PDA

View Full Version : My feelings on yesterday's cup win

TamHibs
22-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Now that the dust has settled somewhat, I can honestly say behind Eoin being born, this is the best day of my life. People don't always understand why football fans are so passionate about the sport but to go 114 years without a Scottish Cup, all of my family members who never saw us lift that trophy, today that ended. I saw us lift "The Holy Grail", my dad who introduced me to "The Hibs" saw us lift "The Holy Grail", my little sister who at times I could honestly kill finally saw us lift "The Holy Grail", the boys I've spent the last few years with following Hibs home & away to places like Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton, Alloa finally saw us lift "The Holy Grail", even the wife got emotional when the 3rd hit the net because she could see how much this meant to me & all of th 21k in attendance!

We did it & we did it in the most Hibs way possible, when all looked lost Stubbsy finally showed he can change a game by hooking Fontaine for Henderson & changing the shape back to the diamond.

Nobody deserved to be the match winner more than David Gray after the shouts for him to be dropped, and I include myself in that, this season after some poor performances, he never hid & has always represented our great club with pride. Not one of that squad will ever have to buy another drink down Leith again.

We are Hibernian FC & we are Scottish Cup
champions 2016!!!!! 💚💚💚💚