PDA

View Full Version : Dempster and Petrie, please be strong

Ilovehibs
22-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Leeann and Rod, please be strong and resolute in defending our great club to the SFA and in the face of false statements from The Rangers/media.

Yes, we need to take responsibility for any damage done by our fans but so much of what is being said is completely untrue and unfair.

The SFA are seizing an opportunity to harshly criticise and punish us for things that did not happen. Please stand up to them and make public all that has been shown to be LIES through tv evidence and social media.

Please also highlight all The Rangers misdemeanours that are being glossed over as per usual; smoke bombs, sectarian singing, pitch invading with intent to fight etc.

This was our day, a great day and we do not deserve our reputation to be unjustly tarnished.

Let's all enjoy today's victory parade and celebrations. We won the cup in huge style. This is our time.

GGTTH

zlatan
22-05-2016, 08:59 AM
There has to be a kickstarter or gofundme set up for us to help pay the fine. Worth every penny.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 09:05 AM
For all Rod Petries faults I don't think I'd rather have anyone else in my corner in a fight with the SFA.

Like the idea of a gofundme to help pay the fine as well. Would help the clubs and be a bit of a 2 fingers to the smear campaign as well.

Ilovehibs
22-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Agreed PB and I think Leeann is brilliant at dealing with difficult matters too. Just as well given what they are up against eh.

A fund to pay the fine is a brilliant idea.

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 09:18 AM
We need to fight this publicly to counter the smear campaign.

And "sporting integrity" means holding both clubs to account for all misconduct which includes pitch invasions, smoke bombs and sectarian chanting.

Jack
22-05-2016, 09:27 AM
I thought their smoke bombs were great, must have been industrial strength! Good to see the stewards sorted it out though, or maybe they did nothing, as usual, as similar bombs went off in exactly the same spot later on!

And their list goes on to the same shenanigans as away support gets at Ibrox, chucking stuff from the balcony above the Hibs support in the North Stand. Given the history and supposed investigation that took place after our last visit to Ibrox, who thought that would be a good idea?

What ever happened to that investigation?

YorkshireHibee
22-05-2016, 09:32 AM
There has to be a kickstarter or gofundme set up for us to help pay the fine. Worth every penny.
Ill quite happily donate....

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2016, 09:39 AM
FWIW I think that RP has already done a decent job in containing this and committed to waiting until any investigation is completed and then the way forward decided on. That was the composed type of statement that should really have come from the mouthpiece of the SFA rather than the knee jerk reaction from Reagan which is no more than an ill advised escalation. Just another example of why this man is not fit for purpose.

The Green Goblin
22-05-2016, 09:45 AM
FWIW I think that RP has already done a decent job in containing this and committed to waiting until any investigation is completed and then the way forward decided on. That was the composed type of statement that should really have come from the mouthpiece of the SFA rather than the knee jerk reaction from Reagan which is no more than an ill advised escalation. Just another example of why this man is not fit for purpose.

A bit harsh NH, no? He had just seen his beloved team lose the final in the dying seconds. Tsk tsk :greengrin

Ilovehibs
22-05-2016, 09:48 AM
A bit harsh NH, no? He had just seen his beloved team lose the final in the dying seconds. Tsk tsk :greengrin

Ha ha!

Shocking words from him. So determined to get Hibs into as much trouble as he can.

Go on Leeann and Rod. Stand up to the bias.

Galahibby
22-05-2016, 09:54 AM

Rodders should buy up the rest of the pitch and package little bits of it up as souvenirs. Fine paid :aok:

Zorro
22-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Rodders should buy up the rest of the pitch and package little bits of it up as souvenirs. Fine paid :aok:

That is a genius idea!

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 10:56 AM
It's clear that they want to punish us for the mere fact that we beat their beloved Sevco. The SFA are a real angry, ugly, bigoted bunch. They'll be taking this defeat hard.

Deansy
22-05-2016, 11:08 AM

'Knee jerk reaction from Reagan' - nonsense - Reagan was simply showing his paymasters that he was still on their side and that he still loved them dearly - despite them just getting it right up them from us !!

WhileTheChief..
22-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Regan's next statement will be much more reasoned. He will have seen the evidence and then realise that he jumped the gun hugely and added to the hysteria.

RP played a blinder. We'll come out of this just fine.

And we'll still be the Cup winners :thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
22-05-2016, 11:12 AM
it really makes me so angry to listen to the media turn a celebratory pitch invasion into a full scale war zone!

