PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT: PITCH INVASION

RSS Bot
21-05-2016, 08:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6525)

Vault Boy
21-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Fair enough. Hope the minority guilty of the attacks are brought to justice.

Hi Heid Yin
21-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Hopefully, the extreme minority found guilty of violence or threatening behaviour are identified and suitably punished.
Most of those on the pitch were no more than excited, naive youngsters simply expressing their feelings and, yes, getting carried away by the crowd and the occasion. Wembley 1977 springs to mind - torn up turf and collapsed goalposts.

The Green Goblin
21-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes. Fair enough. Here's hoping they also investigate the various huge flares in the Rangers end and the non-stop sectarian singing that began before the match and continued until the winning goal went in.

SJM
21-05-2016, 08:15 PM
What happened like? Please tell me nobody went scrapping or is it about the wee lads that broke the goals like tits?

Alfred E Newman
21-05-2016, 08:15 PM
If Rangers players and staff were assaulted that is not acceptable. I have been waiting all my life for this day and I have to say the pitch invasion spoiled it for me.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2016, 08:17 PM
The match report has to include all incidents. Smoke bombs and all. As Stewart Reagan said this has gone all around the world.

SJM
21-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Yes. Fair enough. Here's hoping they also investigate the various huge flares in the Rangers end and the non-stop sectarian singing that began before the match and continued until the winning goal went in.

Should ask rangers to clarify what the support where calling Stubbsy. It wasn't Scottish cup winning manager as fact that's for sure.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 08:22 PM
Should ask rangers to clarify what the support where calling Stubbsy. It wasn't Scottish cup winning manager as fact that's for sure.

i've always preferred our club keeping a low profile on stuff like that, but you know what...i hope they do drop that little bit in to all media outlets

brog
21-05-2016, 08:22 PM
A statement from The Rangers stating their players were assaulted has IMO the same credibility & authority as The Sun post Hillsborough. Let's not rush to judgement here.

The Green Goblin
21-05-2016, 08:23 PM
i've always preferred our club keeping a low profile on stuff like that, but you know what...i hope they do drop that little bit in to all media outlets

We got the whole back catalogue today. As usual.

GreenCastle
21-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Why were rangers fans on the pitch?

Why did rangers fans have several smoke bombs and fireworks?

Why after the semi final did Rangers fans still have the smoke bombs?

Why didn't hampden have better security ?

Remember when Rangers fans ran on the pitch at ER when they won the league?

Remember Rangers fans in Manchester !

Rangers fans and there so called banned songs ?

erin go bragh
21-05-2016, 08:30 PM

Bunch of bigots . Get it right up you Sevco .Any PBS watchers , weave won both cups 🏆🏆

GGTTH

Pete
21-05-2016, 08:52 PM
:agree:

Deal with hibs fans guilty of assault.

Deal with Rangers fans guilty of assault.

Bill us for the goalposts.

Punish Rangers for their sectarian singing and pyrotechnics.

We can all agree on that surely and let everyone's day be not ruined, tarnished, tainted etc...

CraigHibee
21-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Pitch invasion etc aside, it was good to beat those bigots :flag:

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 08:55 PM
:agree:

Deal with hibs fans guilty of assault.

Deal with Rangers fans guilty of assault.

Bill us for the goalposts.

Punish Rangers for their sectarian singing and pyrotechnics.

We can all agree on that surely and let everyone's day be not ruined, tarnished, tainted etc...

Nothing will tarnish this occasion

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Nothing will tarnish this occasion

This!!!

Best day at a match ever!!! The fans today were magic. Backed the team the who game and nothing not anything could spoil today.

Glory Glory

Hibee Mac
21-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Enough with the occasion being ruined p*sh, that moment will never happen again and I for one will always remember it as the best moment of my time supporting hibs.

douglashibs
21-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I'd have preferred there hadn't been a pitch invasion, if I'm being honest. But when you consider the emotions involved it was inevitable. With Hibs leading going into the final minute, it should also have been obvious to the police who should have been in place to prevent it.

Waxy
21-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Ok they moaned their faces off. Nobodys hurt. We've no won the big cup, since quarter to five.

Aldo
21-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Sadly the only thing reported by the west coast media tomorrow!!

And not the immense win.

