PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans sectarianism and pro-terrorist singing

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Yet again we had songs about Fenians and garbage such as Father's Advice (pro-loyalist terrorist song) today, yet you can bet the media will deflect it all on to Hibs fans being on the pitch at full time, though 99 per cent were merely celebrating the end of a 114 year wait, myself included. Any Hibs fans who indulged in violence should face the consequences, but I'm sure they are very few number; yet watch the media cowards once again move the focus onto those fans who were impeccably behaved today, whilst thousands of bigoted idiots have the audacity to also point the finger. Easy targets for vituperation, as incorrigible offenders in the Rangers support once again are given a free pass.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Yet none of this will get mentioned, im actually starting to get ratty with some of them i know, making out they were hard done by today

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Yet again we had songs about Fenians and garbage such as Father's Advice (pro-loyalist terrorist song) today, yet you can bet the media will deflect it all on to Hibs fans being on the pitch at full time, though 99 per cent were merely celebrating the end of a 114 year wait, myself included. Any Hibs fans who indulged in violence should face the consequences, but I'm sure they are very few number; yet watch the media cowards once again move the focus onto those fans who were impeccably behaved today, whilst thousands of bigoted idiots have the audacity to also point the finger. Easy targets for vituperation, as incorrigible offenders in the Rangers support once again are given a free pass.

It is simply shocking that these vile songs are once again being sung by the majority by a scottish football clubs supporters and nothing done about it.

Only in Scotland.

warwickboy
21-05-2016, 08:52 PM

I watched this on the telly, Nearly hit the roof when Gray's heider went in. Great game, great swing, great celebrations.

But I'm pig-sick of the media bias (that doesn't exist) and the sectarian chanting (that I thought was outlawed, but doesn't exist) throughout the game. The BBC are OBSESSED with the OF. It's sickening.

1) Strachan was interviewed before the match and a large chunk of the conversation was about Brendan Rogers as Celtic manager. At a Hibs/Rangers SC Final! WTF!?

2) Despicable scenes at the end, Hibs to blame clearly.

3) Snipped the "Sunshine on Leith" celebrations. Will say that's cos of the lost time. I wanted to see that.

I've been annoyed about the BBC's coverage of our game, but now it's clear that they do not give a flying about the "diddy teams". Like Hibs.

Ask yourself: it was clear there was going to be a MASSIVE outpouring if Hibs won. Guess what happened.

Oh, and for that Sevco/Huns/The Rangers statement that they've issued, here's a few reminders that they seem to have forgotten about:

1972:

In the days following the match Dynamo Moskow and the Soviet FA demanded a replay on the grounds of the pitch invasion which took place before the final whistle.

After initially denying his club's culpability, Rangers manager Willie Waddell criticised those fans who had caused trouble.

While UEFA initially seemed sympathetic with the Russians and some neutral commentators agreed that the game should be replayed, however no replay was ever scheduled and Rangers kept the trophy. Rangers did however lose the possibility of defending the trophy as they were handed a two-year ban from European competition following their fans' behaviour, which was later reduced to a one-year ban. This marked the first time in the history of the competition that the winners were banned from playing in Europe the following year. It has been suggested that the riot was the first major instance of British football hooliganism to receive widespread attention in continental Europe, contributing to the eventual designation of it as "the British disease".

1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE

2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA4GkVVHCQ

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-05-2016, 09:01 PM
I watched this on the telly, Nearly hit the roof when Gray's heider went in. Great game, great swing, great celebrations.

But I'm pig-sick of the media bias (that doesn't exist) and the sectarian chanting (that I thought was outlawed, but doesn't exist) throughout the game. The BBC are OBSESSED with the OF. It's sickening.

1) Strachan was interviewed before the match and a large chunk of the conversation was about Brendan Rogers as Celtic manager. At a Hibs/Rangers SC Final! WTF!?

2) Despicable scenes at the end, Hibs to blame clearly.

3) Snipped the "Sunshine on Leith" celebrations. Will say that's cos of the lost time. I wanted to see that.

I've been annoyed about the BBC's coverage of our game, but now it's clear that they do not give a flying about the "diddy teams". Like Hibs.

Ask yourself: it was clear there was going to be a MASSIVE outpouring if Hibs won. Guess what happened.

Oh, and for that Sevco/Huns/The Rangers statement that they've issued, here's a few reminders that they seem to have forgotten about:

1972:

In the days following the match Dynamo Moskow and the Soviet FA demanded a replay on the grounds of the pitch invasion which took place before the final whistle.

After initially denying his club's culpability, Rangers manager Willie Waddell criticised those fans who had caused trouble.

While UEFA initially seemed sympathetic with the Russians and some neutral commentators agreed that the game should be replayed, however no replay was ever scheduled and Rangers kept the trophy. Rangers did however lose the possibility of defending the trophy as they were handed a two-year ban from European competition following their fans' behaviour, which was later reduced to a one-year ban. This marked the first time in the history of the competition that the winners were banned from playing in Europe the following year. It has been suggested that the riot was the first major instance of British football hooliganism to receive widespread attention in continental Europe, contributing to the eventual designation of it as "the British disease".

1980:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE

2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNA4GkVVHCQ

Would probably disagree with this part. Hibs weren't in charge of security...yes it was Hibs fans involved but even blind man could see that was going to happen if we won it...so why werent the necessary security arrangements in place?

craigmcfarlane
21-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Hey,

The Sectarian issue will never resolve itself until Rangers (or Celtic) either dissolve or an asteroid hits the west coast. Which ever happens first.(My bet is on the asteroid)

There is too much of this ingrained into their very fabric of the culture of this club and many fans actually pride themselves on that. Prime example, This is going back 20 years or so, I was through in Glasgow with a Rangers supporting mate(We all have one) who wanted to buy the new home kit, it was also the same day that the new 3rd kit was released (the "Dutch" orange one) there was also an Orange walk scheduled for that day.

This event clearly stuck with me as I saw folk in the march, wearing the 3rd kit as well as people nipping in to the shops to buy it, then to join in on the march. Now to my mate this was purely coincidence but I was having none of it, as this was disgraceful behavior and folk were reveling in
this atmosphere.

Another example look at the domestic abuse statistics that skyrocketed during the last Old Firm game (I believe it was a 42% rise,correct me if I'm wrong) but where is the media/SFA and Old Firm clubs/fans challenging this? Anyone? Nope nowhere to be seen or heard, but a few "nasty Hibs fans" use the goalposts like a jungle gym and the media start to lose their minds.

I've seen Rangers fans become incredibly nasty and entitled when results do not go in their favor and will use any excuse to justify dirty and underhanded tactics to gain the upper hand in order to maintain their status quo (If only Rick Parfitt had a say in this) within the Scottish game.

It doesn't matter what the Old firm does, as they have a symbiotic relationship with the SFA. If somehow Edinburgh or the rest of Scotland could wrestle the power base away from the west coast, you may have a better chance of dealing with this, but with the main media hubs/national stadium in Glasgow, there isn't much hope as I would consider many of the journalist embedded reporters in a "War like" scenario.

What i trying to say that this will never change even if you get an entirely new structure, the only thing you can do, is highlight their poisonous nature to the rest of the UK/world in order to make a difference.

warwickboy
21-05-2016, 09:37 PM
Would probably disagree with this part. Hibs weren't in charge of security...yes it was Hibs fans involved but even blind man could see that was going to happen if we won it...so why werent the necessary security arrangements in place?

Apologies, I was being sarcastic with that line. Should have made that clearer.