PDA

View Full Version : Shed Pre-party Cancelled

Frazerbob
21-05-2016, 03:55 AM
The Shed have just posted the following on their Facebook page:

"Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances out with our control. The Scottish Cup Final pre match event at The Shed has been cancelled. We apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused. All the best for the match."

I suspect the police have told them to cancel due to being at the Rangers end.

leemel
21-05-2016, 04:52 AM
The Shed have just posted the following on their Facebook page:

"Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances out with our control. The Scottish Cup Final pre match event at The Shed has been cancelled. We apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused. All the best for the match."

I suspect the police have told them to cancel due to being at the Rangers end.

If anyone taking a bus there now needs an alternative I know a pub near parkhead that can accommodate another bus.pm me

crash
21-05-2016, 05:33 AM
A bit late in the day, this will impact a lot of fans. Shambolic!

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 05:41 AM
That's a bit of a disaster for folk with buses booked in there.

Surely the owner/manager must have been aware of the potential issues though and surely the Police should have been involved/consulted weeks ago rather than leave it to the last minute with little chance of people being able to make alternative arrangements.

CorrieHibs
21-05-2016, 05:46 AM
If anyone taking a bus there now needs an alternative I know a pub near parkhead that can accommodate another bus.pm me

PM sent

leemel
21-05-2016, 05:55 AM
PM sent

Replied

SeanWilson
21-05-2016, 05:56 AM
Joke to get that email when I woke this morning, however it does state that due to the low numbers it was not safe for the hibs fans to go there... Hey ho. Plenty o' pubs in the weej

Bristolhibby
21-05-2016, 05:57 AM
I love it. Huns get all of the West end of Hampden with multiple pubs, bars and venues.

Hibs gets the wasteland to the East of Hampden with a Shan pub and a Scotmid.

J

Darren1875
21-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Subject – URGENT Hibernian pre-hampden event at the shed Saturday 21st May 2016- CANCELLED 

Tam Coyle
Sat 21/05/2016 01:30
To:
tcoy1000@aol.com;

Subject – URGENT Hibernian pre-hampden event at the shed Saturday 21st May 2016- CANCELLED

Hi There,

Due to unforeseen circumstances we have had to CANCEL the pre-party event at the Shed. We sincerely apologise for this bitterly disappointing turn of events. Given that numerous groups have pulled out citing safety concerns, we have been monitoring the situation and having regular discussions with Police Scotland. We now feel that with the limited number of hibernian fans coming to the event, it would irresponsible to continue with the event.

On a personal level this is very disappointing and in no shape or form is this a reflection on Hibernian fans, who’s behaviour has been exemplary in the past. However your safety is our number one priority and we wish you all the best in the cup final and advise that you either delay your buses leaving Edinburgh or travel directly to the stadium without passing through Shawlands.

We would be delighted to host future events for your club and appreciate that to do this we our damaging your trust in us with such a late decision on the event, we can only apologise wholeheartedly for this turn of events. In the coming days we will contact you personally to hopefully make amends for the future.

Many Thanks
The Shed & Tam

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2016, 06:39 AM
I love it. Huns get all of the West end of Hampden with multiple pubs, bars and venues.

Hibs gets the wasteland to the East of Hampden with a Shan pub and a Scotmid.

J

Rutherglen is about 10 mins away on the bus. (no. 07) :wink:

Big_Franck
21-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Bet they cancelled it because of lower than expected numbers, the police part will be pish. They really weren't happy before the celtic final when less folk than expected turned up and I overheard a couple of their staff saying they wouldn't be doing it again. Very poor to cancel this late in the day though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Plenty gathered in Vogue Bar on Main St Rutherglen already, let the fun begin!

itslegaltender
21-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Beechwood has plenty room just now....

hibee_nation
21-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Were in chapmans in Rutherglen about a dozen of us mostly Westies GGTTH

MSK
21-05-2016, 10:38 AM
Montfords jumping, mon the hibees, ps, its filling up, if you aint here early you aint getting in 😬

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Montfords jumping, mon the hibees, ps, its filling up, if you aint here early you aint getting in 

have a pint(or several) for me K :cheers::cup:

MSK
21-05-2016, 10:53 AM
have a pint(or several) for me K :cheers::cup:Im on it mate 😃🍺🍺👍