West coast way

Lago
21-05-2016, 09:13 PM
I'd have preferred there hadn't been a pitch invasion, if I'm being honest. But when you consider the emotions involved it was inevitable. With Hibs leading going into the final minute, it should also have been obvious to the police who should have been in place to prevent it.
Your last point is absolutely spot on, anyone with half a brain cell should have realised what would happen at the final whistle with Hibs leading 3-2. Why were the police not deployed at that point, had they been there would have been no pitch invasion, guaranteed.

DH1875
21-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Screw all that. What about all the Huns that were on the pitch throwing punches :confused:

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 09:18 PM
The pitch invasion was just a heat of the moment reaction to what had just happened, wasn't for me but I don't really condemn it. These things happen all the time in plays offs down south and are treated like a great spectacle. What's different here? In saying that if any Rangers players where assaulted it's not on, when I see conclusive evidence from the hundreds of cameras in attendance I'll comment.

What all this hyperbole really boils down to is Rangers, along with their friends in the SFA and the media, trying to project the image that there is another set of fans even close to them in terms of vileness. Anyone who has attended games against the at home or especially away knows what I mean. The fact is Rangers, in whatever incarnation, have always been bad winners and especially bad losers. Had we played anyone else today, perhaps with the exception of Hearts, the pitch invasion would have passed off without further incident. I expect nothing less from the SFA and the Sportsound erseholes but I'm suprised at guys like Tam Cowan, as a supporter of a provincial club he really should know the score.

Waxy
21-05-2016, 09:24 PM
The pitch invasion was just a heat of the moment reaction to what had just happened, wasn't for me but I don't really condemn it. These things happen all the time in plays offs down south and are treated like a great spectacle. What's different here? In saying that if any Rangers players where assaulted it's not on, when I see conclusive evidence from the hundreds of cameras in attendance I'll comment.

What all this hyperbole really boils down to is Rangers, along with their friends in the SFA and the media, trying to project the image that there is another set of fans even close to them in terms of vileness. Anyone who has attended games against the at home or especially away knows what I mean. The fact is Rangers, in whatever incarnation, have always been bad winners and especially bad losers. Had we played anyone else today, perhaps with the exception of Hearts, the pitch invasion would have passed off without further incident. I expect nothing less from the SFA and the Sportsound erseholes but I'm suprised at guys like Tam Cowan, as a supporter of a provincial club he really should know the score.
And this is how it is.

BroxburnHibee
21-05-2016, 09:31 PM

Spot on

DH1875
21-05-2016, 09:31 PM
What has Tam Cowan said?

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 09:33 PM
What has Tam Cowan said?

I listened to the show while I was sitting in traffic and I have to say that TC was largely supportive of Hibs, praised their win and tried hard to stop Cosgrove bleating on about the pitch invasion

algraydog
21-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Pitch invasion etc aside, it was good to beat those bigots :flag:so so good

macd123
21-05-2016, 09:48 PM
If Rangers players and staff were assaulted that is not acceptable. I have been waiting all my life for this day and I have to say the pitch invasion spoiled it for me.

It didn't spoil it for me. Not one iota.

JC94
21-05-2016, 09:53 PM
It didn't spoil it for me. Not one iota.

It spoiled it for me, too see opposition players assaulted by our 'fans' is disgraceful. It couldve been known in years by all around Scottish football 'the year Hibs finally won the Scottish Cup', these 'fans' have assured this wont be the case.

HiBremian
21-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Your last point is absolutely spot on, anyone with half a brain cell should have realised what would happen at the final whistle with Hibs leading 3-2. Why were the police not deployed at that point, had they been there would have been no pitch invasion, guaranteed.

From what I've read so far, because of "cost savings". The minimum wage security mob were the front line, it seems, with trained police somewhere else. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm only going by eye witness statements and tv coverage. Await the enquiry with great interest.

Aldo
22-05-2016, 05:42 AM
Should we have invaded the pitch???? No

Should we have jumped on the posts??? No

If And this is a big if Rangers players were assaulted those responsible should be brought to justice???? YES

But to say they are the victims is laughable. Why did Der Hun fans come onto the pitch!

Why not let the Hibs fans enjoy their moment and let them suffer the consequences.

The most vile and disgusting support in Scottish football are acting like the wee innocent boy that had his sweets taken by the big boy!!

As for the West Coast media they are all over this and rubbing their dirty little hands reporting one wee girl was totally terrified and was crying????

