PDA

View Full Version : New Statement from The Rangers.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

high bee
31-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Has it been mentioned on here that the story is that Rangers advised Police scotland that they were going to be opening the turnstiles to Ibrox after the match to take the cup back there, so on 70 minutes, police decided to deploy a number of officers to Ibrox. G4S also sent a few bus loads of stewards over too, on to recieve a call 10 minutes later to say, come back hibs have scored. This story has been confirmed by the Hibs stadium announcer on social media.

Oh ya beauty, that is just beautiful. Love it when cockiness comes back to bite you on the backside! 🏆🏆🏆

SlickShoes
31-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Has it been mentioned on here that the story is that Rangers advised Police scotland that they were going to be opening the turnstiles to Ibrox after the match to take the cup back there, so on 70 minutes, police decided to deploy a number of officers to Ibrox. G4S also sent a few bus loads of stewards over too, on to recieve a call 10 minutes later to say, come back hibs have scored. This story has been confirmed by the Hibs stadium announcer on social media.

HAHAHAHA, another moment that if it happened makes winning the cup feel even better than it did already. :top marks

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 01:37 PM

Any chance of finding a link to the social media, don't want it to get lost if true.

Since90+2
31-05-2016, 01:37 PM
As funny as it would be if Rangers did that I cant see anyway that Police Scotland would allow that at what 1 hours notice?

sleeping giant
31-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes.

Where can the rest of us see the evidence ?

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2016, 01:46 PM
As funny as it would be if Rangers did that I cant see anyway that Police Scotland would allow that at what 1 hours notice?

Maybe they'd already advised, and police scotland made the call at 70 minutes rather than waiting til the end of the match.

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Any chance of finding a link to the social media, don't want it to get lost if true.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160531/159128ead2c0fc2d64ba592cc68031be.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160531/0e9f7bf1726bae793ace658456544d1b.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160531/f4cee0745e3f3294215b1919d528355b.jpg

BroxburnHibee
31-05-2016, 02:00 PM

Wouldn't surprise me.

Although my memory of the day is a bit hazy I do remember at each of the Hibs goals the police and stewards were quick to run out and make a cordon in front of the support in case anyone tried to run on.

I'm almost certain that didn't happen at the 3rd.

jacomo
31-05-2016, 02:00 PM

lol.

Moulin Yarns
31-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Cheers Callum, that is priceless. The SFA have to be aware of this.

OsloHibs
31-05-2016, 02:10 PM
51,000 camera phones, many tv camera's from around the world, cctv all over hampden and not one single shot of any player getting physically assaulted.

SeanWilson
31-05-2016, 02:13 PM
51,000 camera phones, many tv camera's from around the world, cctv all over hampden and not one single shot of anyone getting physically assaulted.

there are four incidents that can be clear. The fanny that went to hook wallace, the fanny that kicked our fan in the head and the folk dragging a bairn across the ground and the guy gesturing to their keeper.... All of these people have been had already (i think).

The rest is just grown men and woman crying and hugging to the tune of 'haaaaalo, haaaaalo' in the background.

31-05-2016, 02:16 PM

Brilliant :faf::giruy2:

lapsedhibee
31-05-2016, 02:18 PM
there are four incidents that can be clear. The fanny that went to hook wallace, the fanny that kicked our fan in the head and the folk dragging a bairn across the ground and the guy gesturing to their keeper.... All of these people have been had already (i think).

The rest is just grown men and woman crying and hugging to the tune of 'haaaaalo, haaaaalo' in the background.

Shirley the the hun suited official who failed to kick the celebrating Hibs fan near the technical area committed an equivalent offence to taking a swing at someone and missing? Why is he not named/charged yet? :dunno:

easty
31-05-2016, 02:19 PM

:faf:

I wonder if the engraver had started putting their name on the trophy tae? :greengrin

SeanWilson
31-05-2016, 02:20 PM
Shirley the the hun suited official who failed to kick the celebrating Hibs fan near the technical area committed an equivalent offence to taking a swing at someone and missing? Why is he not named/charged yet? :dunno:

wasn't aware of that one buddy.

easty
31-05-2016, 02:20 PM

Has anything been reported about him in the press? I don't buy newspapers, so only see what's on here.

itslegaltender
31-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Has anything been reported about him in the press? I don't buy newspapers, so only see what's on here.

Watch the technical area from the moment this link starts, someone looking like wearing a blazer takes a leg swing at a Hibs fan in full kit running across the area arms in air.

https://youtu.be/OCaYoq1RECU?t=518

MyJo
31-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Wouldn't surprise me.

Although my memory of the day is a bit hazy I do remember at each of the Hibs goals the police and stewards were quick to run out and make a cordon in front of the support in case anyone tried to run on.

I'm almost certain that didn't happen at the 3rd.

Your absolutely spot on, when each of the first three goals went in there were plenty of police that came out and surrounded the pitch.

They have then buggered off on 70 minutes to prepare for a cup parade at Ibrox because The Rangers have decided that was the cup won and informed the police of thier plans meaning they were not there to manage the crowd when we equalised.

we then scored the winner and the game ended while those police who had been deployed to Ibrox on the say-so of The Rangers were still trying to get back to Hampden and encountered The Rangers fans showing thier restraint by attacking police vehicles and blocking the road with thier kids while it all kicked off inside the ground.

:faf: you couldn't make it up.

lapsedhibee
31-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Watch the technical area from the moment this link starts, someone looking like wearing a blazer takes a leg swing at a Hibs fan in full kit running across the area arms in air.

https://youtu.be/OCaYoq1RECU?t=518

Or at 3:55:33 on the BBC coverage, if you can't stand Andy Wa*ker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oMaOM6pGs

JeMeSouviens
31-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Or at 3:55:33 on the BBC coverage, if you can't stand Andy Wa*ker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2oMaOM6pGs

Swiftly followed by Fat Hun punches Horse's arse. :greengrin Comdey gold. :not worth

Onion
31-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Your absolutely spot on, when each of the first three goals went in there were plenty of police that came out and surrounded the pitch.

