PDA

View Full Version : Jambo in peace - Good luck

may 16th 1998
20-05-2016, 11:25 PM
Hope you do it tomorrow and have your day in the sun.

For what it's worth I think you'll win today, feels very much like 1998 when we went through more in hope than belief, but as underdogs with nothing to lose we had a go and backed by a noisy support we rode our luck and lifted the cup.

Sure you'll have a similar noisy passionate support and with a touch of luck bring it back to Leith.

Good luck from a life long Jambo.

SlickShoes
20-05-2016, 11:25 PM
ok then

The Green Goblin
20-05-2016, 11:36 PM

For what it's worth I think you'll win today, feels very much like 1998 when we went through more in hope than belief, but as underdogs with nothing to lose we had a go and backed by a noisy support we rode our luck and lifted the cup.

So, to all Hibees be noisy, be proud and good luck from a life long Jambo.

Fair dos. Cheers for posting. 👍

Hi Heid Yin
20-05-2016, 11:44 PM
I have, in fact, in the distant past, done something very similar and received both negative and positive responses.
So, with this in mind I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say thank you for your gesture.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-05-2016, 12:24 AM

Sure you'll have a similar noisy passionate support and with a touch of luck bring it back to Leith.

Appreciated.

Cheers.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-05-2016, 12:57 AM
Fairy nuff. Cheers!

Stax
21-05-2016, 01:00 AM

Disagree, I'm not going through tomorrow more in hope than belief. I'm going through knowing we're playing a team we've beaten well already. We've also pumped yourselves and other teams out the cup from the division above. Going through tomorrow to support my team and if they do it they'll have done it the hard way. Administration was part of the cost of beating Gretna on penalties which was your day in the sun.

SJM
21-05-2016, 01:22 AM
**** the hearts.

connerg
21-05-2016, 01:46 AM
No wonder we're such a soft touch. Wakey wakey Hibs.

SJM
21-05-2016, 01:52 AM
Nae need for **** like that.

You would cheer a hearts goal in the final aye?

There's definite need for it. **** them. We are the hibs.

Pete
21-05-2016, 01:54 AM
Quite a lot of moderate jambos want us to beat Rangers. A lot of the older ones especially.

That's how popular Rangers are.

polarbear
21-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Weirdo.
There's no way in the world I'd be wishing them luck in anything.

SJM
21-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Quite a lot of moderate jambos want us to beat Rangers. A lot of the older ones especially.

That's how popular Rangers are.

Deep down it will kill them when we win. Saying they want us to win is precautionary. I wouldn't want them to win a game of kirbie.(happened earlier and the wee Jambo won)

The_Exile
21-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Fair dos, know a few decent yams and they all want us to **** Sevco big style.

connerg
21-05-2016, 02:15 AM
Hearts biggest game of the season is taking place at Hampden Park today. Make no mistake they are utterly ****ting themselves if we manage to win it. What does that tell you about them?

Jones28
21-05-2016, 02:33 AM
You would cheer a hearts goal in the final aye?

There's definite need for it. **** them. We are the hibs.

I'd never cheer it, I draw the line the at giving dogs abuse to a genuine hearts fan wishing us well against the Huns.

SJM
21-05-2016, 02:38 AM
I'd never cheer it, I draw the line the at giving dogs abuse to a genuine hearts fan wishing us well against the Huns.

Each to their own. Every hearts fan will be spewing if we win tomorrow regardless of any niceties. It's the equivalent of their club saying they will promise to pay for the poppies they sold, lies.

Jones28
21-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Each to their own. Every hearts fan will be spewing if we win tomorrow regardless of any niceties. It's the equivalent of their club saying they will promise to pay for the poppies they sold, lies.

If we win it will be the greatest day, and the looks on their faces will be priceless.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 03:31 AM
No need for some of the responses to the OP.

Fwiw whilst a lot of Hearts fans I know have stopped short of saying they want us to win, most have said they 'don't want Rangers to win'. If I'm being honest if Hearts played Rangers in a final I'd probably feel the same.

HoboHarry
21-05-2016, 03:34 AM

You can choose to believe that if you wish but I am one of the older fans that Positive Pete mentioned. I would agree that most Hearts fans will hope that we lose tomorrow but to say all is simply untrue. My distaste for Hearts is easily outstripped by my out and out hatred of Rangers. They are just the epitome of everything that is wrong in Scottish football and any time a team other than Rantic wins a trophy is OK by me.

SJM
21-05-2016, 03:35 AM
Sorry PB, your always fair. Apologies to the Jambo boy if being genuine.