What happen happens all over the world!! From what I could see 99.9 percent were in celebrating some did goad the Huns but to say it was an act of violence is shockingly way off the mark

ACLeith
22-05-2016, 05:51 AM

Just reading this now and totally spot on, except one point PB. There are only 3 NON-PROVINCIAL senior clubs in Scotland - Hearts, tge 2016 Scottish Cup winners and Edinburgh City 😀

Stokesy's on fire
22-05-2016, 06:39 AM
The match report has to include all incidents. Smoke bombs and all. As Stewart Reagan said this has gone all around the world.

If it has gone all around the world we will now be blending in a bit better.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 06:49 AM
Its gone round the world wow, fans invade a pitch. Fans around the world will then probably want to know why we invaded.

Who cares football folk around the world will not be arsed. If this had been a French league final and this happened I most likely wouldnt even read it or watch it.

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 06:56 AM
Its gone round the world wow, fans invade a pitch. Fans around the world will then probably want to know why we invaded.

Who cares football folk around the world will not be arsed. If this had been a French league final and this happened I most likely wouldnt even read it or watch it.

If you translate the comments from the French video of the winner folk think it's amazing. No one is going on about any violence apart from the usual red top rags and the Glasgow BBC.

The scenes at the end will be on highlights videos for years to come, football is a passionate game.

ThirdManRun
22-05-2016, 07:04 AM
It couldve been known in years by all around Scottish football 'the year Hibs finally won the Scottish Cup', these 'fans' have assured this wont be the case.

What are you on and can I get some?

O'Rourke3
22-05-2016, 07:11 AM
I listened to the show while I was sitting in traffic and I have to say that TC was largely supportive of Hibs, praised their win and tried hard to stop Cosgrove bleating on about the pitch invasion

I caught a bit on return to hibs.net 1. Not suite TC was supporting or condemning did seem to be in a good mood about us though. SC was defending the fans and asking that the minority who MAY deserve to get punished do, and not tarnish the vast majority who were there to enjoy the moment.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 07:12 AM
What are you on and can I get some?

... his way back to Kaunas, I think.

col02
22-05-2016, 07:16 AM
Would have loved to have seen the trophy paraded but the vast majority who took to the pitch did so in a wave of emotion. The extreme minority who indulged in breaking the goals and goading the Rangers fans and players went too far. It was like a scene from escape to victory at the end.

jacomo
22-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Yesterday saw the most incredible scenes in Scottish football for years. Pure out pouring of emotion.

Shame a small minority of Sevco fans decided to enter the pitch too and cause trouble but they were swiftly dealt with. Their club were graceless losers too, but I suppose not everyone can be dignified in defeat.

I hope the media reporting is accurate and fair but, even if not - nothing will tarnish yesterday for me.

Gatecrasher
22-05-2016, 08:05 AM
Yesterday saw the most incredible scenes in Scottish football for years. Pure out pouring of emotion.

Shame a small minority of Sevco fans decided to enter the pitch too and cause trouble but they were swiftly dealt with. Their club were graceless losers too, but I suppose not everyone can be dignified in defeat.

I hope the media reporting is accurate and fair but, even if not - nothing will tarnish yesterday for me.
:agree: yesterday will go down as one of the best days ever in our clubs history and over time the scenes will add to that IMO.

mghibs
22-05-2016, 08:07 AM
The media can go on about our day being tarnished.. Bring those any who are guilty of adult/scrapping to justice and let us have our day. No matter what, no one can take my memories of yesterday away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
22-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Its gone round the world wow, fans invade a pitch. Fans around the world will then probably want to know why we invaded. Who cares football folk around the world will not be arsed. If this had been a French league final and this happened I most likely wouldnt even read it or watch it.

Millwall fans invaded the pitch the other night but was or has anything been made of it!! It happens in same games and for differing reasons.

Yes there were some of our own FUDS goading Der Huns fans but wtf they could of just left but no they themselves ran into pitch!!

Yeah we shouldn't of done it but it's a non story if you ask me!!

buktapurple79
22-05-2016, 08:10 AM

Spot on. Was high up in main stand seats (hospitality) so didn't get down onto pitch but watching Hibs fans own the pitch was magnificent, we didn't just win the cup we ownedGlasgow, and the Huns couldn't handle it, embarrassing for them that Strathclyde Police, sorry Police Scotland had to rescue them in their city, at 'their' end. Never been prouder, that's a marker we've set down, we are Hibernian FC and no one rolls us over

Aldo
22-05-2016, 08:11 AM
It spoiled it for me, too see opposition players assaulted by our 'fans' is disgraceful. It couldve been known in years by all around Scottish football 'the year Hibs finally won the Scottish Cup', these 'fans' have assured this wont be the case.

