-in at 9am.

Gordon Smith was everything you would have expected him to be, hopeless. His suggestion that the events on Saturday were worse than those of 1980 was just silly.

truehibernian
23-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Gordon Smith was everything you would have expected him to be, hopeless. His suggestion that the events on Saturday were worse than those of 1980 was just silly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJO9K__n9A

Let folk decide

Weststandwanab
23-05-2016, 08:10 AM
First and foremost the statement is ridiculous in my opinion but Comedy Gold, thanks Jim.

If you feel threatened then you move away from the danger not towards it.

Someone on twitter suggesting this is about money pure and simple. Sevco were depending on the income generated by European qualification.

It will undoubtedly be about money. They will he budgeted or winning The Scottish Cup money and European ties but now they have a big lack hole.

Spot on.

No reply require until Police Scotland have concluded their investigations.

PapillonVert
23-05-2016, 08:39 AM
What sort of media team do they have working at Ibrox?? Hard to believe that sort of mad rant gets the go-ahead to be published as on official club statement.

It does if the Club concerned (one of a matching pair) is historically used to throwing its weight around and bullying the rest of the Scottish game to bend to a system that suits its own agenda and interests.

It leads to a bloated sense of entitlement and the complete absence of any perspective.

Also, doesn't help when anticipated revenue from Euro qualification is not to be forthcoming after all.

Andy74
23-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Sad that the likes of the Scotsman are also just repeating things like players being assaulted. There needs to be some evidence of this or it should stop being reported by papers that should know better.

bingo70
23-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Just read the daily record story about that young kid that was grabbed by the Rangers fan.

The slant they've put on it is that Hibs thug attack Rangers supporter who was trying to help kid to his feet.

Absolutely incredible.

The Green Goblin
23-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Sad that the likes of the Scotsman are also just repeating things like players being assaulted. There needs to be some evidence of this or it should stop being reported by papers that should know better.

Sad, yes, but surprising, no. Low quality yam fanzine for a good long while now.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Just read the daily record story about that young kid that was grabbed by the Rangers fan.

The slant they've put on it is that Hibs thug attack Rangers supporter who was trying to help kid to his feet.

Absolutely incredible.

It's crazy.

It will be human sacrifices and cannibalism next.

FitbaFolkKen
23-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Seems a more balanced article.

littleplum
23-05-2016, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0-r4b6myvM

Hibs v Rangers 2005. 2 minutes in. It's disgusting I tell you. DISGUSTING.

Brightside
23-05-2016, 09:01 AM
Kenny Miller went to our changing room to shake the hand of every player....a touch more class than the mugs he works for.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 09:03 AM
So far the only evidence of "assault" against Hun players is:

- a scuffle involving Lee Wallace, this is the only thing I've seen that looks as if it could realistically be tagged as an allegation of "assault". However, given that he is seen walking slowly off the pitch about a minute after the final whistle behind Stubbs' interview, it hardly qualifies as a terrifying ordeal. :rolleyes: The other ned (ie not Wallace) involved has his mug all over the papers, so this one will undoubtedly be properly investigated. Good.

- The keeper gets a slight bump

- Kenny Miller gets a handshake

... and that's it.

Apart from that we have a few idiots that ran up to the Huns end and inevitably that led to some minor scuffles. Every other picture shows thousands of Happy Hibbies enjoying themselves.

The comparisons with Hampden 1980 or Manchester (or indeed any night in Glasgow after a Rangers-Celtic game) are as ludicrous as they are laughable.

bingo70
23-05-2016, 09:08 AM

- a scuffle involving Lee Wallace, this is the only thing I've seen that looks as if it could realistically be tagged as an allegation of "assault". However, given that he is seen walking slowly off the pitch about a minute after the final whistle behind Stubbs' interview, it hardly qualifies as a terrifying ordeal. :rolleyes: The other ned (ie not Wallace) involved has his mug all over the papers, so this one will undoubtedly be properly investigated. Good.

... and that's it.

Apart from that we have a few idiots that ran up to the Huns end and inevitably that led to some minor scuffles. Every other picture shows thousands of Happy Hibbies enjoying themselves.

The comparisons with Hampden 1980 or Manchester (or indeed any night in Glasgow after a Rangers-Celtic game) are as ludicrous as they are laughable.

That's why they are now slowly changing it to the players were spat on, harder to prove.

Simply didn't happen

McHibby
23-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Oh. My. God.

I cannot believe what I have just read.

rcarter1
23-05-2016, 09:11 AM

Seems a more balanced article.

This come across well. I would only disagree that a pitch invasion came as a great surprise, just because previous Scottish Cup finals have not had them. Seriously, most people would put their mortgage on a pitch 'invasion' the day Hibs finally won the Cup.

Finally, a big BOO… to anyone who decided to go to the Rangers fans. I mean that is as clear a case of 'inciting a riot' as there is!

Im glad overall that at least some truth is being revealed about it all.

Caversham Green
23-05-2016, 09:16 AM

... and that's it.

On the other hand we have:

Footage of a Rangers official swinging a boot at someone in a Hibs shirt (with absolutely no provocation)
Pictures of Rangers fans using the corner post as an offensive weapon
Footage of Rangers fans assaulting a police horse
A picture of an ugly fat thug with a Rangers jersey round his waist throwing a punch at a Hibs fan
Rangers fans taking kicks at a Hibs fan on the ground
And, the thoroughly disgusting sight of two Rangers perverts trying to abduct a young Hibs boy.