PDA

View Full Version : A sense of togetherness!

Stantons Angel
22-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Before im off on day 2 of the celebrations ive had a chance to reflect on winning the cup and the effect it has had on us supporters as family members as well as being in the Hibs family.

We have had a thread on those who have passed and not seen Hibs win the cup and this got me thinking on just what it meant to me as a life long Hibs supporter and my immediate family.

I went to the game yesterday with my son who had caught an early flight up from London. Being brought up a Hibby he was nervous as he always is and i was a wreck before we even got in the car to leave!

As the game went on and emotions rose again i have never felt closer to my son as i did at the game. He was brimming over with pride and had tears in his eyes. He kept putting his arms around me and hugging me (if you knew my son you would know just how strange this was for him) Oh mum, what if we win??

After Stokes equalized i got out of another bear hug and he said they still have time to win this? And win it they did! the final whistle came and euphoria took over as he danced around the Debenture seats with strangers!

He cuddled me and said he was so happy and so proud to be sharing these moments with me, he had often dreamt of this happening and now it had and it felt great!

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry with him. Love for your children is unconditional along with the pride you have in them.

Yesterday i watched families all around me hugging and crying with happiness, i was thinking that this is the way it should be and im so glad that my son and i had the chance to experience these feelings together and to see Hibs win the SCOTTISH CUP!

Am I the only one willing to share these emotions? id like to hear your stories of sharing this cup win with your loved ones. Come on dont be shy!!

Thecat23
22-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Before im off on day 2 of the celebrations ive had a chance to reflect on winning the cup and the effect it has had on us supporters as family members as well as being in the Hibs family.

We have had a thread on those who have passed and not seen Hibs win the cup and this got me thinking on just what it meant to me as a life long Hibs supporter and my immediate family.

I went to the game yesterday with my son who had caught an early flight up from London. Being brought up a Hibby he was nervous as he always is and i was a wreck before we even got in the car to leave!

As the game went on and emotions rose again i have never felt closer to my son as i did at the game. He was brimming over with pride and had tears in his eyes. He kept putting his arms around me and hugging me (if you knew my son you would know just how strange this was for him) Oh mum, what if we win??

After Stokes equalized i got out of another bear hug and he said they still have time to win this? And win it they did! the final whistle came and euphoria took over as he danced around the Debenture seats with strangers!

He cuddled me and said he was so happy and so proud to be sharing these moments with me, he had often dreamt of this happening and now it had and it felt great!

I didnt know whether to laugh or cry with him. Love for your children is unconditional along with the pride you have in them.

Yesterday i watched families all around me hugging and crying with happiness, i was thinking that this is the way it should be and im so glad that my son and i had the chance to experience these feelings together and to see Hibs win the SCOTTISH CUP!

Am I the only one willing to share these emotions? id like to hear your stories of sharing this cup win with your loved ones. Come on dont be shy!!

What a fantastic post this is. Love reading these things!

I have had two op's in the last 8 weeks and being honest was struggling to make the game yesterday. My son who is 5 is Hibs daft and was left In tears at the LC final.

When Hibs smashed that winner in I dropped to my knees and I couldn't let him go. I've never felt such a closeness and bond than I did yesterday with my son. He just kept saying dad we are going to win it, we are going to do it.

I was a wreck all the way to my car.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Great post, SA. I was on the pitch, dancing with my dad. It's a memory I will enjoy for the rest of my life.

Stantons Angel
22-05-2016, 12:28 PM
You have got me crying again thanks for sharing with us!

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

oconnors_strip
22-05-2016, 01:05 PM
My uncle sadly passed away during the week, he was a big Hibee like me and my dad. The journey through was tough for my dad, when that winner went in I ran to the front to celebrate then hugged my dad so tightly, then when the final whistle went my dad said go and celebrate down the front. I turned round to see the biggest smile on his face, then tears of happiness and sorrow. I've never cuddled my dad so tightly before, we looked to the sky knowing that my uncle was looking down witnessing history.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 01:14 PM
To any of the strangers who I kissed on the pitch - mainly middle aged men - apologies :greengrin

erin go bragh
22-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Didn't think it would feel any different from winning the league cup in 2007 but boy was I wrong . Hugging my son with tears streaming down my face , he's saying " we have won it Dad ".. Best ever foolball related feeling ever . So proud of each and every player . All living Legends .

GGTTH

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 01:43 PM
What a fantastic post this is. Love reading these things!

I have had two op's in the last 8 weeks and being honest was struggling to make the game yesterday. My son who is 5 is Hibs daft and was left In tears at the LC final.

When Hibs smashed that winner in I dropped to my knees and I couldn't let him go. I've never felt such a closeness and bond than I did yesterday with my son. He just kept saying dad we are going to win it, we are going to do it.

I was a wreck all the way to my car.

What a good feeling for you and your son though! :agree:

I've got two sons and the youngest one couldn't make it yesterday due to previous committments. He was gutted at missing the match live!

We all missed him big time although he was able to watch the match on TV and was in text touch during the match with us!

h1bee123
22-05-2016, 01:57 PM
Great post! I'm so happy that you got to share this moment with your son.

My dad passed away last year at a fairly young age (60). Hibs was the thing we bonded over the most and despite yesterday being one of the greatest days in my life, I have to wonder how much better it would have been to share it with him.

Being raised in England, I don't have any friends who support Hibs so went alone yesterday. Thank you to the people sitting next to me for making feel part of a family - I will remember you always.