Bollox again!

It is and always will be the year Hibernian Football Club won the 2016 Scottish Cup.

These fans ha handful made their way to goad Der Hun and if they are found to have committed an offence they it will get dealt with.

Get over the pitch invasion open your eyes FFS we won the Scottish Cup and that is FACT!

The media will write what they want regardless so who cares!!

neil7908
22-05-2016, 08:24 AM
We will (and should) get done for the pitch invasion and hoping that reports of our fans going for there players turns out to be nothing. I'm not specifically against the pitch invasion but it folk were attacking Rangers players and taunting fans they need to have the book thrown at them. Breaking the goal posts and mucking up the turf is just daft, not dangerous. I have concerns at the punishment we'll get for this but expect to see Rangers in trouble for the Billy boys, flares and smoke bombs and violence from their fans

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 08:28 AM
We will (and should) get done for the pitch invasion and hoping that reports of our fans going for there players turns out to be nothing. I'm not specifically against the pitch invasion but it folk were attacking Rangers players and taunting fans they need to have the book thrown at them. Breaking the goal posts and mucking up the turf is just daft, not dangerous. I have concerns at the punishment we'll get for this but expect to see Rangers in trouble for the Billy boys, flares and smoke bombs and violence from their fans

You will be very disappointed then, Rangers will use their media bias to sweep all that under the rug of our pitch invasion.

We need to just accept it happened and move on, it was 99% joy with 1% bams on the pitch, not much we can do about them other than charge and ban them if they are found guilty in a court of law.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-05-2016, 08:31 AM

Could you go into a bit more detail about what you actually witnessed please? Not too sure what the 'fans' thing is all about, do you suspect they were not Hibs fans?

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 08:34 AM
Am I the only one disappointed by the official statement? We should be emphasising that fans of both clubs were on the pitch. There is a case for going further and saying that we welcome Sevco's call for a full investigation and expect this to cover flares and sectarian abuse.

We're letting Sevco set the agenda with their attempt to distract their fans by playing the victim card.

MyJo
22-05-2016, 08:39 AM
The media and SFA will circle the wagons around Rangers, forget the sectarian chanting which is actually illegal, forget Alan Stubbs being called a fenian b**tard, forget the rangers fans that ran onto the pitch for no other reason than to fight, forget the smoke bombs that were set off that Hamden had extra security in place to try and stop getting into the ground. In the first place, no it's the hibs fans taking to the pitch to celebrate a historic cup win that is the problem.

This is exactly why Scottish football is ******ed.

If there was any violence against rangers players or staff then those people deserve to have the book thrown at them but there were equal amounts of Rangers fans fighting as there were hibs fans, the vast majority of hibees on the pitch stayed at the hibs end and celebrated

Beefster
22-05-2016, 08:43 AM

I thought it was the other way about, JB.

TheMentalHibees
22-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Is there actually any evidence that rangers players were assaulted? Surely there'd be photos or videos floating about if it was so flagrant as the media are making out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 08:49 AM
So far there is one photo showing a hibs fan jumping and swinging his arms at wallace, wallace seems to back off from this. So far that is the worst photo all these cameras at the game seem to have captured.

iwasthere1972
22-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Hibs fans invade pitch and no policemen kicked **** out of.

Rangers fans invade Manchester. We know what happened.

Losers don't usually invade the pitch unless they are up to no good.

Hibs. No longer a soft touch.

Just seen a magic hat up for sale on eBay. One owner and no longer magic therefore going cheap.

Well done Hibs.

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2016, 09:14 AM

It was Cosgrove sticking up for Hibs 100%. He had a go at Tam & said you weren't condoning Motherwell fans for invading pitch in play offs against Rangers. Cosgrove also went on to say as we are in the studio & never seen anything how can we comment Tam.

Gatecrasher
22-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Rangers fans invaded the pitch when they won the league at ER, nothing happened.

The Green Goblin
22-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Hibs. No longer a soft touch. .

This for me.