They have then buggered off on 70 minutes to prepare for a cup parade at Ibrox because The Rangers have decided that was the cup won and informed the police of thier plans meaning they were not there to manage the crowd when we equalised.

we then scored the winner and the game ended while those police who had been deployed to Ibrox on the say-so of The Rangers were still trying to get back to Hampden and encountered The Rangers fans showing thier restraint by attacking police vehicles and blocking the road with thier kids while it all kicked off inside the ground.

If there's any truth in this - and it will come out in the police / IC review - will surely prove to be one of the most embarrassing moments in football (and that's saying something). Not sure who I'd be more embarrassed for the Huns or the Cops. :greengrin Mortifying.

Marco G
31-05-2016, 03:51 PM
If there's any truth in this - and it will come out in the police / IC review - will surely prove to be one of the most embarrassing moments in football (and that's saying something). Not sure who I'd be more embarrassed for the Huns or the Cops. :greengrin Mortifying.
Wonder if SFA will backtrack on the independent committee report being published in full if that turns out to be true?

Waxy
31-05-2016, 04:20 PM
Bet alot of people wished theyd just said nothing now.

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 04:29 PM

No way that is true IMO. Anything could and did happen at the ground.

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Even if true wouldnt be too sure about that.

JimBHibees
31-05-2016, 04:31 PM

Is that right?

Keith_M
31-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Is that right?

Have a look earlier on this thread, the Tweets are pictured.

DCI Gene Hunt
31-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Lol. This is getting more hilarious by the day!

I'm sure all of this will of course be reflected upon in the "impartial" investigation that will not at all favour the innocent The Rangers Football Club and its innocent well-behaved supporters...

Gene

Topographic Hibby
31-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Wonder if SFA will backtrack on the independent committee report being published in full if that turns out to be true?
Any word on the "independent committee" yet?

Final was 10 days ago now, clubs, staff & players will be in holiday shutdown mode. We are also probably having to find a new coaching/management set-up to prepare for our early "European" start to the new season.

My top-tip for the chair of the committee is Tony Higgins. Well versed in the way of SFA and with his Union hat on, will be very protective of player safety etc. And he was there, watching from a comfy chair. Probably with a wry smile that Rod would be proud of....

If TRFC statements have been bonkers up to now, wait for the "howls at the moon" when they get wind of that one!!

Deansy
01-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Lol. This is getting more hilarious by the day!

I'm sure all of this will of course be reflected upon in the "impartial" investigation that will not at all favour the innocent The Rangers Football Club and its innocent well-behaved supporters...

Gene

Am thinking the same !. As every day passes, there seems to be more and more 'proof/evidence' coming out that will result in justice being done and the Hun/media are gonna be left looking foolish - this is Scottish Football and if this DOES turn out to happen (justice), it'll be a FIRST !!

This is just my opinion but this is the Hun we're talking about, an angry Hun that's been force-fed stories coming from their own people and a corrupt/inept/agenda-driven media, people/media for whom, the pitch invasion was like a 'Gift from heaven' !!. It's allowed them to get the hordes to concentrate 100% on the invasion and NOT the loss of a cup-final which would've allowed them to boast 'We're back !!'. It's also given them a brilliant excuse when explaining there's NO INCREASE in the transfer-budget !.

You can bet that any evidence helping us will be lost/not used or just completely ignored !. Anything at all that would make a lie out of the Hun/Traynor's first ridiculous, absurd and hilarious statement (which it was so blatantly so - "All 11 Rangers-players were physically attacked " - MY ARSE !!) will NOT be allowed to happen !!

monktonharp
01-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Am thinking the same !. As every day passes, there seems to be more and more 'proof/evidence' coming out that will result in justice being done and the Hun/media are gonna be left looking foolish - this is Scottish Football and if this DOES turn out to happen (justice), it'll be a FIRST !!

This is just my opinion but this is the Hun we're talking about, an angry Hun that's been force-fed stories coming from their own people and a corrupt/inept/agenda-driven media, people/media for whom, the pitch invasion was like a 'Gift from heaven' !!. It's allowed them to get the hordes to concentrate 100% on the invasion and NOT the loss of a cup-final which would've allowed them to boast 'We're back !!'. It's also given them a brilliant excuse when explaining there's NO INCREASE in the transfer-budget !.

You can bet that any evidence helping us will be lost/not used or just completely ignored !. Anything at all that would make a lie out of the Hun/Traynor's first ridiculous, absurd and hilarious statement (which it was so blatantly so - "All 11 Rangers-players were physically attacked " - MY ARSE !!) will NOT be allowed to happen !!It is a given, that almost 99% of Hibernian fans on here agree with you. we are also well aware of the media,the sfa and the hun version of things and unbelievably Fraser Wishart (ex-hun) the union rep for players was almost immediately backing the comments of The Rangers. these comments, from the likes of him and the The Rangers biased media should be ignored during any enquiry along with the comments of erseholes like the co-commentators of sky and the bbc. totally biased against us and making comments like.......the Hibs fans are on the pitch, this is outrageous , it's 1980 all over etc. It was a totally different situation, and everybody bar their dug kens that!I am all for a full independent enquiry, but, will it be so? the very fact that the office set up for this is actually a few hundred yards from Ibrox in Helen Street Govan. there's a surprise. have it in Ocean terminal or the Vine bar, naw?