HoboHarry
21-05-2016, 03:36 AM

Fwiw whilst a lot of Hearts fans I know have stopped short of saying they want us to win, most have said they 'don't want Rangers to win'. If I'm being honest if Hearts played Rangers in a final I'd probably feel the same.

Agree completely PB....

SJM
21-05-2016, 03:37 AM
You can choose to believe that if you wish but I am one of the older fans that Positive Pete mentioned. I would agree that most Hearts fans will hope that we lose tomorrow but to say all is simply untrue. My distaste for Hearts is easily outstripped by my out and out hatred of Rangers. They are just the epitome of everything that is wrong in Scottish football and any time a team other than Rantic wins a trophy is OK by me.

Fair enough Mr Harry. I can't agree and will never want hearts to win anything at all never mind the Scottish cup sir but we all have different feelings on the matter. What matters most is we are all Hibees and this is our day.

Pretty Boy
Sorry PB, your always fair. Apologies to the Jambo boy if being genuine.

No need to apologise.

99% of the time Hearts fans are fair game, I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt for now.

SJM
No need to apologise.

99% of the time Hearts fans are fair game, I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt for now.

Sound mate.

Onion
21-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Would like to appreciate the gesture but cannot help but find it patronising and intrusive. Today has nothing to do with Hearts or Hearts fans, despite the vast majority of them taking a greater interest in the fate of Hibs than their own club.

Today is about Hibs fans and the generations of Hibs fans who have carried this burden and no one else.

Hearts fans are just weird.

Oscar T Grouch
21-05-2016, 06:17 AM
I had a hun fan wish me and Hibs all the best last night, says he hopes its a good game and that the best team on the day wins. Like it or not, not all the rangers fans or hertz fans are mouth breathing Neanderthals. I hate the hearts but I'm related to a few of their supporters and would never blanket them with some of the morons who support them. Saying that, last night was the first hertz or the rangers fan to wish ma team well today. I think the OP is genuine enough but does show signs of their total obsession with us 😉

🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬GGTTH🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

buktapurple79
21-05-2016, 06:24 AM
**** the charity thieves, GGTTH

Greencore
21-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Not every Jambo is bad, some actually donate to charity without stealing..... Thanks, but **** the hearts.

PeeJay
21-05-2016, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the best wishes - hope we do it so we can finally get this monkey off our backs ... my brother's a Hearts fan, he won't be wanting a Glasgow club, recently formed, to win this silverware for the first time, he'd grudgingly accept a victory by an Edinburgh team, even if it is Hibs ... tbh I'd be the same if this was them instead of us ...

buktapurple79
21-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Hearts biggest game of the season is taking place at Hampden Park today. Make no mistake they are utterly ****ting themselves if we manage to win it. What does that tell you about them?

Spot on - Facebook full of Yams coming out with the ***** about OUR final. The highlight of their season was the 30th anniversary of Sir Albert Kidd. Totally obsessed with us.

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 06:31 AM
Don't think I could possibly wish the hertz on to win anything, not even the texaco cup. So got to give the jumbo credit for being so fair minded.

GGTTH

rcarter1
21-05-2016, 06:37 AM

Thanks Dude!

JimBHibees
21-05-2016, 06:41 AM

Totally agree can remember in 98 kind of wanting Hearts to beat Rangers also as had a few decent mates who were Hearts fans. The wins after that were slightly different :greengrin however fair dos to the guy know what he means. Let's get this monkey off our backs once and for all.

#FromTheCapital
21-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Fair play to the OP. Think I'm right in saying the vast majority of hearts fans will be praying for a rangers win today, but there are a few I know who genuinely hope we do it. Would I be the same if it was the other way round? Absolutely no chance, albeit hibs and hearts circumstances are worlds apart. Respect to you.

Waxy
21-05-2016, 07:06 AM
99.9% of jambos want us beat. Today has nothing to do with them. Their season is over. Enjoy shopping.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-05-2016, 07:29 AM

I was only 14 at the time and was on a school trip abroad so missed the game live. I remember seeing the highlights when I got home and recall a ridiculous keeper mistake by Rangers to allow a Stephane Adam daisy cutter under him. Was it Goram? I also vaguely remember that Rangers, possibly McCoist, should have had a late penalty?

These are the bits of luck that I genuinely can't ever remember us ever getting in big games. Plenty pish like that seems to go against us at Hampden though [emoji849]

HibernianJK
21-05-2016, 07:36 AM
LTYF.