Firstly the Hibs support should not have gone on to the pitch. But the release of such high emotions explains why they did!

This was not a confrontational act by any means, it was them who ran on the park to face up to the Hibs support. If our support did attack their players and plant one on them. Then this should be dealt with as it is bringing the club into disrepute!

I listened to Petrie's interview and i thought he handed it well. He brought the interviewer back to the subject in hand away from the so called violence they kept going on about!

Yes the SFA must be seen to be doing something about the unruly behaviour and as long as they take into account the smoke bombs issue, and the vile sectarian singing and their supporters coming on the pitch looking for a fight. I will take it on the chin!! BUT will this be included in the referees report at all?

Leeanne will not let them dictate to her and she will stand her ground with them. She is no push over and they will not bully her the way they do other team's representatives!

Rod wont flinch an inch either he knows there are things we have to answer to as a club and his view on over exuberance is the correct stance to take.

I too would gladly give to any fund set up to help with paying any fine.!!

RoYO!
22-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Why didn't the police come out and man the perimeter of the pitch after our 3rd? They seemed to up presence after every other goal. Scoring the winner with two mins to go? Was clearly going to need a presence there

H13BYM
22-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Why didn't the police come out and man the perimeter of the pitch after our 3rd? They seemed to up presence after every other goal. Scoring the winner with two mins to go? Was clearly going to need a presence there

Anyone with half a brain looking at the status of the game as it was, a pitch invasion was inevitable after all these years, there was nothing at all in place to deter the vast numbers who entered at the end. The match commander I think got it wrong, very wrong.

RyeSloan
22-05-2016, 10:53 PM

Bizarre really! As you say every other goal out they came but after an injury time winner they were no where to be seen.

Green-Hibee-7
23-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Ban the Daily Record, Sun and any other red top weegie rag. Ban that twat Andy Walker from ER for life. Sickens me he played for us.

Undoubtably any Hibs fan who assaulted a Rangers player/staff member should be rightly punished accordingly. But the papers and Glasgow run BBC are going to be after us for weeks.

We should be firing out a statement accepting that any such accusations of harm to Rangers personal is outrageous and apologise. However we should be asking for an investigation into sectarian singing, assaults on Hibernian fans from Rangers supporters who should never have been confronting Hibs fans and question why Rangers are defending these people and condoning retaliating violence.

****** each and every last one of them.

GGTTH!

Nameless
23-05-2016, 05:54 AM
I have 100% faith in Dempster and Petrie to protect Hibs. The statements coming out of sevco, and the dross in the red tops is scandalous. Any wrong doing by our support will be righty punished, but sevco will regret poking the beast when Rodders is finished with them - independent, impartial investigation....who has more to fear from that, us or them? Let the games begin!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 06:16 AM
I have 100% faith in Dempster and Petrie to protect Hibs. The statements coming out of sevco, and the dross in the red tops is scandalous. Any wrong doing by our support will be righty punished, but sevco will regret poking the beast when Rodders is finished with them - independent, impartial investigation....who has more to fear from that, us or them? Let the games begin!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

I agree that Sevco and the meeja are going all "over exuberant" about the aftermath.

However, no matter the circumstances pitch invasions are a big no-no. I accept the vast majority who went on the pitch did so out of joy, with no malicious intent. But some clearly headed right up the pitch, way past the half way line. Why did they need to do that at all?

Unfortunately, the unthinking and selfish actions of some Hibs fans have given the meeja a stick to beat us with and taken some of the gloss off the cup triumph.

Before anyone condemns me as being a killjoy, imagine this scenario:

Hibs lost to The Rangers on Saturday and, in their joy at seeing their team win the Scottish Cup for the first time, The Rangers fans had poured onto the pitch in their exuberance. Would we be happy about this? Or indifferent?

Another scenario:

Last month's game at ER had been a Championship decider and The Rangers clinched the Championship. In their joy and over exuberance, their fans invaded the pitch at their delight in seeing their team promoted to the SPL for the first time ever.

In addition, I would point out that breaking the goalposts = the offence of criminal damage. Tearing up parts of the pitch = the offence of criminal damage. No ifs or buts. Those were criminal offences.

Now some may say that who cares, Hibs will pay for the damage anyway? Well to me that's like saying who cares if someone breaks into your house and trashes the furniture, the insurance company will pay? Or who cares if someone assaults you, the NHS will provide treatment for free?