Alex Trager
02-06-2016, 10:39 PM
No idea or not whether they have but have The Rangers released a statement about how their fans used illegal pyro? Or how they have given out life bans to those on the park because the players were actually off the park?
Or how they pulled certain people's names through the mud for writing even pieces in the media?
Or how they sung their songs?

Genuine question. I have seen there have been bans for the bams who were hibbys and scrapping, deservedly so, but no idea about the victims?

Sir David Gray
02-06-2016, 10:42 PM

I really hope that's true! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-06-2016, 10:46 PM
I really hope that's true! :greengrin

Me too. :greengrin

greenginger
03-06-2016, 08:33 AM
No idea or not whether they have but have The Rangers released a statement about how their fans used illegal pyro? Or how they have given out life bans to those on the park because the players were actually off the park?
Or how they pulled certain people's names through the mud for writing even pieces in the media?
Or how they sung their songs?

Genuine question. I have seen there have been bans for the bams who were hibbys and scrapping, deservedly so, but no idea about the victims?

So far I think I have read about 3 Hibs supporters being charged with offences during the pitch invasion.

I don't think I've seen any Rangers fans being charged, unless its kept very low profile or not reported at all on the instructions of the Blue Room.

Has any of them been in court yet ?

Andy74
03-06-2016, 08:41 AM
So far I think I have read about 3 Hibs supporters being charged with offences during the pitch invasion.

I don't think I've seen any Rangers fans being charged, unless its kept very low profile or not reported at all on the instructions of the Blue Room.

The Scotsman ran an article that ultimately was about a Rangers fan who had been charged but the way it was written led you to believe he was a Hibs fan.

Captain Trips
03-06-2016, 08:44 AM
A handful of arrests, nobody injured that I have heard of, the "fighting" was largely runing about swinging then running off, a few maybe actual fights that broke up as quickly as started.

The whole thing is really just a total joke of a scenario, it looked bad on first viewing but upon reflection its a pile of utter piss of a riot. The papers know this and it seems some are disappointed folk were not more seriously hurt to justify some of their reports.

greenginger
03-06-2016, 08:46 AM
The Scotsman ran an article that ultimately was about a Rangers fan who had been charged but the way it was written led you to believe he was a Hibs fan.

I wonder what happened to all the mugshots of guys with Rangers tops/scarfs that they wanted to identify ?

greenginger
03-06-2016, 09:00 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14528874.Teen_in_court_charged_with_being_part_of_ Scottish_Cup_final_mayhem/

I found this in the Glasgow rags.

Brandon Jones from Clermiston charged with seizing hold of Dale Pryde and throwing him to the ground .

Dale Pryde is the nutter charged with trying to assault Wallace and Holt.

So, is Brandon Jones an Edinburgh Hun charged with assault or a Hibby trying to restrain the Hibs nutter.

The article is almost deliberately unclear.

Brightside
03-06-2016, 09:01 AM

That was the boy from Cleri yeh? It made no mention he was a rangers fan but he was done with hooking the guy that tried to hook the rangers player.

greenginger
03-06-2016, 09:10 AM
That was the boy from Cleri yeh? It made no mention he was a rangers fan but he was done with hooking the guy that tried to hook the rangers player.

That would give support to their claim they came on to the pitch to save their players. :confused:

Any idea where Wallace was when the Hibby was trying to assault him ? Could any Rangers fans have got involved by this time ?

Treadstone
03-06-2016, 09:13 AM
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14528874.Teen_in_court_charged_with_being_part_of_ Scottish_Cup_final_mayhem/

Brandon Jones from Clermiston charged with seizing hold of Dale Pryde and throwing him to the ground .

So, is Brandon Jones an Edinburgh Hun charged with assault or a Hibby trying to restrain the Hibs nutter.

No almost about it. Deliberately framed to lead the reader into thinking this is a Hibs fan.

Bayern Bru
03-06-2016, 09:50 AM

Wouldn't be the first time they've used that tactic to try and get more people reading the article / buying the paper.

It is deliberate, make no mistake.

JimBHibees
03-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Wouldn't be the first time they've used that tactic to try and get more people reading the article / buying the paper.

It is deliberate, make no mistake.

Evening Times famously had a headline, Gers fan saves policeman the day after the Riots in Manchester (2008 so only 8 years ago) failing to mention it was Rangers fans that were trying to kill the cop.

CapitalGreen
03-06-2016, 09:56 AM
No almost about it. Deliberately framed to lead the reader into thinking this is a Hibs fan.

He is a Hibs fan.

greenginger
03-06-2016, 10:06 AM
He is a Hibs fan.

And he is being charged with taking out the Hibs nutter that tried to assault the rangers player. :confused:

Killiehibbie
03-06-2016, 10:10 AM
And he is being charged with taking out the Hibs nutter that tried to assault the rangers player. :confused:Looks like he has a better defence than all those huns that only came on to protect their players.

The Green Goblin
03-06-2016, 10:54 AM

Have Hibs been made aware of this, so that they can make a point of telling the commission for them to investigate it?

The Green Goblin
03-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Any word on the "independent committee" yet?

Final was 10 days ago now, clubs, staff & players will be in holiday shutdown mode. We are also probably having to find a new coaching/management set-up to prepare for our early "European" start to the new season.

My top-tip for the chair of the committee is Tony Higgins. Well versed in the way of SFA and with his Union hat on, will be very protective of player safety etc. And he was there, watching from a comfy chair. Probably with a wry smile that Rod would be proud of....

If TRFC statements have been bonkers up to now, wait for the "howls at the moon" when they get wind of that one!!

Set up, currently doing its thing. Report will be published on July 31st.

The Leith Dutch
03-06-2016, 10:56 AM

Pretty sure the guy over from Northern Ireland shown kicking the Hibs supporter in the head while he was on the ground got huckled.
He was certainly identified and the evidence is pretty much the same as what the guy gesticulating at the hun keeper was faced with.

