PDA

View Full Version : David Gray - Biggest Hibs Legend Ever?

Bronson
22-05-2016, 11:57 AM
For the captain to score in the 92nd min to win the cup and then lift the trophy after 114 years, where does that rank him in our list of legends?

I know he's only been at the club 2 years, but I genuinely rank him up along side Pat Stanton, Famous 5 etc after yesterday. Maybe I'm getting caught up in the moment, anyone agree?

overdrive
22-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Name a stand after him

rotherhamrob
22-05-2016, 12:07 PM
When subs were being made I thought he was comming of through injury, turned out to be fonts for gunnerson, thank god for that.

Keith_M
22-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I feel a statue outside ER is the very least that should happen

:greengrin

makaveli1875
22-05-2016, 12:08 PM
lawrie riley will always be the biggest hibs legend ever , david gray is a hero , a legend , but will never match what reilly did for hibs both on and off the pitch

RoYO!
22-05-2016, 12:09 PM
He wins the throw in in the build up too. A challenge he had no real right to win!

Smartie
22-05-2016, 12:14 PM
For the captain to score in the 92nd min to win the cup and then lift the trophy after 114 years, where does that rank him in our list of legends?

I know he's only been at the club 2 years, but I genuinely rank him up along side Pat Stanton, Famous 5 etc after yesterday. Maybe I'm getting caught up in the moment, anyone agree?

I agree 100%.

Cocaine&Caviar
22-05-2016, 12:16 PM
When subs were being made I thought he was comming of through injury, turned out to be fonts for gunnerson, thank god for that.

Pretty sure if was Gunnarsson for Hanlon, and Henderson for Fontaine.

Doesnt matter though. We won, GGTTH.

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2016, 12:18 PM

It has to be Lewis Stevenson.
First Hibs player to win both cups

rotherhamrob
22-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Pretty sure if was Gunnarsson for Hanlon, and Henderson for Fontaine.

Doesnt matter though. We won, GGTTH.

Aye you're right, I did type Hanlon, thought I was wrong and edited it.
Either way I'm just glad it wasn't gray :-D

YehButNoBut
22-05-2016, 12:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/karin.lowe.1/videos/1242061109137327/

light hearted interview from last night

YehButNoBut
22-05-2016, 12:27 PM
not from last night from today :greengrin

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 12:35 PM

I agree you're getting caught up in the moment.

Though he has been excellent for us. Commitment has been outstanding from day one.

TAHibby
22-05-2016, 01:07 PM
for a long time after I thought it was keatings that scored the winner 😂 what a legend that man has become, how did that even happen? How. Am i going to wake up and it's the morning of the final?

FromTheCapital
22-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Every single one of them are legends. Players and staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs69
22-05-2016, 01:24 PM
I keep on watching David Grays goal and celebration, over and over, and welling up......., will this ever stop? Are there any amongst us who can answer that? Stop making me greet, David!

LEGEND!!

#2 Double Tap
22-05-2016, 02:10 PM
for the captain to score in the 92nd min to win the cup and then lift the trophy after 114 years, where does that rank him in our list of legends?

I know he's only been at the club 2 years, but i genuinely rank him up along side pat stanton, famous 5 etc after yesterday. Maybe i'm getting caught up in the moment, anyone agree?

f%$k yes

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Sauzee, Best, Turnbull, Reilly, Deek, Stanton - not one of them can claim to have done what Dave did yesterday.

They're all legends for different reasons. But he's up there now for eternity.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Sauzee, Best, Turnbull, Reilly, Deek, Stanton - not one of them can claim to have done what Dave did yesterday.

They're all legends for different reasons. But he's up there now for eternity.

:tsk tsk: Pat Stanton can't claim to have achieved what Lewis Stevenson has achieved. This does not put Lewis up there with Pat.

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 02:28 PM
:tsk tsk: Pat Stanton can't claim to have achieved what Lewis Stevenson has achieved. This does not put Lewis up there with Pat.

But the reason that someone reaches such a level is reaching a certain level above the crowd. Lewis is a legend for a different reason than Pat - but they're both legends in their own right. The only Hibs player to win both the Scottish Cup and League Cup. That's pretty amazing.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 02:35 PM
But the reason that someone reaches such a level is reaching a certain level above the crowd. Lewis is a legend for a different reason than Pat - but they're both legends in their own right. The only Hibs player to win both the Scottish Cup and League Cup. That's pretty amazing.

Wouldn't say it's that amazing. We rather than the Rosses could just as easily have scored the last minute winner in this year's LC final and then we'd have a dozen people in Lewis's position. We could win the LC next year and we'll have maybe eight players in that position. If the ref hadn't been bent in 1979 Arthur Duncan would be in Lewis's position.

What I'm suggesting is that it's a quirk of fate that Lewis finds himself in this unique position. Nothing quirky about Pat Stanton's status!

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Wouldn't say it's that amazing. We rather than the Rosses could just as easily have scored the last minute winner in this year's LC final and then we'd have a dozen people in Lewis's position. We could win the LC next year and we'll have maybe eight players in that position. If the ref hadn't been bent in 1979 Arthur Duncan would be in Lewis's position.

What I'm suggesting is that it's a quirk of fate that Lewis finds himself in this unique position. Nothing quirky about Pat Stanton's status!

Nothing quirky about yesterday either - with the weight of over a century on their shoulders our players put in a momentous, momentous effort.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 02:40 PM
our players put in a momentous, momentous effort.
:agree:

EVENTUALLY
22-05-2016, 04:24 PM
:agree:
Lewis played great yesterday. Fully deserving of everything that comes his way. A lovely wee guy who gives his full tank every single game.