But Cheers :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2016, 07:42 AM
There may be a lot of fans today who would like to see us beat The Rangers for a variety of reasons and a fair few of them will be because of a longstanding dislike of the OF. Not sure that there is a lot of value in picking and chosing who to thank and who should bolt.

theonlywayisup
21-05-2016, 07:56 AM
It's funny that I do think there are similarities between us today and them in 98. The difference was that they were playing a Rangers team on the decline from the top, whereas we're playing a The Rangers team on the rise from the basement of Scottish Football.

I recall a Rangers fan saying how the Hertz got a very soft decision for their first goal and that Rangers were denied a late penalty for the chance to equalise - a free kick being awarded when the foul was inside the box.

I also recall that the Hertz were being laughed at before the game for the 50 year gap between a cup of any type, whereas teams like Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers etc had won cups during the same period. There was a Daily Record article that I showed to someone at work, who was only too happy to recall it on the Monday after the game. It was only after that win that the 1902 became a talking point.

Let's re-write history today!!!

bruno
21-05-2016, 08:33 AM
It's funny that I do think there are similarities between us today and them in 98. The difference was that they were playing a Rangers team on the decline from the top, whereas we're playing a The Rangers team on the rise from the basement of Scottish Football.

I recall a Rangers fan saying how the Hertz got a very soft decision for their first goal and that Rangers were denied a late penalty for the chance to equalise - a free kick being awarded when the foul was inside the box.

I also recall that the Hertz were being laughed at before the game for the 50 year gap between a cup of any type, whereas teams like Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers etc had won cups during the same period. There was a Daily Record article that I showed to someone at work, who was only too happy to recall it on the Monday after the game. It was only after that win that the 1902 became a talking point.

As a football fan with a wish to be biased and tease and wind up followers of our rivals about their awful Scottish Cup record I would want Hibs to lose

As a family man with friends and family who are Hibs supporters I want Hibs to win so they can enjoy the day, the night and the parade as much as I have with my son

So today I wish good luck to all my long suffering friends and family I hope you finally get the day out you deserve

Plus I can't stand Rangers and I am happy to say I have no family or friends who support that vile institution

rcarter1
21-05-2016, 08:42 AM

I felt the same about their win in 98. As you say we had been singing things like 35 years in a row, Jambos and Trophies don't go etc. Which was a laugh at the time, but good grief not worth getting into a twist about. In 98 I saw it as an Edinburgh team take on one of the big bad boys from the west.

I have had a couple of good lucks from Jambo's, and I get the feeling that they mean it. I know places like kickback will be different, but why treat everyone as if they have one opinion. Im happy to take the good luck from the OP, and anyone else that offers it.

CraigHibee
21-05-2016, 09:00 AM
Wow, a rival supporter comes on, wishes us good luck and he gets pelters for his troubles, I know a few Jambo's that have sent good wishes for today.

They have all said they want the cup coming back east rather than soap dodge city.

Thanks for your wishes op

bigwheel
21-05-2016, 09:08 AM
Wow, a rival supporter comes on, wishes us good luck and he gets pelters for his troubles, I know a few Jambo's that have sent good wishes for today.

They have all said they want the cup coming back east rather than soap dodge city.

I can't take any good luck messages from Jambos seriously. Some may well be genuine (including the OP), but it all feels a bit patronising to me....

Edinburgher
21-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Anyone seen this - was having a quick spy at hun.net and there might be some sincerity in the OP`s post - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/&page=14 Scroll down a bit and you will see.

Alfred E Newman
21-05-2016, 10:22 AM

We have quite a few supporters of various clubs down here and apart from the usual erses , they are all wishing us well. There is little love for The Rangers anywhere other than amongst their own.

Jim44
21-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Anyone seen this - was having a quick spy at hun.net and there might be some sincerity in the OP`s post - http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/295233-the-official-rangers-vs-hibernian-thread/&page=14 Scroll down a bit and you will see.

The proprietor must be a Celtic supporter. My guess would be an early morning jape by a hibby.

bruno
21-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Well done Hibs
Delighted for my family and friends who can savour this weekend

CraigHibee
21-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Well done Hibs

Thanks Bruno:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 05:48 PM
well, my sister who's a yamboid(only because i'm a hibby...sibling rivalry and aw that :wink:, and she's never actually saw hertz play) was on the blower immediately afterwards and quite possibly more excited than me, had to tell her to calm doon a bit :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
21-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Well done Hibs

Thanks bruno.
Today we exorcised a ghost and finally put to rest the hoodoo.

Joe6-2
21-05-2016, 08:25 PM

See what you mean, but I've had a read thro this, wow, the vitriol, hatred, language, it's horrendous! They think the BBC are against them too!!!!!!