Up until very recently I'd have been very cynical about whether the pursuit of each support would have been even handed with an expectation that a blind eye would be turned to the hun fans. Having seen the recent statements from the Police about the abuse they faced trying to get back into the ground I think they may just get what's coming to them this time :agree:

greenginger
06-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Two weeks ago Regan was ranting because a few thousand Hibbies were on the sacred grass of Hampden Park.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/14530499.VIDEO__Bruce_Springsteen_proves_who___s_t he_Boss_of_Hampden/

Then they have 55,000 on the pitch by invitation.

TrinityHibs
06-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Two weeks ago Regan was ranting because a few thousand Hibbies were on the sacred grass of Hampden Park.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/homenews/14530499.VIDEO__Bruce_Springsteen_proves_who___s_t he_Boss_of_Hampden/

Then they have 55,000 on the pitch by invitation.

I never made the pitch on the 21st but was guilty last week on my fourth trip to Hampden this year. As Meatloaf almost said three out of four aint bad.

greenginger
06-06-2016, 08:34 AM
And its getting reported Hibs supporters goaded this lot too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e76BZialpPk

:greengrin

jodjam
06-06-2016, 09:09 AM

I know Brandon. He is a Hibs fan

blaikie
06-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Evening Times famously had a headline, Gers fan saves policeman the day after the Riots in Manchester (2008 so only 8 years ago) failing to mention it was Rangers fans that were trying to kill the cop.

They also print big Rangers stories in big bold orange writing on the bac page ..... i just don't see the need!

--------
06-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Has it been mentioned on here that the story is that Rangers advised Police Scotland that they were going to be opening the turnstiles to Ibrox after the match to take the cup back there, so on 70 minutes, police decided to deploy a number of officers to Ibrox. G4S also sent a few bus loads of stewards over too, on to receive a call 10 minutes later to say, come back hibs have scored. This story has been confirmed by the Hibs stadium announcer on social media.

So SEVCO decide without consultation to open Ibrox for a gloatfest over winning the Cup TWENTY MINUTES before the match is over?

They TELL Police Scotland - in this case effectively the old Strathclyde Police - that this is what they're going to do and that PS should get police and stewards over to Ibrox so that they can do this thing, and PS meekly touch the forelock and say. "Yes, SEVCO, no SEVCO, whatever you want, SEVCO ..." and pack half their personnel into buses and send them off.

Because after all, The SEVCO Rangers could never lose the game being 2-1 up with 20 minutes still to play.

And THAT'S why there weren't enough police and stewards in Hampden at full time?

Smartie
06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
The inquiry is going to be very interesting.

TBH it wouldn't surprise me if everything written in the press has been horse***t. The 11 injured players, the Rangers fans blockading the police, Rangers wanting to open Ibrox to parade the cup. It all smacks of nonsense to me.

I've heard that if this is what is concluded then the Rangers fans will consider it to be a whitewash too.

I just hope that if much of it is found to be nonsense then those who have fanned the flames and besmirched the reputations of fans of both clubs get taken to task for it.

I was there, and I haven't got a clue what went on. All I know was that there was nobody that I encountered that was even close to a rioting mindset.

ian cruise
06-06-2016, 10:13 AM
So SEVCO decide without consultation to open Ibrox for a gloatfest over winning the Cup TWENTY MINUTES before the match is over?

They TELL Police Scotland - in this case effectively the old Strathclyde Police - that this is what they're going to do and that PS should get police and stewards over to Ibrox so that they can do this thing, and PS meekly touch the forelock and say. "Yes, SEVCO, no SEVCO, whatever you want, SEVCO ..." and pack half their personnel into buses and send them off.

Because after all, The SEVCO Rangers could never lose the game being 2-1 up with 20 minutes still to play.

And THAT'S why there weren't enough police and stewards in Hampden at full time?

Just playing devil's advocate but what do Police Scotland do there, it's lose/lose for them? Do what they did, and there's not enough police at stadium but inversely if they had ignored the advice, Rangers had win and Govan turned in to a riot they would be lambasted and Rangers would be releasing statements saying they told the police and they were ignored.

Rangers arrogance has caused the problem if this is true. They should have let the police force their job and paraded the cup the day after.

Smartie
06-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Just playing devil's advocate but what do Police Scotland do there, it's lose/lose for them? Do what they did, and there's not enough police at stadium but inversely if they had ignored the advice, Rangers had win and Govan turned in to a riot they would be lambasted and Rangers would be releasing statements saying they told the police and they were ignored.

Rangers arrogance has caused the problem if this is true. They should have let the police force their job and paraded the cup the day after.

I can't believe that Rangers would wait until the 70th minute to let the police know that this was their plan though.

The police need to prepare for all eventualities - if Rangers were to parade the cup at Ibrox, the police would have needed to know this in advance. I'm sure we were to be prevented from doing likewise if we'd won the League Cup.

It was staggering though that there was such a low police presence at the Hibs end of the ground after an injury-time winner.

GloryGlory
06-06-2016, 10:19 AM

Or Police Scotland could have refused them permission to open Ibrox immediately after the game, saying there weren't enough police to cover both events. Could have said to The Rangers open on Sunday instead.

Kojock
06-06-2016, 10:28 AM

The arrogance of Sevco knows no bounds. Before the game Sevco already had a fully decorated open top bus within Hampden which the Hibs squad saw on their arrival. Thankfully David Gray pissed on their chips.:na na:

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2016, 10:30 AM
I can't believe that Rangers would wait until the 70th minute to let the police know that this was their plan though.

The police need to prepare for all eventualities - if Rangers were to parade the cup at Ibrox, the police would have needed to know this in advance. I'm sure we were to be prevented from doing likewise if we'd won the League Cup.

