PDA

View Full Version : Retrospective pitch attendance fee

staunchhibby
22-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Suggestions for all those who partied on the pitch yesterday.We should all contribute a £1 towards the fine that is certainly heading our way.:flag::flag:::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 12:03 PM
Suggestions for all those who partied on the pitch yesterday.We should all contribute a £1 towards the fine that is certainly heading our way.:flag::flag:::thumbsup:

There's been a few posts suggesting a gofundme campaign to pay it.

Once we know what the script it I'd be happy to set it up. If everyone there yesterday contributed what they could afford it would be covered no bother.

Keith_M
22-05-2016, 12:06 PM
The Clubs decided on a no liability rule, so Hibs can't be fined for the actions of their Fans.

If they are, though, then Hibs should insist on The Rangers being fined for smoke bombs, 90 minutes of sectarian singing and a section of their support invading the pitch to assault celebrating Hibs Fans.

rcarter1
22-05-2016, 12:07 PM
There's been a few posts suggesting a gofundme campaign to pay it.

Once we know what the script it I'd be happy to set it up. If everyone there yesterday contributed what they could afford it would be covered no bother.

Great idea, and very Hibs class. I wasn't at Hampden at all (more fool me), but I would pitch in a few quid. No danger the club should be lumbered with this.

One Day Soon
22-05-2016, 12:08 PM
If anyone wants to help the club the best way to do that for all concerned is to go and buy a Hibernian season ticket.

I believe it entitles you to watch the Scottish Cup holders all of next season.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2016, 12:24 PM

You might have to make that a twenty pound note as one pound from the few thousand who were on the pitch won't be anywhere near enough if there is a fine coming our way.

GloryGlory
22-05-2016, 12:28 PM
You might have to make that a twenty pound note as one pound from the few thousand who were on the pitch won't be anywhere near enough if there is a fine coming our way.

I fear we will be lucky to get away with just a fine. SFA could make an example of us and do something like ban us from the Cup next season. UEFA also not likely to be happy to see the SFA put Hibs forward for the Europe League.

Golden Bear
22-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Pitch in to repair the pitch although it will be too late for today's Scottish Amateur Cup Final at Hampden.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2016, 12:37 PM
I fear we will be lucky to get away with just a fine. SFA could make an example of us and do something like ban us from the Cup next season. UEFA also not likely to be happy to see the SFA put Hibs forward for the Europe League.

Like the majority of other posters on here, I think that yesterday's events have been well and truly exaggerated. We don't have a history of sectarian singing, crowd disturbances or pitch invasions. In fact we have over the last number of years let other clubs walk all over us while thanking them while they were doing it. A lot of the blame yesterday also lies in the hands of that Glasgow mob. Rangers are applauding their supporters for showing restraint despite some of them running onto the pitch. They'll be telling us next that they only did that as they wanted to shake the Hibs supporters hand and give them a wee kiss on the cheek.

They can do one. I'm off to see Edinburgh's big team parade the big cup.

That's me done.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Pitch in to repair the pitch although it will be too late for today's Scottish Amateur Cup Final at Hampden.

Was repaired yesterday:

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/210516-Scottish-Cup-Final/G0000s70k5qUNb6o/I0000rFLxh54Ovj4/C0000v87mCs6RZjQ