PDA

View Full Version : What a way to ruin a historic moment

cleanyman
21-05-2016, 06:52 PM
What were you doing fellow Hibs fans?

It should all be about Hibs and the achievement but instead it's overshadowed by the idiotic actions of some fans.

Really gutted today I didn't get to see the lap of honour

Heisenberg
21-05-2016, 06:56 PM
No lap of honour was disappointing. Didn't ruin the day or the win though. I can totally understand people pouring onto the pitch after 114 years of hurt.

rosco-hibee
21-05-2016, 06:59 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The one fact that will stand the test of time is that Hibs won the Scottish cup in 2016.

In my eyes, those that ran on the pitch are totally forgiven. This was a massive moment in Hibs' history.

The Glasgow media might try to dampen it, but ***** 'em, this is our day now.

Enjoy yourselves boys, we *****ing done it!!!!

xxx

TheMentalHibees
21-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Simmer doon. Emotions took over, happens to the best of us. Absolutely NOTHING can take the gloss off of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
Didn't ruin anything for me, I plan to enjoy the rest of the day as well.

SlickShoes
I can't even describe what I felt at full time, a few idiots won't ever take that feeling away, sorry.

(((Fergus)))
21-05-2016, 07:01 PM
There was absolutely nothing wrong with running onto the pitch to congratulate the players. Pundits/officialdom are just programmed to look down on supporters and/or lack the intelligence to tell the difference between celebration and hooliganism.

The only people who had no good reason to be on the pitch came out of the hun stand.

vercol36
I would have been gutted if there hadn't been a pitch invasion tbh. A huge surge of emotion in that stadium

hibs0666
Just delete this attention seeking thread now

Greencore
21-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Shut up, get a grip, your team has just got its monkey off its back, 114 years is gone, forever. Who effing cares if players didn't run and land on their belly big whoop. People forget how Rangers fans ran on our pitch on helicopter Sunday. So a few drunken idiots flew punches terrible but can't change it doesn't represent the majority of our fans. Get a grip, Hibernian fc, Scottish cup winners 2016.

ChooseLife
21-05-2016, 07:02 PM
The pitch invasion was magnificent, so many people crying and laughing, got a huge chunk of pitch to take home!

Baader
21-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Regrettable and I'd have liked to see a lap of honour but it doesn't overshadow a fantastic day

stantonsboots
21-05-2016, 07:04 PM
never spoiled it one little bit for me.Why were huns on the pitch anyway? we were celebrating they wanted trouble! grow men hitting 12 year old cocks the lot of them and them and they still haven't won any of the major honours in Scottish fitba GGTTH

hibIBZ
21-05-2016, 07:06 PM
I thought it was an unbelievable out pouring of emotion and glad it happened. Any violence is of course deplorable. But the scenes at the end will love with me forever

SlickShoes
21-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Also if the police had any brains and baws they'd have been out in force at 3-2 but they left it to the minimum wage security then trotted out far too late

CapitalGreen
21-05-2016, 07:08 PM
That was better than some sanitised, over choreographed celebration. Pure raw, emotion.

Rasta_Hibs
21-05-2016, 07:08 PM
I would have been gutted if there hadn't been a pitch invasion tbh. A huge surge of emotion in that stadium

Spot on! I'm glad it happened lets them aww ken, we won the Scottish cup and were having a party!!

RoYO!
21-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Just delete this attention seeking thread now

Don't think I've ever agreed with a post more!!!!! Get this binned

GreenNWhiteArmy
21-05-2016, 07:14 PM
The only thing I have an issue with is if any fans did aim any hits at their players. Not one of them know the emotion we went through at full time.

Never let anyone forget Wembley in 76 (granted I'm too young for that) but also the UEFA cup final in Manchester and the scenes at motherwell last year in the play offs. Oh and the Scottish Cup final between rantic. This was our moment and nobody can take the shine off that

cleanyman
21-05-2016, 07:20 PM
The running on the park is fine.

The assaults on the park are not

Steve20
21-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Didn't ruin a thing. HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS. That's all that matters

Greencore
21-05-2016, 07:21 PM
https://twitter.com/tabithamangan/status/734100636309069824

SunshineOnLeith
21-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Nobody cares, mate. We won.