It was staggering though that there was such a low police presence at the Hibs end of the ground after an injury-time winner.

My take on it is Rangers DID advise them pre game, and it was the Police commander that made the call at 70 mins to send police and stewards over in preparation. Maybe I'm wrong tho, and maybe this didn't happen at all. Just seems strange for the Hibs stadium announce it to (unofficially) confirm this on facebook.

Caversham Green
06-06-2016, 10:47 AM

The one thing the police should not have done under any circumstances was to leave a stadium full of opposing sets of fans under-policed.

Whether the story about the Ibrox parade was true or not they somehow contrived to do just that.

jacomo
06-06-2016, 11:15 AM
The one thing the police should not have done under any circumstances was to leave a stadium full of opposing sets of fans under-policed.

Whether the story about the Ibrox parade was true or not they somehow contrived to do just that.

You are right, of course.

If the Police Commander did not have enough personnel to cover both sites, he surely had to react to the situation as it was happening, and not the situation as it might be later?

Waxy
06-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Thats what smug Halliday must have been signalling when he scored. That's it guys. Get yourselves over to ibrix for a big party.

OsloHibs
06-06-2016, 11:33 AM
Have they found out who was the Rangers official in the suit that kicked the hibby? Assault at its finest!

bigwheel
06-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Perhaps we should start a campaign to find the blue and white ribbons - you know , the ones that they thought were going on the cup - wonder where they are now [emoji2][emoji1][emoji471]

Waxy
06-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Perhaps we should start a campaign to find the blue and white ribbons - you know , the ones that they thought were going on the cup - wonder where they are now [emoji2][emoji1][emoji471]
They'll have just stuck them on the petrofied cup.

StevieT
06-06-2016, 11:40 AM

I thought Warburton had them, but then no-one knows where he is either.

bigwheel
06-06-2016, 11:57 AM

[emoji2][emoji2][emoji106]

jacomo
06-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Warburton still MIA after the 'atrocities' at the Riot of Hampden?

Has he got shell shock?

Geo_1875
06-06-2016, 12:44 PM

Has he got shell shock?

Probably in witness protection and awaiting relocation under a new identity.

jacomo
06-06-2016, 01:16 PM

His safety is the most important thing.

Luckily, he could pass for any double-glazing salesman without his magic hat.

plhibs
06-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Don't see or read many Scottish papers over here but has the bread man been seen or said anything about the game?

Hibs Class
06-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Don't see or read many Scottish papers over here but has the bread man been seen or said anything about the game?

No - maybe we should resurrect our #prayformark campaign

Engels74
06-06-2016, 02:27 PM
The revisionism continues with this shockingly bad article Today's Belfast telegraph. It really does take the biscuit. Ruth Dudley Edwards is the 'journalist' Sevco are being demonised apparently.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/ruth-dudley-edwards/success-on-the-pitch-would-be-the-perfect-way-for-resurgent-rangers-to-confound-those-who-choose-to-demonise-club-34774268.html

plhibs
06-06-2016, 02:28 PM
No - maybe we should resurrect our #prayformark campaign

He really shows a lot of respect (his favourite word) for all the other teams in Scotland, NOT!

GloryGlory
06-06-2016, 02:34 PM
The revisionism continues with this shockingly bad article Today's Belfast telegraph. It really does take the biscuit. Ruth Dudley Edwards is the 'journalist' Sevco are being demonised apparently.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/ruth-dudley-edwards/success-on-the-pitch-would-be-the-perfect-way-for-resurgent-rangers-to-confound-those-who-choose-to-demonise-club-34774268.html

Given the newspaper, I suggest she may be playing to the gallery a bit. :greengrin

Apparently, The Rangers players were attacked by "thousands" of Hibs fans. Hyperbole.

Mr White
06-06-2016, 02:34 PM

That is frightening.

SlickShoes
06-06-2016, 02:36 PM

Reads like a fan blog or traynors pen name. They are the worst of the worst.

Velma Dinkley
06-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Her article seems to be based entirely on mixture of what some random The Rangers fan on Twitter has told her and her own bigotry.

--------
06-06-2016, 02:44 PM

http://licensingsource.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Warburtons500x500.jpg

The Muppets in white coats came and took him to their "rest home" ....

He has a nice rubber room all to himself:

http://sj.blacksteel.com/padded-cell/Posey03.jpg

jacomo
06-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Reads like a fan blog or traynors pen name. They are the worst of the worst.

At least it doesn't claim that they were 'relegated' to Div 3.

The rest of it though... :rolleyes:

Kato
06-06-2016, 02:49 PM

She talks about "deindividuation" after claiming, "thousands of victorious Hibernian fans - overwhelmed by a success they hadn't had since 1902 - had poured on to the pitch, attacked Rangers players and goaded supporters."

Get that -- "thousands -- of Hibs supporters -- attacked Rangers players".

Engels74
06-06-2016, 02:50 PM
That was my take on it!
Her article seems to be based entirely on mixture of what some random The Rangers fan on Twitter has told her and her own bigotry.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-06-2016, 02:54 PM
What an absolute pile of hun *****.

--------
06-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Given the newspaper, I suggest she may be playing to the gallery a bit. :greengrin

Apparently, The Rangers players were attacked by "thousands" of Hibs fans. Hyperbole.

Dudley Edwards published "The faithful Tribe", a 600-page book about the Loyal Institutions in Northern Ireland back in 2000. To do so she spent a lot of time with members of the LOI, Apprentice Boys, and Royal Black, and clearly made friends. She's obviously listened to and swallowed whole everything her Orange friends have told her about the match and its aftermath and then regurgitated it whole and undigested.

She admits she does not and never has had any interest in football; that should disqualify her to write as an expert on what went on on the pitch at Hampden Park that afternoon.

