PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

MyJo
21-05-2016, 06:53 PM
Was it worth another year in the championship and losing the league cup for that victory today?

ABSO-FU**ING-LUTELY!!!!!!!!!!

Had you offered me this at the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off.

Promotion would have been good but it would never have felt as good as this!!!

SuperAllyMcleod
21-05-2016, 06:57 PM
I can never understand those who would choose the league. How often do we win a major trophy (regardless of which league we are in)?

I wouldn't swap today for anything!

Benny Brazil
21-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I was adamant that even winning today shouldnt change anything in how our season has been a failure, I also said Stubbs should leave regardless - happily admit I was wrong - this beats anything that has happened this season.

tinnyhibby
21-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Yes!!! Pinching myself to believe its happened. This is a feelgood moment to savour forever.

OtleyHibs
21-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Yes from me, a massive monkey off our backs. Still can't believe we've won it at last

kaisersmith
21-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Yes - ****ing Incredale

Wilson
21-05-2016, 07:21 PM
I can never understand those who would choose the league. How often do we win a major trophy (regardless of which league we are in)?

I wouldn't swap today for anything!

It shouldn't be about swapping. Who said we couldn't have both? I want hibs to be at the top end of the premier. I want us to be there every season. I want us to win cups but that should be from our place as one of the top clubs and not instead of having that place. I'm sick of our yo-yo existence and I believe we have the people and the set-up to finally get some stability into our great club.

I'm very disappointed that we will not be promoted. What is clear though is that so are the players. That matters. They have got something out of a tough season and they deserve it.

A great cloud has been lifted from above the club today. Everyone associated with the club needed and deserved to have this hoodoo busted. Our path is clear now though. Promotion is the only goal now.

kaisersmith
21-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Yes - ****ing Incredale

Joe Baker2
21-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Yes, yes, yes!

hibee_girl
21-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Totally!

SJM
21-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Greatest moment of my life bar my daughter being born. I wouldn't swap what I felt when david scored for anything bar my daughter being born.

Skol
21-05-2016, 08:16 PM
I wouldnt swap today for anything. Best Hibs related time EVER. That will not be surpassed.

The feeling in those last few minutes were undescribable. Undescribable.

I shed more than a few tears

Hibee Mac
21-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Unbelievable. A moment I will remember for the rest of my life and so glad I got to be there with my old man.

Wouldn't be saying that about a league win so yes, it was totally worth it.

Hillsidehibby
21-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Worthy winners. No more big cup wee cup, bottlers, hibsing.

To see the team singing SOL was worth it alone.

rotherhamrob
21-05-2016, 08:56 PM
I'll tell you this, if we'd won the league, I'd have been happy but I certainly wouldn't have cried tears of absolute joy the way I did at the end today.

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Best Hibs moment bar none for me. Just the most incredible ending to the game. Went through so many emotions. The last minute was pure torture up to the whistle then jubilation. Still utterly confused and stunned and can't stop grinning :)

proud_and_green
21-05-2016, 10:18 PM
I have had a strange feeling since Friday that maybe the price of lifting the curse of the Scottish Cup was to spend three seasons in the Championship, and although I never voiced the feeling I thought we would win today. Daft, I know, but we are all superstitious!

I have supported the Cabbage for 40 odd years (some of them very odd) and was beginning to think I wouldn't ever see us lift the Scottish Cup...as the song goes.

So, I will take another season in the Championship if that is the price.

Now, the monkey is off our backs perhaps we can start to move forward!

Glory Glory to the Hibees!

oh, by the way.....f****n outstanding!

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I said I'd rather be promoted but there is simply no way I would feel like this if we had won the league/beat Falkirk and Killie.

I quite literally have not stopped smiling since Grays goal went in. Every so often it just pops back into my head that we have actually done it and sets off another cheesy grin.

InterviewLoI
21-05-2016, 10:23 PM
This is phenomenally unprofessional but I would like to say, in the immortal words of Craig and Charlie Reid, "thank you!"

I wouldnt have found and stuck with this phenomenal club if it werent for this fanbase and their amazing spirit. Lets not forget that before I bought my first Hibs shirt I had been to cover Mirren, Celtic, ICT, Dundee United, Hearts and these lads and I chose this great club because of you.

This was more than worth it.

BenjiOscar
21-05-2016, 10:25 PM
I had no idea that I would feel the way I feel just now. Every time my mind wanders from thinking about the match, I kind of snap back to reality and then I think "we've just won the cup" and I can't help but smile and laugh. It's brilliant! Must have watched the goals a dozen times so far and having just seen Pat Nevin on Sportscene, you can tell he wants to go and get royally melted!

BenjiOscar
21-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I said I'd rather be promoted but there is simply no way I would feel like this if we had won the league/beat Falkirk and Killie.

I quite literally have not stopped smiling since Grays goal went in. Every so often it just pops back into my head that we have actually done it and sets off another cheesy grin.
It is just so weird that you suddenly think about having won the cup and then just smile and laugh. Brilliant but mental!

proud_and_green
21-05-2016, 10:29 PM

Aye, it is something quite different and very, very special!

proud_and_green
21-05-2016, 10:34 PM
It is just so weird that you suddenly think about having won the cup and then just smile and laugh. Brilliant but mental!

I couldn't stop greeting for the first ten minutes after the whistle. I couldn't believe it, i'm a soldier not a big girl's blouse. Was a bit embarrassed to begin with then looked round and realised I wasn't the only one!

JeMeSouviens
21-05-2016, 10:34 PM
Totally. We can get promoted next year. Apart from the odd game like 6-2 or Ivan at Ibrox it's the League cup wins that really stand out.

Today tops the lot. Out****ingstanding.

LaMotta
21-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Greatest moment of my life bar my daughter being born. I wouldn't swap what I felt when david scored for anything bar my daughter being born.

That was better than my Daughters birth. Ive telt the Mrs and when my wee girl is old enough ill tell her as well :)

Benny Brazil
21-05-2016, 11:55 PM
I couldn't stop greeting for the first ten minutes after the whistle. I couldn't believe it, i'm a soldier not a big girl's blouse. Was a bit embarrassed to begin with then looked round and realised I wasn't the only one!

Was in tears at the final whistle, tears again when I saw the cup with the green and white ribbons on it and tears again at SoL. Nothing to be ashamed of.