For years we have been the nice wee club who plays by the rules and don't rock the boat, in the face of retrospective red cards, clear goals not given, clear penalties not given, living within our means whilst others cheat, barely a whimper as media "journos" s****** at our misfortune and talk about "hibsing it" and other clubs get away with absolute murder. Well, here's where I am on it: a lot of folk will be hating the fact that we came out on top yesterday and there's a lot of high horses being sat on today by people who are normally oddly reluctant to condemn the worst aspects of other clubs for the disgusting actions of their fans, especially the one we beat yesterday, who sing their hateful pish every single game with nothing said and the BBC moving their mics so they don't pick it up (arrogant bullies hate it most of all when they get it dished back to them) and it's pathetic. For once, we got it right up the lot of them. Breaking the goals = not good imo, if (IF!!) any of their players were actually assaulted = also not at all okay, (any evidence yet?) but as a general statement of intent, it was long overdue.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Hibs probably felt they had to issue some sort of statement given the media coverage .... but that is in the face of a statement made by Sevco 'moments' after the pitch invasion.

In the days to come if Hibs are going to face a media storm that so far has HUGELY exaggerated the conduct of the fans on the pitch then as a Hibs fan and shareholder ( as many of us are ) I also demand that Hibs ask Sevco to explain why every The Rangers good moment in the game was accompanied by an outpouring of SECTARIAN singing by their supporters. Why their fans were on the pitch ...... fans of the opposition team running on to the pitch in what was OBVIOUSLY an outpouring of positive emotion is only 'provocation' in their world, not everybody elses !!!

Hibs ( while acknowledging that some incidents need to be investigated and dealt with, if backed by hard evidence ) will make me very, very angry if they just bend over and allow the club and its MAGNIFICENT supporters to be unjustifiably dragged through the mud by a bunch of sore losers who are backed by the worst most bigoted vile fans in world football !!!

Over to you Hibs.

Gatecrasher
22-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Just saw Rods interview on Sky about it, stuck up for the fans, he gets it! :agree:

Plus Andy Walker was getting a chubby having a go at us.

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Hibs probably felt they had to issue some sort of statement given the media coverage .... but that is in the face of a statement made by Sevco 'moments' after the pitch invasion.

In the days to come if Hibs are going to face a media storm that so far has HUGELY exaggerated the conduct of the fans on the pitch then as a Hibs fan and shareholder ( as many of us are ) I also demand that Hibs ask Sevco to explain why every The Rangers good moment in the game was accompanied by an outpouring of SECTARIAN singing by their supporters. Why their fans were on the pitch ...... fans of the opposition team running on to the pitch in what was OBVIOUSLY an outpouring of positive emotion is only 'provocation' in their world, not everybody elses !!!

Hibs ( while acknowledging that some incidents need to be investigated and dealt with, if backed by hard evidence ) will make me very, very angry if they just bend over and allow the club and its MAGNIFICENT supporters to be unjustifiably dragged through the mud by a bunch of sore losers who are backed by the worst most bigoted vile fans in world football !!!

Over to you Hibs.

Yep we need to stick together and the club must defend the fans, 99.9% of them behaved well even if they were on the pitch. If anyone is found to have actually attacked a rangers player they should be reported to the police and banned from Easter Road on a solely individual basis, there should be no condemnation of our support as a whole.

green day
22-05-2016, 09:49 AM

Other way round.

itslegaltender
22-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Fans attacking players if true should get banged up.

As for the crossbar and turf, there are pictures on the walls inside Hampden of Wembley where they are shown as something to be proud of.

easty
22-05-2016, 09:53 AM
You will be very disappointed then, Rangers will use their media bias to sweep all that under the rug of our pitch invasion.

We need to just accept it happened and move on, it was 99% joy with 1% bams on the pitch, not much we can do about them other than charge and ban them if they are found guilty in a court of law.

Probably even less than 1% of Hibs fans on the pitch were bams. I was on there, I didn't see anyone looking to fight or cause trouble, just hundreds of absolutley delighted Hibby's.

I don't really understand the few who did go on for the wrong reasons, for me it was all about Hibs winning the cup, nowt to do with getting one over on Rangers, or trying to rub it in their faces. That's just no what yesterday was about. I couldn't care less how their mob felt, I was just ecstatic about being there and seeing us do it.

Jones28
22-05-2016, 09:55 AM

Spot on as per PB

Baker9
22-05-2016, 10:12 AM
I am 68 and I had the pleasure of being in G3 amongst an amazing group of fans. I have never in my life experienced such football joy. Rangers fully expected to win and the fact that we took them apart (21 shots to 7) seems to have upset them. That's the story of the day in a nutshell.

pennyhibee
22-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Photo of dave king whispering in stewart regans ear ,so expect the usual whitewash from the sfa