She's a Dublin-born Catholic, btw, who calls herself a "revisionist" historian which suggests to me that on certain subjects she knows what she's going to say long before she starts writing the article. In other words, you get only one side of the story, and no real research or understanding involved.

Oddly enough, she's also written a very well-received biography of Padraig Pearse and another respected short biography of our own James Connolly.

I don't think she's a bigot - I think this is a case of Literary Stockholm Syndrome - spend enough time with the unspeakable and you start to make excuses for them. In the end you see them as the persecuted "good guys" in whom there is no darkness at all.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Dudley Edwards published "The faithful Tribe", a 600-page book about the Loyal Institutions in Northern Ireland back in 2000. To do so she spent a lot of time with members of the LOI, Apprentice Boys, and Royal Black, and clearly made friends. She's obviously listened to and swallowed whole everything her Orange friends have told her about the match and its aftermath and then regurgitated it whole and undigested.

She admits she does not and never has had any interest in football; that should disqualify her to write as an expert on what went on on the pitch at Hampden Park that afternoon.

She's a Dublin-born Catholic, btw, who calls herself a "revisionist" historian which suggests to me that on certain subjects she knows what she's going to say long before she starts writing the article. In other words, you get only one side of the story, and no real research or understanding involved.

Oddly enough, she's also written a very well-received biography of Padraig Pearse and another respected short biography of our own James Connolly.

I don't think she's a bigot - I think this is a case of Literary Stockholm Syndrome - spend enough time with the unspeakable and you start to make excuses for them. In the end you see them as the persecuted "good guys" in whom there is no darkness at all.

Related to Owen, formerly of this parish?

Edit..they're siblings.

--------
06-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Related to Owen, formerly of this parish?

Edit..they're siblings.

Aye, and like Owen, Ruth's a bit of a controversialist. If the accepted view says "black", she'll say "white" - automatically. That's what being a "revisionist historian" means, I think.

She spent a lot of time with members of the LOI while she was writing her book, and I would imagine they were all on their very best behaviour around her. They wouldn't be calling her a "Fenian bitch" or a "Taig" for example, which are expressions I've heard from some of the nastier specimens around North Lanarkshire applied to Irish women they either dislike or disagree with.

My guess is that while she was writing "The Tribe" she was well and truly taken in. "Went native" is the expression that comes to my mind.

That article about the game is appalling - she's a more than decent historian and should be above the bigotry and bias that just oozes out of every sentence there.

She says it up front - she has no interest in football and has never paid the game any attention - so how can she possibly write an article like that as if she's an expert?

Just goes to prove you can be very highly educated, and still be an idiot. :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
06-06-2016, 03:52 PM
One that was massively swept under the rug was the rangers fan trying to grab (abduct) the hibs kid

Not in the interest of the public in the eyes of the west coast media?! How convenient!

That was the most frighten part of the entire affair

ionahibby
06-06-2016, 04:04 PM

Had to laugh at the fact that even getting called sevconians hurts them or as the urban dictionary puts it bald and toothless! Poor souls http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://618ff4a7-7391-49df-95da-b41f83e110e6/imagegif

KWJ
06-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Maybe we should all get on twitter and threaten her with violence showing pictures of where she lives?

Of course not, that's a horrific thing to do.

Doesn't stop some Rangers supporters.

http://archive.is/yDGnp

Hibs Class
06-06-2016, 04:29 PM

Clearly she missed the lesson on irony at journalist school

Onion

Who's to say they didn't ? Could easily have been OK'd ahead for Sat and PS/Sevco just jumped the gun. Whatever the explanation for the ridiculously low police presence at Hampden, it will not show PS or the SFA in a good light. Even if the Huns prevented some police from getting to Hampden, still begs the question - where were they ?

Reasonable to think the police run some scenario planning, and one outcome would be a last minute Hibs win and the inevitable pitch invasion. As others have said, there was a mad rush of Hibs fans down towards the pitch when Stokes scored on 79 mins, so the warnings were there for all to see.

Maybe the ref/officials just didn't follow follow the usual script and will be asked to account for their actions that caused the problem :greengrin

Deansy

'As Sinn Fein did to Orangemen and the RUC, so extreme Scots republicans are trying to do to Rangers, with the intention of demoralising them by denying them sympathy, equality, dignity or respect'

Oh FFS -

1) 'Sinn Fein'/'Orangemen'/'RUC' - there's only ONE Scottish club's supporter's where these organisations/titles/phrases occur regularly in their vocabulary/feature regularly on their web-sites or who have ANY interest in them!!

2) Is there such a thing as 'Scots Republicans' ?? If so, who are they ?

3) 'denying them sympathy, equality, dignity or respect' - do yourself a favour lady, and get your axxe over to 'Greyskull' for just the ONE game and see if you still think/feel the same way ??. Better still, spend one half of the game in their support and the other in the visitors-end - I promise you, THAT will be an experience !!

Jack Hackett
06-06-2016, 05:11 PM
What a crock of ****! Poor wee downtrodden...nay... demonised... loyalists. My heart bleeds for the f*****s.

Jack
06-06-2016, 06:16 PM
In a cold and dispassionate way I can see the police point of view and the scenario of Hibs being 2-1 down after 114 years and 70 minutes and a sevco fest coming up it would be the right thing for the Govan police to join the party.

As for the sevcovians having a tarted up bus to take them to the pre arranged decorated ibrox. GIRUY.

Having been away since the day after the final I'm only catching up with this thread, it grew too quickly to keep up, this revelation of the previous arranged sevco fest adds to the warm glow of the Spanish sun.

--------
06-06-2016, 06:18 PM
What a crock of ****! Poor wee downtrodden...nay... demonised... loyalists. My heart bleeds for the f*****s.