Captain Trips
21-05-2016, 07:23 PM
I was on pitch and would do it again. Amazing feeling.

jockodile
21-05-2016, 07:26 PM
I was in south stand so no way was pitch possible but 114yrs and no serious dramas. No biggie

Golden Bear
21-05-2016, 07:33 PM
A pitch invasion is one thing but (alleged) assaults on the rangers players is indefensible, no matter how you try to dress it up.

skyehibee
21-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Who cares we won

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Shut up and enjoy ffs

Hibs Class
21-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Also if the police had any brains and baws they'd have been out in force at 3-2 but they left it to the minimum wage security then trotted out far too late

I was disappointed there wasn't a lap of honour but no way did it spoil the day. Decision to ban the lap of honour was a small minded decision from a small minded police force who are always desperate to exert their authority against Edinburgh football fans whilst turning a blind eye to the ugly twins.

ALF TUPPER
21-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Nothing ruined for me.
Glorious day. 114 years of taunts, jibes, ridicule, mocking, teasing and abuse. We did it !!!
Scottish Cup winners 2016.

No more of that or Hibsing it nonsense.
I'm a very happy Hibby.

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬💚🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

steakbake
21-05-2016, 07:44 PM
114 years... we beat The Rangers. I can totally understand the pitch invasion. They're shroud waving about how awful it was. I couldn't care.

GloryGlory
21-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I was on pitch and would do it again. Amazing feeling.

When we get fined will you contribute to make up the budget?

Pete
21-05-2016, 07:46 PM
"Ruin"

Away and chase yersel :faf:

mca
21-05-2016, 07:48 PM
When we get fined will you contribute to make up the budget?

You Sound so happy...

--------
21-05-2016, 07:51 PM
I really don't believe the posts on this thread.

Pitch invasion - inexcusable.

Vandalising the pitch and the goalposts - inexcusable.

Surrounding and confronting the opposition players - inexcusable.

Bringing down the name of the football club on world TV - utterly inexcusable.

Defending all this? Inexcusable.

Just wait for tomorrow's headlines.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36350220

RIP
21-05-2016, 07:53 PM

The stewards and police opened the gates to the pitch. Fans walked on.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-05-2016, 07:54 PM
I thought the pitch invasion was a disgrace....i wanted to see the team and let them have their glory instead of watching twats tearing down goal posts and ripping up turf

Waxy
21-05-2016, 07:55 PM

It should all be about Hibs and the achievement but instead it's overshadowed by the idiotic actions of some fans.

Really gutted today I didn't get to see the lap of honourRubbish. That was the best cup win in Scotttish cup history.

Risboro Hibby
21-05-2016, 07:57 PM
To be honest I can live without the lap of honour. I was just worried the police and SFA would take such a paddy they would not play sunshine on Leith and GGTH. I thank them that they didn't do that and let us enjoy our moment to the full. The players shared it with us on the cup presentation stand so no harm done

lucky
21-05-2016, 07:58 PM
I could not care about one jot about it. The real issue is why Rangers fans went on the pitch!!

Hibs Class
21-05-2016, 08:00 PM
I thought the pitch invasion was a disgrace....i wanted to see the team and let them have their glory instead of watching twats tearing down goal posts and ripping up turf

There was no reason the lap of honour couldn't have taken place after the presentation, by that time there was the right amount of police to keep order. As i said above, it was petty to deny the vast majority of fans who stayed in the stands that moment.

snooky
21-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Rubbish. That was the best cup win in Scotttish cup history.

I agree. The pressurised emotions of 114 years of disappointment were released at the final whistle.
What were the fans supposed to do? Clap their hands and say "Well done chaps"? Aye, right!
GGTTH

warwickboy
21-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm not even a Hibs fan but been a Leither for about 12 years now, so ken how important this is for everyone in these parts.

Any tube could have told you what would happen at the final whistle if the Cabbage finally did it, especially when it looked gone at 2-1. The stewarding/policing was in slo-mo.

Forget it. The huns can't take defeat, they never have been able to, and are now cliping away with their usual *hurt*.

I'll be taking the bairn up for the parade tomorrow to see the auld silver thing ACTUALLY heading down this way. That's all that matters. You've done it. Enjoy.

brog
21-05-2016, 08:03 PM
I was disappointed there wasn't a lap of honour but no way did it spoil the day. Decision to ban the lap of honour was a small minded decision from a small minded police force who are always desperate to exert their authority against Edinburgh football fans whilst turning a blind eye to the ugly twins.

:top marksIve been told to F off back to Edinbra ya Fenian bas---- on countless occasions, & that was by the Weegie police! Separately, my son told me he saw a Sevco fan run on to the pitch, kick a Hibs fan kissing the ground, in the head & ribs & then run off the pitch as the stewards parted for him. Incredibly the same Sevco then ran back on the pitch, again the stewards moved aside & he committed more violence with impunity.

Tobias Funke
21-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Didn't ruin a thing. HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS. That's all that matters
:top marks

easty
I hope my day gets ruined like this again next season, and the next, and the next.

Ruined? **** off.