And I know The Rangers fans were at it too, but two wrongs never make a right.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 06:25 AM
I agree that Sevco and the meeja are going all "over exuberant" about the aftermath.

However, no matter the circumstances pitch invasions are a big no-no. I accept the vast majority who went on the pitch did so out of joy, with no malicious intent. But some clearly headed right up the pitch, way past the half way line. Why did they need to do that at all?

Unfortunately, the unthinking and selfish actions of some Hibs fans have given the meeja a stick to beat us with and taken some of the gloss off the cup triumph.

Hibs lost to The Rangers on Saturday and, in their joy at seeing their team win the Scottish Cup for the first time, The Rangers fans had poured onto the pitch in their exuberance. Would we be happy about this? Or indifferent?

Another scenario:

Last month's game at ER had been a Championship decider and The Rangers clinched the Championship. In their joy and over exuberance, their fans invaded the pitch at their delight in seeing their team promoted to the SPL for the first time ever.

In addition, I would point out that breaking the goalposts = the offence of criminal damage. Tearing up parts of the pitch = the offence of criminal damage. No ifs or buts. Those were criminal offences.

Now some may say that who cares, Hibs will pay for the damage anyway? Well to me that's like saying who cares if someone breaks into your house and trashes the furniture, the insurance company will pay? Or who cares if someone assaults you, the NHS will provide treatment for free?

Rangers fans did invade the pitch at ER when they won the league in 2005. If they want to claim to be the same club they can take the bad history as well.

That was potentially a far more dangerous situation as, unlike Saturday, most of the opposing fans (who just happened to be us) where also staying behind to celebrate qualifying for Europe.

I may be wrong but I don't remember too much chat about 'severe provocation' then.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 06:30 AM
Rangers fans did invade the pitch at ER when they won the league in 2005. If they want to claim to be the same club they can take the bad history as well.

That was potentially a far more dangerous situation as, unlike Saturday, most of the opposing fans (who just happened to be us) where also staying behind to celebrate qualifying for Europe.

I may be wrong but I don't remember too much chat about 'severe provocation' then.

Agreed. And given The Rangers ridiculous statement yesterday that their fans who invaded the pitch were justified in doing so because of Hibs' fans provocation, surely there is an equal argument that Hibs fans were justified in their actions too, because The Rangers had been singing provocative, sectarian songs, including one aimed specifically at Hibs manager, all afternoon and had inflamed the situation?

However, that is not really justification, it is a false argument, because it supports people taking the law into their own hands to address grievances. Two wrongs never make a right.

Beefster
23-05-2016, 06:36 AM
I can't help feeling that, aside from ****ing up their budget for next year by winning the Scottish Cup and qualifying for Europe and their Directors' complete lack of class/clean criminal records etc, the bitterness all stems from Dempster and Rodders' complete refusal to bow down before The Rangers at the start of the season and sell Allan for two tracksuit tops and a packet of Hubba Bubba.

brisbanehibs
23-05-2016, 06:56 AM
I think Alex McDonald's comments in the Scotsman this morning help clarify the Huns' strategy. They want our Europa Cup place. Fascinating to see how the media deal with this. Graham Spiers already called it right on Twitter let's hope others follow suit. Not hopeful.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Onion
23-05-2016, 07:05 AM

Another scenario:

100% agree. Why any Hibs fan would want to run up all the way up to The Rangers end and start goading them - completely mindless. Hibs have waited generations for this moment, yet some Hibs fans felt it was more important to focus on some unimportant Rangers fans rather than celebrate with their fellow Hibs fans and for the club. Those fans had no understanding of the occasion and enormity of what Hibs had just achieved.

Joe6-2
23-05-2016, 09:26 AM
I think Alex McDonald's comments in the Scotsman this morning help clarify the Huns' strategy. They want our Europa Cup place. Fascinating to see how the media deal with this. Graham Spiers already called it right on Twitter let's hope others follow suit. Not hopeful.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

What does Spiers say?

ekhibee
23-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Another scenario:

Totally agree, if we end up being fined heavily (and there's every possibility of that), or, worst case scenario not allowed into Europe (unlikely, but possible), those idiots have cost the club money big time. There is no excuse for it, if it had been the other way around, and I'm sure it has been in the past, we would be the first to criticize the behaviour. As you say, they've given a biased media a stick to beat us with. I thought the fans running on to the pitch was almost inevitable, but it was mostly harmless. Maybe there's a different rule in England by the way, the Leicester fans invaded the pitch and as far as I'm aware nothing was done.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 10:02 AM
What does Spiers say?