My sentiments exactly, Father Jack.

We must pray for the poor wee souls. :faf:

Keith_M
06-06-2016, 06:26 PM
#prayforsevconians

hibs0666
06-06-2016, 07:56 PM

Has he got shell shock?

Cummings tweaked his nose and flicked him the vickys. Still in intensive care apparently.

Mr White
06-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Cummings tweaked his nose and flicked him the vickys. Still in intensive care apparently.

Tam McCourt gave him a chinese burn

#prayforwarbs

PatHead
06-06-2016, 08:17 PM

Whilst Cummings did that it was not the reason he is in hospital. A hun supporter stuck his magic hat up his erse sideways in disgust. Surgery was complicated by removing Chic Young first.

hibs0666
06-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Whilst Cummings did that it was not the reason he is in hospital. A hun supporter stuck his magic hat up his erse sideways in disgust. Surgery was complicated by removing Chic Young first.

Heard that was davie weir. Cummings may or may not have mooned Halliday as well - that was allegedly the reason why the guy was greetin hysterically to his mammy.

Caversham Green
07-06-2016, 07:05 AM

I wonder if that's the same hun that thought he was hitting him - it was only when he looked closer that he realised he'd punched a horse's arse.

magpie1892
07-06-2016, 10:56 AM
I don't have a decent source for this or it would have been in the paper but apparently Reading have been speaking to #prayforwarbs about becoming their manager.

On another note, I really hope sevco sign Steven Taylor. He'll slot right into their gash defence.

Lester B
07-06-2016, 11:31 AM
From the Belfast Telegraph story;

"I would hate to see [sevco]supporters going down the victimhood path" :faf:

Finn2015
07-06-2016, 11:37 AM
From the Belfast Telegraph story;

"I would hate to see [sevco]supporters going down the victimhood path" :faf:

Haha class

JeMeSouviens
07-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Ruth Dudley Edwards is an Irish "historian" and has made a career out of attacking Irish nationalism (the mainstream variety, eg. the signatories to the 1916 proclamation (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/the-seven-by-ruth-dudley-edwards-book-review-a-look-back-in-anger-at-dublins-1916-easter-rising-a6936691.html) ) and being an apologist for Orange bigots, eg. this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faithful-Tribe-Intimate-Portrait-Institutions/dp/0006388906).

Her article doesn't even try to pretend she has a clue and jumps straight into her usual warped agenda.

vincipernoi
07-06-2016, 01:19 PM
She (RDE) once wrote a scathing review of a film (about the Irish war of independence I think) and then had to admit she hadn't actually seen it.

magpie1892
07-06-2016, 03:03 PM
She (RDE) once wrote a scathing review of a film (about the Irish war of independence I think) and then had to admit she hadn't actually seen it.

She also admits in the piece in question that she wasn't even at the game. So she missed the numerous renditions of the (illegal) 'The Billy Boys', the prolonged (illegal) chanting that our former manager is a 'fenian *******', the smoke bombs (illegal), flares (illegal), and not a single song from sevco about football (legal, but laughable).

Hibs fans forced them into it, presumably?

jacomo
07-06-2016, 03:24 PM
She also admits in the piece in question that she wasn't even at the game. So she missed the numerous renditions of the (illegal) 'The Billy Boys', the prolonged (illegal) chanting that our former manager is a 'fenian *******', the smoke bombs (illegal), flares (illegal), nand ot a single song from sevco about football (legal, but laughable).

Hibs fans forced them into it, presumably?

Extreme provocation.

They saw the green banner on the turf before kick off and, with commendable restraint, merely sang about being up to their knees in Fenian blood.

These brave Huns are the victims here, don't forget that.

Lester B
07-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Ruth Dudley Edwards is an Irish "historian" and has made a career out of attacking Irish nationalism (the mainstream variety, eg. the signatories to the 1916 proclamation (http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/the-seven-by-ruth-dudley-edwards-book-review-a-look-back-in-anger-at-dublins-1916-easter-rising-a6936691.html) ) and being an apologist for Orange bigots, eg. this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Faithful-Tribe-Intimate-Portrait-Institutions/dp/0006388906).

Her article doesn't even try to pretend she has a clue and jumps straight into her usual warped agenda.

Irony is that her brother Owen Dudley Edwards writes some good stuff. His book on Burke and Hare is marvellous about the Edinburgh of the early 1800s not just the Irish diaspora and the facts of the case. That Indy piece is a beautiful slapdown isn't it?

Jim44
07-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Irony is that her brother Owen Dudley Edwards writes some good stuff. His book on Burke and Hare is marvellous about the Edinburgh of the early 1800s not just the Irish diaspora and the facts of the case. That Indy piece is a beautiful slapdown isn't it?

Did he not once write for the Scotsman? He can't be all good.

Lester B
07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Did he not once write for the Scotsman? He can't be all good.

Good point well made. :aok:

Ged
14-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Russia's fine of 150,000 Euros is a good benchmark here. In fact, part of that was for letting off fireworks and racist singing.

Replace that with letting off smoke bombs and sectarian singing and Sevco could be looking at a bigger fine than Hibs.

Keith_M
14-06-2016, 06:34 PM
Russia's fine of 150,000 Euros is a good benchmark here. In fact, part of that was for letting off fireworks and racist singing.

Replace that with letting off smoke bombs and sectarian singing and Sevco could be looking at a bigger fine than Hibs.

The similarities between the two are quite frightening.

There's already been at least one Russian politician defending the behaviour of their thugs as bravery under duress, and saying they were goaded into action by the English. He even described their Fans as 'National Heroes'.

The Russians are pulling out all the stops to portray themselves as victims.

Spooky but true.

Smartie
14-06-2016, 06:54 PM
And we're probably getting fed a load of guff from our media about what happened over there to paint the English in a better light.

