PDA

View Full Version : Steven McLean

Future17
22-05-2016, 08:51 AM
After the shambolic refereeing we've suffered recently, I thought he had a very good game.

Thought it was worth a thread as refs only tend to get a mention when things have gone wrong.

BoltonHibernian
22-05-2016, 08:53 AM
I honestly thought he had a bad game. Gave us barely anything and couldn't wait to blow his whistle for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
22-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Hmm thought he gave them every 50/50 to be honest. No major game changing moments which is about as good as we can expect IMO.

LaMotta
22-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Hmm thought he gave them every 50/50 to be honest. No major game changing moments which is about as good as we can expect IMO.

Very good advantage for our first goal.

JimBHibees
22-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Very good advantage for our first goal.

Not so sure about very good good seemed a relatively simple decision to make.

SaulGoodman
22-05-2016, 08:56 AM
He gave us that free kick right at the death when it looked an obvious Rangers free kick that they would've ended up thumping into the box.

Good guy, imo :greengrin

LaMotta
22-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Not so sure about very good good seemed a relatively simple decision to make.

Probably mate but i think today of all days we can give the ref a bit credit!

ED Hibee
22-05-2016, 09:08 AM
I think the fact that there is not much to say about him suggests he had a good game. No controversial decisions either way. And allowed the game to flow rather than stopping for every infringement.

Sammy7nil
22-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Lewis did appear to have a wee push in the box and he could have given a pen

O'Rourke3
22-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Not the worst but I was left scratching my head at some of the tackles from The Them deemed ok and similar tackles on them blown for a free kick. The stats will show we caused more fouls in the game. That said, The Fat Messi's dive in the second half wasn't given - although neither was he carded for diving.

Watched the whole of the aftermath from the beeb transition last night. Mentioned once for having a good game. Probably right on balance.

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Agree that McLean had a good game and even contributed to what was a good match by being willing to let play continue rather than blowing at every opportunity.

Very nice feeling to know that we won a good game of football fair and square rather than having it handed to us by a biased referee.