Pete
We've just won the Scottish cup yet some people are more bothered about a pitch invasion and a lack of a lap of honour?

On you go but leave me out of it please. Thread ignored.

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2016, 08:20 PM
Absolutely nothing could ruin today. Pitch invasion was good natured banter getting taken all out of proportion.

I care not one jot. We've won it finally :)

Joe Baker2
21-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Have a word with yourself FFS! - we've waited 114 years for this!

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 08:26 PM
I couldn't disagree more. The one fact that will stand the test of time is that Hibs won the Scottish cup in 2016.

In my eyes, those that ran on the pitch are totally forgiven. This was a massive moment in Hibs' history.

The Glasgow media might try to dampen it, but ***** 'em, this is our day now.

Enjoy yourselves boys, we *****ing done it!!!!

xxx

This!!

Just Magic!!!

We did it!!

Allan45
21-05-2016, 08:30 PM
I could not care about one jot about it. The real issue is why Rangers fans went on the pitch!!exactly, what about going to their ground. Sectarian singing, throwing coins. Horrible club. The supporters were celebrating a historic victory. I'll never forget this game:flag:

Alfred E Newman
21-05-2016, 08:40 PM
never spoiled it one little bit for me.Why were huns on the pitch anyway? we were celebrating they wanted trouble! grow men hitting 12 year old cocks the lot of them and them and they still haven't won any of the major honours in Scottish fitba GGTTH

Why were you celebrating at the Rangers end of the ground? We were all celebrating in among a magnificent Hibs support that stayed where they belonged. No ripping up turf, breaking goalposts, goading opposition fans, just pure joy .

SunshineOnLeith
21-05-2016, 08:42 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36350220

We won the *****ing cup, mate. Nobody cares.

Alfred E Newman
21-05-2016, 08:43 PM
We won the *****ing cup, mate. Nobody cares.

That's where you are so wrong.

Pete
21-05-2016, 08:45 PM
That's where you are so wrong.

:agree:

Plenty bitter weegies care.

--------
21-05-2016, 11:42 PM
I'm not even a Hibs fan but been a Leither for about 12 years now, so ken how important this is for everyone in these parts.

Any tube could have told you what would happen at the final whistle if the Cabbage finally did it, especially when it looked gone at 2-1. The stewarding/ policing was in slo-mo.

Forget it. The huns can't take defeat, they never have been able to, and are now cliping away with their usual *hurt*.

I'll be taking the bairn up for the parade tomorrow to see the auld silver thing ACTUALLY heading down this way. That's all that matters. You've done it. Enjoy.

You're right enough there - as soon as David Gray scored you could see people filtering down from the top of the terracing to the front. It was absolutely obvious what was about to happen. The police should have had all their people out on the stadium track well before that - any final going into the last ten minutes at 2-2 and the winner looking likely has the potential for a pitch invasion at the final whistle.

And it's not just the built-up longing to see it happen - SKY commentators seem to have developed a liking for the expression 'Hibsing it'. The English guy used it again right at the end - Hibs 3-2 up with about 40 seconds to go - "Hibs could still 'hibs' it even now". That isn't friendly 'banter' - it's outright disrespect.

A pal who was at the game said that Hibs fans were being searched at the turnstiles - was that all Hibs fans or only some? Because they can't have been doing that to the Rangers fans or the Rangers end wouldn't have been wreathed in blue smoke for so much of the game.

Wee Pat on the BBC was right - there are plenty reasons why what happened, happened, and one of those reasons is a massive failure of security. The police simply didn't do their job.

They're not excuses, but they're reasons, and they should be taken into account. But I still say it - the folks who went on the pitch, regardless of anything else they may have done down there, might very well have caused the club a lot of trouble and expense in the season ahead.

SlickShoes
21-05-2016, 11:57 PM
You're right enough there - as soon as David Gray scored you could see people filtering down from the top of the terracing to the front. It was absolutely obvious what was about to happen. The police should have had all their people out on the stadium track well before that - any final going into the last ten minutes at 2-2 and the winner looking likely has the potential for a pitch invasion at the final whistle.

And it's not just the built-up longing to see it happen - SKY commentators seem to have developed a liking for the expression 'Hibsing it'. The English guy used it again right at the end - Hibs 3-2 up with about 40 seconds to go - "Hibs could still 'hibs' it even now". That isn't friendly 'banter' - it's outright disrespect.

A pal who was at the game said that Hibs fans were being searched at the turnstiles - was that all Hibs fans or only some? Because they can't have been doing that to the Rangers fans or the Rangers end wouldn't have been wreathed in blue smoke for so much of the game.