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/734445645545803776

"A Rangers FC spokesman at his clunking, verbose best. Pitiful stuff this..."

Nice wee jab at the Fat Slug Jabba. :wink:

BSEJVT
23-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I can't help feeling that, aside from ****ing up their budget for next year by winning the Scottish Cup and qualifying for Europe and their Directors' complete lack of class/clean criminal records etc, the bitterness all stems from Dempster and Rodders' complete refusal to bow down before The Rangers at the start of the season and sell Allan for two tracksuit tops and a packet of Hubba Bubba.

Agreed

I think its also payback time for our sporting integrity stance that saw them demoted to the 3rd division.

They have proven themselves to be vindictive and with long memories against others

It also masks their failings and how little dodgy Dave has actually put into them, that they had such a pitifully small squad with such few options

SJM
23-05-2016, 10:09 AM
100% agree. Why any Hibs fan would want to run up all the way up to The Rangers end and start goading them - completely mindless. Hibs have waited generations for this moment, yet some Hibs fans felt it was more important to focus on some unimportant Rangers fans rather than celebrate with their fellow Hibs fans and for the club. Those fans had no understanding of the occasion and enormity of what Hibs had just achieved.

Our north stand was right beside theirs.

I didn't go on the pitch, I sat in utter disbelief crying, phoning my family and hugging everyone around me but I didn't see hibs fans running up to the west stand. Hibs fans mainly ran on the pitch because a) emotion and b) nobody knew what to do and seen others running. I refuse any hibee, none went on for a fight. Every single hun that did tho done for that reason. I would even go as far as saying it wouldn't surprise me if it was a couple of rangers players pushing hibs fans out the way that caused bother.

I'll tell you something though. I'll never be back to Ibrox ever. There could be carnage instigated by these rangers statements.

JeMeSouviens
23-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Agreed

I think its also payback time for our sporting integrity stance that saw them demoted to the 3rd division.

They have proven themselves to be vindictive and with long memories against others

It also masks their failings and how little dodgy Dave has actually put into them, that they had such a pitifully small squad with such few options

Classic move from the New Hun playbook. We're totally pish so get those wagons circled before the mugs realise why. :rolleyes:

RoxburghHibs
23-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Agreed

They weren't demoted? they were a new club and entered the leagues (rightly) in the lowest league.

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Our north stand was right beside theirs.

I didn't go on the pitch, I sat in utter disbelief crying, phoning my family and hugging everyone around me but I didn't see hibs fans running up to the west stand. Hibs fans mainly ran on the pitch because a) emotion and b) nobody knew what to do and seen others running. I refuse any hibee, none went on for a fight. Every single hun that did tho done for that reason. I would even go as far as saying it wouldn't surprise me if it was a couple of rangers players pushing hibs fans out the way that caused bother.

I'll tell you something though. I'll never be back to Ibrox ever. There could be carnage instigated by these rangers statements.

I'm prepared to bet that Hibs get drawn against The Rangers at Ibrox in the first match in next season's Scottish Cup. :wink:

kezbar
23-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Hibs must apologise in the strongest terms. We destroyed the goalposts and pitch, some rangers players appear to have been threatened or in one case assaulted. None of that is Hibs class. A small minority of fans did this, the rest was over exuberance.

However Hibs must stand upto the lies coming from both the press and Rangers, players being beaten, kicked and stamped did not happen, but some of the hibs family embarrassed our good name.

Stand strong hibs and counter the lies and the campaign to kick us out of Europe or defending the Scottish cup. Also ask the question how many fans have been banned from Ibrox for the sectarian singing in December and the sanctions the SFA have imposed (none)

hibee62
23-05-2016, 10:19 AM
They weren't demoted? they were a new club and entered the leagues (rightly) in the lowest league.

And they were given special dispensation for that!

BSEJVT
23-05-2016, 10:22 AM

I think there is truth in both our interpretations of it, if they were properly treated as a new club ( which I accept they were, a new club that is) they would not have entered at league 3, they would have been far lower.

The SFA in bottling out of acting properly gave them that straw to clutch at.

Make no mistake though, part of their response is payback for our part is seeing them there.

Its a totally transparent circle the wagons strategy designed to get the hordes onside