Having been part of the "scenes" at Hampden I'll forever be cynical of the propaganda and nonsense that surrounds events like these.

JJP
14-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Shame that Rangers slurs appear to be sticking with the masses if Twitter is anything to go by. I still don't understand how their narrative of Hibs fans rioted and attacked anything in blue makes any kind of rational sense to anyone after we just recorded one of the biggest wins in our history. British public really are a bunch of media sheepies.

Finn2015
14-06-2016, 07:02 PM

She is disgusting and an orange apologist

Smartie
14-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Shame that Rangers slurs appear to be sticking with the masses if Twitter is anything to go by. I still don't understand how their narrative of Hibs fans rioted and attacked anything in blue makes any kind of rational sense to anyone after we just recorded one of the biggest wins in our history. British public really are a bunch of media sheepies.

I met up with my mates from school last Friday, many of them follow The Rangers to a greater or lesser extent.

To a man they didn't agree with the party line and were quite embarrassed about the way Rangers behaved in the immediate aftermath of the match. They were keen to discuss the match, the season as a whole and their opinions about what should happen post-match were more or less the same as mine (i.e. the punishments for those to have indulged in violence, no punishments for those who invaded the pitch but were not violent and the culpability of the SPFL and the police in the whole affair). This has been my experience of meeting Rangers fans since that game.

The internet however is full of absolute wallopers. There are enough clowns out there who feed of each other's negativity, hatred and downright bonkersness to have given this whole business the legs it has. And presumably led to the Daily Record having a bumper few weeks.

ronaldo7
16-06-2016, 07:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClCEb5hXIAAiGdb.jpg

They still seem to think their fans were protecting their players.:greengrin

Weststandwanab
16-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Not sure publishing an e-mail address openly is a good idea, anyone could contact them

The Boys in Blue went down three two

O'Rourke3
16-06-2016, 08:03 AM
I still want to know where Warbs is. Given they expected to win and enter Europe they should all have reported back now for pre season training. Why aren't there journos camped outside Murray Park?
#prayformark

Hibrandenburg
16-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Oh as I was walking past Hampden Park
I met a total stranger
Said he to me will you come along
And see the Glasgow Rangers

So I went along on that Saturday
To see the famous Glasgow Rangers
But like they do, they got ****ed 3-2
By the famous Edinburgh Hibees

At last we can sing this tune to a true story! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
16-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Puts things into perspective - Imagine if this had happened in or near a football ground ?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/angry-voter-who-chased-labour-councillor-with-chainsaw-escapes-prison-1-4155892

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Most recent statement:

"Rangers have been used to maltreatment by a corrupt and evil society -protestant Scotland- which has historically discriminated against Scottish protestants. However the scenes at Hampden in May in the Scottish Cup final (which was stolen from the club by the IRA-trained outfit Hibernian), forced us to witness new lows in the Scottish game. Rangers players, fans and officials were rounded up, assaulted, and transported to death camps in the colonies, and made to break rocks in the hot sun, before being repeatedly anally raped by packs of fenian-trained wolves infected with the zika virus. Those that survived this ordeal had their throats cut. Where is the so-called sporting integrity in that?

This situation is obviously intolerable, but the Rangers family, have, to a man and woman, borne this fate with the stoical dignity associated with our great club, as epitomised by the late Bill Struth.

However, enough is enough, and Rangers might just decide to walk away from the mess that is Scottish football, where they will be able to play association football without interference from officials, other teams who insist on beating us in cup finals, or tax officials who have brainwashed Her majesty into trying to collect monies due to her from our great club. Then where would Scottish football be?

It's as well that Rangers are made of sterner stuff and don't do walking away etc etc..."

Greencore
16-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Anyone know how lee Wallace's rehabilitation is going?

Kato
16-06-2016, 12:40 PM

He can seemingly now move the big toe on his left foot, sup soup via a straw but is still waiting on a suitable donor to replace his vented spleen. #prayforlee

TrinityHibs
16-06-2016, 12:44 PM

What about Tavernier? Ha she managed to escape from Stokes back pocket yet? That boy is going to be in treatment and on medication for the rest of his career:flag:

MartinfaePorty
16-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Heard 'Thought for the Day' on Radio Scotland earlier this week, where a Rev Alan McDonald was musing on the violence of the weekend, before noting that Scotland shouldn't take the moral high ground given that not 2 weeks before 'players' had been 'attacked' in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup Final. Given that it would appear only 1 person has since been charged with an 'alleged' offence of assault against any player, then, even if they were guilty, that's still only 1 actual attempt proven. Thought someone in his profession would think before they spoke, although not too surprised to be honest, given the hypocrisy of many a clergyman.

Jim44
16-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Heard 'Thought for the Day' on Radio Scotland earlier this week, where a Rev Alan McDonald was musing on the violence of the weekend, before noting that Scotland shouldn't take the moral high ground given that not 2 weeks before 'players' had been 'attacked' in the aftermath of the Scottish Cup Final. Given that it would appear only 1 person has since been charged with an 'alleged' offence of assault against any player, then, even if they were guilty, that's still only 1 actual attempt proven. Thought someone in his profession would think before they spoke, although not too surprised to be honest, given the hypocrisy of many a clergyman.

I think you'll find he has thought long and hard about his message. Talking about righteousness and hypocrasy, did you know that the level of activity among prostitutes in Edinburgh rises dramatically during the week of the General Assembly of The Church of Scotland?

Kato
16-06-2016, 01:42 PM

The Rangers set the narrative of "what happened" minutes after the game. The hard of thinking, lazy writers, the chatterers, the bigots in the msm and anyone who didn't see the game but imagine their worthless tuppence needs chucking in will follow that narrative .

Don't really care what they think or say to tell the truth.