Wee Pat on the BBC was right - there are plenty reasons why what happened, happened, and one of those reasons is a massive failure of security. The police simply didn't do their job.

They're not excuses, but they're reasons, and they should be taken into account. But I still say it - the folks who went on the pitch, regardless of anything else they may have done down there, might very well have caused the club a lot of trouble and expense in the season ahead.

Totally agree with all of this.

As soon as we scored the third any proper police force would have been out to stop the inevitable pitch invasion.

What actually happened was the police turned up 10 minutes later after leaving the stewards to deal with it, the stewards opened the gates and let the fans just run on, there was no jumping barriers for most folk just walk straight on to the pitch unchallenged.

Any game at hampden in recent times the police come out and form a human barrier at the end of the game to stop situations like this, today they did not do this and that led to fans pouring on to the pitch.

Craig_HFC
22-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Nothing ruined the day, get over yourselves.

We've just won the ****ing Cup!

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2016, 12:14 AM

Overshadowed my arse .... NOTHING can overshadow beating the currant buns to win the cup for the first time in over a century and with a last minute winner at that ..... overshadowed .... don't make me ****ing laugh !!!

C'mon the Hibees :flag:

Monopolyguy
22-05-2016, 12:18 AM
Ruined? Get A Fu**ing grip op. Best day of my Hibs supporting life. Some people just revel in misery.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Clearly (cleany) obvious that some .Net members were nowhere near Hampden today.

Nothing was ruined, it was a fantastic moment in our history and I'm truely gutted that you had to watch it on the tele

Onion
22-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Nothing ruined. Fantastic day.

No idea why some Hibs fans wanted to goad the Huns or start fighting them. As soon as the final whistle went all I could think about was Hibs. Who they beat in the final became irrelevant.

Fact the the Huns had to get their losers medals in the dressing room capped off a perfect day.

LaMotta
22-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Ruined? Get A Fu**ing grip op. Best day of my Hibs supporting life. Some people just revel in misery.

Exactly, miserable *******s. Any Hibs fan who thinks this day has been ruined in anyway whatsoever should just give up going to the games. Nothing will make them happy.

SJM
22-05-2016, 12:25 AM
When the hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup we were there we were there! Nothing could ever ruin that, nothing will ruin the parade with my young family.

How the **** can anyone put "ruin" I'm association with what we just sat and seen earlier. "Ruined" maybe watching on the telly or if you are that interested in weegie media. I would have loved a lap of honour, I loved the winner a million times more than anything else on football history more though.

Onion
22-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Clearly (cleany) obvious that some .Net members were nowhere near Hampden today.

Nothing was ruined, it was a fantastic moment in our history and I'm truely gutted that you had to watch it on the tele

:top marks Only folk who were annoyed were the media who didn't get their nice planned pictures and those at home. I've been to plenty matches where fans have ruined an occasion (the LC 2007 celebrations as ER spring to mind) but today certainly wasn't one of them. The scenes in the stands at Hampden were epic.

DH1875
22-05-2016, 12:27 AM
Play against any other team and no-one would batter an eye lid at the pitch invasion. Hibs fans shouldn't have invaded the pitch but fact is, Johnny Hun was also on the pitch and throwing punches.
As for Lee Wallace, I've just watched sportscene and unless I'm mistaken he was one of the first players off the pitch and didn't look to me that he was being attacked :confused:

Eaststandee
22-05-2016, 12:29 AM
I ran on the pitch and cried in the centre cirlce with hundreds of fellow supporters. It was beautiful and I'd do it again... and again... and again. Nothing was ruined the usual suspects try to take away from our achievements. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
22-05-2016, 12:34 AM
If I could relive 4:40pm to 5:30pm and do it all again I wouldn't change a thing.

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 12:38 AM

Can't believe this crap, I really can't.

If you've allowed the BBC BS to ruin this occasion for you, then i'm very very sad for you.

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 12:39 AM
I ran on the pitch and cried in the centre cirlce with hundreds of fellow supporters. It was beautiful and I'd do it again... and again... and again. Nothing was ruined the usual suspects try to take away from our achievements. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

:top marks:thumbsup:

The Kaiser
22-05-2016, 01:29 AM

Agreed. Bang on.

Lee Marvin
22-05-2016, 01:33 AM
Shut this pish thread. Didn't ruin my day one bit. Best day of of my life.

If players were assaulted, that's wrong. However stoll didn't ruin my day. Feel sorry for the people's whose say it did though :)

RS_1875
22-05-2016, 01:45 AM

Wheesht mate, our Hibees will parade the Scottish later today, who gies a **** about a lap of honour. History books will read Stokes, Stokes, Gray. That's all that matters.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk