PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Fans

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Lets step back from the madness surrounding the pitch invasion for a second.

How good were the fans today? We outsung Rangers from start to finish (with songs with a relevance to football into the bargain) and whilst I can't speak for elsewhere everyone around me was still willing the team on at 2-1 down.

I for one was very proud to be a part of that today along with 21000 of my fellow fans.

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 10:27 PM

How good were the fans today? We outsung Rangers from start to finish (with songs with a relevance to football into the bargain) and whilst I can't speak for elsewhere everyone around me was still willing the team on at 2-1 down.

I for one was very proud to be a part of that today along with 21000 of my fellow fans.

Well said. The truth is that the vast majority got right behind the team :agree:

1068gary
21-05-2016, 10:27 PM
The best supporters in the world, without doubt!

coldingham hibs
21-05-2016, 10:30 PM

Second that, we are mental👊 (In a good way)

hibee_girl
21-05-2016, 10:31 PM
:agree:

Was a great atmosphere around us today, no moaning just 100% backing of the players.

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 10:35 PM

The fans were magnificent today. Absolutely amazing. They were solidly backing the team throughout and deservedly rewarded with two late goals. Never got on their backs once.

:top marksto all the fans who travelled and gave the club 100% support today.

cleanyman
21-05-2016, 10:39 PM
The support throughout the game was unbelievable.

A joy to be a part of it all

Vault Boy
21-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Incredible today, couldn't help but sing along, even from way down here. If it results in another noise complaint from the tube next door then so be it. :greengrin

StevieT
21-05-2016, 11:12 PM
I said to my fiancee that it was great to hear songs in support of the team rather than having a go at the opposition or party songs like they sing.

Everyone was right behind the team today, from first to last. I believe that it got the team over the finish line.

NAE NOOKIE
21-05-2016, 11:17 PM
The fans were brilliant from start to finish ... they were brilliant, I was brilliant, everybody was brilliant ...... HIBEES !!!!

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 11:26 PM
There's going to be all sorts thrown at us. Kickback have a multiple page thread reporting fights up and down Leith Walk which is utter nonsense. I was in the area where they have taken pictures from and the Police were just keeping an eye on things, asking folk to stay off the road and asking people not to take drinks outside pubs and so on. All very good natured and a total party atmosphere.

It's up to us to remember, and remind others, of just how fantastic our support was today.

Penicuik Hibee
21-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Fans amazing today during the match.

Craig_in_Prague
21-05-2016, 11:27 PM
A positive, supportive crowd today, it was very impressive, especially given the lows we keep being delivered. At 2.1 I was naturally fearing the worse but Hibs fans continued to support the team and hope remained. Hope soon then turned to glory, as well as tears.
I'm exhausted from today but it was a day that'll live with me and every other hibee, forever.

Congratulations Alan Stubbs and team.
Wonderful achievement!

Tomorrow should be tremendous.
GGTTH

hibs69
21-05-2016, 11:33 PM
It's up to us to remember, and remind others, of just how fantastic our support was today.

Absolutely spot on.

Nothing will tarnish today as far as I'm concerned.

Northernhibee
21-05-2016, 11:35 PM
Pleasure to experience that with you all.

marinello59
21-05-2016, 11:40 PM

I said that at several times during the game today. And we are. Today we got our prize.

lord bunberry
21-05-2016, 11:45 PM
There's going to be all sorts thrown at us. Kickback have a multiple page thread reporting fights up and down Leith Walk which is utter nonsense. I was in the area where they have taken pictures from and the Police were just keeping an eye on things, asking folk to stay off the road and asking people not to take drinks outside pubs and so on. All very good natured and a total party atmosphere.

The clowns that have never been intimate with a woman outside the family circle from kickback are hurting from the fact that they have 1. Been rogered senseless from there "uncle" and 2. That they've got nothing on us after today.

Green Man
21-05-2016, 11:47 PM
The Hibs fans were coming over loud and clear on the TV, what a tremendous support.

scooby
21-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Absolutely amazing day today, our supporters were immense and definitely helped to get us over the line. What a brilliant day to be a hibby. Feel privileged to have witnessed this with four of my kids, they have just had the best day of their short lives. Very emotional watching the reaction of elderly fans around us who were struggling to take in what they'd just witnessed.
We all really deserve this, the lows have been brutal, but the highs are incredible.
Time for heroes indeed!

lord bunberry
21-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Having a quick scout around other teams fans forums the consensus is that we did ok today. In fact I've never seen as much love dished out to another team. We won today, be happy about that, so many generations of hibees didn't

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 12:10 AM
Having a quick scout around other teams fans forums the consensus is that we did ok today. In fact I've never seen as much love dished out to another team. We won today, be happy about that, so many generations of hibees didn't

Yep.

I've had a look at Aberdeen, Celtic, Motherwell and St Mirren forums. General view seems to be we deserved the win, the scenes at the end were not only understandable but enjoyable and that Rangers fans should have just left us to it.

Pete
22-05-2016, 12:13 AM
I'm guessing the Rangers and Hearts forums are the only two who have a slightly different take on things.

hibby6270
22-05-2016, 12:24 AM
Not only was the support at Hampden absolutely spot on (including the pitch invasion btw:agree:), the scenes I witnessed outside the Harp and Castle in Leith Walk will live with me for a long time.

What were the council thinking about putting a zebra crossing right outside - it was bound to lead to some high jinx use of it and tonight was the perfect opportunity.

Well done guys. You rounded off my day perfectly. Never thought my 22 bus would get past yous.
:cb:aok::greengrin:thumbsup:

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 06:50 AM

We parked in Allison Street, just off Pollockshaws Road and took the "long way" to the East side of Hampden via Aitkenhead Road and NEVER saw any trouble whatsoever going to or from the match. :agree:

Indeed, many local folk, seeing our Hibs colours, congratulated us on the deserved Hibs win on the way back to the car! :agree:

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 07:02 AM
We deserved that, this group of players have not been on this journey with Hibs for well me 28 years.

That win was for me all those missed chances all those last minute losses all those humiliating defeats the 2 relegations.

All of that seemed to be released yesterday. It puts to bed so many disappointments from years gone by up until Friday.

I have never felt like that before after a result and don't know if I will again.

Onto the team though. Thank you for what you did yesterday never will be forgotten.